What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Announcement (May 26, 2013 - 7AM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Originally Posted by craig76
    i wish the whiners and cry babies would shut their mouths

While I agree in principle with what you said, I would like to point out that if it weren't for the whiners and cry babies, us actual gamers would be a lot more bored while the servers are down ;)
  • lex1conlex1con Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I agree in principle with what you said, I would like to point out that if it weren't for the whiners and cry babies, us actual gamers would be a lot more bored while the servers are down ;)

That is sooooo right. lmao :D:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • no0nexxno0nexx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the server is down:( , so i went outside does anyone know what the big yellow thing in the sky is that hurts my eyes??
  • uli1970uli1970 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tantho wrote: »
    I'm sure the tech's/dev's are even happier having to do this on a Sunday.
    Give them a break ffs.
    Some humans allways trying to be the "best" slave, in Hope to have a privileged life than all other slaves! Or the Person is somehow reletiated to criptyc
  • starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no0nexx wrote: »
    the server is down:( , so i went outside does anyone know what the big yellow thing in the sky is that hurts my eyes??

Those things are called "stars" and you cannot target and shoot them.

I have tried.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stulloyd wrote: »
    I would like to make a suggestion.
    Surely running a game on a server that hosts, Muiltiple games for PWE 24hrs a day without shutting them down for maintaince, barr for when there is a new patch added. Which even then would mean every game hosted on the Server would have to be patched at the same time which I can't see happening. So servers must be running 24hrs a day. Surely cannot be healthy for the servers. My god. If you leave your PC on 24hrs a day, then eventually things start going wrong. After about a week. You have to shut it off for a few hrs. Let it cool down & recoup.
    I personally think a majority of these issues that STO & other PWE games are suffering is cause they all share the same server that is running literally 24hrs a day. With massive traffic that they were possibly never meant to handle 24/7.
    Shut them down for an Hour a day. Let them cool off. Possibly get a few new servers to handle the amount of players from these multiple games running thruogh the same server. Take a littl load of the current servers. Or heres another Idea. if you want to run a game 24hrs a day. Have more than 1 server. Have a couple of Backup servers that can take over when the main server needs maintainance. It's the most logical option. No money loss, no losss of Customers then if 1 server breaks down & needs Repair. Plus u can patch like a 30min patch ever day if u do take servers off to continually sort out any game Stability issues with it. Again most sense made.

Who is going to pay for this?
  • bullschizzybullschizzy Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope this also fixes the Rommie mission that through me into a RA that is completed and I cant turn in...
    "buying a subscription to STO is a lot like feeding pigeons, you give them food, they give you.......well you know":rolleyes:
  • dllmmodllmmo Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no0nexx wrote: »

Guess it's the meteorite that is coming for you.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Oh too true, I imagine it's what Kirk did when the Enterprise was getting refitted, he'd go to a Klingon bar and just stand there bold as brass waiting for trouble to keep himself entertained.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a2754 wrote: »
    Wow...when are you guys going to fix all the other issues in the game that you have recently caused due to your LOR release that was BETA tested to death and 100% A-Ok to release.....lol...just incase you don't know what issues here's some --> http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=709911

^^^ Dude give your head a shake & stop going to the bum....you seem to forget that we are the customer....we pay for them to have a job.....would you be happy if you brought your teenie boopper gf to a burger shop and paid your $5 allowance money for a burger only find a giant piece of snot in it ??? No...you'd complain till you were blue in the face on how it wasn't right to get a burger with a piece of snot in it....same principal....so get off the brown nosing.

^^^ And the reason why everyone is crying is because some of us have paid over $400 for a product that is promissed and never delivered....it's principal....if you pay for a product or service then you expect to recieve it right ??? Same thing IF you go to work....you work you butt off for your pay cheque....now what would you say if your boss kept telling you he'd pay you, but never did......again same principal.

Give your head a shake !!!!

P.S it's "Worse" not "badder".....I think they still teach some grammer & spelling in school do they not ???

wow....really....did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? stop berating people already....and hmm.....you might want to proof read your own post before berating people on spelling....lmao at you
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • leendert1980leendert1980 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    I tried to understand this but I actually have no clue what you're getting at here. I'm a big Star Trek fan, I'm no lifer, I'm not a subscriber, I would but my current economic state does not allow it, I really enjoy the game, I don't play anything else any more which is why I'd consider getting lifetime/pay monthly if I had the money, they don't force anyone to pay and again I have no clue what you're getting at.

your bla bla bla that more what ebverbody needs 62 hours in mounth almost 3 fool day's that i means wie pay for it
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ITT: Advice from people who have NO IDEA how data centers work. :rolleyes:
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • thetraveler82thetraveler82 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is my opinion on STO after some 5 months of playing it. I mean, continuous so-called emergency maintenance sessions, tons of 'bugs', enormous memory consumption and high strain on the CPU...

Wouldn't you agree, dear 'cryptic' ones? :)
    I love Science! STO science. B)
  • alvarogarayalvarogaray Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of these people are why the Romulan's and Klingons hate Humans so much and much more so all the federation. God could you imagine if the borg assimilated all of the crybaby's and complainers Talk about Chaos. You would need 3 Cubes of nothing but Borg queens just to bring order to that chaos.
  • trbblemedictrbblemedic Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WOW-EEE!! I wish I had some of the passion on this forum involved with building my fleet. I would be level 5 in a month hahaha.

"Just sitting back drinking my coffee waiting to play the game"
    edited May 2013
    your bla bla bla that more what ebverbody needs 62 hours in mounth almost 3 fool day's that i means wie pay for it

I think you need to start using a spell checker and grammar checker. lmao :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Next three years do maintance at 7PM PDT to equalize the balance.

I mostly see european players complain about maintenance. So moving maintenace to 7PM PDT would reduce the ammount of complaints as US players seem to have no issue with maintenance windows.
  • hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uli1970 wrote: »
    Some humans allways trying to be the "best" slave, in Hope to have a privileged life than all other slaves! Or the Person is somehow reletiated to criptyc

Or...and go with me here - I'm just kinda blue skying it but there may just be something to this crazy idea...maybe some humans have actually had to function in the real world, possibly even in similar fields, and they have an actual understanding of how major software updates can impact a previously acceptable service. Maybe these same humans have also had to be on call to work weekends and other odd hours in support of said major upgrades. Maybe they know these things, no matter how much they may suck, are just a matter of course. And maybe some of these humans are kicking back drinking their coffee, and instead of being upset over it, they are chuckling a little at a 7 AM server maintenance call (on a Sunday morning in the middle of a holiday weekend) and thinking "Damn, sucks to be you guys, glad its not me this time" instead of being all bent out of shape.

Or maybe they realize that THIS IS JUST A FREAKING GAME and if it requires some extra down time to get things done, then oh well...
  • groxen98groxen98 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everytime I would look a the Tiercel Shuttle in the ship requisition, sto would crash:mad: and cryptic error will form and then 8 seconds later before typing anything:rolleyes: it will crash too so maybe they will fix that.
  • leendert1980leendert1980 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lex1con wrote: »
    I think you need to start using a spell checker and grammar checker. lmao :eek:

no my english not great and i make some mistaks bud that normale ore not some times typing to fast
  • twoofnine1twoofnine1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stulloyd wrote: »
    I would like to make a suggestion.
    Surely running a game on a server that hosts, Muiltiple games for PWE 24hrs a day without shutting them down for maintaince, barr for when there is a new patch added. Which even then would mean every game hosted on the Server would have to be patched at the same time which I can't see happening. So servers must be running 24hrs a day. Surely cannot be healthy for the servers. My god. If you leave your PC on 24hrs a day, then eventually things start going wrong. After about a week. You have to shut it off for a few hrs. Let it cool down & recoup.
    I personally think a majority of these issues that STO & other PWE games are suffering is cause they all share the same server that is running literally 24hrs a day. With massive traffic that they were possibly never meant to handle 24/7.
    Shut them down for an Hour a day. Let them cool off. Possibly get a few new servers to handle the amount of players from these multiple games running thruogh the same server. Take a littl load of the current servers. Or heres another Idea. if you want to run a game 24hrs a day. Have more than 1 server. Have a couple of Backup servers that can take over when the main server needs maintainance. It's the most logical option. No money loss, no losss of Customers then if 1 server breaks down & needs Repair. Plus u can patch like a 30min patch ever day if u do take servers off to continually sort out any game Stability issues with it. Again most sense made.

um my pc has been up with out a restart for 276days7hrs13mins6secs

and my server
    System uptime 21 days, 7 hours, 24 minutes
    edited May 2013
    another 135MB patch... what are these?
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Probably the stability enhancements. But that's just a guess.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a2754 wrote: »
    Wow...when are you guys going to fix all the other issues in the game that you have recently caused due to your LOR release that was BETA tested to death and 100% A-Ok to release.....lol...just incase you don't know what issues here's some --> http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=709911

^^^ Dude give your head a shake & stop going to the bum....you seem to forget that we are the customer....we pay for them to have a job.....would you be happy if you brought your teenie boopper gf to a burger shop and paid your $5 allowance money for a burger only find a giant piece of snot in it ??? No...you'd complain till you were blue in the face on how it wasn't right to get a burger with a piece of snot in it....same principal....so get off the brown nosing.

^^^ And the reason why everyone is crying is because some of us have paid over $400 for a product that is promissed and never delivered....it's principal....if you pay for a product or service then you expect to recieve it right ??? Same thing IF you go to work....you work you butt off for your pay cheque....now what would you say if your boss kept telling you he'd pay you, but never did......again same principal.

Give your head a shake !!!!

P.S it's "Worse" not "badder".....I think they still teach some grammer & spelling in school do they not ???

sheesh Who pissed in your wheaties
  • thetraveler82thetraveler82 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello! :) I looked for the source of the quote from your signature, but I couldn't find it. Please, explain to me the subliminal connection between unanimous use of a "Mac" and the NASA / ESA / JAXA / RosCosmos *joint* space programmes. :D

Thank you!
    I love Science! STO science. B)
  • georgeorwingeorgeorwin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    twoofnine1 wrote: »
    um my pc has been up with out a restart for 276days7hrs13mins6secs

You don't patch your system?
    edited May 2013

That are 135 M(inor)B(ugs) to be implemented each time.
    edited May 2013
    no my english not great and i make some mistaks bud that normale ore not some times typing to fast

Here, use this it might make things easier for us.

translate.google.co.uk/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I think my universal translator is broken... But from what I understand you're complaining that you're paying for downtime... I'm pretty sure there'll be something in the terms and conditions you agreed to that will say something along the lines of "this game may be subject to periods of maintenance in which the server will be taken offline to fix issues" to play the game you'll have clicked agree... So not really anyone's fault but yours if you didn't read through that, when I did have some money I did put some into the game, I got a ship and some other stuff so I'm not 100% free to pay but I'm not moaning because I can't play in the ship I paid money for instead I patiently wait to be able to use that ship in a more stable game environment, which is what these patches are for. The issues I listed are simply things I have noticed, a lot of which PWE are aware of, fixed or unfixed most are not game-breaking and therefore do not need priority, I simply put them up there as feedback.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • groxen98groxen98 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Greetings Captains,

We will be performing a maintenance on Sunday, May 26, at 7:00 a.m. PDT to deploy a stability update. We anticipate that this maintenance will take approximately two hours.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-Dezstravus and the Star Trek Online Team
    Everytime I would look a the Tiercel Shuttle in the ship requisition, sto would crash and cryptic error will form and then 8 seconds later before typing anything it will crash too so maybe they will fix that.
This discussion has been closed.