test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Network Maintenance (May 30, 2013) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, May 30th, for scheduled network maintenance. We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for 3.5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

As we're only conducting network maintenance, there are no patch notes.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Man, that inevitable bug fix update better be huge... :P
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hypl wrote: »

I don't gripe too much, but I'll agree here.

I'm hearing bug complaints a mile long. There needs to be a patch during at least one of these maintenance periods. I'd hate to see the biggest expansion in STO history go 2-3 weeks without bug fixes.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hypl wrote: »

It will be S8-S10.
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree on this as well. Its pretty bad how many bugs have been discovered with no resolutions to them.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree on this as well. Its pretty bad how many bugs have been discovered with no resolutions to them.

It's not as if many of them were brought up early during the beta or anything...
    ...oh...
    ...wait...
    ...er...
    ...never mind.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please can't we just leave the server down a little longer to squeeze in bugfixes?

There are a long list, but 2 of the most pressing ones affect all the new Romulan characters and your legacy pack buyers the most.

My Romulan has been unable to participate in some pve queue events like CE, mirror universe, conolony invasion, and I suspect a few others I may not have tried yet. I get removed from map instantly upon entering.

Emergency power to auxilary bug is making cloak useless in pvp, again this is disapointing especially when all the ships we spent a lot of money on in the legacy pack have a main feature of theirs made useless. This needs to be a top priority fix, put in some OT if needed please.

I really am having a blast with LoR and appreciate the hard work, but bugfixes , especially those 2 will make it even better.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any ETA on a major sweep ups of the bugs? PvE queue, Mail, various mission (Neutral No More), bioneural torpedo not firing half the time, etc.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As we're only conducting network maintenance, there are no patch notes.

Are you serious?

You have massive problems with the PVE Queues, an inability to delete mails, and a fair amount of "Legacy of Romulus"-specific issues, that have been ongoing since launch over a week ago. And you STILL have no actual fixes to these problems?

I've been trying to level up my Romulan character in-between the daily maintenance cycles, and one way i've been doing this, is via the infrequent Mirror Invasion opportunities. When I tried to run the latest Mirror Invasion an hour ago, I was hit by 1 of three possibilities (similar effects on ANY PVE Queue activity):

1. Couldn't get names from map manager
    2. Auto-kicked upon warping in
    3. PVE queued properly

The times that number #3 happened, was far less than either #1 or #2. On the few times I managed to get past #1, I was instead hit by #2. Only 3-4 times, was I able to actually run the Mirror Invasion properly.

Like I said, these issues persist across pretty much ANY PVE activity. And as I primarily play the game for PVE, these things hurt me quite a bit. I am saddened by Cryptics apparent inability to fix these problems within a timely manner.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    entnx01 wrote: »
    I don't gripe too much, but I'll agree here.

I'm hearing bug complaints a mile long. There needs to be a patch during at least one of these maintenance periods. I'd hate to see the biggest expansion in STO history go 2-3 weeks without bug fixes.

To be fair - it's one week out - and they actually did fix a few launch bugs over the next two days right after release with emergency patches. That said, there are still a few major issues that could really use a fix ASAP.:D
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    please fix the server disconnections and the "server not responding" messages.... pretty please...
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Said there would be more maintenance on 30th there be some on the 31st and then the 1st too put money on it.

Always the same excuses "no path notes" no bugs or isses fixed just constant player down time and "we thank you for you patience" like we have a choice???

I stick by what i call them.. Craptic!
  • Options
    aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am getting worried, at this rate, that all these server stability updates, are no more than flipping a switch on a server and just letting the game reboot over a couple of hours. Whatever these updates are, they are not working.

Something more concrete needs to be plugged in, so it makes the game more stable, and shuts me up. That frees my mouth for more game time, and so on.

A proper patch please. Thank you kindly.
  • Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, I am usually not one to gripe in these threads, I get that this is an MMO and that MMO's have bugs that need fixing sometimes (okay, more than someitmes...), and that things can sometimes get a little hairy after a new expansion releases to live.

But this...

This is ridiculous. O.o

All of these downtimes and not even 1 bug fix? I kind of regret dropping so much dosh on the LoR pack, and then for character slots. This is really all getting to be a bit much, Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah its also going to be down during the mirror event.

I just rather have something to bump some of this content along the new missions are fun because they are of course new. The part I hate this maintenance is going to take place where I just want the xp and don't want to do missions so many times I start to hate them :P Atleast do a double xp weekend or something because of all this down time.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cue inevitable "people who expect things to actually work are whiners living in the past" bugaboo below.

But really... not a single bugfix for Thursday? Come on man. Another hundred meg of my bandwidth incinerated for, essentially, nothing? (And don't tell me it's all server stability either. I used to play Diablo II in the late days of Dial Up modems. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed a 4 hour delay logging on to grab the kind of "Server stability" patches you people are uploading daily, when their game dropped out every 3 days.)

Your own people are the ones that have to remind the simpletons that Cryptic is not the Borg and you have different people working on different things. In other words, everyone knows you have people working on bugfixes all the time, because that's their job. You can't have it both ways.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    theparanoidtheparanoid Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    druhin wrote: »
    Are you serious?

You have massive problems with the PVE Queues, an inability to delete mails, and a fair amount of "Legacy of Romulus"-specific issues, that have been ongoing since launch over a week ago. And you STILL have no actual fixes to these problems?

I've been trying to level up my Romulan character in-between the daily maintenance cycles, and one way i've been doing this, is via the infrequent Mirror Invasion opportunities. When I tried to run the latest Mirror Invasion an hour ago, I was hit by 1 of three possibilities (similar effects on ANY PVE Queue activity):

1. Couldn't get names from map manager
    2. Auto-kicked upon warping in
    3. PVE queued properly

The times that number #3 happened, was far less than either #1 or #2. On the few times I managed to get past #1, I was instead hit by #2. Only 3-4 times, was I able to actually run the Mirror Invasion properly.

Like I said, these issues persist across pretty much ANY PVE activity. And as I primarily play the game for PVE, these things hurt me quite a bit. I am saddened by Cryptics apparent inability to fix these problems within a timely manner.

you do release all three of those could be result of internal network issue which is what the maintenance window is working on?

In fact from what I seen the last month I wager there have yet to fix there major network issue that pop up since never winter launched.

Your getting auto kick because the server think your not part of team. While I have no working knowledge of cryptic set up. i image the game running on a server farm. Which mean when your moving say from the Solo system the STF you character and it data has to be transfer from solo map server your on to the server that hosting your stf. (among other things)
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These one-a-day piecemeal server stability fixes aren't working. Take them down for longer and actually fix some stuff.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you please at least fix the MVA Console so it works on the Fleet version, i paid for Legacy pack then more for the Fleet version of the ship i like only to find it doesnt work.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We need bug fixes. Like, right now.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited May 2013
    Network stability and game bugs are two different issues that get fixed by two very different kinds of people.
    Just because they are working on one, does not mean they are not working on the other.
    Having said that their immediate concern is probably stability and some of the devs might be helping with it.

The bugs are annoying, but I have no doubt (okay a little doubt) that they'll get fixed in a fairly short amount of time.

The network stability issues- servers not responding, long ques, getting booted from PvE events- are (to me) more disconcerting. I can somewhat understand expecting an increase in player volume, but being surprised and way more people coming into the game than they anticipated. It would take time to spin up additional network assets. But, at this point, we're a week in. I would hope that those issues would have been resolved by now.
  • Options
    alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope for them and us both they will now take a pause and work on resolving ALL of the bugs that affected the game for too much time

- since its existance, I read, and I do have evidence about years old, game-breaking bugs still there untouched.

Otherwise the next content update will make this game implode like a castle built with cards being added a floor more than the last it could handle.

Seriously, at this round we got an essential service like Mail and a major game system like PvE both broken.

Please take care of the whole game cleaning 100% of errors, finally making it decent to present,
    or the next step will take it where neither the company or the players would want to see.

I am a fan of Star Trek and know of the troubled story of the development of this game,
    and readen the blogs in which you stated you "previously feel like getting on your feet, and now like finally starting".

SO if you really feel like this game is just starting, and I want to believe you,
    it's time for the game to do the step beyond the bugs infested phase, get to look like a true release and warp to success.

Then, we can talk about territorial pvp, exploration revamp, new factions and such. Not before. IMHO.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • Options
    pegasuscicpegasuscic Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see there will be another time again tomorrow. 3.5 hours this time. And right on heals of last nights "emergency" that ended up getting today's "downtime" aborbed into it. It's getting a bit repetative. I will say simply..."Titanic, meet deck chairs. Deck chairs meet Titanic".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sigh, I have come to expect two outages a day now.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    At least it's not as bad as League of Legends. Yet.
  • Options
    sapyrothsapyroth Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why do beta exist ? Was there even a beta ? Why did you wreck the game after season 6 ? Before I took a break from STO the game ran so smoothly.

It took me a week to be able to log into STO after patching the game with the LOR files. When I did I could only play 1 char. Every other char I clicked play on simply made me log into the that one char which luckily is my main toon.

Running safe mode fixed the char selection issue. But now I can't play PvE queues properly. Everywhere I go in STO be it a place I have been 10times in a row the game starts patching some huge unknown amounts o data (This is 100% Every single load everywhere!!!!!).

What happened to the textures of the game? How in gods name did you manage to break that as well by changing the UI. Who in the hell is running the debugging section at Crytpic???

I thank the gaming gods for keeping me at bay from the LoR pack. I thought to myself even if ya pay a bit more for it after the launch of LoR you will at least be sure the game runs well and is headache free. Until this game is run properly once again and by people who possess an ounce of common sense I won't spend a cent on it.:(

"Come play STO free-to-pay! Lag'yer TRIBBLE off and get a migrane!! Yeehaa!":eek:
  • Options
    acvoelckeracvoelcker Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    another outage, imagine that...

PWE needs to fire the guy who manages the server...
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    acvoelcker wrote: »
    another outage, imagine that...

PWE needs to fire the guy who manages the server...

Well let me give you a quick run down of what's going to be said in response to your post.

Cryptic will ignore it.

The Cryptic Fans will come in and say everything is normal, all other games are exactly like this, and you're over reacting.

Everyone else will agree with you in one form or another.
  • Options
    tarrennistarrennis Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about fixing the mail system? My inbox is piling up with Item Sold On Exchange Emails and I can't delete any mail. Oh, and how about acknowledging that the email system limits have changed for the worse without notice or explanation. A lot of people are unhappy about this.
  • Options
    ztstrikeztstrike Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm enjoying legacy for the most part... but I thought I would state my mind here...

The fact that Legacy was so under-done in half of its new items, and following that up with one of the most disastrous releases I have yet to see, this stuff is getting really stupid. I will admit it, I still spend money on the game against my better judgement. However, If this stuff doesn't start getting wrapped up within the next week I will be taking a long leave from the game.

BTW, the "thank you for you support" TRIBBLE is really annoying! Just admit you screwed up, can't fix it because of X, Y, and Z, and bother to actually share a little information with us. I might just gain a shred of respect for you...
    -ZT Strike
    sapyroth wrote: »
    "Come play STO free-to-pay! Lag'yer TRIBBLE off and get a migrane!! Yeehaa!":eek:
  • Options
    saracen1955saracen1955 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be fair - it's one week out - and they actually did fix a few launch bugs over the next two days right after release with emergency patches. That said, there are still a few major issues that could really use a fix ASAP.:D

It'a long past the point of being fair. They weren't able to keep the server up and running reliably even before Legacy went live (well, on life support). The new problems are just more fuel to the fire. To take the server down virtually everyday and fix ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is unforgivable, and inexcusable! Fix the game or just take it down for good. I for one am sick of this ongoing farce.
This discussion has been closed.