Options

STO Outage - 6/13 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    rageycage559rageycage559 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    some nice eye candy in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ_7FIykNs0

Thats good, I just happened to have been beating.
  • Options
    jrmotorsports88jrmotorsports88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no i can log in just wont go to character selection
  • Options
    talia034talia034 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Server still down, huh?

I guess these folks have a lot of difficulty getting it up. :(
  • Options
    isee1isee1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dear Cryptic,

(In an annoying female Ferengi voice) Time is money - ;)

That is all.

That's a female!????
  • Options
    enochenoch Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't pay attention to the forums. For some strange reason, these forums are a hotbed of people wanting to kvetch and yell about every tiny nitpick. Don't let my latest GP article linked in my signature turn you away, either. It's the last in a series lead up (though totally go there and read all my STO articles :P)

The game is fun. You'll have fun if you like Star Trek. I'm sorry about th ebad timing, that really sucks, man.

Just wanted to say, great article, I really hope they get themselves together and break out of the 90s business model of never improving a product until it's about to go under so as not to interfere with investors profits. Looking at the world economy, focusing only on the investors and others in the top down economic model isn't working :P
  • Options
    svengali8svengali8 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So is there any idea as to when this is going to get fixed...its already 9:15pm central time
  • Options
    kenshi6767kenshi6767 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Beating what?
  • Options
    jeremiahscrewflyjeremiahscrewfly Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you would think with all the money they made from me and others that they could afford some top quality techs and equipment to prevent stuff like this from happening
  • Options
    daern45daern45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First, like the rest, I am tired of the server being down all the time lately. Every other day is a server maintenance issue, and now it is down yet again. As one here stated, I paid for lifetime membership, and have not gotten much playtime for it. As another said, I have put a lot of money into C store, also retired btw, and would like to enjoy what I paid for.

ALL this said, can we please not demean or belittle one another. Just cause your upset, does not give you the right to be mean to someone else who is upset. Sarcasm is uncalled for and so is the smart allec remarks. The admins put these boards up primarily to allow people to vent and to see what problems are out there.

While I agree that this is a multinational operation and has huge income, it is being run to make money, not necessarily to please it's customer base. This is my opinion and not something I wish commented back upon.

I know that some of the admin's and techs do try hard to get things right, and I applaud them for their effort.

So, while we all have a right to be upset, and would LOVE to see some kind of recompense for our lost game time and pain, I would not expect it anytime soon.

IF anyone from the STO or Cryptic sites are reading this, perhaps giving everyone a 5 pack of keys or even a 10 pack would be a nice gesture.

I would like to say, while we all need to vent and post our complaints, try to think about the other person being angry and don't step on them. Think of how you would like it if they stepped on you.

I say this as SOME of the remarks made towards others got me angry for their rudeness and arrogance. Trust me when I tell you that you are no better than anyone else on this site and your remarks and rudeness proves that.

It is the server being down, yet again, that has us upset.

And for those who love to be rude, I am a retired business man with lots of experience with rude and childish employee's. You neither offend me nor do I take your remarks seriously towards me. I simply consider the source.

I do prefer that people be polite even in their criticism, as I have tried to be in this post.

Cryptic, please fix the issue.

Thank you.
  • Options
    jrmotorsports88jrmotorsports88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oooo page 50 half way there lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    too bad the server doesn't just auto play this before it burns up as well.....http://youtu.be/c4y_oWBiwAo
  • Options
    kedmakedma Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Reposting

Again

you need a time stamp on that message.. so we know that they really ment to say..

" Look, We broke it.. go play on the test server.. we have not broke that today.. yet.."
  • Options
    weirdoman1weirdoman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whoopie, page 50 *starts to bang head on the wall*
    Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders." :cool:
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    IM GONNA START PLAYING STAR WARS OLD REPUBLIC MMO TRIBBLE YOU CRYPTIC/PWE SOBS AND YOUR STUPID CASH COW GAME!!! IM GOING HOME :mad: :mad: :mad:

Can we haz your stuffs?

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    500 :D

/10char
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    paladinfury1978paladinfury1978 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    superinept wrote: »
    Hopefully it's something simple like a hung script and not a more nebulous memory leak.
    Im thinking the chances of anything being hung at PW re slim next to none...

NEVERWINTER is stealin our bandwidthz... OMGz !!!!
  • Options
    thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    seriously ? where the heck are you people from ? A tribble could do better ... Do you think adding an advertising banner is going to make it all better ? I really don't need this I'm 52 years old with heart problems and this is my only get away and ya'll have ripped me off .. stolen as it were ... can't respond to tickets at all ... send me the tickets @ 76avenger@gmail.com I bet I give people better answers than you ..
  • Options
    killianofarrelkillianofarrel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's just cloaked! ;)
  • Options
    thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can we haz your stuffs?

I just want his/her communications skills. Really top notch.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic please go buy some new servers. Tell Our Glorious Chinese Overlords you need the money to bribe an NSA analyst. I'm sure they'll go for it then!
  • Options
    mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bwahahahha the login server has now forgotten my user name priceless....
  • Options
    kenshi6767kenshi6767 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good way to force people to try out Neverwinter. (subliminal messages inserted here)......I'm a sucker.
  • Options
    lmdklingonlmdklingon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    treking2 wrote: »
    It appears that anything more than a memory leak that requires
    just a simple server restart [to clear the problem temporarily]
    is enough to fluster this tech team. *sigh*

NO
    It's worse than that, It's dead, Jim, dead, Jim, dead, Jim;
    it's worse than that, It's dead, Jim, dead, Jim, dead.

The server all F'ed up...
  • Options
    gabriael69gabriael69 Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    i have a question does neverwinter go down this often bet you it dont and if it does me thinks it about time you get a new IT guy or a server upgrade seems to me something happening ever day now:mad: o well back to LOTRO
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So do we know what happened yet, did the engineers turn off the server and turn it back on yet, or hit control alt delete? what is going on here? Here I know wave an ancient bone over the server and go boga boga boga, ha ha ha, that should fix it.:eek::P
  • Options
    katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can we haz your stuffs?

You can haz his stuffs when you pry it from the cold dead server. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kedmakedma Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can we haz your stuffs?

he is going to get to SWTOR and relize he rage quit there too.. and gave away his stuff...
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Server says it's up. Prepare for the flood of players logging on to crash it again!
  • Options
    thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can haz his stuffs when you pry it from the cold dead server. ;)

But we're half way there already!
This discussion has been closed.