Install Arc
Options

STO Outage - 6/13 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    paladinfury1978paladinfury1978 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kenshi6767 wrote: »
    Apparently there has been no word from anyone. And i have been monitoring FB also.

I think we all owe a TY to this Threads resident Dev stalker for keeping us informed.:P
  • Options
    vixenjalynnvixenjalynn Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Logical explanation may be given very soon. I tweeted to find out answers. I will post the reply if it isn't done here before I get my answer.
  • Options
    mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im thinking the chances of anything being hung at PW re slim next to none...

NEVERWINTER is stealin our bandwidthz... OMGz !!!!

lol bran flakes has denied this in the last few months of server crashes..... says it is totally unrelated but when asked to why he believes the problems are occuring he gave a very suttle two step speech around giving any kind of answer to anything then also admits that cryptic is not the problem. well somewhere there is a problem and why not throw the culprit under the bus?? sigh this is because cryptic is the problem and we would be less mad to just hear them admit they are having a problem and are working on correcting it but no such luck they are just abunch of monkeys working in a cubical trying to see if they can actually write a shakespear book.
  • Options
    puykonigpuykonig Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    did the Romulans put a virus on the server again?
  • Options
    droidloverdroidlover Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Either they don't know what is wrong yet...or they can't get of solitaire to realize it's down. :P
  • Options
    deightonxdeightonx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    anyone have any certain issues before the server went down??? as i heard about the exchange issues, i had a total reputation points lost & a maco xii piece lost within the crafting process....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I logged on earlier today, 10 days into my 3 month subscription and I wasn't gold anymore.
    I didn't receive any of the EC from AH sales due to being put back to the 10 mil EC limit and to top it all off, now I can't even log into the servers.

WTF is going on?
  • Options
    keiichi2032keiichi2032 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm getting a different problem than you guys. I get the same stuff on STO, but then I go to CO to wait downtime out... but "play" is greyed out on all my characters. I make a new character (just to see what happens) and all of my purchased options are gone. I go to the website, and it says my account is inactive... I check STO as well, and get the same thing, account inactive. Is this related to the downtime in some way? I've been paying sub since 2010, why would it stop now? Checked the bank, and I got money in there, so that can't be the problem.
    Paid STO subscriber since December 2010, and DJ for mmo-radio
  • Options
    pel2pel2 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cryptic thier pockets full, hands empty the dev's gone. The servers on the river Tamok sailing in the Titanic, Picard screaming at enkidu...Why the servers DOWN!!!!:mad::mad:
  • Options
    phoenixstarrfirephoenixstarrfire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The very fact that Twitter side of STO itself is silent makes me think all hands are scrambling to repair whatever issue that seems to be potentially serious. To the point they don't want anyone to know.

But that's just my Romulan side within me getting nervous.
  • Options
    soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Obviously they aren't making enough money charging people 25 dollars per ship to pay someone 10 bucks an hour to monitor the game over night.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here.

Would be nice if they actually put up s courtesy note.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Time for Dstal to take a 2nd leave of absence for the a year.

I mean I have 2 guys drop from the que system and then I warp out and get a 1 hour ban so I watch Pawn Stars for a hour come back and the servers down.

I feel sorry for the people with monthly gold accounts.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Listen to "Don't Worry, Be Happy". If you think that this is bad, try being a mod for the 3 PWE games all having maintenance at the same time....one for a major expansion...

That'll be enough to make you drink....

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    nightveil01nightveil01 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Back from dinner. What'd I miss?
  • Options
    locutasborg69locutasborg69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think their engineres worked on the titanic ............ or got schooled by them .... stable as the titanic is "unsinkable"
  • Options
    captreljakcaptreljak Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    its 1031 pm at my place last time i logged in was at 10 am before the work sto did anyone esle been on since or this a new issue?
  • Options
    ilarion11ilarion11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    humm time for some free zen let sey 500 per 30 min maybe they will fix it faster
  • Options
    wolfieebryanwolfieebryan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    codyniz1 wrote: »
    Server just went down. Let's wait for some sort of announcement about this.

What? Really? What planet are you from? Server went down over an hour ago.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited June 2013

About 40 pages of various QQ and responses. Nothing else beside that.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Obviously they aren't making enough money charging people 25 dollars per ship to pay someone 10 bucks an hour to monitor the game over night.

^^ This, times a million.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    paladinfury1978paladinfury1978 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jales wrote: »
    My husband is an IT guy. He watches multiple servers. If the server goes down he gets an alarm on his phone that wakes him up and instant emails on what is going on. He can fix it from our bedroom in usually 20 minutes. On a few rare occasions, it's taken him hours, but that's what happens when some IT wannabe jacks up your programming and gives you the "What? I didn't do nothing!" story. You kind of have to chase it down yourself.

Yes, it's possible.

FYI, you're letting a jock kick your butt in IT, guys.

I tried telling them that Bioware does that here where I live.. but appearantly (Ive been told) that this is some sort of hard-to-get space age tech that only a super Dev like Bioware can afford or understand. I replied that Shoppers Drug Mart uses it too. Im still awaiting a reply on that.
  • Options
    captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Time for Dstal to take a 2nd leave of absence for the a year.

I mean I have 2 guys drop from the que system and then I warp out and get a 1 hour ban so I watch Pawn Stars for a hour come back and the servers down.

I feel sorry for the people with monthly gold accounts.

Did you like how Corey dropped his new Harley? Hiliarius!
  • Options
    jrmotorsports88jrmotorsports88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    that whole getting banned for 30min to a hr for leaving que during a stf is bullcrap
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited June 2013
    Well branFlakes Twitter and Sto twitter (the usual oops we crashed sites info) haven't been updated in 3hrs quick tweet and wake em up via so they know its broke :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lspravenlspraven Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ACTUALLY, IT IS WORSE THAN THAT.

I am obviously the first person to notice what is wrong.

To find out follow these steps:

1. Go to your Star Trek Online folders.

2. Open the Star Trek Online folder.

3. Open the Live folder.

4. Open the Local Data Folder.

5. Guess what is missing.

*Hint: It has something to do with why we can't get any of our characters.*

*Bigger Hint: Go to here and see what it says: http://sto.perfectworld.com/community/tribble-test *

*Tip instead of Hint: In the Local Data Folder all of the local game files except the one are missing.*

*Helping Tip: Try using the live server now all it will do is freeze and not do anything, except show logging in or whatever.*
  • Options
    svengali8svengali8 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Nada...still waiting!!
  • Options
    galacticalphagalacticalpha Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yep,,,,the janitor tripped over the cord,,,,,oh dear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    devlar2devlar2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sta?bil?i?ty
    n. pl. sta?bil?i?ties
    1. The state or quality of being stable, especially:
    a. Resistance to change, deterioration, or displacement.
    b. Constancy of character or purpose; steadfastness.
    c. Reliability; dependability.

I wasn't sure you guys at Cryptic knew the definition...just wanted to let you know what it means.... You can thank me later....
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PWE should write a book and make this a chapter in it called "how to alienate your players". Would be nice to get a response from them, it's been a few hours already.
This discussion has been closed.