test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is your beef with the Galaxy Cryptic?

Comments

• Options
    polaronbeam1polaronbeam1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This person appears to be a rather objectionable troll just jumping in here to insult, deride and annoy. Had he couched his words in a more understanding and constructive way we perhaps as a group could have listened to what he had to say; however it is clear that he has found one of the largest on-going threads in the forums and has seen an opportunity to carry out a mass trolling.

I would suggest we all ignore any future comments he makes as they will do nothing to progress the issue we are attempting to address.

Don't feed the troll.

What's funny is that you guys clearly can't refute the business model argument that I put forth. Typical.

However, if you guys don't want ANY opposing viewpoints on this thread, why not have the COURAGE to just come out and say that AND rename the thread to reflect you "no opposing viewpoints are allowed" philosophy? Although it would ruin your obvious ILLUSION of actually having a real discussion about this topic and thus exposing it for what it at times appears to be, it would apparently make things a LOT easier for you Galaxy fanboys to instead continue to indulge in your "self affirmation" with each other.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Polaron you do realise, I hope, that you constant digs at people make your posts irrelevant. They could contain some very valid points, however the moment you have to throw an insult they are just skipped over. As one of my teachers used to say when we were set arguments, in the accademic sense, assignments in class: The moment you throw an insult while trying to make a point means you have lost the argument.
  • Options
    neo1nxneo1nx Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    please guys dont be so hard with polaronbeam :rolleyes:
    i found him very entertaining, he reminded me of a player in kerrat that use to insult an harras anyone to a point where almost everyone blacklisted him.
    someone thaught he was trying to get an accolade like " you have been blacklisted by 1000 player" :D.

he is acting exactly like him, you just have to push it a tiny bit and he enter in rage ramble wall of text.... wait!....no, it can't be!:eek:

MIKEY!!!! is that you!!
    get out of that account!!!:D
  • Options
    mid403mid403 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dear OP,

This is why we can't have nice things.

-Mom
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    decronia wrote: »
    Polaron you do realise, I hope, that you constant digs at people make your posts irrelevant. They could contain some very valid points, however the moment you have to throw an insult they are just skipped over. As one of my teachers used to say when we were set arguments, in the accademic sense, assignments in class: The moment you throw an insult while trying to make a point means you have lost the argument.

Oh really? Then I would suggest that you review the past 130+ pages of this thread. The hypocrisy from the Galaxy fanboys is staggering. The Galaxy lovers employ sarcasm to ANYONE with an opposing view, but THEN cry "foul" when that same sarcasm is used back at them. They are insulting and derisive, but cry "foul" when those same tactics are used back against them. They call fans of the other ships "fanboys", but cry "foul" when that same term is used against them.

So, if there is a "standard" on this thread, it HAS to apply to ALL, and not just to the those that have opposing viewpoints. But RARELY do we see ANY of the Galaxy lovers calling EACH OTHER out when they "cross the line". Instead, the reserve that for people who have opposing viewpoints regarding the Galaxy.

Ladies and Gentlemen, if you can "dish it out", then be Man/Woman enough to "take it". If you can't "take it", then don't "dish it out". It's as simple as that.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    neo1nx wrote: »
    please guys dont be so hard with polaronbeam :rolleyes:
    i found him very entertaining, he reminded me of a player in kerrat that use to insult an harras anyone to a point where almost everyone blacklisted him.
    someone thaught he was trying to get an accolade like " you have been blacklisted by 1000 player" :D.

he is acting exactly like him, you just have to push it a tiny bit and he enter in rage ramble wall of text.... wait!....no, it can't be!:eek:

MIKEY!!!! is that you!!
    get out of that account!!!:D

So, are ANY of you Galaxy lover going to address the sarcasm and the snark in this comment? Probably not since those "standards" are ONLY applicable to those with opposing viewpoints.

And you REALLY wonder why your hypocrisy on this thread is being called out? I'm curious. Exactly what are/should the conversational "standards" be?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    skollulfr wrote: »
    you are the one that came in here and has offered nothing but snide remarks and strawmen at the people in this thread rather than discussion of the the game mechanics at hand

you arent putting forward any model of anything, let alone a business model:rolleyes:

Hmmm. And yet, your Galaxy is STILL in the bottom level of ships. Sounds like it doesn't have a business model either.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The funny thing is that if you Galaxy fanboys actually spent as much time writing to CBS DIRECTLY about your displeasure as you do whining, sobbing and insulting others who haven't agreed with you for THREE years, then MAYBE you would have a chance at them ACTUALLY listening to your concerns.

i am just to leazy to do that, but i actually would be very interested to known what cbs think about this.
    do they care?
    did they express their concern about a way a ship is portraye in sto?
    are some of them play the game? do they enjoy it?

cryptic are lucky, they known all the answers

i think that a very good question to ask to the next ask cryptic.
    something like do some guy at cbs play the game and if they do what do they like or dislike?

something like that but i let you guy handle it i alway miss the ask cryptic session
  • Options
    sterlingwarbirdsterlingwarbird Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmmm. And yet, your Galaxy is STILL in the bottom level of ships. Sounds like it doesn't have a business model either.

Yes, while ships that are not even canon like the Vesta are free to infest this game. The sheer problem is that the Galaxy does not work with its current slot configuration and needs a makeover to showcase the adaptability of the class.

Its all alright when Cryptic releases vessels like the Vesta and Odyssey which nobody really gives a TRIBBLE about. But what is worse is that Cryptic try to shoehorn players into the Odyssey by making the Galaxy somewhat unusable in combat.

Surely people should be able to fly any ship that they want at a reasonable standard. This is why I never understood why you could not design your own ship with some limitations. Surely that would make everyone happy?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    neo1nx wrote: »
    i am just to leazy to do that, but i actually would be very interested to known what cbs think about this.
    do they care?
    did they express their concern about a way a ship is portraye in sto?
    are some of them play the game? do they enjoy it?

cryptic are lucky, they known all the answers

i think that a very good question to ask to the next ask cryptic.
    something like do some guy at cbs play the game and if they do what do they like or dislike?

something like that but i let you guy handle it i alway miss the ask cryptic session

Fair enough. What I've been trying to suggest to people on this thread is that no matter how many passages from the "Tech Manual" that they quote, these ship selections are going to be driven by ECONOMICS. Although it appears that many people don't want to hear this, it's true.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    the galaxy is represented at fleet level.
    that has nothing to do with a business model.
    my feds primary is a prometheus.
    i could give a sh*t about the galaxy taken on its own.
    my issue is with the made up 'classes' that only exist to furnish a broken obsoletised rpg trinity class system.

so all you have done is make bogus insinuations about me,
    ignored that said ship is under par,
    made snide remarks at me and other in the thread
    and showd your ignorance through yoru inability to distinguish a 'business model', from a 'game model'.
    then you top it off by crying foul when you get half of it back?
    i dont think so.

afaik, the only comment cbs made was aimed at the constitution, and not having it as a t5 option.
    though why a modernised fan designed vessel isnt put in in its place?

which makes no sense whatsoever seeing as the fleet galaxy requires SOMEBODY to have bought modules for that anyway.

Yet again, more insults from the very people that cry "foul" when you insult them back. I see that NO ONE will touch that questions that I posed regarding what the conversational "standard" are in this thread. If the "standard" is that you Galaxy fanboys can insult those people that have opposing viewpoints without repercussions, that's NOT happening. So, you better come up with another "plan".
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    now you contradict yourself.
    pure economics would be supply & demand.

according to you there i an army of people saying "make this good then take our money for it" to which cryptic are saying "no", for economics.

do you now see how daft you are being with that attempt at an economic argument?

that means you just made another of your snide insinuations that apply more to you than those you direct it at.

so, ipoint out i dont use or specifically care about the galaxy, and to you that makes me a "galaxy fanboy".

i suppose you dont see how vapid that is?
    im not insulting you for your 'viewpoint on the discussion', im insulting you for having no point! and when you do have one, its internally conflicting.
    and for having unwittingly hoist yourself by your own petard several times.

No calling me ignorant is an insult, and at least have the courage to admit that. If it's not, then I should be able to call you ignorant as well without any problems, right? Grow up.

And if STO is NOT about ECONOMICS, then what IS it about?

And again, the bottom line is that your useless arguments and insults haven't changed ANYTHING. At the end of the day, the Galaxy STILL sucks. What do you have to show for your snarkyness with regards to improvements for the Galaxy? Nothing. So go put your sobbing and whining energies to something else, or at LEAST be adult enough to accept the consequences of your crappy actions and decisions.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    now you contradict yourself.
    pure economics would be supply & demand.

according to you there i an army of people saying "make this good then take our money for it" to which cryptic are saying "no", for economics.

do you now see how daft you are being with that attempt at an economic argument?

that means you just made another of your snide insinuations that apply more to you than those you direct it at.

so, ipoint out i dont use or specifically care about the galaxy, and to you that makes me a "galaxy fanboy".

i suppose you dont see how vapid that is?
    im not insulting you for your 'viewpoint on the discussion', im insulting you for having no point! and when you do have one, its internally conflicting.
    and for having unwittingly hoist yourself by your own petard several times.

You know, the LAST time you guys came with all of these insults and bad behavior, the moderator threaten to shut this thread down. Is that the road that you guys REALLY want to go down? If it is, then DON'T complain if that consequence occurs.
  • Options
    sterlingwarbirdsterlingwarbird Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guys guys, I keep telling you not to feed the troll.

Every time you argue with him he has achieved his desired goal, he wants you to disagree with him, he has no interest in the ship itself, his only interest is in you and your response.

Ignore him and get back to discussing the Galaxy.

Just off topic slightly, its nice to see some of the bigger fleets support the notion of a better galaxy. So thank you :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Every time you argue with him he has achieved his desired goal, he wants you to disagree with him, he has no interest in the ship itself, his only interest is in you and your response.

that what i suggested when he first come up in this thread, but now i don't want that.
    it is obvious that he is not a big fan of the galaxy:P and since he give much energy trying to ( i think ) discredit us, i have found him to be very valuable in many aspect.

the first, he make me laft, really, and don't take that as an insult!

furthemore, and that is more important, no matter what i bielieve or what you guy bielieve, as a "non galaxy fanboy" and even as a suppose troll that desire to shut the thread, his opinion could be quite refreshing indeed.

since it appear that you are agree with us that the galaxy suck
    At the end of the day, the Galaxy STILL sucks

let said, i am Q, and i give you total control over sto development.
    what would be your solution as a non biased " galaxy fanboy" to not make the galaxy suck?

don't worry this is not a trick question to then mocking any solution you can give us.
    and even if you have the intention to troll the response i am still interested in whatever you will respond.
    you have demonstrate that you can give much energy to defend your point of view ( and even if the intervention you made so far really look like some troll intervention it daes not shadow the will behind it )
    so i am very curious to see the result in this energy being use at a creative solution rather than what i have seen until now.

care to try?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    yes, however, it is in your case accurate.
    the galaxy, is not sub-par due to 'economics', i already explained why that idea is daft, its due to the 'game model'.
    yes, i am calling you out on your behaviour since you joined this thread.

i have no need to do any of that, my prometheus is rather nothing like a galaxy, you troll.
    i am however, able to see where a game dynamic is lacking, and leaves one groups of players disadvanteged for no good reason other than a flawed set of stats, which is the case that the galaxy embodies and given comparisons to the new dex's with 2 cmdr slots, it is entirely obvious that the games mechanics are not dealing with new content.

old content is not being updated/balanced for new content when its released.
    this is not an economic issue, its a development issue to do with balancing ingame items/powers/units.

im guessing that would be your actual motivation tbh.

Your bizzare arguments have gotten you ,where exactly? Oh that's right, it has gotten you a weak ship that you Galaxy fanboys have been sobbing in your milk about for the last THREE years. There's no point for me to go back and forth on certain points when the RESULTS are quite clear: the Galaxy is a substandard "warship" ship that even CBS has given up on.

The very fact that Cryptic has to STILL negotiate with CBS after THREE years regarding obtaining CBS's permission to increase the Galaxy's lackluster performance is quite telling. And the "story" that it tells is NOT good news for you Galaxy fanboys. It appears that the execs at CBS also saw "Tin Man", "Rascals", "Darmok", etc., and decided that the ship was good for cateloging gaseous anomolies, but as far as it being a VIABLE warship, forget it.

So why don't you Galaxy fanboys send CBS copies of the "Tech Manual" that you so religiously adhere to (when it's conveient, of course), and try to make your "case" that way? Good luck.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

You know what? If my intention was to shut down this thread, it would be a piece of cake to do since you Galaxy fanboys are such emotional "wildcards" when it comes to desenting viewpoints. I actually think that it's IMPOSSIBLE for you guys NOT to engage in the disrepctful manner that you do when there are discenting viewpoints.

So I can GUARANTEE you that they won't listen to you, and are MORE than willing to get this thead shut down so that they can have the "last disrespectful word". As I said before, you Galaxy fanboys are your worst enemies, and I'm sure that this will be proven true regarding the "future" (or lack thereof) of this thread.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tldr and compartmentalised dross right back at you.

answer neo's question.

Well, since you guyts haven't answers MY questions, I don't think so. Next?

You guys are SO predictable (and funny).:D
  • Options
    jjumetleyjjumetley Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Exactly!

...and please stop quoting him. I blacklisted him but I still get his post through quotes ;)
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A lot of hate in this thread based on the misguided view that the people who want the ship "fixed" want it to be the end all of cruisers. I know that I personally am not of that view, and I like to believe most others are not either. We'd just like the ship to be competitive. In my opinion based on age the Galaxy should most likely be one of the top three fed cruisers. The Odyssey and Sovereign being newer should be better, but the Galaxy should be superior to both the Ambassador and Excelsior (and this coming from someone who flies the Excelsior as her main). For the record the Galaxy is not my favorite ship. With that said I think it's a little silly that ships that predate the Galaxy are superior. At one point the Enterprise was the flagship of the Federation fleet. You don't make a weak ship that is outperformed by older ships the flagship and you don't replace an existing model with one that is inferior. That makes no sense. I'm not sure what else to say at this point. Obviously those that think the ship is fine as is will not be convinced that this isn't the case, logical arguments have been made and apparently ignored so there's not much else to say. I will just wish the Galaxy lovers luck and hope that someday the devs do something to make the ship better. Peace out! :)
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    jjumetleyjjumetley Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @nikephorus
    Your post pretty much sums things up
This discussion has been closed.