Install Arc
Options

STO Outage - 6/13 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    portendingennuiportendingennui Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    http://thestartrekchronologyproject.blogspot.com/

I'm currently up to DS9 Season 5/Voyager Season 3. Watching Future's End Part 2 atm.
  • Options
    dakilla3000dakilla3000 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is there a server page somewhere that tells you why the server is down?
  • Options
    jrmotorsports88jrmotorsports88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Reproduce he should not
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm chilled...it just gets annoying after a while when you add it to the fact that almost every day I try and play I get periods where I get bumped off every few minutes, and I even have two different pathways to the internet; the first is through the router in my house and the second uses my 4G Verizon Jetpack. I'm retired and I play this for fun and I've put a lot of money into it. There are stability issues that need to get fixed.

You'll find no matter what happens there will always be those jumping to Cryptic/PWE's defense. If this was once in a blue moon sort of thing I could understand that, but it happens way too much, they have admitted they don't use tribble as a test server it's a stability server and yet they don't listen to the majority of bug reports.

It's beyond a joke and if Cryptic ever approached me to work for them on this game I would turn them away as I wouldn't want my name on a product that has this many live bugs. Some bugs that are years old in fact, some admitted that are bugs, then intended features then readmitted as bugs again.

So I can understand your position entirely, it's bad workman ship the programmers let this game down a lot, but it could also be because of the management giving them unreasonable timeframes to complete work. I know many fans would happily wait a long longer for content if it gave us a stable product off the get go.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f104/Wily-AE/Random/DOWN.png

Page 43 already. When we get to ~100 it'll be up. ;)

let me know when you find it
  • Options
    lunateclunatec Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is going on 2 months of excessive downtime and degraded performance....fix it!
    KDF since 2/2/2010
  • Options
    superineptsuperinept Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hopefully it's something simple like a hung script and not a more nebulous memory leak.
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    qtrue wrote: »
    I am still a bit of noob, but it seems odd they can't put up a message saying that its down and if they have any sort of ETA. I mean they put up a message in the launcher when there is a planned patch. Why not something when its down?

Your fine. They are still noobs to QA testing, customer service, and honest communication.
  • Options
    jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cuatela wrote: »
    So you were a programmer for several thousand clients running a wide variety of systems, with a game comprising over 10 GB of information, with a multi-national corporation breathing down your neck with a timetable?

Wow, I bet Cryptic could learna lot from you. :rolleyes:

First, nice personal attack...thanks..and yes, I worked on systems with thousands of users...Motorola, Siemens, and one of the largest hospitals in Miami, with those thousands of users spread through five+ buildings. Would you like to go to the emergency room to be told they can't help you because their computers are down? Lots of the med bins are run by computers these days. If those systems don't work people don't get treated properly. Furthemore, what do you know about programming to even make an attack like that? Oh, what was that? You don't know anything? Tsk...
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    predicting emergency maintenance in 15min or < ... lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    dufus9889dufus9889 Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2013
    "The Mission City Brawlin? Betties, winners of three out of four roller derby bouts this year, will mix it up with the L.A. Derby Dolls Varsity Brawlers on the rink at the Earl Warren Showgrounds on Saturday, June 15. Doors will open at 4:30 p.m., a half hour before the coed bout begins."

I mean seriously guys. Put yourself in the dev's shoes. If this was going on in your city, would you really be hanging out next to a gaming server?
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    stark2k wrote: »
    I wonder how old is their server? Didn't they upgrade the thing in the last yr or two? :confused:

from here I still can see 80286 CPU based servers but they might have forgot to update svr ID too ;)
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    darkomdarkom Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Like us on Facebook

yeah right fix the game first
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I guess it's the IT person in me (been in the IT field for 25+ years); but there's also the possibility that it's a hardware issue, and the new code had nothing to do with the latest crash (or it could be software related too; unless you're in the room looking over the logs, you or I don't know.)

Is it annoying? Yep. But I don't think it's intentional as when the game's down, they make zero money; rile up some players, etc.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    isee1isee1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013

no they have to acknowledge the problem first and they don't do that sort of thing.
  • Options
    treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dufus9889 wrote: »
    Twitter is silent also. Say something great about the game and they are quick with a response. I do believe they are flustered about this one.

It appears that anything more than a memory leak that requires
    just a simple server restart [to clear the problem temporarily]
    is enough to fluster this tech team. *sigh*
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    twofast4 wrote: »
    by most expensive game i mean to say that i have been playing mmos for 13 years and ive played every mmo under the sun every server ive been on ive been uber cept for areia games shaiya witch is the only game more expensive than sto and what i mean by expensive is that one can spend no real money and within 6 monthes be half way decent so start a new toon put 6 monthes in and go to krat and try to pvp lol you will be the one every one wants to kill couse ya so easy pew pew you dead but yes the game is free but every thing in sto is expensive one way that they could lessen the burrden is every month get a free captin skill retrain token i mean sure if ya have 20 toons on a account and ya refine like hell ya can make some good money and dill and z but dam as a paying client if i pay ya are obligated to keep the servers up or what am i paying for

It's not free for everyone and a free re-skill token is part of the Vet Rewards as a subscriber or Lifetimer. Each time you advance in rank you get a free one and as a LTS you get all the vet rewards off the bat which gives you a total of about 4 free re-skill tokens.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    john53ajohn53a Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well i find it interesting that they say they are doing server stability fix and then the system is down half the night. They never fix they just keep messing things up. honestly I think the game needs to be revamped right. Somehow someone messed something up and just keeps doing it.
    I mean Dan keeps saying how the servers are stable, I guess he has not played much, I get knocked off still once or twice a night, or have to completely shut game down and restart. I called cable company they came out everything is Ok on their end and my end so that leaves Cryptic.
    Now i will not rant because others can do a better job than me, I just want the game back to where it was stable and playable, not this game that is way too unstable.............
  • Options
    dethkin9dethkin9 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Nice thanks for posting.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dear Cryptic,

(In an annoying female Ferengi voice) Time is money - ;)

That is all.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    tehepicpwnzertehepicpwnzer Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why is it that this day is filled with suck?!?!?!?! First an Orthodontist/Dentist/Orthodontist (again!!) trip then some of my braces pop off then I FINALLY sit down to play STO and some idiot unplugged the player buffer server!!!!!!! :mad:
    Star Wars next?

26th Fleet
  • Options
    kedmakedma Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013

to answer you question.. no... and for 2 reasons..

1 that would make to much sence..

2 that would pull the one guy they have in charge of the server, from fixing it.. to playing on the forums..
  • Options
    phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any word when it will be back up yet? Just tried to log on and just found out :(
  • Options
    weirdoman1weirdoman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders." :cool:
  • Options
    zaraakizaraaki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any one's Launcher Crashes Upon clicking Login? mine does Every single time no matter whats in the Username/Password area even empty the moment i click Login just crashes can any one help?
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Reproduce he should not

Thanks for those kind words Yoda.... lol cute ;)
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    See! This is what happens when you TRIBBLE off the Mirror Universe Exocomps!
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Reposting

Again
    wargill wrote: »
    I dunno if anyone reposted this but here you go...

Cryptic QA Hologram ‏@CrypticEQAH 11m

Holodeck's gonna have a short emergency downtime here. In the meantime, why not come over to Tribble and get a #hortafordoff ?

https://twitter.com/CrypticEQAH
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I blame Neverwinter.
    Ever since they started doing that game....Star Trek has started getting a lot of issues.....

It can be that coincidental that when Neverwinter kept having server problem and suddenly star trek is having them too.

The entire cant delete mail thing happened right after they did a fix for Neverwinter and their mail system.

And now with the big changes I started noticing Star Trek is having serious issues with keeping track of certain data.

Like for example My assigned bridge officers in their stations....every so often I find I have none there....so I have to go in and re-assign them.....other times my entire gui gets messed up....so I have to re-do the entire thing replacing missing powers on my power trays....or having to delete ones that mysteriously just appear.
    I also noticed on many of the fleet actions lately I don't get any mark rewards.....like for example the Mine Trap one......where you can choose between romulan and fleet marks......I have done that one 8 times now and gotten not one reward for it.
    And supposedly this is a bonus mark weekend...and I have yet to see any bonus..if nothing else I think I am getting fewer marks.

SO basically I blame neverwinter....ever since they started pushing that balance bugged game...Star Trek has gotten a lot more issues with it.

I am probably biased though....considering I feel that the Neverwinter character classes are subpar and the actual game play is boring.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• Options
    dethkin9dethkin9 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    http://thestartrekchronologyproject.blogspot.com/

I'm currently up to DS9 Season 5/Voyager Season 3. Watching Future's End Part 2 atm.

Quoted the wrong post lol, Thanks for this.
This discussion has been closed.