test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Announcement (May 26, 2013 - 7AM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• jasoncholmesjasoncholmes Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    also can you please take a look at cold storge for the hiden lobi cristal you cant get it as its under the mounting
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Greetings Captains,

We will be performing a maintenance on Sunday, May 26, at 7:00 a.m. PDT to deploy a stability update. We anticipate that this maintenance will take approximately two hours.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-Dezstravus and the Star Trek Online Team
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I bet there's another 100 or 200 MB of data to download like the other days without patch notes. And of course the usual extended downtime for another hour.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • sada44sada44 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been playing this since the beginning and no other update has caused this many problems. Why didn't you just wait an extra month and put out a finished product. We are not all kids that have unlimited time to play.
  • kjahslkjahsl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • deppadahunddeppadahund Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys seriously? You don't get it do you?
    Mismanagement can even destroy the best game.
    You have a serious problem by taking down the servers almost every day (!!!) and in peak times!!!

Calling some guys at PWE maybe the hammer from above will help!:mad:
  • tordesignstordesigns Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Greetings Captains,

We will be performing a maintenance on Sunday, May 26, at 7:00 a.m. PDT to deploy a stability update. We anticipate that this maintenance will take approximately two hours.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-Dezstravus and the Star Trek Online Team

ya constant updates of them not saying what their actually trying to fix and the same dam 132mb update every day im starting to get pissed at that one how many times can you redo the same files and still not get it right meanwhile you have completely broken all pve queues and no say on whether thats gonna be fixed but server stability means jack to the common person and is completely unfair to classify a person who pays you as a ignorant person who couldn't fathom anything you say in regard to actual life examples to have an idea of what you mean by x to the y needs fixing its like opening your car door :o your all a joke at least other companies will say what their doing dont assume were all illiterate hicks who cant use google if we dont understand something you said oh wait you can always explain it thats what your paid to do dam it
  • captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bet there's another 100 or 200 MB of data to download like the other days without patch notes. And of course the usual extended downtime for another hour.

if you have tribble you will se it is 132 MB patch i have just patched tribble and now patched my holo throught my tribble that is the main reason i have trbble
  • llyodstylesllyodstyles Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this stuff really pisses me off. You had time in closed Beta and Tribble to find and fix problems, but now, in my prime gaming time, you have to go offline for 2 hours. Guess I will play SWTOR during those 2 hours... since that is also a fun game based off a Sci Fi hit I love I wonder if I will remember to come back with my hard earned money in 2 hours... 2 days... 2 weeks?

Start listening to your testers and fix things in Beta so you do not lose even more paying customers then you already have.

Well perhaps if more people tested on Tribble and reported bugs in the right place instead of complaining at every time there is some sort of maintenance, which is required to keep the game as stable as possible, then things might get done a little faster.
    No one cares if you cannot find something to do with your life for 2 whole hours on a Sunday afternoon
    We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
    Winston Churchill

1st Lt, M.A.C.O. Foxtrot Squadron

• defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahh, more downtime... thankfully real life stepped in for me. I'm headed out for an afternoon of floating on the Atlantic ocean.

"Batten down the hatches, full speed ahead, there's another boat with bikinis on the port bow. It doesn't get any better than this! :D "
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If there was a +1 or Thumbs up feature you'd get one for this comment haha XD

On topic yay more fixes!!! :D No seriously I'd rather have downtime then bug time. So keep up the hard work Cryptic, I still love you :D

its like that pretty girl from town who's boyfriend keeps beating her but she keeps staying 'n wont leave cause "she still loves him"
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    craig76 wrote: »
    i wish the whiners and cry babies would shut their mouths and give their bums a go!
    What you's dont realise, is they are working 7 days a week for ungrateful gits like you babies.
    At least the rest of us, are being patient, and know, oneday, that they will sort the issues out. So stop complaining, and give the guys credit!
    I dont blame bran flakes for locking the thread last night, you cry babies are a pack of little school girls......grow up!!!

Cryptic, keep up the awesome work you guys are doing, I am very grateful you are all trying to do your very best in fixing issues in-game :)

I'm a lifer, I bought the Legacy pack and I buy zen. That makes me a paying customer. As a paying customer I think it's reasonable to expect that the service that I pay for is provided in a satisfactory manner. You obviously don't.

In today's world entertainment is a paid service. Cable TV, movies at the cinema, paintball, going to see a play, all examples of paid entertainment services. If you paid for cable TV and it kept going down would you be OK with that? If you went to see a movie at the cinema and the projector kept stopping would you be happy with that? If you went paintballing and the gun kept on jamming would you be happy with that? If you went to see a play and the curtain kept closing would you be happy with that?

I appreciate that making an MMO is a hard job but this is what they're paid to do. Paid in part from my hard earned money. For us to expect service to be delivered in an acceptable manner is perfectly reasonable. For us to be disappointed that the service is not being delivered is also perfectly reasonable. If you don't think so then you remember that next time another service that you pay for in life goes awry. If you criticize that service provider you will have proved yourself to be a hypocrite of the highest order.
  • tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fewzz wrote: »
    I'm ok with downtime, but on a Sunday, are you serious?
    Couldnt you wait till midday on a Monday, one day wait too much??
    It is Sunday most of your players will be on at some stage ....

I'm sure the tech's/dev's are even happier having to do this on a Sunday.
    Give them a break ffs.
  • gcangelgcangel Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I thought we had shard maintenance yesterday, are the techs inept? If you can't fix the problem do us a favor and shut the business down. I am not paying out anymore money for this game till the idiots get their TRIBBLE together. TRIBBLE STO AND CRYPTIC!!!!!! And I get to do reviews for game review sites to you can imagine what is coming!!!!
  • thorkentthorkent Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Again, again, and again blaming for not testing things on Tribble. You can keep anything in a test server for one year, 2 years... doesen't matter, when you go live problems, and bugs gonna happen. Why? look at the queues of first days 10k 20k. You never gonna have so many ppl on a test server. And it's quite impossible to check everything, always some bugs find her way to live servers and when that happen maintenances are a must. I'm happy with that? ofc not, but is how this world works.
    Bugs must be studied before can be solved (and devs must be pretty sure that their solution nos broke anithing else). Cause that bugs must be solved one at time, and some of them are easier than others so we must learn to be patient. Otherwise the best thing we can do is uninstall the game.

Sorry for my english, I'm working on improve it but I'm a slow and lazy learner.
  • seal71seal71 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be honest this was always going to be expected really, combining Romulan and Federation tech has always caused major problems. :D
  • doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Who are you and what have you done with BranFlakes.

Did you kill him? Dezstravus sounds suspiciously like the name of a Tal Shiar agent.

If you look at Branflake's twitter, it says that he is spending the weekend with his family he hasn't seen in 6 months. So I guess that counts as a legitimate excuse for not working 24/7 :P
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello Captains !

Here is your daily emergency maintenance. Unfortunately its not possible at this time to fix the bugs in the game like the mail system and others.
    However here is another downtime so the servers will be half playable for a few hours today. Next emergency maintenance is planned for later today when the servers are overwhelmed by the amount of people who like to play on a holiday weekend.

Your Star Trek Offline Team
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • dllmmodllmmo Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder when you guys are going to fix all those bugs?! So much downtime you could have used the time to insert one or two fixes along the way. I'm not ungrateful, but I cannot understand why you're having so much trouble listening to the community.
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make it 10.000 free zen for everyone!

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gcangel wrote: »
    What I thought we had shard maintenance yesterday, are the techs inept? If you can't fix the problem do us a favor and shut the business down. I am not paying out anymore money for this game till the idiots get their TRIBBLE together. TRIBBLE STO AND CRYPTIC!!!!!! And I get to do reviews for game review sites to you can imagine what is coming!!!!

i remember when i had my first beer,

Note: you should drink beer if you're 12yrs old

Edit:2 LOL, should *not, is what i meant to say. i hope no 12 yr olds went 'n got drunk on account of me :/
  • spock5550spock5550 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice if Cryptic posted a list of fixes that are going in with this maintenance.
    That might stop a lot of people from complaining all the time. Just a thought... :)
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello Captains !

Here is your daily emergency maintenance. Unfortunately its not possible at this time to fix the bugs in the game like the mail system and others.
    However here is another downtime so the servers will be half playable for a few hours today. Next emergency maintenance is planned for later today when the servers are overwhelmed by the amount of people who like to play on a holiday weekend.

Your Star Trek Offline Team

lol all staff dont have Ensign as a forum rank. try again pal
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guilli88 wrote: »
    Make it 10.000 free zen for everyone!
    thats to mutch or you mean 2000 for every day with problems

but 1000 everyone should get now for the last days
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • rhiantrsahenrhiantrsahen Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not gonna lie, I'm a little annoyed there's a 2 hour maintenance during prime time on a holiday weekend. The way maintenance has gone lately, I'm not expecting servers to be up and stable for at least 4 hours. And even then, my expectations are quite low.

I'm not sure how I feel about my expectations being so low about this game and it's developer.
    edited May 2013
    [/QUOTE]
    spock5550 wrote: »
    It would be nice it Cryptic posted a list of fixes that are going in with this maintenance.
    That might stop a lot of people from complaining all the time. Just a thought... :)

No fixes, just "server stability improvements"

I'm betting the devs aren't working for a week, which is usual after major expansions "as a reward"!

No fixes to the hundreds of broken features and bugs for at least another two weeks.

sig

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
    edited May 2013
    spock5550 wrote: »
    It would be nice it Cryptic posted a list of fixes that are going in with this maintenance.

Dr. Gillian Taylor: Whoever said the human race was logical?
    http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0001439/quotes
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
  • joshuar702joshuar702 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whelp, this is kinda the last straw for me as a potential new player. Between all the maintenance and the log in issues, and just the general shadiness of the currency system, I think I will pass on Star Trek online. Maybe I just caught the game at the wrong time, but my business has definitely not been earned.
    edited May 2013
    On top of that, the sheer lack of communication from the dev team is atrocious. No word on which bugs they're investigating, what has internally been fixed already, what is coming when.

I -hope- they lose a lot of costumers due to this lack of communication. The only way for a business to learn is to take away their income!

sig

• lowqfahlowqfah Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    zachy011 wrote: »
    I'm guessing a stability update means less crashes? It made me mad when they had to take the share down for "Emergancy Maintenence" so maybe more servers?

'Stability update' is Cryptic code for "We need to do maintenance tonight at prime time, institute the crash at 7:30 PM EDT protocol. :)

I am glad to see things are being fixed; however, I am disappointed that in a launch this hyped basic things like mail which have been working for 3 years got bugged.
    edited May 2013
    guilli88 wrote: »
    On top of that, the sheer lack of communication from the dev team is atrocious. No word on which bugs they're investigating, what has internally been fixed already, what is coming when.

I -hope- they lose a lot of costumers due to this lack of communication. The only way for a business to learn is to take away their income!

Captain Montgomery Scott: Inform them of what? A new weapon that's invisible? Raving lunatics, that's what they'll call us! They'll say we're so desperate to exonerate the captain that we'll say anything.
This discussion has been closed.