What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Outage - 6/13 [Resolved!]

Comments

• trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's the internet, so it's bound to happen, but I agree :P
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • phoenixstarrfirephoenixstarrfire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Q: What did the grape say when the Gorn stepped on it?
    A: Nothing, just let out a little wine.
  • talia034talia034 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is stupid. Wow. I'm a new user, and I've just bruised my jaw from it hitting the floor. So this is typical?

Well between the bugs I've seen in a couple of missions being impossible to complete, that awesome bug where no matter what I did I couldn't get into the mode where I could use my weapon...and now the game is effectively non-existent...

I'm thinking I may be in the wrong place.
  • doresainbanedoresainbane Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Whose fate was sealed as soon as EA got their claws into them.

The quality of Bioware games steadily went down since the buy out.

As with any game EA gets their hands on. Anyone remember Earth and Beyond? Loved it! Until they dropped it to try and boost sales for their lame TRIBBLE Sims game.

Ultima Online? Loved it! Until EA completely ruined it with their fancy updates. Well, Raph Kostar technically ruined that one just like SWG...

EA and Raph Kostar, if you see their names attached to it, Run.
  • greg21txgreg21tx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having same problem here in TX. There severs are overloaded....Which they should have accounted for
  • rainbowarcanarainbowarcana Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And this would be eight.

Beat me to it.
  • borisvodikaborisvodika Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    twofast4 wrote: »
    this game is the most expensive game there is on the net

so....by being completely free and not having to ever buy anything......it is the most expensive game on the "net" ?

really?

really?
  • buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    To whine about whine is fine
    To whine about downtime is not
    Come now whining whiners over whiners
    Is "Want some cheese?" the best that you've got?

Just a thought, but maybe if the anti-whiner whiners did a little whining instead of telling everyone to be thankful that they get to play for free (those fleet modules and Zen Store ships didn't really cost anything you know), maybe Cryptic/PWE would not pat themselves on the back during these things and hug the thoughts of one or two people who would be thankful for any chance to rally the team to the cause of "They are trying!"

Someone said "What can you do to help from behind a computer?" Well, quite possibly just a shade less than the people behind the computers in the server center are doing. Maybe they should read a book, eh? "Servers for Dummies" sounds apt.

So quit your whining about whining. Go do something else. Want some cheese with that?

To whine about whine about whine is fine
    To whine about whine about downtime is not
    Come now whining whiners over whining whiners over whiners
    Is "Want some cheese?" the best that you've got?

Just a thought, but maybe if the anti-whiner whiner whiners did a little whiner whining instead of telling everyone to be thankful that they get to play for free (those fleet modules and Zen Store ships didn't really cost anything you know), maybe Cryptic/PWE would not pat themselves on the back during these things and hug the thoughts of one or two people who would be thankful for any chance to rally the team to the cause of "They are trying!"

Someone said "What can you do to help from behind a computer?" Well, quite possibly just a shade less than the people behind the computers in the server center are doing. Maybe they should read a book, eh? "Servers for Dummies" sounds apt.

So quit your whining about whining about whining. Go do something else. Want some cheese with that?
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited June 2013
    Except if the internet worked the way STO does, it would have died long ago.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • zeihmelezeihmele Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is good, make 6-7 more threads to complain about the complainers. THEN... THEN we can have another thread complaining about the complainers who complain about the original complainers!! :eek:
  • zachariyazachariya Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ^ QFE I hate when people defend a service that isn't working like it will earn them free ZEN or something.

I wish it did, that would give me something to do during outages :D
    Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
  • cindylawsoncindylawson Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Some of us have pretty limited time to play as we do actually have lives other than video games. So when we want to play it's nice for the servers to be up. But, as we have all found it's quite rare to be able to log in.

Not that rare. I work 57 hours a week, but I generally can play when I want.

Does the current server downtime suck? Sure.

Will it be up tomorrow if I want to play? Most likely.
    http://geekparty.com/an-open-letter-to-cryptic-studios/ My latest STO article, about the Summer Event. Where I admit that really...it's mostly about the outfits.
  • sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    its been what...an hour? 7 different threads with hundreds of posts of "OMGWTFZORRS THE SERVER IS NO WORK!!"

How about you go kiss your wife, pet your cat, do the dishes, grow a pair?

You guys are embarrassing.

Check and more :D, check, check, and definitely check .... ready to play....
  • c0sm1cch33s3c0sm1cch33s3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sereneia wrote: »
    Awww jeez, i forgot I left a cake in the replicator....it's going to be ruined by the time we get back in...and I bet my alarm clock is beeping like crazy because the cake should be done by now...pah..typical..

fadmbambam wrote: »
    Come to the Tribble server.

Its down too :( or atleast the login server is
  • sereneiasereneia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    probably doesn't help that there are several threads about this situation...hey ho..more places for me to be pessimistic and inuenduous....yes...that is now a word...i made it..*Mental flex*
    ~Sereneia of Vets Fleet
  • weirdoman1weirdoman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seriously, Cryptic, how long does it take to go to the pet store and "adopt" (enslave is the more accurate word) a few hamsters?
    Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders." :cool:
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ^ QFE I hate when people defend a service that isn't working like it will earn them free ZEN or something.

INORITE...

Servers' down? : "to be expected, stop whining"
    Game glitch? : "known issue [for 13months], be patient"
    Unwelcome nerf? : "you exploiters deserved it"

The list goes on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • starjumpersixstarjumpersix Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As with any game EA gets their hands on. Anyone remember Earth and Beyond? Loved it! Until they dropped it to try and boost sales for their lame TRIBBLE Sims game.

Ultima Online? Loved it! Until EA completely ruined it with their fancy updates. Well, Raph Kostar technically ruined that one just like SWG...

I remember Earth and Beyond...I will never forgive EA for what they did. I cried when they bought out Bioware.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • caulkliquorcaulkliquor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rob2485 wrote: »
    This proves my point that when there is a big launch like Legacy of Romulus in the future they need to do extensive testing instead of pushing it out buggy.

I play another online game and they did a two month closed Beta before going live on 1 server and then releasing to everyone. I realize we only have 1 server but my point is Information Technology 101 teaches us to test software before releasing it.

Hell they could probably monetize access to a couple beta servers, making releases more stable and make a bit of profit on the side :S
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    More threads Scotty!

But cap'n they cannae take no more!
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love it when someone QQ's about the QQ'n lol, so that makes what 8 threads now, good job :)
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • captainazzaranocaptainazzarano Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good. It's about time the server crashed so they could fix the login and disconnection problems that have been effecting people since yesterday's (6/12) mini-patch.
  • miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    now lets just all calm down and get our jimmies unrustled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygr5AHufBN4
  • wetworth1wetworth1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    An hour? They were all posted in seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Time to go play Starcraft II Heart of the Swarm :D
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • khazimirkhazimir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Same thing could be said of Activision and Bobby Kotick. Makes me wonder how WoW has hung on for so long after the buyout.
  • sinc0sinc0 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    talia034 wrote: »
    This is stupid. Wow. I'm a new user, and I've just bruised my jaw from it hitting the floor. So this is typical?

Well between the bugs I've seen in a couple of missions being impossible to complete, that awesome bug where no matter what I did I couldn't get into the mode where I could use my weapon...and now the game is effectively non-existent...

I'm thinking I may be in the wrong place.

Out of the mouths of babes... .. . a gentle newb, thrust headlong into a hostile world of bugs and brutes. Hows the jaw, again?
  • mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maybe they need to restart in safemode???
  • thore187thore187 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sooo......they don't even bother making an official thread when the server unexpectedly goes down anymore huh?
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah the other several threads on this didnt inform me of that matter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
This discussion has been closed.