edited June 2013
    Well I TRUST CRYPTIC/PWE with STO

And will continue to support them.
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,291 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cptdungeon wrote: »
    Just take a break and come back in a month or two, stop paying your sub and let everything get sorted if it bugs you that much. If you've been playing since launch you know that the game won't change that much in a month and you'll probably come back with renewed interest anyway.

Yeah it sucks there's so many bugs and it sucks your stipend isn't paid on time, but honestly, no one's forcing you to keep paying the sub. I bought a LTS when the game released and have taken many breaks only to come back with a much increased interest and dedication. Cryptic is a decent development house, but they just don't have the resources of Blizzard or EA etc. I always remember that when I get mad at bugged or incomplete gameplay.

Thanks for not telling me to shut up and like it or lump it :)

Its probably a good idea to 'vote with your wallet' and I may well do if things don't improve. (calm down (some people) that ISNT a threat!)

People seem to get the idea that you hate the game and cryptic if you complain.

I love the game or I would not be here complaining. I actually like Cryptic quite alot too, but they way they have handled things is (in my opinion) not very professional.

Again a personal opinion and I dont assume to speak for all.
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic is doing juuuuuuuust fine.

if this is your idea of 'just fine' I don't know what world you're living in, but its not reality
    Bugs are to be expected after such a huge release

not on this level they aren't. there were problems with network stability BEFORE release. they did exactly what they were not supposed to do
    But, still waiting for OP to detail what he believes is an unacceptable "level of service", after explicitly stating it was NOT about bugs being fixed fast enough to satisfy him.

how about a company that doesn't launch a major release in the middle of pre-existing network problems that were already causing severe instability? how about servers that don't crash on a near daily basis. these aren't bugs they are network issues
    I wish the people that keep threatening to leave to do just that... Leave. Less load on the servers, more playtime for me.

theres a saying in the mmo industry: if you tell someone to TRIBBLE off they will, and they'll tell every person they know to stay as far away from your company as possible. thats what killed meridian, it had a large hand in killing SWG after all their debacles, it dropped **** down to about 5000 people. telling someone to leave is never a good idea. its also very ignorant
    STO could be down for an entire week, it wouldn't change my feelings about this game. It's too awesome.

what fantasy land are you living in exactly? you actually think people are ok with paying for a game if that game is down for a full 1/4 of the time they're paying for? thats not getting your monies worth for a monthly sub, and its not acceptable
    See ya. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

you done being an ignorant apologist yet?
    And nothing of value was lost.

except peoples time and the fact that every day the servers are down is another day that people are paying subs for and not getting the time they paid for
    **** happens, and to make a thread crying about how you think you have a say in whether or not a company deserves to run the game you play is absurd. Learn to live with it. People in the world have it way worse than you with your first world problems. Grow up.

lets see: making excuses, calling their statement absurd, telling them to shut up and live with it, telling them to 'grow up'

ignorant cryptic apologist? check. and that 'first world' statement crossed the line in a big way
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Savnoka: Thanks, but a bit too passive aggressive for me. (But perhaps my OP was too)
  • Options
    edited June 2013

So no, I will not give a vote of no confidence in Cryptic because it is not deserved.

Jolan Tru.

Thanks for responding constructively, even if we do not agree on some things :)
  • Options
    blunted74blunted74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wow, a lot of white knights in this thread...

It is always good to scrutinize. It keeps them on their toes, but there comes a time when enough is enough. If they don't roll out some fixes soon, people are going to start leaving.
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I senator Palpatine of naboo Pledge to end the gridlock in the republic senate if elected to the position of supreme chancellor...... wait wrong universe?!!..... what do you mean wrong universe!!! I heard a vote of no confidence!! Thats where I step in and start my evil rul......The mic is still on isn't it? *flees*

:P:P
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sajanus2sajanus2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm posting here in an attempt to simply get my opinion noticed by cryptic, and the thread title seems appropriate. I cant seem to locate any other way of registering customer feedback other than submitting tickets, and that isn't what I'm trying to do. I have been playing STO for about three months now, and up until recently I have enjoyed it tremendously. What convinced me to go to a gold membership was the episode missions; plot based, story driven missions reminiscent of the TV shows. I am mainly a solo player, with one or two friends that I play with regularly. I don't do PVP or the PVE missions other then the random red alerts and occasional daily missions. Just my own personal preference and I am glad the game supports my type of player. I played all the episode missions in less than two months, and started in on foundry missions which are generally just as good. I will probably get around to playing the Klingons and romulans at some point, but for me trek has always been about boldly going where no one has gone before:) I am only really interested in playing federation characters. So now about two weeks ago they did the romulan update. They added a few new missions for everyone which is good, but most of the update is romulan, which is fine, but less interesting for me. I understand there are going to be glitches after a big update, but it seems like they broke the entire game. The queuing issues don't affect me too much and the mail is annoying, but not enough to quit over. The biggest draw for me is the foundry. Foundry missions are why I log in every day. Well, half the foundry missions they have republished are still broken and unplayable. I realize they have to prioritize, and making sure everyone can log in has got to be first on the list. But it has been two weeks since I have really been able to play the game. Daily missions get really repetitive, and I can't even turn in my red alerts to get my omega marks so it kind of spoils the fun of hunting for borg. Now for those of you who enjoy the PVP and all those other aspects of the game, more power to you, I hope you have fun, but I have to ask the question, what exactly am I paying for at this point? Now, to any cryptic people who may be listening, my billing cycle is up in about two weeks, I will probably pay for one more month and hope. Unless things start straightening out soon, and specifically if the foundry missions are still all messed up this time next month, then I will have to regretfully conclude that my entertainment dollars are best spent elsewhere, and I will bid you farewell. I would much preferred to have sent this as an email to a customer service department, but the only contact links I can find have me submitting a new ticket. Should I just do that? Or if anyone out there can direct me to the right place I would appreciate it. Thanks.
  • Options
    llunaukllunauk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love this thread "Vote of No Confidence"... seriously funny. So many people have lost their perspective on reality.

Keep em coming because they are really funny stuff!

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lex0001lex0001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lazarus , #34 nailed it imo.

Cheers
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sajanus2 wrote: »
    I'm posting here in an attempt to simply get my opinion noticed by cryptic, and the thread title seems appropriate. I cant seem to locate any other way of registering customer feedback other than submitting tickets, and that isn't what I'm trying to do.

I have been playing STO for about three months now, and up until recently I have enjoyed it tremendously. What convinced me to go to a gold membership was the episode missions; plot based, story driven missions reminiscent of the TV shows. I am mainly a solo player, with one or two friends that I play with regularly.

I don't do PVP or the PVE missions other then the random red alerts and occasional daily missions. Just my own personal preference and I am glad the game supports my type of player. I played all the episode missions in less than two months, and started in on foundry missions which are generally just as good.

I will probably get around to playing the Klingons and romulans at some point, but for me trek has always been about boldly going where no one has gone before:) I am only really interested in playing federation characters. So now about two weeks ago they did the romulan update. They added a few new missions for everyone which is good, but most of the update is romulan, which is fine, but less interesting for me.

I understand there are going to be glitches after a big update, but it seems like they broke the entire game. The queuing issues don't affect me too much and the mail is annoying, but not enough to quit over. The biggest draw for me is the foundry. Foundry missions are why I log in every day.

Well, half the foundry missions they have republished are still broken and unplayable. I realize they have to prioritize, and making sure everyone can log in has got to be first on the list. But it has been two weeks since I have really been able to play the game. Daily missions get really repetitive, and I can't even turn in my red alerts to get my omega marks so it kind of spoils the fun of hunting for borg.

Now for those of you who enjoy the PVP and all those other aspects of the game, more power to you, I hope you have fun, but I have to ask the question, what exactly am I paying for at this point? Now, to any cryptic people who may be listening, my billing cycle is up in about two weeks, I will probably pay for one more month and hope. Unless things start straightening out soon, and specifically if the foundry missions are still all messed up this time next month, then I will have to regretfully conclude that my entertainment dollars are best spent elsewhere, and I will bid you farewell.

I would much preferred to have sent this as an email to a customer service department, but the only contact links I can find have me submitting a new ticket. Should I just do that? Or if anyone out there can direct me to the right place I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Not agreeing or disagreeing with the quote, just helping the guy out with paragraphs.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    People are just fed up of teenager ranting about useless made up problems in multitude of threads..

Where did the teenager thing come from?

Many people have been affected by the down time, what does teenagers have to do with it?
  • Options
    lordgabelordgabe Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I play many games mmo and otherwise so this is the same everywhere, so just to let you know yea this launch has been buggy but they've been fixing things fast and furiously. And yea all the down times do suck atm but whatever play something else if your frustrated.

So as a Lifer since beta and Legacy nutter if it matters, this game is very stedily improving, early days where shakey now yea servers are buckling a bit as this game is really doing well. Bugs happen take a week off if its upsetting you that much, chill a bit, you clearly care that this game does well. I'll always be constructive as i can but beyond saying this is a good game now and bugs are getting fixed but there are lots atm just bare with it, they'll catch up. And soon we'll have more content with more bugs as tbh i think people just ain't used to this game getting new conent as much as we have at the moment therefore never had to cope with bugs upsetting there game play. Cheer up think of this all as a glorius adventure.
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
    W.B. Yeats

Lifer since beta its never been so good! So now can everyone chill this game is going in the right direction :P
  • Options
    threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited June 2013
    I'll give cryptic one thing, their artist team has definitely come a long way. The new content in visual quality is a vast improvement over previous iterations. However, eye candy isn't enough to make STO a quality game.

The coders, be it from lack of experience or just not having enough of them, can't get the job done. Either way, management obviously isn't putting intelligent and reasonable expectations on them to ensure we get a quality game play experience.

Cryptic is just too small time to handle an IP like Star Trek. If this game had been in the hands of a larger, well established development company, active players would number in the millions and not the thousands that currently play.

Sure, cryptic is making money from STO, that doesn't mean they're doing a great job. McDonalds makes stupid amounts of money every year too, but their food is horrid. Just goes to prove the old saying, "A fool and his money are soon parted."
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But Padme I don't trust Chancellor Palpetine! :eek:
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    equinox976 wrote: »
    Yes I know how it 'goes' with cryptic, in my experience with other MMO's (even other perfect world MMO's) this is not how it 'goes.

Yes its what is expected from cryptic, but its not the kind of service I find acceptable, thus the original post.

Given the misunderstandings I've had thus far with the thread, it seems I did not express myself astutely enough so I stop it here. That is not to say anyone else is at fault, but myself :)

Actually I think you explained your position very well. I think people in a lot of ways expected there to be a fair number of bugs in this expansion, not only because of the scope of the expansion, but also because Cryptic did a huge hiring push right before/during working on this expansion. Seems like a good amount of people, myself included are being understanding almost to the point of overly so because of this.

LOR has pretty much brought the game up to where it should have been when it originally launch, and I think after the LOR bugs are fixed, people will be holding Cryptic to that industry standard of quality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Funny rant I like it :) can say Cryptic isn't flawless but they do the best they can with the resources they have. So under the same conditions if you know anyone that can do better send them to the directors way. I'm sure he'd hire the best talent he could afford. :P
    (Disclaimer: I am in no way downing Cryptic, PWE, or the ranting poster. Simply put what I said is what I mean, get more staff in on the game)
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've personally given Dstahl more than his fair share of #&%* on the forums abot Cryptic, STO , whatever and even think the Vote of NC is silly.
    The things going on right now are nothing compared to the past.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if this is your idea of 'just fine' I don't know what world you're living in, but its not reality

Lazarus' post is like a light shining in a dark room, because the reality distortion filter is being powered with full Aux power in this thread.
    deokkent wrote: »
    People are just fed up of teenager ranting about useless made up problems in multitude of threads. Yes downtime is an annoyance, but seriously, this forum has so many other useful topics being ignored at this point it's getting out of hand. It's stopping people from learning things and enjoying the game more.

Are you that disillusioned or ignorant to how much is broken?

Consolidated LOR Bug List #2

Other useful topics being ignored? Laughable statement, there's been no communication on these forums from anyone in a position of authority regarding the state of the game, outside of the usual Ask Cryptic PR post. Where other companies would have addressed these issues we're now on two weeks since LoR was released and there haven't been a single content/gameplay update.

I find it bewildering how many are willing to bend over and accept the bugs and frequent server crashes as if it was common place, or meant to happen. How about some standards for quality.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I find it bewildering how many are willing to bend over and accept the bugs and frequent server crashes as if it was common place

I find it amazing how many people have never played an MMO before STO came out. Cryptic are the Gypsy Queen of online games.
    <3
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having played quite a few Perfect World games, I can say one thing for them, they may be cash cow money grabbers, but they know how to keep things running smoothly.

You lost all credibility right here... I too had the misfortune of playing other PWE shovelware and Money Suckers and while they may have kept the servers up they did not keep things "running smoothly". There were always bugs, some of which nearly game breaking, that went ignored for long periods or eventually accepted as "Features" because they did not feel like sparing the manpower to actually do anything about them. There were also periods of absolutely sick lag and rubber banding that everyone lit a torch over.
  • Options
    kneeliftkneelift Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I nominate John Smedley to run STO.
  • Options
    natewest1natewest1 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    agreed...

If you are that sick of the game, feel free to leave, nobody is forcing you to stay here. I too have been aggravated by the recent problems, but having tried out a number of other MMOs, I find myself coming back to this one. The interface, community, game-play controls and content are all better than a vast majority of MMOs out there, especially the F2P variety.
  • Options
    felixhexfelixhex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    he has a right to an opinion as much as you do. who are you to tell him he cant have his opinion?

And for the record, I agree with the OP 100%.

I agree too. But I am mainly posting because of the people attacking op for having his opinion. Free speech people. Put your high horses away please.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic unfortunately has shown a complete lack of professionalism, mail still cannot be deleted...
    Don't get me wrong, I am not a Cryptic apologist, but you can't blame Cryptic for this one. Before PWE bought the game from them, we could manage in-game mail from here in the forum and deleting multiple messages was much easier than via the in-game interface.

All that went away once PWE took over, among other changes that made the forums more cumbersome.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is my peronsonal feelings on the matter here, not a flame just how I feel about the game. I think dan stahl needs to be replaced. Hes done some minor good to the game but most of all his lack of finishing anything. Especially with this season alone, I mean Ive seen the game have its share of bugs, but its almost if the entire game is broken. Most things I do now in game are just broke, and has been since LoR release.

Most of which were reported before release and nothing came of it. This is in my view the saddest state in the game ive seen in along time. Not including the no content for months on end few years ago but still.. he needs to be replaced in my eyes. Hes the leader and the one in charge in getting things done around here.. and nothing is. His leadership is making cryptic and pwe look horrid, with the state of this game presently.

Again and this is to dan, not trying to mean or flame you but... this is just my personal view. You have done some good in your years here but for the most part... sorry.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E