test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Web Version of the C-Store

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2013 in C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Hi Captains,

Just a heads up that the Web C-Store is no longer available. The in-game C-Store is available, as always.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Brandon,

Are there plans to bring it back?

Aside from signing into the game, how can we tell how much zen we have for STO?
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why was the Web C-Store removed? No longer kept updated?
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, that came out of nowhere. :eek:

Is it ever coming back?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • c0sm1cch33s3c0sm1cch33s3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sad they can do micro updates and remove features we wanted still but cant reply to any tickets...
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Kind of a bummer, get paid at work, drop some Zen into my account, buy some Master Keys and when I get home...toys.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    Brandon,

Are there plans to bring it back?

Aside from signing into the game, how can we tell how much zen we have for STO?

Not at this time, but we'd like to have it as part of the Gateway in the future. We're seeing if that might be a possibility for the future but there is no ETA I can provide if/when that's going to happen at this time. For your balance, you would need to check in-game.
    sad they can do micro updates and remove features we wanted still but cant reply to any tickets...

Please note that our Web team does not work on the tickets you are waiting for a reply on. Our GM team does and is working as fast as possible to reply to tickets, but we do have a large volume of tickets at this time. As tickets are answered in the order received, if you have not received a response yet, there are tickets ahead of yours.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • silence1311silence1311 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not at this time, but we'd like to have it as part of the Gateway in the future. We're seeing if that might be a possibility for the future but there is no ETA I can provide if/when that's going to happen at this time. For your balance, you would need to check in-game.

Please note that our Web team does not work on the tickets you are waiting for a reply on. Our GM team does and is working as fast as possible to reply to tickets, but we do have a large volume of tickets at this time. As tickets are answered in the order received, if you have not received a response yet, there are tickets ahead of yours.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    First the calendar, then spammy register pages, no ship sale and now this???

*Smacks head in utter stupidity* :rolleyes: Typical from you guys.

Well done. You have know cut one of your main revenue sources and lost a customer (There will be more to come, mark my words PWE and Cryptic). Next thing you know you will say that we will not be able to trade dilithium for Z-Points. What stupid reason made you guys do such a silly thing :D .....Sometimes I just wonder.....
    I still don't get why you want to get more profit and you guys pull such a *Word cannot be defined* thing. Hopefully you'll realise soon enough what you did was dumb..... :rolleyes:
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Brandon,

I didn't really understand the purpose of the external C-Store anyway (since you had to be in game to use the purchased item).

Regarding the Gateway... is there a dev blog series on that? I see that tool as one with a lot of potential.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
    edited June 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks Brandon.

Oh well. I was a nice feature to have while panning my purchases considering that I do not really get to be in game every day.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While I actually liked seeing the web store, as I could look and see what is in the c-store at a glance (why I dunno I just did hehe), I could see it's just redundant to have and serves no real purpose so letting the team not have to worry about one thing else is fine by me :)

Lets see some more updates to the gateway though! :P
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• johnny1051johnny1051 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's funny. I just bought some Zen and went to peruse the store while at work, and couldn't for the life of me figure out what happened to it. But, I'm excited to hear about changes and updates to the gateway, maybe eventually we will be able to execute Doff missions while AFK, and other cool stuff I need to have but haven't thought of yet ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    johnny1051 wrote: »
    That's funny. I just bought some Zen and went to peruse the store while at work, and couldn't for the life of me figure out what happened to it. But, I'm excited to hear about changes and updates to the gateway, maybe eventually we will be able to execute Doff missions while AFK, and other cool stuff I need to have but haven't thought of yet ;)

HAHA... our names are too close... my first reaction to your post was WHO THE HELL TRIBBLE MY ACCOUNT ;)

But obviously weJohnny's think alike... I am all for expansion of the gateway...

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • johnny1051johnny1051 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    HAHA... our names are too close... my first reaction to your post was WHO THE HELL TRIBBLE MY ACCOUNT ;)

But obviously weJohnny's think alike... I am all for expansion of the gateway...

You must be a newer model, hence your higher number :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Damn, another 'quality of life' feature gone... :(
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Brandon,

I didn't really understand the purpose of the external C-Store anyway (since you had to be in game to use the purchased item).

Regarding the Gateway... is there a dev blog series on that? I see that tool as one with a lot of potential.

People buying from work. Not really useful to the player, but it let them get some impulse sales during the workday.

More useful before the PWE integration, now with the hassle of transfering zen to STO, I doubt it had much real use.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to see it return in some capacity. Even though I never bought anything from the web format (always used the in-game function to avoid any complications) I have to admit that I did enjoy oogling some of the starships I wanted. They do have ample nacelles after all. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about bringing it back as a sort of "window shopping" feature. Like a catalog if you will. That way people can still look to see what is available and what the stats are. Then the next time they log in, they can just jump into the c-store, get what they want, then get back to playing.
  • jx1000ajx1000a Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First the calendar, then spammy register pages, no ship sale and now this???

*Smacks head in utter stupidity* :rolleyes: Typical from you guys.

Well done. You have know cut one of your main revenue sources and lost a customer (There will be more to come, mark my words PWE and Cryptic). Next thing you know you will say that we will not be able to trade dilithium for Z-Points. What stupid reason made you guys do such a silly thing :D .....Sometimes I just wonder.....
    I still don't get why you want to get more profit and you guys pull such a *Word cannot be defined* thing. Hopefully you'll realise soon enough what you did was dumb..... :rolleyes:

Did Brandon actually say that there would be no more ship sales? Or is your comment because you haven't seen one since last year? Just curious. :)
    edited June 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    How about bringing it back as a sort of "window shopping" feature. Like a catalog if you will. That way people can still look to see what is available and what the stats are. Then the next time they log in, they can just jump into the c-store, get what they want, then get back to playing.

This is an excellent idea.

I mean, all I ever wanted from it was to see what is available and what the cost is.

That way, I can plan my purchases efficiently, spend my zen in game and move right along to playing.

The web C-Store doesn't have to be completely interactive. Just enough to browse through, and as scififan pointed out so eloquently... "window shop". :D
  • jlebeckjlebeck Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's a shame, I play STO at my parents on their PC as I only have a laptop at my home, I've made regular purchases through the website for convenience. Not the end of the world though I suppose.
    The Continuing Voyages of Bridge Commander
    Captain Lee Drake - USS Sovereign
    Captain Draxon - IKS RanKuf
    Commander Torenn - IRW Soryak
    Captain Gregory MacCray - USS Geronimo
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2013

johnny1051 wrote: »
    You must be a newer model, hence your higher number :)

I wonder what Johnny Number Five is up to now-a-days?? ;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey everyone, been away for a few days and I noticed that the c-store tab on the website was gone.

Working being done on it or is that just a mistake that no one's noticed? Kind of like trying to navigate to the gateway program.

Seriously, if there was ever a website that needed a facelift. ;)
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=736501

It was taken down. They may add it to the Gateway at a later time.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah it was taken down, I guess they were having micro update problems with it, and they are trying to have part of the gateway, and dosent look like its coming back anytime soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    arhhh

I wish they could bring back the mail feature too ...
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's been quite awhile, can anyone tell me when & why the C-Store is no longer accessible through the website?
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=736501

That's all we've got on it.

At least that I know of.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    LOL, BRILLIANT !!!

I've NEVER purchased a c-store item in-game, I'm not sure I've ever really looked at the store ingame.

...But they 'might' put it in the gateway ? The same broken gateway thats been in beta for at least the last 6 months ???

OMG Guys, buy my account back please, I need to get outta this chicken-s^#$ outfit.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This makes little sense to me. Why remove a method for people to spend money?
    Was the web store difficult or expensive to maintain?

I used the web store many times, both to make purchases which I later claimed in game, and to browse and plan purchases.

Perhaps the issue is that many purchases are per-character, not at the account level. From that perspective, it might make more sense to associate this kind of functionality with the STO Gateway. I do hope they are able to devote some development resources to the Gateway sometime soon, it could certainly use some upgrades.
  • blazergibbblazergibb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    how do i access the ingame c store?