test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Restart (June 1, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Better daily restarts and maintenance with the other 21 hours of the day being solid uptime, than weekly or worse maintenance with poor-quality uptime.

I just hope mail deletion gets fixed soon.
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for perfoming this maintenance when I will be asleep, so as a European, I no longer have to miss out on prime time. :-) Not that I am Queen of the world or anything.

Hopefully this patch will be the last great patch to fix the stability problems.
  • sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, I would have gone off on another nonsensical rambling, but I am prepared for this downtime. Have a folder of other mediocre Star Trek games, such as Armada 1&2, Voyager - Elite Force, and heck, even the good ol' "25th Anniversary" game :)

Fun, fun, fun!

And while I play these games I will think of the irony that while these franchise games sucked, at least I CAN PLAY THEM. Just saying.

/inb4 Defense of Cryptic
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • mrspam404mrspam404 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    IT is TOTALLY different from game codes so don't even go there and say they are incompetent there is no comparing the two.

They are incompetent. That's really the only word you could use to describe this mess, and their handling of it. While that might irritate the fanboys and girls out there, it doesn't matter as you would sit here defending Cryptic If they killed your mother.

Read the first page only of this thread to see what I mean. People defending Cryptic because they will eventually release a big patch to fix all the bugs? LOL The servers are down sometimes 3 times a day, how bout fixing them as you go.(incompetent) Alot of these bug from the expansion were reported before it even came out.(incompetent) Game is loaded with bugs, alot being game breaking, lol you still cant even delete mail. (incompetent) Cryptic takes server down numerous times each day to fix stability and it just gets worse...Oh yea (incompetent).

I'm not trying to argue with Cryptic is Supreme can do no wrong crowd, because if that is what you believe, lol, I dunno, I guess enjoy your bugged out game when it is online. Keep that cash flowin in the c-store, Cryptic will be happy to keep taking it from ya. As I've said now for awhile, Im gonna voice my opinion with all that really matters, my wallet. I won't spend another cent on this game, not because I don't like the game because I do. I just like the Company who runs it less and less with every passing day.

Really none of this matters, what we say or complain about. People will agree and disagree with me. If you think this is how a MMO should be run and you're happy with it, keep giving them money. If you're not happy with them, and want them to change the way they do things, voice your opinion with your wallet.
  • mikenight00mikenight00 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ototo999 wrote: »
    The daily "surprise", like allways. The funny part is that the title "Survivor of Romulus" gonna have a ton of means in the end ;)

i completely agreee. The Devs arent, at all, incompetent, or at least they dont show at all, just look at the game, incompetent people cant do a thing like that. But the management they do in this "server-going-down-crisis" is horrible. They practically enraged every possible player and made a good amount quit (there is no longer a single queu to login, not even in weekends).

I agree with you. I no longer had to worry about queues from the 4th day of the release and onward. That alone should tell Cryptic how many people they've turned off of this game. All them advertising dollars, blogs, and hype. I hope it paid off for them in the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Never Forget 5/21
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well maybe you should go get in there shoes and do what they have been doing for the past 3 years I bet you could not do a better job

That statement is only a fair one if you're addressing a programmer. That's the difference, you see. The Cryptic staff are paid programmers who are not fixing the things that they're paid to fix.

Still, maybe you can't see that. Maybe you're too busy learning the difference between there, their and they're.
  • atroxmortisatroxmortis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yay, I hope we get a good gameing weekend this time. :D

And you cant force Cryptic to release solutions as they have them. Often times when you fix one issue it might cascade over to other unforseen paths. So let them get it fixed and hopefully stamped out all the major bugs before they release one huge mother of a patch.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dstahl said on the Ask Cryptic May 2013 that they are working to fix all the problems and the bugs will be repaired in one huge patch later this month.

[citation required]

If so, they'll win my respect back in one equally foul swoop. :) If not, well, back to taking 1.5 hours a day for a reboot.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    as far as daily re-boots go EvE aint the only 1, there is a little known mmo called Darkspace that re-starts their server daily between 6 and 7 am PDT. oh and before you ask , darkspace has been around since 2001, so dont diss it, hell you might just go give it a spin,but i'll warn y'all ahead of time it does have a fairly steep learning curve come on over and take a look.................................................... ( http://www.darkspace.net )

Bran keep up the good work........

*****Peace*****
  • whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    y Y y Y its Friday
  • whoami4whoami4 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why now? Right when we were happy and playing :(
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and the daily forum/chat room powers up like a record player, with that ole' prerecorded classic sound lol :D
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    couldn't pay me enough to work for that company.

Funny. I'd start working for Cryptic tomorrow, even if it is bringing coffee and donuts to the dev team all day.

Cheers!
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    While we're waiting for the server restart to complete, I'm gorna ask you to share your best Gorn jokes.

So, who is gorna start?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There should be a lot as thats all i see on esd
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    lolz that the best you can do? come on, you can troll harder than that. I just know it.

He's not the one being a condescending ding-a-ling trolling his high and mightiness on people still trying to find the root cause of the server/network issues. You are. YOU are the one who's trolling!
    voicesdark wrote: »
    YOUR DOING THIS AT MIDNIGHT????!!!!!! WTF CRYPTIC THAT'S MY........no wait nevermind it's not. :D

Sorry it had to be done.

Seriously thou I like the restarts, if they could eventually cut them down to 30 mins I think they should keep doing them everyday. NO I'm not being sarcastic. A simply restart does absolutely nothing but help keep the system running at peak. Who hasn't hit the Tuesday/Wednesday lag that is inevitable and wished it was Thursday already.

They have to block off more time than they think it's going to take just in case something doesn't go quite right. It wouldn't surprise me if they were doing a cascading restart, too (restart each server one at a time vs. all at once).
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
    edited June 2013
    i believe i bought our fleet a Gornucopia of Gorn doffs for a fleet project a while back :D
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • targousttargoust Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Knock, Knock

"who's there?"

Due to stability issues this joke has been disconnected from server
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While we're waiting for the server restart to complete, I'm gorna ask you to share your best Gorn jokes.

So, who is gorna start?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Sure, let's not address any serious issues and keep the masses busy in the cheesiest manner possible. Okay,,,

Are you ever Gorna fix the broken mail system?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • midknight3376midknight3376 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I realize we go overboard with our ******** sometimes and not everyone at cryptic is to blame for the players problems. That being said I would like to point out to everyone who says they have it so very tough when we ***** to them that these are the same developers who let a known exploit that stated with this game migrate into the closed beta of their new game Neverwinter online. These are the same employees who after being notified by multiple players did nothing to correct this exploit when the new game switch to open beta. It is my understanding that they did nothing till someone posted step by step instructions on how to make use of this exploit in the forums for Neverwinter. I hate to say it but if I were the person responsible for the development team and found out my team made a mistake like that not once but twice and then ignored the players who were telling them that the mistake existed and needed to be fixed I think I might decide to find people who where actually competent to replace everyone involved in that TRIBBLE up.
  • scipherscipher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm Gorn-a not expect Cryptic to fix any game breaking bugs anytime soon!!!!
    "No more wire hangers, Christina"
  • cgjannekcgjannek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

So, who is gorna start?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Now THAT will soothe the community!
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I tried raising a Gorn in an aquarium but he kept throw rocks at me every time I walked by.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
    edited June 2013
    cgjannek wrote: »
    Now THAT will soothe the community!
    Looks like a big fail-post so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
    edited June 2013
    I'M ANGRYYY!!!!!! ROOOOOOOOAAAAAAWRRRRR! rofl ...
    *coughGorn!!* *cough* lol :D
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    Sure, let's not address any serious issues and keep the masses busy in the cheesiest manner possible. Okay,,,

Yes :) We're working on many fixes right now that is gorna squash some big bugs, including not being able to delete mail.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • yudhistiroyudhistiro Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I think we have a winner right here
    LOL :D
  • hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Have some class! They're still not sure of the root cause, so get off it, already!
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
  • voniakvoniak Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be performing a quick restart of Star Trek Online tonight at midnight PDT (click here to view in your timezone). We expect the restart to take about 1.5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

NOTE: As this is just a restart, there is no patch.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Hey, stop it already!
    The expansion is great, I enjoy playing as a ROM, all is fine, but fix the issue finally. In the last 3 days, always when I wanted to log in, I find server DOWN. It is getting quite irritating.
    edited June 2013
    Yes :) We're working on many fixes right now that is gorna squash some big bugs, including not being able to delete mail.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Aside from us being impatient, that's great official news. Next part: What do you plan on doing about solving the problem the 100 item mail limit has caused with transferring/storing doffs? (400 doff slots is just not enough to satiate hungry fleet projects)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.