test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Announcement (May 26, 2013 - 7AM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    idhasrkahn wrote: »
    ive still not been able to patch since release, ive sent several tickets, and get nothing but automated responses saying the issue is solved, but still cannot patch. its almost been a week since i could get on, and i was a daily player until the release date. ive uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times but when downloading patch the launcher stalls out somewhere between 500mb left and 1.5 gb to download, this last attempt ive been stuck on 700mb for 3 days, ive restarted launcher, especailly after maintenances and it will download 35mb and then freeze up again, any one have any ideas how to circumvent this?

Maybe ths will help:
    Unistall the game
    Delete ALL files in game folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios)
    Clean computer with CCleaner (temp files)
    Restart PC
    Install the game in diferent folder - like D:\STO
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its now 1 15 pm here
  • kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anyone know what time would this be in uk please :)

Its 4PM for Europe - 1,44h from now
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • valetheonvaletheon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its now 1 15 pm here

Ahh Ok

/10 char
    "Sometimes we're freakin idiots, and that's fun" -Fleetmate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One of many reminders that i'm not a REAL Romulan. >_<
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kriss257 wrote: »
    Its 4PM for Europe - 1,44h from now

Europe is +1 from UK time fyi :)
    I need a beer.

• ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Errr. Europe like the U.S has a few timezones, not one. lol

Anyway, for the UK since we're on BST (British Summer time) the server will come down at 3PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical
  • xiltynxiltyn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    latinumbar wrote: »

oh just great... not only a Tal Shiar agent.. but probably a freaking drow at that!!!

:rolleyes:(cackles diabolically):D
  • dem613dem613 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anyone know what time would this be in uk please :)

EDT is +3 PDT (eg if it is 9 am in PDT it would be 12 pm in EDT), and then add 5 hours

So, 7 am PDT is 10 pm EST which is 3 pm GMT (UK time)
  • dragon47dragon47 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valetheon wrote: »
    Not saying us here in the U.S. are entitled or anything, but i'm sure MMO company's in other countries like yours probably follow the same practice. So if STO was Europe based i'm sure we'd be the ones wondering what the hell they were thinking doing patches in our prime time.

More likely, it's due to the fact that the early morning hours of any US-based MMO are historically the lowest point of concurrency, or the time frame when the server populations are at their average lowest point.

Essentially, it's a decision between ticking off 1000 people or ticking off 10,000 people (numbers assigned arbitrarily). Either way, someone's getting mad, so you factor that out of the equation. It bites, but it is what it is.
  • x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay! More maintenance with the same excuse of "stability fixes" Im betting it will be less stable and there will be more maintenance tomorrow! :rolleyes:
  • chaosuk83chaosuk83 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh I soo hope they get the servers working properly soon....fed up with the reruns of"yesterdays problems"!
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope this finally fixes the stability issues, Cryptic.

As for everyone else, they're doing the best they can. I'd rather be without the game for 2 hours and have it run smoothly afterwards than have the game server crash in the middle of prime time and not be fixed for a whole day! They're picking the lesser of two evils!

As for the servers going down in European prime time (I live in UK, btw), oh well. It doesn't matter what time they do this, they're gonna tick someone off. You can live without STO for one day. There are several other things you could occupy your time with. Dare I say, outdoors? Maybe have a game of cards. Or maybe watch a DVD. There are plenty of ways to entertain yourselves. Pick one.
  • camhortocamhorto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so, this is the legacy of romulus. maintenance every other day that only brings us lag
    So, this is the Legacy of Romulus...
    Patches every other day, lag, patches, queues are bugged, patches, server lag, patches, server offline... Whats next?
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chaosuk83 wrote: »
    Oh I soo hope they get the servers working properly soon....fed up with the reruns of"yesterdays problems"!

Haha. Good one.
  • mwildermwilder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    archer6621 wrote: »
    not only do i hope this fixes with the prob that every1 been having also can we have a sand buggy or a atv for nimbus 3?

Omg yes can we get one like Picard and Data and Wolf had, that would be so COOL
    Liberty Task Force
    "Liberty, Equality, Justice, Peace & Cooperation"

http://www.libertytaskforce.com
  • alvarogarayalvarogaray Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I seriously wonder how many of these complainers are really european and how many are american or other. Because from the feel of it they are all looking to just complain ***** and moan. I mean come off you little high horse and get over it. This is a computer game there are bound to be bugs in it hell I couldnt play sto for over 8 months because of the launcher not working. I am greatful that Sto is around as I am a massive trekie and I would die with out my Startrek fix.
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I seriously wonder how many of these complainers are really european and how many are american or other. Because from the feel of it they are all looking to just complain ***** and moan. I mean come off you little high horse and get over it. This is a computer game there are bound to be bugs in it hell I couldnt play sto for over 8 months because of the launcher not working. I am greatful that Sto is around as I am a massive trekie and I would die with out my Startrek fix.

some of us pay good money to play the game, not see it offline every day its a joke. they should fix it yes but if they cant fix it work on it and do it on maintenance day not taking play time off players who pay
  • borthaniusborthanius Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, 6 days since LOR release & now the sixth maintenance (5th emergency)... Cryptic can you say rushed out the door? Can you say .5 mule? Not enough testing on Tribble to forsee? Try offering some real incentives to test this stuff out properly & avoid the classic Cryptic SOP of .5 mule.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just look up. Just read the comments. You will find 95% are crybabies: "Why does it have to be down when I can play?" "It isnt gonna work, stop doing maintenance!" "What free stuff is gonna be our compensation?" and so on.

Maintenance is to be expected.
    Fact: after every season launch there are bugs that aren't capable of being found in Tribble due to many more players in-game.
    Fact: Legacy of Romulus brought thousands of players back to the game (check any Fleet, they have offliners returning to them), so the servers have even more problems than usual.
    Fact: Every maintenance fixes something. The first maintenance after LoR launch fixed the login queues. The Cryptic team is doing one hell of a job of getting this game run smoothly.
    Fact: Taking the servers offline for 2 hours a day isn't gonna kill anybody. It is a great game, but not the real life. And if STO is your real life, well, then you are gonna need the downtime.
    Fact: Being inable to play for a few hours is way better than playing a game with bugs, this way you don't loose on experiencing LoR.
    Fact: The players who are yelling out need this maintenance. Why? Apparently for them the only thing they can do when we have Star Trek Offline is going to the forums and start yelling.

Fortunately there are people out there that go to the forums to support the Cryptic team. They are working as hard as they can to give us the best possible game experience. So far in LoR, I love everything. The story is great, everything looks beautiful. I think that the ones yelling up here are forgetting that job well done.

Keep going Cryptic, the real fans of your game are gonna be here when you finished improving our experience.
  • coldfusion2012coldfusion2012 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for those people who are complaining about the time not being an issue here is an answer i pay a monthly sub and there for am a paying customer,however the downtime that the server has maintenance is slam bang when i tend too play the game i do not wait around all day just to see if i can play so this last week i have basically paid not too play the game
    hmmm i wonder if all the peeps in the same boat as me cancelled they sub intill this is sorted would it get sorted faster
    IT'S WORSE THAN THAT IT'S A GAME JIM
  • wolfieebryanwolfieebryan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another day another offline for about 2 hours. This has become a daily thing and yet the only problem I have is the mailbox not being able to delete messages. Everything else is fine
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How cool would it be if they got it right this time so I don't continually lose a couple hours in my main playing time every couple of days?
  • gigio65gigio65 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    craig76 wrote: »
    i wish the whiners and cry babies would shut their mouths and give their bums a go!
    What you's dont realise, is they are working 7 days a week for ungrateful gits like you babies.
    At least the rest of us, are being patient, and know, oneday, that they will sort the issues out. So stop complaining, and give the guys credit!
    I dont blame bran flakes for locking the thread last night, you cry babies are a pack of little school girls......grow up!!!

Cryptic, keep up the awesome work you guys are doing, I am very grateful you are all trying to do your very best in fixing issues in-game :)

I am giving them credits, my hard working credits! :p
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GL with the update. The game seemed pretty stable last night so any improvements will be a plus.

(ya, the is a stealth bump post)
    ;)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Free 2000 zen for everyone as compensation maybe? At least!

Tired of having my gaming sessions interrupted every single day. Either Lag, maintenance or queues.

At least reset every timer after a maintanance (dilithium refine and dailies)

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • ericandrewrossericandrewross Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this stuff really pisses me off. You had time in closed Beta and Tribble to find and fix problems, but now, in my prime gaming time, you have to go offline for 2 hours. Guess I will play SWTOR during those 2 hours... since that is also a fun game based off a Sci Fi hit I love I wonder if I will remember to come back with my hard earned money in 2 hours... 2 days... 2 weeks?

Start listening to your testers and fix things in Beta so you do not lose even more paying customers then you already have.
    Vice Admiral Ross
    and others too numerous to name...
  • demonicon2222demonicon2222 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is getting ridiculous
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm ok with downtime, but on a Sunday, are you serious?
    Couldnt you wait till midday on a Monday, one day wait too much??
    It is Sunday most of your players will be on at some stage ....
    edited May 2013
    huh how come its still showing server online ???
    :confused:
    edited May 2013
    YAY holo is already patched im just waiting for 2 hours for nothing lmao:D
This discussion has been closed.