Install Arc
Options

Maintenance Announcement (May 27, 2013 - 7AM PDT) [Complete!]

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    apacheone5565apacheone5565 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too Funny...everytime there is a downtime announcement it is always followed by a swarm of rude, nerd rage, over entilted, self important gibberish posts from neck-bearded, besement dwelling 30 something virgins who in the real world would be to afraid to ever speak to someone the way they speak to the Dev's at Cryptic when they are behind a keyboard. I just hope they know when thay make rude, threating, and insulting posts all it does is make themselves look like an idiot.

As to your statement above I see you have no concept of what a server which is where this program is kept with a basic interface software to your computer with one bad line of code put in during a update could do to your computer! Just a FYI when the release came out a week ago about 50 pct of the people that play this game had to reload the game to reload ther operating system,because of lines of code rewriting the O.S. system files.So If people are complaining its because those of us that maintain servers and also play this game are tired of testing the program before putting it on to the system.Perfect world is suppose to do beta testing before a release which it has not been the case since the release of the game in 2010 when Cryptic own the game.and you should refrain from the insults of who is playing the game you will be surprise to who plays this game and I am not afraid to speak my mind to Perfect World who purchase the game about a year ago from Cryptic. :cool:
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't posted much because I generally read more. I just figured I'd use the downtime to enjoy this thread before it gets closed when the server comes back up.

This is in answer to the poster calling 'Cryptic White Knights' one post wonders.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guard41 wrote: »
    My bridge officer stations go blank half the time I zone!
    My ability trays get jumbled upon zone!
    I cannot delete E-Mail
    I cannot queue for anything in the PvE system! I've been wanting to earn Fleet Marks for days, I can't!!
    1) There was an issue with that before, it ended up (at least for me) having something to do with Boff Slots on my Shuttle. 2) I believe all Ability Trays get jumbled. It isn't just you. :) 3) Again, this isn't specific to you. Nobody can delete all mail at the moment (though it's allowing me to delete some mail; it's strange). They'll probably have that 'fixed' for Thursdays Patch. 4) Can't say I've tried queuing for anything lately...
    guard41 wrote: »
    I now agree with a friend of mine, who says that everything we see 'server stability' in the patch notes, it just means the hard drives are being defragged! hehe!
    I doubt it's that, but there is something seriously wrong with their servers if they're giving us this much downtime.
    jhiett wrote: »
    Star Trek is an American Franchise So the Europeans can sod off. Personally I feel bad for the techies that have to come in so early on an american holiday to do maintenance for all the yahoos who are complaining, all to give you a quality game that you don't even have to pay for. I.E. Free to Play. What a bunch of ungrateful dolts.
    Except it's the people who are paying who are suffering too.
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Yeah it's been raining here (NW UK) all day =/
    Oh, so now I know who's been sending the clouds down south. Damn You! :P
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    beeblebrox72beeblebrox72 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One post wonders? No i'm not one of those, but i am enjoying my free gaming on STO. FREE...yeah lol.
    It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yayy! A new patch! I love new patches. (Not sarcasticly meant)
    It is good to see you, at cryptic, being on top of Things.
    It doesn't always go smoothly, but at least you try.

:)
    /Floozy
  • Options
    rhiantrsahenrhiantrsahen Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sigh.

Really, really expected the servers to be up, considering it's a holiday in the US. Guess that's what I get for putting any amount of faith in Cryptic.

After the insanely bad taste left in my mouth after Cryptic sold City of Heroes, and all the issues STO has had, from launch to daily emergency maintenance after LOR (maybe things were better between launch and LOR, but I wasn't playing), I've come to the conclusion I've given Cryptic more than enough chances to make things right. I'll be adding Cryptic to my "do not support" list. Cryptic will be joining the ranks of NCSoft and Papa Johns as companies I refuse to give another penny to, for one reason or another.

Congrats, I guess.
  • Options
    confessor1978confessor1978 Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    something else to bare in mind cryptic are a very small developer nothing like the companies of blizzard trion soe etc pure man power counts for a lot.... so you have to expect poorer QA slower fixes more bugs its a simple manpower issue hell pay them more they can afford more techies and general staff and improve services ...the bioware lucas ea are a massive company so comparing them is frankly daft.. the budget and staffing is likely 3x cryptic an the game fell on its TRIBBLE to f1p so not saying much for swtor
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And as you can see from my join date that I'm as new to the forums as I am to the game.

Which I'm enjoying immensely. But then, I'm not all that hard to please. As long as the game is working on my end I'm happy. And I have had few bugs hit me when I'm playing, that's all I'm saying. The biggest one is getting booted five seconds after going to Starbase 24
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have to say am loving the LOR expansion so much my only hope is that cryptic can resolve the issues that i have been having since Saturday which is either not being able to get into the game or having graphics issues and I know that it is just on STO these problems are happening as am playing champions online as well and not having any problems with it
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jhiett wrote: »
    Star Trek is an American Franchise So the Europeans can sod off. Personally I feel bad for the techies that have to come in so early on an american holiday to do maintenance for all the yahoos who are complaining, all to give you a quality game that you don't even have to pay for. I.E. Free to Play. What a bunch of ungrateful dolts.
    American made. Yes.

But let's be honest Star Trek always had international love. Members of the crew from almost every continent and people, it's no wonder it's a world wide franchise.

But I hadn't even thought about that but that's right. If it's maintenance today that means these guys are coming in on a National Holiday. Pretty Crappy.

Then again it's also crappy that every minimum wage employee in the country (Wal-Mart. McDonald's etc.) is also working today.

So thanks guys. I don't know why it was necessary, but thanks for putting in the work.

ryan218 wrote: »
    Sorry, sunny weather in Suffolk, United Kingdom.
    Hey sunny weather in Suffolk, VA too. :D
    I probably needed a break anyway, i've never leveled a characater this fast lol. I love the new season, it's epic! :D

Agreed. Very engaging.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    confessor1978confessor1978 Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    my personal take on the whole situation is pwe - cryptics reasourses are pulled too thin money and staffing due to running neverwinter and sto neverwinter should have been made by another company thus saving cash and staff as for the network it clearly is not upto scratch with the open beta running atm but given time neverwinter will quieten down its a 1 month game at best lvling is a 3-4 day experiance farming top gear about the same.... then boredom and the older players leave thus freeing up network and server resources and staff again....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    One post wonders? No i'm not one of those, but i am enjoying my free gaming on STO. FREE...yeah lol.
    Whilst you might not be a subscriber, that doesn't mean you haven't paid any money into the game. Have you?
    captaind3 wrote: »
    American made. Yes.

But let's be honest Star Trek always had international love. Members of the crew from almost every continent and people, it's no wonder it's a world wide franchise.
    Patrick Stewart is British.

Just Sayin' ;)
  • Options
    captclazoruscaptclazorus Member Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After you do this, will it finally stop "server not responding" and "Cannot connect to server"?
    It had better. I am sick of this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Star Trek: Rubicon" Season 1, Season 2 A new era, a new time, a new crew, a new ship, a new mission...
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again."- Jean-Luc Picard
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's funny seeing the people complain so much about such a great game, yeah there's downtime, it's to be expected with an MMO especially one with a brand new expansion, bugs that cannot be foreseen on tribble due to the difference in the amount of players for one. If you don't want to play a game that has any downtime whatsoever I suggest you go buy a single player game that doesn't require you go online.

Yes the downtime may be right in the middle of the EU prime time but I've been up late enough to see it go down during US prime time just as much, they're working on fixing problems so it'll be down less, if you don't have the patience go play something else, then maybe come back in a few months and see if it's fixed/down less.

To the people that keep saying that they've paid for this game and as such should be reimbursed for lack of service, the terms and conditions you agreed to before playing state about downtime and Cryptic not having to reimburse you, if you didn't read it, that's your problem.

And for those saying "This happens all the time, I've been playing this for x years and am sick of it" if you're so sick of it why haven't you gone to a different game yet? Clearly if this game is as terrible as you make it out to be you'll never be satisfied enough to think you've got your moneys worth out of it so go play another game.

But as someone said last maintenance if you haters weren't on these forums it'd be a bit more boring for those of us, like me, who think it's a fantastic game that gets better and better, while it's down.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We do understand that this time is unfortunately inconvenient for some of our players.

- No really? just landing a maint right at game time europe, thats smart...

Wow post #5 on the thread...I think this is a new record!
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So let me get this straight?

Around 7 am you guys get into work, and upload a new patch.
    Giving you the rest of the day to find and fix any bugs ready for the next day.

Now I might ask, 'If the patch is ready at the end of business day why not upload it then, so it then affects US prime time, instead of Europe?'

'Oh,' I hear you answer, 'it's because if we do that, we won't know about any bugs for around 16 hours and we get back into work, and could possibly be broken and unplayable.'

Damn you for being sensible and trying to offer the best play experience as you can.

And besides even if I'm wrong, which I'm sure I could be, whatever time the game gets taken down is going to upset someone, at least this way, there's a predictability to it.

/me wait's for brown nose comment, and counters with troll comment.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    After you do this, will it finally stop "server not responding" and "Cannot connect to server"?
    It had better. I am sick of this!
    No, it likely will not.

LoR was released on Tuesday. We've had (at least) 5 'patches' or 'server maintenance sessions' since then.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There is something else. Since I filled the first tier of my officer's abilities I can't give them any more points, and I have like 13K to give out.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    We were able to complete our work ahead of schedule, and maintenance is now complete! See you in-game!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.