test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vote Of No Confidence

equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
Having played quite a few Perfect World games, I can say one thing for them, they may be cash cow money grabbers, but they know how to keep things running smoothly.

Cryptic unfortunately has shown a complete lack of professionalism, mail still cannot be deleted, STF' and other que's are still kicking you out after five seconds.

I could go on forever, but suffice to say most of the problems now being reported where told to cryptic during open and closed beta.

If Cryptic are unwilling or unable to continue running this game and provide a service people are paying for (stipend still missing) I really don't think they deserve to remain running this franchise.

For instance the 'work around' currently offered to delete mail is to download another cryptic game and do it from there. If I find TRIBBLE in my McDonalds burger, I dont expect to be told to go to another branch to have it sorted out.

I really am very disappointed at the lack of service being provided, and although the game is available FTP, many people do still pay a subscription and its simply not acceptable.

Perfect world is a huge company with huge resources, I am surprised they allow such shoddy service, if only because its losing them money (four silver players I know have left, and have no intention of comming back, not because of server problems which are expected, but because of the ongoing bugs) I think its time for Cryptic to shape up or ship out.

In this competitive MMO world, there simply is no room for this level of poor service.
Post edited by equinox976 on

Comments

• Options
    starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Bug X isn't fixed according to my personal timeline of what's 'acceptable'! I'm leaving!"

See ya. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

And nothing of value was lost.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    starsvoid wrote: »
    "Bug X isn't fixed according to my personal timeline of what's 'acceptable'! I'm leaving!"

See ya. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Thank you for your valuable input.

P.S: I have been playing since the game launched, it has Nothing, NOTHING to do with fixing X bug in X time scale, but thank you for the attempted troll.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    equinox976 wrote: »
    it has Nothing, NOTHING to do with fixing X bug in X time scale, but thank you for the attempted troll.

Then you have inadequately explained your 'flounce' post. If you are NOT leaving due to X bug being fixed fast enough to satisfy you - since that's all you bring up - why are you flouncing?
  • Options
    flaminggnatsflaminggnats Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013

P.S: I have been playing since the game launched, it has Nothing, NOTHING to do with fixing X bug in X time scale, but thank you for the attempted troll.

Their response was childish, but so was your OP. **** happens, and to make a thread crying about how you think you have a say in whether or not a company deserves to run the game you play is absurd.

Learn to live with it. People in the world have it way worse than you with your first world problems. Grow up.
    Have a foundry quest you want tested? Let me know on the forums or in-game. Username is @verranicus1.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Their response was childish, but so was your OP. **** happens, and to make a thread crying about how you think you have a say in whether or not a company deserves to run the game you play is absurd.

Learn to live with it. People in the world have it way worse than you with your first world problems. Grow up.

Its a 'first world' problem yes. But I deal with things as they come along.

For instance, I give to charity. I campaign about certain injustices, and donate to them to.

I volunteer where I can.

And when I am not happy about a service I am paying for, I complain about it.

I am an active subscriber, and I would assume I have the right to complained I i am not happy. If they would prefer me as a non-subscriber, thats fair enough it will happen of its own accord soon enough.

As to me deciding if they are allowed to run the game or not, I didnt say that was for me to decide, the opening title was 'Vote of no confidence'

I do not assume I have any more say in the matter than any other player, including yourself.

To quote voyager's DR:

I'll complain if I want to... I find it comforting!
  • Options
    threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited June 2013
    he has a right to an opinion as much as you do. who are you to tell him he cant have his opinion?

And for the record, I agree with the OP 100%.
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately, Starvoid is correct, and you post will be viewed in that light. Threats are counter productive, and do nothing to inspire someone to work with you, or for you.

As to your issues:

Given other issues in the game, the mail thing (while annoying since I do a lot of selling on the exchange) is not something to get overly heated about.

The Queue issue (as far as I can tell) occurs most often when transferring from social maps (ESD, New Romulas, etc etc), and much less often when transferring from sector space. Not a perfect answer, but possibly a little help.

I am neither excusing, nor making excuses for, Cryptic. However, not knowing what else they are working on, one can not make judgement calls on what takes priority since you are only working with a limited amount of information. Given the server stability issues recently... both of the issues you mentioned (to me) would take a lower priority.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,409 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    he has a right to an opinion as much as you do. who are you to tell him he cant have his opinion?
    Well, it's my opinion that nobody else is allowed to have an opinion. Who are you to tell me I can't have my opinion? (Really, that's a ridiculous argument.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Then you have inadequately explained your 'flounce' post. If you are NOT leaving due to X bug being fixed fast enough to satisfy you - since that's all you bring up - why are you flouncing?

Flounce? is that to say they fix it or I will leave?

You misunderstand me. I have said people I know have left because of the way things are going.

My own stance is that I would like somebody else to take over if Cryptic cannot provide the level of service that I feel is acceptable.

Is what I feel acceptable what everyone else feels acceptable? No!

And that is the whole point of the title of this thread, vote of no confidence.

I am not speaking for anyone else, only for myself. I dont put words in anyone mouths, this is simply my opinion, its not a a 'flounce'. If i am understanding you correctly.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately, Starvoid is correct, and you post will be viewed in that light. Threats are counter productive, .

Again this is a misunderstanding.

Perhaps because I come from a business background. I am not (and cannot) threaten cryptic or anyone else.

A vote of no confidence is a suggestion that if the person/people in charge cannot provide the expected service, that the collective (or people in charge) should remove them and put another person/people in place.

That is not to say that I feel I am the person to make this decision. Thus the title.
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013

This.

Cryptic is doing juuuuuuuust fine.

Bugs are to be expected after such a huge release, additionally, Cryptic is working to fix these bugs.

Great release, keep up the good work Cryptic, I MUCH prefer devs that communicate with us over Korean devs that are but a myth you won't ever be able to speak directly to like with every generic Korean MMO.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you've been playing this game since launch as you say, then you should know exactly how this goes. Season is released and all the cockroaches come out to play. A week or two goes by and Cryptic starts it's Bug squashing party (they should start giving out party poppers with giant fly swatters that come out when you use it) and they kill as many as they can before the few smart ones hide away until they get brave enough to come out and annoy us all.

It's an MMO, persistent Beta until the dreaded day it goes into maintenance mode, none of this is anything new if you play mmos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited June 2013
    Again this is a misunderstanding.

Perhaps because I come from a business background. I am not (and cannot) threaten cryptic or anyone else.

A vote of no confidence is a suggestion that if the person/people in charge cannot provide the expected service, that the collective (or people in charge) should remove them and put another person/people in place.

That is not to say that I feel I am the person to make this decision. Thus the title.

im forced to wonder exactly what kind of power CBS really holds over cryptic... I mean we've never seen any kind of official endorsement in this game from CBS other than the copyright logo. I wonder if a letter writing campaign to CBS wouldn't do us any good?
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This.

Cryptic is doing juuuuuuuust fine.

Bugs are to be expected after such a huge release, additionally, Cryptic is working to fix these bugs.

Great release, keep up the good work Cryptic, I MUCH prefer devs that communicate with us over Korean devs that are but a myth you won't ever be able to speak directly to like with every generic Korean MMO.

How long are people going to keep repeating this over and over? We're going on nearly two weeks with hardly any of the major bugs fixed aside from the ones that outright made it impossible to play, and with barely any acknowledgement outside of that they may or may not be looking into it. At what point do you finally admit that they could really be doing a better job of it?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    If you've been playing this game since launch as you say, then you should know exactly how this goes.

Yes I know how it 'goes' with cryptic, in my experience with other MMO's (even other perfect world MMO's) this is not how it 'goes.

Yes its what is expected from cryptic, but its not the kind of service I find acceptable, thus the original post.

Given the misunderstandings I've had thus far with the thread, it seems I did not express myself astutely enough so I stop it here. That is not to say anyone else is at fault, but myself :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    darthwoo wrote: »
    How long are people going to keep repeating this over and over? We're going on nearly two weeks with hardly any of the major bugs fixed aside from the ones that outright made it impossible to play, and with barely any acknowledgement outside of that they may or may not be looking into it. At what point do you finally admit that they could really be doing a better job of it?

How silly of Cryptic to focus on those first! Oh, my. They should've fixed the mail bug before actually letting people play! Those silly, goofy guys!

But, still waiting for OP to detail what he believes is an unacceptable "level of service", after explicitly stating it was NOT about bugs being fixed fast enough to satisfy him.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    , still waiting for OP to detail what he believes is an unacceptable "level of service", after explicitly stating it was NOT about bugs being fixed fast enough to satisfy him.

Although I am leaving the thread as I stated, I wanted to address this.

The level of service I find acceptable is strictly personal.

For instance I pay for a gold level service which involves a stipend each month, for the past 3 months this stipend has not been provided on time (two weeks late currently, its been later in previous months)

This is something I actively pay for, and if it was a satellite/cable service being consitantly late 3 months on the trot, I would not find this acceptable.

I hope this clears up the bug/service/acceptable thing.

Cheers.
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How silly of Cryptic to focus on those first! Oh, my. They should've fixed the mail bug before actually letting people play! Those silly, goofy guys!

But, still waiting for OP to detail what he believes is an unacceptable "level of service", after explicitly stating it was NOT about bugs being fixed fast enough to satisfy him.

Thanks for that straw man. I never said they shouldn't have dealt with the game-breaking bugs first, but they have had over a week since they seemingly dealt with those, and meanwhile all the rest have remained rather untouched. Besides the mail bugs, we have the PvE queues, the allegedly malfunctioning gold farmer spam filter that's auto-perm-banning players for innocuous phrases but which is "working as intended," and numerous others. All the while it seemed as though they had their hands full just keeping the server stable, requiring nearly daily downtimes for the first week and a half. When does it just seem a bit absurd? Amusingly enough, I post this as we are in the midst of yet another unscheduled outage.
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To counter point my comment regarding not knowing the other issues on Cryptics priority list, the server has gone down.

Mail and some warp outs, while annoying, are not their top priority... and rightfully so.

Game availability vs. minor annoyances... I pick availability.

Edit: Personally, I would implement a code release freeze until the server stability issue has been put to rest, for at least a week). Unless, of course, it is determined that a particular piece of code is causing the stability issue.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    puddlestomppuddlestomp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I still have full confidence, even though the server is down as I type. In the roughly year I've been playing this I've seen a lot of development and changes. Sometimes that brings along issues with it, but the important thing is that content keeps coming and the mechanics are continually being adapted for a better experience. I am pleased.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    I wish the people that keep threatening to leave to do just that... Leave. Less load on the servers, more playtime for me.

STO could be down for an entire week, it wouldn't change my feelings about this game. It's too awesome.

Except nobody threatend to leave.
  • Options
    wendigo21wendigo21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Flounce? is that to say they fix it or I will leave?

You misunderstand me. I have said people I know have left because of the way things are going.

My own stance is that I would like somebody else to take over if Cryptic cannot provide the level of service that I feel is acceptable.

Is what I feel acceptable what everyone else feels acceptable? No!

And that is the whole point of the title of this thread, vote of no confidence.

I am not speaking for anyone else, only for myself. I dont put words in anyone mouths, this is simply my opinion, its not a a 'flounce'. If i am understanding you correctly.

Every bit of press that Cryptic has released in regards to Legacy of Romulus has included the bugs and server instability ad infinitum. I can appreciate the opinions you have on the game, but what you're proposing is simply not going to happen. They're not going to pass the franchise onto another studio and that probably, at its core, is simply because they've paid for the Star Trek license.

STO is technically a free to play game. If you're unhappy with the state of it, stop giving them your money until they've produced a product that you're comfortable paying for.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    wendigo21 wrote: »
    Every bit of press that Cryptic has released in regards to Legacy of Romulus has included the bugs and server instability ad infinitum. I can appreciate the opinions you have on the game, but what you're proposing is simply not going to happen. They're not going to pass the franchise onto another studio and that probably, at its core, is simply because they've paid for the Star Trek license.

STO is technically a free to play game. If you're unhappy with the state of it, stop giving them your money until they've produced a product that you're comfortable paying for.

Thank you,

Finally somebody who read what I actually wrote, even if they don't agree with me :)

I am not threatening to leave, and I am passionate about the game, and like it very much :)
  • Options
    cptdungeoncptdungeon Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just take a break and come back in a month or two, stop paying your sub and let everything get sorted if it bugs you that much. If you've been playing since launch you know that the game won't change that much in a month and you'll probably come back with renewed interest anyway.

Yeah it sucks there's so many bugs and it sucks your stipend isn't paid on time, but honestly, no one's forcing you to keep paying the sub. I bought a LTS when the game released and have taken many breaks only to come back with a much increased interest and dedication. Cryptic is a decent development house, but they just don't have the resources of Blizzard or EA etc. I always remember that when I get mad at bugged or incomplete gameplay.
    The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state.... nothing is so dangerous to a society.
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013

lol if you had been playing from the star then you should be use to all this downtime etc as at the start it was like this...... nice try at doing a klingon and telling a white lie
  • Options
    wendigo21wendigo21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you,

Finally somebody who read what I actually wrote, even if they don't agree with me :)

I am not threatening to leave, and I am passionate about the game, and like it very much :)

Oh I know you didn't threaten to leave, but you're still giving them exactly what they want: your money. You can continue to play the game and keep up-to-date with it for free until they've reached the level of quality you'd like, and then reward them by giving them your money again.
  • Options
    cyberdeath666cyberdeath666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i love the game i just got a new tal shiar ship for 65mil ec but the bugs and little faults are spoiling the game play for everyone im not leaving to play some other game i just wish they would pull there fingers out and fix the game alot of the bugs & faults are easy to fix so ......
    FIX EM GUYS

ta for a little rant :P

P.s as i type this the sever has been down for almost a hour just crashed like that had my ship 40 mins so yeah ta guys
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm one not to complain too much and I usually defend Cryptic, especially with all the complaints about queues and downtime the first day or 2 of LoR. This is getting pretty excessive though, and things should realy be fixed since its been almost 2 weeks now. Maybe some people have to miss weekends or put in some overtime, but fixes to these server crashes and a few of the major bugs like EPTA and PVE queues need to happen immediately because too much players are complaining and leaving.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    savnokasavnoka Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic unfortunately has shown a complete lack of professionalism, mail still cannot be deleted, STF' and other que's are still kicking you out after five seconds.

How is this a lack of 'professionalism'? I love it when people toss that word around and pretend it adds some kind of gravitas to their complaint.

Being unprofessional about issues would be if Cryptic responded to the bug reports with "eh, too bad". They have responded to the bug reports, and claim to be working to fix them. Being 'professional' means to respond to customer concerns in a concise, polite manner, regardless of the fact that the customer is calling you incompetent, stupid, or whatever other insults are being thrown.

The only lack of dignity I see around here is the crowds of immature crybabies throwing rage-tantrums because, God forbid, an MMO with a history of having bugs after updates... shockingly... has bugs after an update.

Get lucid.

If Cryptic are unwilling or unable to continue running this game and provide a service people are paying for (stipend still missing) I really don't think they deserve to remain running this franchise.

Who cares?

Sorry, but the people who decide if Cryptic should run the game are CBS and PWI. The input of the customers in that regard is completely and utterly irrelevant. The only think CBS cares about is the money and the only thing PWI looks at is their stock price.

Oddly enough, Bank of America and Barclays recently upgraded the stock.

I'm sure that customers in this day and age are still convinced they matter, but the ugly truth is you don't. A subscriber who doesn't use the C-store brings in, what , a couple of hundred dollars a year? Lifetime members bring nothing at all , that money's already spent. If they lose lifetime members, they have zero loss, and losing a subscriber is literally offset by a few people buying fleet mods and keys.

It's much more productive, instead of ranting, to take a longer view of the situation and realize that the first month after every release has been a disaster and this one is no different.

For instance the 'work around' currently offered to delete mail is to download another cryptic game and do it from there. If I find TRIBBLE in my McDonalds burger, I dont expect to be told to go to another branch to have it sorted out.

I believe they posted that work around as a suggestion to aid those who were concerned about losing exchange sales so that people wouldn't lose money while Cryptic attempted to pin down the bug. If you can find a dev post saying "We're not fixing this bug because you can check your mail in Champions" then I'll apologize, but if you can't I'll continue to suggest your histrionics are mostly hyperbole. The company trying to find ways to let people operate while they find and correct the bug is a good thing, but people always try to find a negative in the positive.

I really am very disappointed at the lack of service being provided, and although the game is available FTP, many people do still pay a subscription and its simply not acceptable.

Don't like it? Unsubscribe.

I'm sorry, but really, that's all you can do. If you feel like Cryptic is wasting your money, then you should unsubscribe. Cryptic has not, and will not, bother listening to it's customers. It either cannot or will not take responsibility for it's failures and more than likely, given past reactions, as long as the majority of players are logging in regularly and buying zen and playing the game, they'll assume a certain percentage of people can't be appeased.

In other words, your opinion has already been written off by Cryptic. If they lose five subscribers, they'll offset the loss somewhere else. What they don't seem willing to do is bother to engage in meaningful conversation with the customers, so I'm not sure why you think pissing into the wind in this manner will achieve anything.

Perfect world is a huge company with huge resources, I am surprised they allow such shoddy service, if only because its losing them money (four silver players I know have left, and have no intention of comming back, not because of server problems which are expected, but because of the ongoing bugs) I think its time for Cryptic to shape up or ship out.

Well, given PWI 's track record, I'm fairly sure if they were unhappy with Cryptic they'd have taken action by now. I'm not giving Cryptic a free pass. I'm not saying people can't waste minutes of their life posting their opinion. (My excuse I'm waiting on pizza and dodging wife aggro. )

But this concept of "I'm a CUSTOMER! You have to LISTEN to me!" is so laughable that you'd be better served growing up and dropping it. When I am unhappy with a company's service, I quietly tell them why and leave. That's what I did in SWTOR and WAR and EVE and other games I decided to write off.

In a 'competitive' MMO market, there's only one Star Trek MMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]