Options

Scheduled Restart (June 1, 2013) [Complete!]

13»

Comments

• Options
    scipherscipher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I Gorn and went.......

Being removed from map in 5 seconds.....
    "No more wire hangers, Christina"
  • Options
    xpandarenx007xpandarenx007 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the mail thing is evil, i got like a billion bagillion mails in it now, i predict, 3 hours of silence, to honor the mail deleting spree, when they do get it lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    betayuya wrote: »
    the mail thing is evil, i got like a billion bagillion mails in it now, i predict, 3 hours of silence, to honor the mail deleting spree, when they do get it lol

One thing that would fix that is a "Delete All" button
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013

I'm gorna have to call this cheating.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    commandermiccommandermic Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dstahl said on the Ask Cryptic May 2013 that they are working to fix all the problems and the bugs will be repaired in one huge patch later this month. Also Cryptic do a great job and it is unfair for you to refer to them as "Incompetent"

Rock on Cryptic!
    i won't say great job...3 years after launch and the game is still horribly buggy...i knew no other game that is crashing more frequently. the servers are also still very unstable, not even ubisoft has worse server stability...

and not to mention, after three years, german localiziation is still incomplete...i knew no other company which has ever do such a ridiculous thing...and the perkilest ever is they are anyhow advertising with "100% german"
  • Options
    gallowsbait1gallowsbait1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While we're waiting for the server restart to complete, I'm gorna ask you to share your best Gorn jokes.

So, who is gorna start?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

*Knock knock*

Who's there?

Gorn Away.

Gorn Away who?

Gorn away from this game because I never get to play due to downtime and game crippling bugs due to poor patch testing.

Geddit?

:rolleyes:

As to people dissing the IT boss - sure his company may not compare, but many other MMOs are comparable and the vast majority of them do not share this level of incompetence.

Multiple MMOs with a single log in architecture causing overload and crashing of all games at once - majorly stupid.

Launching a major upgrade at a time when hardware has been in critical melt down just days before - majorly stupid,

Launching a major upgrade with so many obvious and previously reported bugs (missions not handing in, PVE mission title hacks, broken email etc etc) - majorly stupid.

Just because its an MMO doesn't make the sun shine out of their asses and people are entitled to point out poor performance when they see it.

I don't claim to be able to do many things, but that doesn't mean I don't expect the people trained and paid to do them to be competent at it.

Or would it be okay for someone to crash a plane on takeoff with 300 holiday makers "because that's a tough job and my driving a car isn't the same so what can I expect?" No, its ludicrous.

Stupid argument to excuse major failings by the company we pay to be good enough at making an MMO since that's what they're paid to be capable of doing.
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Heck, y'all are lucky, I could not log on for 5 days. Didn't get a tribble or anything for it, just shut out for 5 days. At least Neverwinter gave out a goodies box when they had a bad crash last week. Just sayin'.
  • Options
    kennymkcormickkennymkcormick Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have wasted my gorn damn time playing this game i want my gorn damn bug fixes this used to be a good game :(
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    that is all ... lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This has almost gorn too far..
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My MK XI repeating pistol shoots from my boot.
    Borg sector alerts cannot be turned in.
    Tailor options for romulans not working as intended. cannot color boots or pants.
    Tholian sector alert hasnt worked since it launched.
    Klingons and feds have costs in ship tailors that cost zpoints...

will any of these be addressed?
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While we're waiting for the server restart to complete, I'm gorna ask you to share your best Gorn jokes.

So, who is gorna start?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

2 gorn 1 cup

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited June 2013
    zorbane wrote: »
    I tried raising a Gorn in an aquarium but he kept throw rocks at me every time I walked by.

I did the same but mine kept trying to have sex with the rock and would flip me the bird when i walked by. Shouldve expected it since the aquarium it was hatched in was mixed Gorn and packled.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'm gorna have to call this cheating.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You are gorn to call me out on doing something that you are supposed to do? I thought that you were supposed to search a forum before posting so that you are not re-posting...

Just kidding... Its still a bit funny though
  • Options
    coresystemcoresystem Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, just got in from work, time for a game..ah no, servers down again :( Ah well, hope they finally fix the mail bug. I did notice a lot of people saying they are thinking about leaving the game...and yet they keep posting on the forums. If you were going to leave why bother posting?

Yes, the down time is annoying as well as the bugs and it gets on my nerves also, its really frustrating when the Shard goes down as its going to affect European players most, at least todays downtime is. Not a lot Cryptic can do about that, considering their geographical location they will restart when its going to have the minimum effect.

To those who say they are going to stop playing...no your not, you are going to hang in there like everyone else. Yes your gonna whinge and moan, just as I have done, but I guarantee you will be online a few minutes after the servers back up :)
  • Options
    threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited June 2013

So, who is gorna start?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

cryptic's gorn and broke the game again.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well offcourse , because if we can't TRIBBLE with the Euro players in their afternoon , we'll do it on their Saturday morning play time ... just to mix things up for them .

Anybody remember a different STO ... when right about now was the time they released their brand new FE episodes ? :o
    Guess those times are gorn ... .
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Haz You started booting up the servers yet? :P
    /Floozy
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    coresystem wrote: »
    Well, just got in from work, time for a game..ah no, servers down again :( Ah well, hope they finally fix the mail bug. I did notice a lot of people saying they are thinking about leaving the game...and yet they keep posting on the forums. If you were going to leave why bother posting?

Yes, the down time is annoying as well as the bugs and it gets on my nerves also, its really frustrating when the Shard goes down as its going to affect European players most, at least todays downtime is.

What ? I keep hearing Downtime is always during EU Prime Time ... while I'm at work till ~ 18:00 I never really got that, but I could accept there are a lot of people who wanna play at ~ 16:00 ...

But it's certainly not EU Prime Time at ~ 8-10 o'clock in the morning, most people are sleeping ... it's weekend ... today's downtime is actually pretty fair ... there might be even more Americans who want to play Friday night, then Europeans at Saturday morning ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    coresystem wrote: »

Yes, the down time is annoying as well as the bugs and it gets on my nerves also, its really frustrating when the Shard goes down as its going to affect European players most, at least todays downtime is. Not a lot Cryptic can do about that, considering their geographical location they will restart when its going to have the minimum effect.

To those who say they are going to stop playing...no your not, you are going to hang in there like everyone else. Yes your gonna whinge and moan, just as I have done, but I guarantee you will be online a few minutes after the servers back up :)

If we don't post, what other means do we have to improving the product we actually do want to play? Sure we could quit, and get nothing out of it. But if we voice our opinions, there is a chance, no matter how slight, of being heard.

Quitting en masse would do little except accelerate the life cycle toward MMO closure (they all end eventually).

No, Cryptic can't do a lot about the timing of downtime (and this one is actually better than most) but they can and should work fast and hard to get a handle on why such frequent downtimes are needed.
  • Options
    coresystemcoresystem Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gorn to sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    What ? I keep hearing Downtime is in EU Prime Time ... while I'm at work till ~ 18:00 I never really got that, but I could accept there are a lot of people who wanna play at ~ 16:00 ...

But it's certainly not EU Prime Time at 8 o'clock in the morning, most people are sleeping ... it's weekend ... today's downtime is actually pretty fair ... there might be even more Americans who want to play Friday night, then Europeans at Saturday morning ...

This one isn't prime time, but the previous ones lately were around 7pm-9pm for most Europeans, which is very much prime time.
  • Options
    thesaxladthesaxlad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Shard is back up in less than an hour. Thanks for the speediness of the reboot :)
    In game addy @thesaxlad invites for STF's and PUG PvP's welcome :)
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    Hi Captains! We were able to complete maintenance ahead of schedule. STO is back up! Thanks for your support, and we'll see you in-game.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.