test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Disheveled State of Costumes

Comments

• zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if new C-Store costumes get released and the color palette of the left glove doesn't fit the color palette of the right glove...

somebody REALLY needs to go over all those options ALL of them.

not to mention that my KDF aligned Romulan was totally able to BUY and PAY for the Bortas'qu basic outfit at my Fleetbase, but did not get a single clothing option unlocked... (all i want are the boots anyway!)

on that note, with LoR a few more mannequins showed up around the various tailors, and one of those is wearing the Bortas'qu fleet outfit... but it is NOT AVAILABLE in game like that, half the pieces are just not there!

Way to tease your KDF players Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    talien wrote: »
    If a Romulan wants to wear a Federation or KDF uniform in order to "foster relations" with their chosen ally then they should be able to do so. The option should be there so people can choose whether or not to use it.

Totally agree on being able to put cross faction boffs in your own faction outfits, there's no concrete reason for not being able to do so.

Not totally related to costumes but I find it amusing that armor visuals are permanently disabled for KDF, Romulan, and Reman players/boffs, but if you have a KDF, Romulan, or Reman boff on a Fed character the armor magically displays if you enable it just like for normal Federation boffs.

Let's give Feds and Klingons eachothers uniforms as well then.

Should be real fun.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't want Fed uniforms to even be unlocked on my Romulan, because I'm not a Fed, I'm a Romulan. >.>

You may not want Fed or Klingon uniforms on you and your crew, but some others do.

More choice, is better than no choice. No one would be forcing you to use them.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You may not want Fed or Klingon uniforms on you and your crew, but some others do.

More choice, is better than no choice. No one would be forcing you to use them.

Which is ironic since I'm normally all for more choice.

But, see my previous post, you may as well give all factions ALL uniforms then.

Because ''some'' might want to dress up their Federation Andorian like a Klingon.

We may even go further and give all factions all ships, just become some might want to use a Raptor on a Fed character.

Most of the times I find maximum choice to be good, but in this case I do think player characters should be limited to their own uniforms, Romulan characters are not Feds, they are Romulan, with their own set of (admittedly small amount of) awesome uniforms.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • klaituklaitu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just wanted to express my support for more tailor love. Fix what we got now, and add more options, particularly hair options.. for everyone!
  • miramortalemiramortale Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    if new C-Store costumes get released and the color palette of the left glove doesn't fit the color palette of the right glove...

somebody REALLY needs to go over all those options ALL of them.

not to mention that my KDF aligned Romulan was totally able to BUY and PAY for the Bortas'qu basic outfit at my Fleetbase, but did not get a single clothing option unlocked... (all i want are the boots anyway!)

on that note, with LoR a few more mannequins showed up around the various tailors, and one of those is wearing the Bortas'qu fleet outfit... but it is NOT AVAILABLE in game like that, half the pieces are just not there!

Way to tease your KDF players Cryptic.

This really is precisely the sort of thing I was talking about. Not only is the Bortas'qu outfit misrepresented on the mannequins (really? There's a KDF skirt you don't have to pay Lobi for? ...Oh wait, fooled you. Ha! No there isn't.), you are ROBBED of your time, and effort to acquire it.
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Which is ironic since I'm normally all for more choice.

But, see my previous post, you may as well give all factions ALL uniforms then.

Because ''some'' might want to dress up their Federation Andorian like a Klingon.

We may even go further and give all factions all ships, just become some might want to use a Raptor on a Fed character.

Most of the times I find maximum choice to be good, but in this case I do think player characters should be limited to their own uniforms, Romulan characters are not Feds, they are Romulan, with their own set of (admittedly small amount of) awesome uniforms.

You are assuming that everyone should follow your defined boundaries for the game.

Look, we are forced into making a choice. Either Klingulan or Fedulan. If you are Reman, you dont even get to be yourself, you get treated and recognized as a Romulan.

So, if we HAVE to make the choice, then that choice should open you up to ALL options afforded to the faction you choose. For example, my Reman crew has chosen to abandon the Romulan Republic, and swear their allegience to the Empire. However, I can't make them look like soldiers of the Empire, because of these inane restrictions that have NOTHING to do with the gameplay itself. We're talking restrictions on factional aesthetics, just for the sake of restrictions. And it works the other way around too, that your faction officers cant be given uniforms which actually associate those officers with your crew, because why? Because the tailor is a bigot that won't sew up Romulan threads for a Gorn? RIDICULOUS!

They (Cryptic) did the same restriction nonsense on ships, which is pretty infuriating too. I had a mind to create a true Reunificationist crew, one that would work hand in hand with the Vulcans. Problem is, the only Vulcan ship in game, is Tier 5, meaning you cant fly it as a Romulan. I can see locking out the specific Starfleet and KDF ships, but we're talking about a racial ship and we can't even use it because of some arbitrary restriction that makes no sense at all. Oh, and let's not forget either that even though Romulans can take on faction Bridge Officers, it seems that we can't shanghai Romulan Bridge Officers into service on our KDF and Starfleet officers. What sense does that make?

Your example of allowing Starfleet and Klingon uniforms criss-crossed is apples to oranges here. If...IF...the Romulans had been made a full faction unto themselves, I could see full restrictions being put in place. But, because we are forced into one side or the other, there is no need for those restrictions on Romulan characters.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh, and let's not forget either that even though Romulans can take on faction Bridge Officers, it seems that we can't shanghai Romulan Bridge Officers into service on our KDF and Starfleet officers. What sense does that make?

Actually, you can, provided your fleet has their embassy leveled enough to get access to Romulan boffs.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    talien wrote: »
    Actually, you can, provided your fleet has their embassy leveled enough to get access to Romulan boffs.
    At significantly more investment in time, dilithium etc than Romulans have to go through to get Federation or KDF Bridge Officers. And come with preset skills. (all VR Female Romulan Tac officers are the same, etc) And last I checked, they are not tailor-customizable like normal Romulan Bridge Officers. The only customizable Romulan Bridge officer Fed/KDF can get is from the Lobi store-only comes in one gender and profession, and has about a quarter of the tailor options that Romulan characters can get for the same bridge officer.
    edited June 2013
    There are valid points on both sides of the argument. While I can understand the need for all three factions to be distinct. I also see the need to allow for variety. ..Especially when it makes sense. (Such as the case of bridge officers being able to wear the faction uniform of their Captain)

...But I don't want to stray too far from the heart of the matter. The costuming in STO has some very definite bugs. ...Particularly those that have popped up since LoR released.
    A complete overhaul of the tailor would be nice (well.. other than the U.I. ...which does look great! It's just the costumes themselves that are horribly broken), but first, and foremost, I'd like see the recent gremlins kicked to the curb.

Costuming in STO desperately needs some attention, and it's going to be a looong road (I fear). I just want to make sure they don't lump the newest problems in with rest, and decide to do something about the whole beast two years down the road.
    ....I really, really want to be able to switch between my outfits again. ...and soon. ..Not a year or more from now.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    HEAR HEAR. Better costume options for all!
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Tal Shiar uniforms are way off. Females can't wear basic gloves but males can. My Liberated Borg Rom Tactical character has a totally different palette from my Rom Engineer (one can choose a dark purple, one has no purples at all). Outside of Tal Shiar, the Lib Borg Rom only has 1 one color, black, available for all footwear. Hopefully this gets some TLC in the future.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I support more refined costume customization for the game.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To be honest, the tailor options in STO have been bugged since the game was released and have NEVER been fixed. Missing costume pieces, faulty colour schemes, vacant uniform slots have always been in game and have to my knowledge - though I haven't played all the time - never been adressed or fixed. New purchasable options do get implemented all the time (for one faction at least) though the old issues are never adressed. The same goes for ship interiors. Since they were implemented into the game nothing has changed about them and they have always been broken and are now more bugged than ever.

A complete tailor revamp and faction customization would be a nice thing to have and I'd b actually in favour of MORE restrictions for players - have three distinct costume options for each faction. Starfleet, KDF and RR. If I want to wear a Klingon's uniform I should play a Klingon, not a Romulan. And even if I roleplay my Romulans are "Klingons" now, they aren't. Just as there are no mirror universe captains in this game. We are not playing a sandbox game, this is a very linear and basic MMO which should begin to alter diversity between factions and not make everything uniform instead. Unique costumes, unique ships, unique gameplay - you are, after all, free to play on each side.

OR just lift each and every restriciton, get rid of "factions" alltogether and just treat it as a huge free for all adventure game.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • voxiusvoxius Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10726071&postcount=45

I actually meant to post this here as it's more relevant here but it fits in both threads.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 Support from me. Hell, you could easily devote an entire Season to revamping this and it would be much more worthwhile than bothering to revamp PvP instead.

Plenty of stuff about this bugs me though;

- Starfleet Boffs on a Romulan crew should have access to the Romulan-Federation outfit. Call me picky, but Starfleet outfits don't really gel with the ragtag Romulan outfit style. Ditto for Klinks on a Klink-Rom crew.

- Similarly, all the Starfleet Uniforms are too formal, and the KDF ones are all too raggedy - some raggedy for Starfleet and formal for the KDF would be nice. Not all Klingons are bums, ya'know! I'd like a stovepipe hat for my Gorn but that might be pushing it.

- MACO/HG/Omega Uniforms - Basically, dismantle the Uniform/Off-Duty outfit menu garbage. I hate that I put an absurd amount of work into getting the Omega, MACO and Adapted MACO (and the HG/Adapted HG outfit) only to discover that it's locked behind the barrier of "Not Uniform" so Boff's can't wear customised versions of it. Not too much of an issue with the Feds, but the HG outfit is easily one of the best looking on the KDF side so I see absolutely no reason to TRIBBLE players by locking it out for use by Boffs, after the work that it takes to actually get it.

- ENT MACO Uniforms - We know they exist, we know they're a C-Store item, we don't really care. Just release them already.

- Fleet Uniforms - For the love of God, RELEASE THEM! We know they exist. Yes, they're buggy. But if someone put some work into that instead of more lockbox TRIBBLE then it'd probably wouldn't be buggy. And for god's sake, don't start locking them behind T5 SB's or some new Embassy equivalent, because that's just dumb. Oh, and fix the KDF's Embassy robes already!

- Speaking of the KDF - Fix the Marauding Boff! And the lack of a Marauding Outfit! And surrender those TOS long boots for Orions >:\

Ahem. Rant over.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *sigh* a perennial complaint that's slowly gotten worse. Especially for KDF. But, I'll look at the Romulans also.

Romulans.
    Color palatte is not consistant. As other have been noting the color palatte seem to change depending on the costume option from drab KDF colors, to fed palatte, to apparently the same palette use for hair colors.. *mutter* and you never know form piece to piece which it's going to be.

Uniform glitches.
    The bracer/wrist decoration for Rom/Kdf have a problem. One bracer, on the left side can be colored, but the right arm bracer cannot be changed from its default color.
    Romulan "Off Duty" Uniforms...ok, My opinion differs from the main stream here in that there ARE romulan off duty costume options. The starting costume "romulan refugee" costume pieces work as off duty cloathing. And unlike the Fed off duty options can be mxed and matched with regular uniform options. While not "Formal robes" etc, and I agree that more should be available Romulan players do have a rather excellent uniform selection... it could be worse.. you could be a Klingon!
    Romulan sashes/shoulder demi-tabards. These are seen on RSE and Tal-shiar uniforms, and I can understand from a story point of view why they chose to not do these for Romulan Republic uniforms. But, they are such a part of Romulan, and for that matter the cloathing of their Vulcan cousins that their should be some sort of option available.. I'm suspecting that these will be part of the Vet rewards uniform options coming up and even as a person that going to qualify for these with change to spare that this would be rudely unfair to the player base. Still, this is a much desired bit of flair that the Romulan players would dearly love.
    Tal'Shiar uniform options seem to be missing some pieces and decorative bits...I personally mix them in with other uniform pieces to give the feel of a "war Trophy". I's love to see an options to drape a Tal'Shiar tunic over one shoulder much like the character of Jochim wore a Star Fleet tunic with a marvelous 19th century British Lt Cavalry flair in Wrath of Khan.
    All in all the Romulan uniforms though are pretty danded nice.

Now, Klingons
    *Cue ominous Klingon Opera music with the Basso Profundo extorting the Hero to the path of Honor. Think Wagneraian for you earth centric types*

Klingons specificly did get ONE new hair style. It's a nice hair style..the braids.. now wheres the frizzy big hair for when you take your hair out of those pretty braids??

I started a new KDF toon and found that the "Mercenary belt" is now available for KDF toons and it looks mighty fine. I have no idea if it was a glitch, or was on purpous. Possibly one of the art folk snuck it in under the radar..if that was what happened I wanna buy 'em a pizza of their choice.. possibly with beer. Apparenly if you have earned the basic KHG uniform you can wear the tunic as a uniform piece, but the other uniform parts..boots, trousers, gauntlets, gloves are not available.. I suppose I have to rep chase to get the rest of the pieces..*SNARL!*. I don't have any comments on the KDF Temporal uniform or the Bortas uniform out of the fleet tailor as I have neither. The image at the ships tailor is small,... tiny small,... tiny miniscule small, and it doesn't quite match the mannkin in front of the Qo'nos Tailor.

KDF Uniform/costume option could seriously use some major love. Now, I have all to good of an idea of just how much work goes into making uniform/costumes. The uniforms are a skin, over a skin and needs to be checked for clipping with other uniform options. The more intricate the piece, the more issues there can be. As a KDF player I look at the number of tunic options for the Fed and go a rich dark forest green..which might not be the noticeable on my Orion, but my Klingon character look decidedly unhealthy and unhappy in that shade! While the KDF could use a couple more tunic designs (which indeed would be variations of current ones) whats really needed is more accessory parts
    (Special insert of complaint: DUDES! Romulans got fingerless gloves... WHERE ARE THE KDF FINGERLESS GLOVES DAMMIT! This is like canon too...I want ma fingerless gloves!)
    such as additional Baldrics designs and those lovely sort of things like ohh, say a Dagger on the belt.. All Klingons in the shows and movies carry daggers.. how come we don't?
    Other KDF races, Orions, yea, hey, how about being able to wear boots with the bare leg options.. Better yet, just reflag them as Skirts.. And give us a few more options..go look at Belly Dance costumes guys! Some fuller cut skirt/belt cloths are in order, some additional top options such as a low cut gwazee demi jacket/top (look at Indian fashion)
    Pantaloons, Harem pants both solid and trandlucent. Orions are supposed to be sexy.. have of what makes sexy cloathing sexy is not so much what it reveals, but what it hints at. Orion female fashion is far to simplistic. Makes is difficult to look barbaricly splendid, and NOT look like your part of a uniformly dressed courus line at a Klingon Opera Gala.
    Orions should have additional decorations perhaps hung from the belts showing ranks, awards, affiliation.. yes of course it draws the eyes downward.. THATS THE IDEA.. if your eyes are focused there then your not seeing the hand snaking your wallet1 It's an Orion thing. All the rest of the KDF races could definatly use some more goodies too.

Hopefully some of this will get addressed over the coming months but it is still a fairly small dev team with a very great deal on their plates.

Kuiama del Solima

Editrix for fashion and style, Qu'nos After Dark, First City edition.

This trasmission ends now.

Addendum. Didn't even touch on Bridge officer uniform uptions...
    Correction to someone else post.. There are Klingon TOS uniforms.. but their Male only. Definatly needs to be revisited by the devs as soething left incomplete from launch.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Open up bridge officer options. Please? *Puppy dog eyes* :(
  • soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A consistent color wheel would be great, as would be opening up all of a Romulan's chosen faction's outfits. For example, a Federation ally Rom would get the full set of gear that a Federation officer can wear, at least as a stopgap until they release more DLC packs for outfits.

Also, purely speculating here, but most likely the reason the other factions have so little DLC available is because...
    THE WHOLE SERIES HAS FOCUSED ON FEDERATION SHIPS/CREWS!
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Season 9 should just consist of Cryptic going though this thread and implementing all of the changes.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just something I came across that I wanted share with people in this thread. Something that i'm sure we can all get behind - customisable Honor Guard Outfits, that also (sort of) work for Boffs! Not sure if it's already been toted, but this is the first i've seen of it.

Image 1 - Basic - notice the top is listed under "Bare Chest".
    Image 2 - With the addition of a few regular pieces
    Image 3 - Orion Boff
    Image 4 - Full Outfit
    Image 5 - Boffs in the outfit

These images were snapped direct from Holodeck, on my Trill KDF character. I threw in the shot of my Orion boff too. Strangely, it doesn't work for all of my boffs. Some have the option, some don't. A quick jaunt over to my KDF Klingon revealed a similar issue, with some boffs having access to it and some not.

I have to say, despite the lack of the rest of the outfit, this is a great start and it gels really well with the Bortasqu outfit and the LTS Shoulder Pads.

Come on Cryptic. This is the sort of thing we want!

EDIT: Sadly, further research has revealed some flaws. Since my KDF Klingon does not have the Bortasqu' outfit, he has to make do with the standard pants - something which, on the boffs, leaves a transparent gap right through the Boff's midriff. It doesn't show up with the Bortasqu pants, and can be covered up by the KDF Academy Belt. There are also clipping issues, mainly with belts and the KDF armour.

Additionally, this has only so far been made available to female characters. All my female KDF boffs have access to the top, but none of the males. I can only assume that because my KDF Trill got the HG Outfit Type 1 last night, presumably, it was unlocked somewhere it wasn't supposed to be.

But that said, it's proof that you don't need the "Uniform/Off-Duty/MACO-HG" tab to have the HG outfits in customisation. And it's proof you could implement it for Boffs to use.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • andyxvers2andyxvers2 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Where to even Begin?

I'm playing a Male Alien, Romulan allied with KDF, the following is mostly about Captain and Bridge officer Costume options, not ship costumes
    ...and there is where the problems start.

Romulan 22nd century Pants has only 1 color swatch, changing this color does not change the color on the pants. you know what does change the color on the pants? selecting the pants listed as Panels and Pockets, then changing the pocket color, and switching back to the Romulan 22nd century pants.

The Rom 22nd shirt,works as intended

Romulan Tal Shiar outfit (again for alien Male) DOES NOT have the super cool Tal Shiar Belt like the romulan spies on khitomer were wearing. this is Sad because this would complete an outfit i was designing.

Romulan Tal Shiar outfit did not include Hakeev chest/shoulder pads triangle piece, nor did it include hakeev style bracers or boots. Maybe this would make for a good C-store buy later on?

Nemesis costume is not accessible on the Republic Alien characters. while NOT A BUG this prevents players from making their own Shinzon captain.

Many costume options have extra color swatches that DO NOTHING.
    Romulan Commander rank Dual shoulder pads is a good example of this. (upon looking at this only the "rear admiral upper half" shoulders look like they color the way they were supposed to.)
    Tal Shiar chest belts are another good example of this, first 2 swatches do nothing that i could tell.

Romulan subcommander dual shoulder pads should have the option for a None" regarding cape/drapery.

Yesterday's Enterprise Chest gear, clips into the outfit model of many of the Romulan bodys upnear the shoulders and upper chest. this is especially bad on outfits Romulan Klingon 1, 2, and Romulan Republic 1 and 2

Now for the more complicated Bugs, least complicated for me to describe, plz let me know if you have trouble following.

Liberated Borg Reman Boff: despite being Allied with the KDF, Basic Romulan/Federation uniform templates appear for this Boff. clicking them does nothing, in fact this character has no Allied Costume options at all. Selecting Borg Legs in the pants area, gives another option "Materials" below for "basic bare skin" or "borg hips" while i'm infavor of more scantily clad Liberated Borg around, why is this NOT currently an option for female Liberated Borg? and why does selecting the Borg "shirt" in upper not have the same options? and DON"T get me started on the Borg bare feet options. this post is going to be long enough as it is.

Undershirt: Romulan Klingon 2.
    Great for Plot line Boffs and captain, not so great for anyone else i pick up along the way. For Plot line Boffs the undershirt's 2 color swatches are independent and not linked to any other color swatch in the uniform section of the tailor. this is a GOOD thing.
    However on non plot line Boffs, the colors are linked to other color swatches elsewhere in the tailor. changing one color here throws off your entire planned outfit. changing collar color changes Pants to that color or something.

Upper: Romulan Klingon 1
    Again works GREAT for Romulan plotline Boffs. not so much for any other Boff gained along the way. Mostly due to color Swatches being linked to other swatches in the tailor.

Lower: Romulan Klingon 1 and 2 found to have color swatches linked to others the tailor.

When selecting some Boots, some have an extremely limited color selection,
    Feet: Reman Neutral, Romulan Republic 1 and 2 all suffer from this problem.
    Feet: Reman Nemesis, has 1 null/unused color swatch
    Feet: Reman Klingon, has missing textures i'm seeing half a reman boot split down the middle, and the other half is a texture from Feet Romulan klingon 1

Some of the Boots did not have their base Color pallet changed for the new affiliation's new color pallet. makes it kinda hard when your Romulan is going off a Purple and pink color build and the boots you want to use are still attached to the base Federation/klingon color pallet.

While i'm looking at Veril, (my only Reman Boff) because i didn't think they would be so rare that i passed up the 1 other Reman Boff sent my way through leveling up.

Undershirt Romulan klingon2 and Reman klingon, both have EXTREMELY linked color swatches to other uniform peices. this is annoying and stifles creativity, let alone fashion sense LOL.

On Veril i am using Head type "reman 03"
    I'm disappointed that the Reman skin tones i can choose from do NOT match the non customizable Obisek Reman mission Reward Boff. i would greatly like to change her skin tone to something roughly that color of ash. Head type Reman 03 has access to the "overall pattern" head/face customization um drop table. i was disappointed to find out that while

Head type Reman 02 and 01 do have this, they do not have the same Larger Range of customizations available to them. i find the "kobali" pattern Looks GREAT on her.

Head type Reman 02 looks like a "half Reman" to me and has the option for eyebrows. however it only has the 1 eyebrow option. Several Romulan standard eyebrows would be nice.

The New Narrow Eyes option is GREAT, but i would also like to see the Super huge eyes that the Reman Lortrix had in the plot line mission ("price of neutrality"?)

On my Captain, selecting Wrist attach left and right, selecting both to be Romulan Republic 1, Writst attach right used the basic uniform color pallet from the fed/KDF sides. where wrist attach Left uses the new limiting republic pallet including variants on 4 colors green, tan, black, and yellow-ish tan.
    same problem persists for Wrist attach Romulan Republic 2, same hands.

and last i looked, i STILL could not make a female Deferi Boff, due to female aliens not having access to the Kretassian head "horns"

apparently Liberated Borg Romulan Male, "player character" (I don't have enough Lobi yet for the Boff)
    Feet: Leather Boots, and other 'standard' boots do not have color options. they have the "swatches" to select the colors you want. but no color pallet attached to them.
  • andyxvers2andyxvers2 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i'm sure someone here already posted it but I too would LOVE to see (even if i have to pay extra for it) unlimited Alien Character Creator options. KDF alien with Male Orion's shoulders and a Nausicaan armor, with a Blue Gorn head, and a benzite breather attachment. why not?
    edited June 2013
    I put together some nice uniforms for my Rom/Fed crew the other day, and figured I'd do something similar with my Rom/KDFs...

Ah, but no..

On the Rom/Fed side, I was able to dress my Reman/Borg in a faction allied jacket, and faction allied bracers. ...KDF side, he couldn't wear the KDF allied bracers for some reason that modern science has yet to figure out.

This is precisely what I'm talking about. The costume system has no balance what so ever. There needs to be an equalization.

If Rom/KDFs can wear 5 of the KDF outfits, Rom/Feds should be able to wear 5 of the Fed out fits. If Rom/KDFs can wear belt A with pants B, Rom/Feds should be able to wear belt A with pants B.
    If Feds get five jackets, KDF should get five jackets.
    I can understand some of the limitations. I understand the need for there to be some distinction between factions. ...But those limitations need to be equal, well reasoned, and sensible.
    Currently, the costuming rules make as much sense as the fever dreams of Hunter Thompson.
  • vaudeville03vaudeville03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One small, easy bandaid for the KDF would be to remove the racial restrictions on their clothing. Let Klingons wear Nausicaan stuff and so on.

The mercenary z-store outfit. It works on Klingons. Unlock it for KDF. Please.

And some KDF footwear and shoulder gear that doesn't look like something from the back of Gene Simmons' closet would be nice...
  • cindylawsoncindylawson Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    Well it seems the sad fact is costumes are not even on the list of "things we could do but can't be bothered", i fully support everything on this thread! How many years have players seen npc's with unique costume options, i mean there's a command line that unlocks all possible options and combinations for boffs.... its there! Come unleash true customization let us create and have fun!!

Not only is there a command line that unlocks all possible options and combinations, I one time got it working for my main thanks to a glitch. Couldn't save the creations, sadly.

http://geekparty.com/legacy-of-romulus-more-like-legacy-of-outfitus/

I took screenshots and wrote an article about it, though. And I will keep beating the costuming drum until something occurs to make me stop beating it! :P
    http://geekparty.com/an-open-letter-to-cryptic-studios/ My latest STO article, about the Summer Event. Where I admit that really...it's mostly about the outfits.
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Male KHG schoulders. Fixe them, please! Pretty, pretty, pretty please? With sugar on top?

The fur is too close to the neck which causes ugly clipping on almost all stances where your head submerges in fur.
    Move the fur to the center of the shoulderpad where the joints for the cape are. That's where it is for female toons already.

I'd also love to have a helmet option back for the KDF tailor. It's been missing since release of season 7.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will keep beating the costuming drum until something occurs to make me stop beating it! :P

Good call. I think this is a good thread to keep toward the top of this message board.
  • cindylawsoncindylawson Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    azniadeet wrote: »
    Good call. I think this is a good thread to keep toward the top of this message board.

It upsets me greatly, because...well...

I hate MMOs. I hate MMO gameplay. I find it tedious and boring, like a treadmill that makes me fatter. I play this game for precisely two reasons.

Reason one is because it lets me fly around in the Defiant and roundhouse kick Borg in the head (re: I'm a huge ****ing Trek geek).

Reason two is that I love RP, and part of my love of RP is a love of creating costumes that are character appropriate (I.E., the sort of clothing my character would wear). It's an important thing for me. Even when I'm playing story missions, I can run around in whatever outfit, and in my head, I'm telling the story of how my character got caught unawares and had to totally be awesome. Or whatever. Hell, I paid for a lifetime subscription based on nothing more than my love of the costuming and RP potential of this game.

My one and only "**** this, I'm never playing again" moment came after being forced to do all that grinding for the Omega outfit...only to discover the outfit was segregated and I couldn't mix and match. Now, I'd paid for a LTS, so obviously I wasn't going to not play anymore. But I didn't log into the game for over a week, because it was that much of a blow. I still barely put in the same amount of hours. I just don't like the gameplay very much.

Now, it would be easy to dismiss what I'm saying by going "Eh, if you don't like MMOs, maybe you shouldn't have spent three hundred bucks on one". But that would be missing the point, which is that the strength of the Star Trek IP is such that people who hate MMOs will pay this company money in order to play it.

So maybe do some upkeep on the parts of the game that keep those people giving you money? Perhaps?

ETA: As a side note, not only did I pay money to the game, I write for a geek journalism website. Go look at how many of my articles are about STO. Again, based on nothing more than my love of the IP and my enjoyment of the RP potential and Cryptic's treatment of the setting.

I'm not going to pretend Geekparty brings in enough readers for me to start waving my little Gorn around and demand attention. But, well, geek journalist. Writing about the game. And saying good things about it, for the most part.

Even though I hate MMO gameplay.
    http://geekparty.com/an-open-letter-to-cryptic-studios/ My latest STO article, about the Summer Event. Where I admit that really...it's mostly about the outfits.