Options

Vote Of No Confidence

13»

Comments

• Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    equinox976 wrote: »
    Having played quite a few Perfect World games, I can say one thing for them, they may be cash cow money grabbers, but they know how to keep things running smoothly.

Cryptic unfortunately has shown a complete lack of professionalism, mail still cannot be deleted, STF' and other que's are still kicking you out after five seconds.

I could go on forever, but suffice to say most of the problems now being reported where told to cryptic during open and closed beta.

If Cryptic are unwilling or unable to continue running this game and provide a service people are paying for (stipend still missing) I really don't think they deserve to remain running this franchise.

For instance the 'work around' currently offered to delete mail is to download another cryptic game and do it from there. If I find TRIBBLE in my McDonalds burger, I dont expect to be told to go to another branch to have it sorted out.

I really am very disappointed at the lack of service being provided, and although the game is available FTP, many people do still pay a subscription and its simply not acceptable.

Perfect world is a huge company with huge resources, I am surprised they allow such shoddy service, if only because its losing them money (four silver players I know have left, and have no intention of comming back, not because of server problems which are expected, but because of the ongoing bugs) I think its time for Cryptic to shape up or ship out.

In this competitive MMO world, there simply is no room for this level of poor service.

^^^^ 100%

/10 chars
  • Options
    savnokasavnoka Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aexrael wrote: »
    Lazarus' post is like a light shining in a dark room, because the reality distortion filter is being powered with full Aux power in this thread.

Are you that disillusioned or ignorant to how much is broken?

Consolidated LOR Bug List #2

Other useful topics being ignored? Laughable statement, there's been no communication on these forums from anyone in a position of authority regarding the state of the game, outside of the usual Ask Cryptic PR post. Where other companies would have addressed these issues we're now on two weeks since LoR was released and there haven't been a single content/gameplay update.

I find it bewildering how many are willing to bend over and accept the bugs and frequent server crashes as if it was common place, or meant to happen. How about some standards for quality.

Lol.

Two things are true:

1) Cryptic does nothing until an issue pisses everyone off so much the forums are full of flames. That proves Cryptic listens...when enough people weigh in on one topic. Things like the fleet marks mess and changes to dilithium and the Season Six failtastrophe.

2) Ranty messages about how people 'feel' about Cryptic have not ever achieved anything because Cryptic isn't listening to what people want in terms of communication or feedback.

That's why threads like this annoy me.

It's one thing to complain about bugs , as long as one keeps the proper mindset about how bugs are fixed in mind, and remembers that every single big release has been bugged for about a month. Stop expecting anything else. It's called being realistic, not 'bending over'. I don't expect Cryptic has the manpower (or core competencies) to achieve a bug free launch of anything.

It's another thing entirely to hear vaguely defined whines and utterly and completely useless statements like "someone else should get the ST franchise". Why even bother to post that? Do you honestly think some corporate suit from PWI or CBS is going to read this and say "Well, gee....that's pretty bad. I guess we'll just break all these contracts and scrap the game and hand it off to someone else, although that would ruin our revenue stream and cost a lot of money for no guarantee it'd be any better".

If people don't like the bugs and want to say "fix it" that's great.

If people just want to complain and say they aren't getting their money's worth and Cryptic is unprofessional and sucks, then go two-faced and say "but I like Cryptic and the game" , then spare us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,291 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    savnoka wrote: »

Thanks for your important imput.

I noticed on another thread that you have 'thousands and 'thousands' to spend on MMO's.

Unluckily for us poor people we have to get a bit verbal somtime's.

In sure you understand.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There are only two groups that can give a vote of non-confidence, PWE and CBS. Even then, there is probably some contract that requires supporting STO for a specific period of time so CBS could reevaluate their position on STO in about 2 years (5 years after STO launched) and give it to someone else, but they can't do anything now. The only vote of non-confidence that can involve players is through the C-Store and that could take months or years to see an effect.
  • Options
    lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and, for the second time today, lol... we're down.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Yeah, except that no one wants to boycott sto. Lol

There's no need to boycott STO...they're doing it to themselves :D
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    painkillerjaynepainkillerjayne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lake1771 wrote: »
    and, for the second time today, lol... we're down.

The hamsters were getting tired...they let 'em have a break. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Command Officers of the USS Wyvern (from left to right):
    Aurellia Eshkah (Tactical); Indigo Shae (Engineering); Nysiay Chysiayki (VA, Ship Captain)
    Jeclia Sek (Science); Vally Mantivour (Security)
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OP:

Be careful what you wish for. Remember what happened when Padme Amidala called for a vote of No Confidence in Chancellor Velorum?

Queue the Imperial March.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    grayhyouse1967grayhyouse1967 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    :eek:Have just had my launcher updated - and now I can not even get in to the game. I get either unable to authenticate on entering password or unknown failure or disconnected from server after hitting Play button on character screen.

Just pre-empting have done force verify, internet test = speed and ping rate are excellent, tried with and without firewalls, restarted PC, ran other online games and no problems.

This is the first time I have felt I need to post something.
    I have all the same problems as mentioned in this thread and have been frustrated by them.
    Now I wish I could get on and to be frustrated by these bugs.

This for me does not seem to be getter better each time Cryptic updates the game.

I too have paid for things to improve my experience in the game and now I beginning to wish I had not, If I had stayed with the Free to Play options I might be a more tolerant.

I am starting to see the fallout from this on the net and social media. when I started playing the game over a year ago, it was easy to find a review giving STO 9 out of 10 - but not so much now.

I have also, when online, met up with new players who joined since, and because of, Legacy of Romulus. I do not see this people being as tolerant as older players because they have never had a good experience with the game. What they are going to say and are saying when online elsewhere is what I think is affecting the ratings.

The word is spreading, Cryptic wants to keep this game alive and attracting new participants - well this is not helping. And managing and up selling their social media, after the bad word is out, take can 4 to 10 times the effect to correct their reputation than to build a good reputation in the first place.

I want to keep playing, developing my characters and possibly spend on the game, but do not know if the game will be around or be in a format where I would want too.

I have been Star trek fan ever seeing Star trek old series and animated re-run in the seventies and this is the first time I have ever questioned my experience with anything to do with star trek.

So my vote is (of confidence): waning! :(:confused:
  • Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This.

Cryptic is doing juuuuuuuust fine.

Bugs are to be expected after such a huge release, additionally, Cryptic is working to fix these bugs.

Great release, keep up the good work Cryptic, I MUCH prefer devs that communicate with us over Korean devs that are but a myth you won't ever be able to speak directly to like with every generic Korean MMO.

you are correct.

however there is 1 thing that honestly if you look at it professionally is not acceptable, at least in the gaming industry.

MULTIPLE bugs were reported in tribble and i mean a ton and only a quater of them have been fixed some of these bugs were reported quite some time ago which gave the devs plenty of time to work on some fixes, only problem is with all these "quick fixes" now they are actually breaking more things than they are fixing. lol

welcome to the freemium industry lol

(FYI im not agreeing with the OP directly, but im just trying to get the point across that this topic was building way before LoR was even known about.. they aren't doing a bad job, but they arent doing a good job either, the bugs needs to be addressed fully not slightly while they just force new content in 24/7 and create new bugs (obviously not intentionally but you get my point).. it will just make things worse if they dont do a large bug patch soon.)
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    savnoka wrote: »
    Lol.

Two things are true:

1) Cryptic does nothing until an issue pisses everyone off so much the forums are full of flames. That proves Cryptic listens...when enough people weigh in on one topic. Things like the fleet marks mess and changes to dilithium and the Season Six failtastrophe.

2) Ranty messages about how people 'feel' about Cryptic have not ever achieved anything because Cryptic isn't listening to what people want in terms of communication or feedback.

It's one thing to complain about bugs , as long as one keeps the proper mindset about how bugs are fixed in mind, and remembers that every single big release has been bugged for about a month. Stop expecting anything else. It's called being realistic, not 'bending over'. I don't expect Cryptic has the manpower (or core competencies) to achieve a bug free launch of anything.

It's another thing entirely to hear vaguely defined whines and utterly and completely useless statements like "someone else should get the ST franchise". Why even bother to post that? Do you honestly think some corporate suit from PWI or CBS is going to read this and say "Well, gee....that's pretty bad. I guess we'll just break all these contracts and scrap the game and hand it off to someone else, although that would ruin our revenue stream and cost a lot of money for no guarantee it'd be any better".

If people don't like the bugs and want to say "fix it" that's great.

If people just want to complain and say they aren't getting their money's worth and Cryptic is unprofessional and sucks, then go two-faced and say "but I like Cryptic and the game" , then spare us.

I agree 100% these people need to stop acting like they are MMo virgins and have no idea how a buggy mess a large content pack can be and ive said it before ill say it again there are a bunch of folks on here that are silent but feel as though most of you whining NARCISSISTIC arrogant people on herE with you overblown since of entitlement you have awoken us and we are legion and we have had enough of your tears..........you are all dissmissed
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited June 2013
    wildweasal wrote: »
    I agree 100% these people need to stop acting like they are MMo virgins and have no idea how a buggy mess a large content pack can be and ive said it before ill say it again there are a bunch of folks on here that are silent but feel as though most of you whining NARCISSISTIC arrogant people on herE with you overblown since of entitlement you have awoken us and we are legion and we have had enough of your tears..........you are all dissmissed

If people are silent, how do you know what they are thinking? You have a big WE LOVE CRYPTIC rally and sit around a camp fire telling stories of when they were good at game development? Musta been one really quiet and awkward rally.

Id really like to know what these other mmo's are that have all the problems that cryptic does with every update? I played wow for years, through 3 expansions, I don't recall weeks and weeks of bug fixes and down times. I played EQ for years through many many many expansions, same deal. Final Fantasy Online, nope... Even the 4 man show running Vanguard is doing a helluva lot better maintaining that game than cryptic is doing. So tell me, mr man, in your worldy experience, what is it that cryptic is doing that puts them in the same league with the other giants of the industry? Yes bugs happen, servers crash, networks go down etc... but at cryptic, its just a way of life and people like you think we should just accept it. I refuse. you sir, are "dismissed".
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was talking to a friend yesterday in chat and he told me that when STO came out CO became the unwanted redheaded stepchild ignored by cryptic and PWE.

Who is to say with neverwinter coming out STO is about to become the next unwanted redheaded stepchild.

How long has it been since we seen a patch?

How long has it been since weve heard anything in way of anything regarding fixes?

How long has it been since any word of a timeline on the next patch or update?

Im not being a troll im just saying this is becoming strange now that NVW is out it looks like STO is being ignored by cryptic and PWE wouldnt surprise me if devs are already being reaasigned from here TO neverwinter.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was talking to a friend yesterday in chat and he told me that when STO came out CO became the unwanted redheaded stepchild ignored by cryptic and PWE.

Who is to say with neverwinter coming out STO is about to become the next unwanted redheaded stepchild.

STO will never be the redheaded stepchild...this is Cryptic money maker, they get money just from the IP alone from players. This is not some crappy IP this is STAR TREK!! and you will respect it :P

How long has it been since we seen a patch?
    Yesterday Tribble got some patch updates.

How long has it been since weve heard anything in way of anything regarding fixes?
    Yesterday Tribble patch notes
    How long has it been since any word of a timeline on the next patch or update?
    Thursday when patches are usually done after Tribble gets an update.

Im not being a troll im just saying this is becoming strange now that NVW is out it looks like STO is being ignored by cryptic and PWE wouldnt surprise me if devs are already being reaasigned from here TO neverwinter

STO just got a huge expansion CO has gotten nothing for like a long time, it's been 2 weeks since LOR came out how is STO being ignored??
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *laughs at the OP*
    Fool.

You think this is a democracy? You think that you have any, any power at all?
    Do you sit on the board of directors of Perfect World? Of CBS? Of Paramount?

As a dissatisfied customer, your only power, your only choice, is whether to continue playing or to leave. And I suspect that, for all of your rhetoric, it'll come down to you choosing the former.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    STO will never be the redheaded stepchild...this is Cryptic money maker, they get money just from the IP alone from players. This is not some crappy IP this is STAR TREK!! and you will respect it :P

Yesterday Tribble got some patch updates.

Yesterday Tribble patch notes

Thursday when patches are usually done after Tribble gets an update.

STO just got a huge expansion CO has gotten nothing for like a long time, it's been 2 weeks since LOR came out how is STO being ignored??

Tribble did get a patch yesterday.....but common it was a pitifull patch at best

Trust me if NVW starts making them money this game will get the deaf ear

And after two weeks im betting were going to get the same pitifull updates like tribble got.

And yes its has been two weeks from LoR launch and we have a game now that is rife with bugs ,game breakers and server hamsters dying at an alarming rate.

If not now im betting after NVW launches this game gets the shaft anyways im just concerned that this game will get overlooked by cryptic and PWE.

And after all the cruddy MMOs ive played with battlestar galactia online being the most recent toilet bowl game i find STO an oasis in the middle of a barren MMO desert.

So im just concerned they will stop evolving this game its to good to be ignored if not them then they should sell it to a company that will give it the attention its due :)
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Be careful what you wish for. Remember what happened when Padme Amidala called for a vote of No Confidence in Chancellor Velorum?

QFT ^^

/10char
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    equinox976 wrote: »
    My own stance is that I would like somebody else to take over if Cryptic cannot provide the level of service that I feel is acceptable.

sorry, but i doubt that would happen. CBS had already handed out the IP to two people. Perpetual, which never got beyond planning stages in ofur years, then to cryptic who had the game out in 2 years, who had a crappy publisher who didnt want to put any money at all into the game, to PWE and Free to play, if the liscence was pulled from Cryptic now, I highly doubt CBS will give the IP to someone else for a long long time.
  • Options
    grayhyouse1967grayhyouse1967 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wildweasal wrote: »

From someone who understand narcissism better than most.

Stating people are narcissistic - especially shouting it (bold type) combined with the statment "we had enough of yours tears" in itself is the one of the defining characteristic of narcissism, a lack of empathy.

The best description I have of narcissism is the comparison with self-centeredness:-
    self centred people don't see someone else point of view and thus create a problem vs
    narcissistic people don't see their own point and thus don't realize they are the problem.

Am I saying your narcissistic - not at all!
    Am I saying your self centred - not at all!
    Just a springboard to say this ::

As someone who has dealing with the fallout of their own narcissism for over last decade please do not label someone narcissistic over something like this. To use this label from such a brief encounter I believe is not good.

The characteristic I use above comes from the diagnostic criteria set down in DSM IV & V.
    and if diagnosis was made on such brief encounters then I could call a lot of people narcissistic.

If everyone understood the true nature of narcissism then people would not use the term so lightly.

Let me put it this way - get a doctor who understands the nature of narcissism and nature of say cancer - give them a choice of finding a cure for all cancers or a cure for narcissism, and the doctor will most likely choose cancers.

Someone you got cancer can see that they got cancer - narcissist don't see they have narcissism - as before it is their belief - a completely invasive and all encompassing belief that they are not the problem and that it is everyone else who is the problem.

And by anyone having a problem with them only re-enforces that belief - it does not help.

I speak out always on this subject when encounter such use of this malignant term.

Narcissism can only ultimate diagnosed when the primary criteria is met:
    lack of empathy that begins by early adulthood and is present in a variety of contexts and that the condition is always persistent from early adulthood into their present and senior adulthood.

The term persistent here well define beyond meaning just few short years more like a decade. By the time most are diagnosed it they a well it its grip and thus have a more than lifetime of shame, blame guilt, regret and hatred of oneself ahead of them if they manage to escape, and i mean escape.

This is not an apology - more about knowing where I am at. You see when the escaped narcissist hear things like this it is like alcohol to the alcoholic - is addictive. To go back to place where I don't feel any empathy for anyone out there - to attack without caring, guilt, shame or blame is my drink.

The only road I can tread - the only road that leads away from the prison is honesty, firstly with myself, then with others and must do so despite any ridicule possible coming my way.

Why? Ovid, ancient Greek writer says of Narcissus that once he was dead and went to hell he found a pool of water and thus remain there staring at his own image the very thing that killed him the first place.

I am not saying I will die if I go back, am saying the moral is that, narcissist are in hell already and they do not even realize it - they carry hell with them and do not even realize it and thereby, by default, will put anyone they can through hell and not even care.

I say these thing, not for controversy, but to say this : !!anyone!! who see this in a person they are close to you , ESCAPE NOW AND GET HELP - meant to shout that- I want, to whom it may concern, to hear - your compassion kindness, grace and patient is not going to change them - it does not work that way.

Even if they escaped do not go back unless under strict supervision from trained professionals and preferable more than just one- so in doing treat it as visiting one who is in prison, Even then only at professional's suggestion and not at your own.

You need to get help to gain back your inner strength and help to understand that you may never be able to share that strength with them.

Am I driven to say these things because of my past - Yes, to make for it - No,

You see I understand the hatred I have for myself and I know that hatred is transferable. You won't hate the one victimizing you - the hatred transferred in its entirety - self hatred - you will end up hating yourself if you stay - unholy gift from narcissism.

To the narcissist, as before you are the problem and justly by their rationalism all these negative emotions in them belong/are owned by you and you must deal with them.

And this gives the most narcissist what they finally want, in clinical term "Is grandiose in evaluation of self without demonstrating superior achievements".

In my term the narcissist is elevating to position being able to help you not by they own achievement but by your acceptance of their devaluation of you.

For the imprisoned narcissist and for most part with the escaped ones this is the only action help that they can bring to this world for they cannot help themselves.

And as I said in the title "hope it enlightens?" not hope it helps - I simply use my life to light up the darkness so you may see the strength and wisdom within you to get the right help.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,291 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hfmudd wrote: »
    *laughs at the OP*
    Fool.

You think this is a democracy? You think that you have any, any power at all?
    Do you sit on the board of directors of Perfect World? Of CBS? Of Paramount?

As a dissatisfied customer, your only power, your only choice, is whether to continue playing or to leave. And I suspect that, for all of your rhetoric, it'll come down to you choosing the former.

I wonder who is more foolish, me offering a personal opinion, or a poster like yourself who obviously didn't take the time to read what I actually wrote.

You start and end your rebuttal with an insult and completely fail to address the topic at hand.

I never claimed that I had any power, or that I sat on the board of directors or anything of the sort. I offered a personal opinion.

And you are wrong, as a dissatisfied customer, I am not limited to the options you have listed. I also have the option to complain/comment on the service being provided, which is what I have done.

Perhaps you will think a little next time before spouting off insults for no apparent reason.
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ~snip~

That was a fascinating read, and I respect you for sharing that with the community at large.

Kudos.
  • Options
    sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    can this topic be locked please? I see nothing but insults flying around here :rolleyes:
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why do people hold to the mistaken belief that Cryptic are somehow separate from PWE? They whine and complain that Cryptic aren't listening, that they do nothing blah blah blah.

It is not Cryptic that is not listening, or showing that they are at any rate, but rather PWE. Or had it escaped peoples notice that Cryptic are a wholly owned subsidiary of PWE? Cryptic have no authority, they cannot click their fingers and magic up loads of fixes and content and hardware whenever they want; They have to go to PWE and if they say no, then the answer is no and that is that.

Give Cryptic a break. If you want answers, ask the owners for them, not the Devs. It is akin to interrogating a train driver over the prices of train tickets and is, in the end, a fruitless endeavor guaranteed to fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.