test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Announcement (May 26, 2013 - 7AM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• iggygreeniggygreen Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh goody more maintenance in Europe prime time, why dont you guys just openly tell europe players to push off and be done with it
  • pwetacodeathpwetacodeath Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully they fix the Warp-Out bug that everyone has been experiencing as well.
    Kind of annoying trying to get into Mirror Invasion and only able to do one run in the hour allotted due to auto-warping out.

On the plus side, even though there are a few expected bugs (and some unexpected) overall, the whole Legacy of Romulus ROCKS
    I am not a Mod. I am just a player. You have been informed :cool:
  • vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This feels like a week old MMO not one thats over 3 years old.

For some reason I read that as :

"This feels like a wreck of an MMO"

Must need new glasses
  • jlebeckjlebeck Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    craig76 wrote: »
    i wish the whiners and cry babies would shut their mouths and give their bums a go!
    What you's dont realise, is they are working 7 days a week for ungrateful gits like you babies.
    At least the rest of us, are being patient, and know, oneday, that they will sort the issues out. So stop complaining, and give the guys credit!
    I dont blame bran flakes for locking the thread last night, you cry babies are a pack of little school girls......grow up!!!

Cryptic, keep up the awesome work you guys are doing, I am very grateful you are all trying to do your very best in fixing issues in-game :)

Well said!! I'm sure the Devs are as frustrated that these new seasons don't go without hitch but I'm sure they're doing their utmost to resolve the issues.
    The Continuing Voyages of Bridge Commander
    Captain Lee Drake - USS Sovereign
    Captain Draxon - IKS RanKuf
    Commander Torenn - IRW Soryak
    Captain Gregory MacCray - USS Geronimo
  • starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iggygreen wrote: »
    oh goody more maintenance in Europe prime time, why dont you guys just openly tell europe players to push off and be done with it

Out of curiousity, when do you think they, or any other company, should be scheduling maint/updates?

I really don't think there's a "sweet spot" of time. We live in a global world now...
  • iggygreeniggygreen Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its not that its occasionally in euro prime time its ALWAYS in euro prime time EVERY DAMN TIME, i perfectly understand the requirements for maintenance but they always put it at the worst time for those of us that are not in the US.
  • ru4tedwardru4tedward Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are the login problems going to get fixed? Some of us would like to SEE the new stuff....

ya know, so we can whine about THOSE problems too... :)
  • ixas1980ixas1980 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @a2754: Sorry, but I?m german and not a native english.

@iggygreen: It?s primetime in europe but 7 in the morning on a sunday in the US.
  • haubrockhaubrock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First thing: You did a great job on the LoR content and the designs,
    But well, its all about the same problem:
    The Cryptic PWE Devs or who ever is in charge there. The poor guys that work on the servers are just following orders, while the guys up there in the ranks are too greedy to buy a second bigger server or servers for all the games they have...
    It is sad that you test a game on a testserver just to find out, that when the real deal launches, they start working on bugs. Its a statement of cheap poorness of a company if you treat a bunch of customers in europe this way. There is a timeframe between european and american primetime, why not maintain the bandates on the server in this timeframe? start 30 min in american and end 30 min in european primetime, that leds you guys enough time to TRIBBLE up more things.
    And btw, seriously, working on the serverstability every day... that sounds really... like you are unable to di your work...
  • starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haubrock wrote: »
    The Cryptic PWE Devs or who ever is in charge there. The poor guys that work on the servers are just following orders, while the guys up there in the ranks are too greedy to buy a second bigger server or servers for all the games they have...

What the heck do you think happened after Thursday's maintenance when suddenly everyone could get on with no queues again? I mean, you'd have to be deluding yourself to think that STO had just as much traffic after LoR release as it did before.

A magic code fix that allowed another 20,000 people to log in while simultaneously fixing the lag?
    Seems way more likely that they went and rented a second datacenter for a month or two to deal with the huge traffic increase.
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Romulan and kdf content is proving more popular than they obviously anticipated!
  • coldfusion2012coldfusion2012 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow another chance too use the greatest graphics chip known to man our imagination LOR rocks lol
    IT'S WORSE THAN THAT IT'S A GAME JIM
  • spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bran is spending time with his family, he deserves it and I hope he enjoys the weekend.

On a more annoying note. AGAIN? for the love of GOD, set crews to fix this flipping problem already, not cut 2 hours every day out of prime gametime in europe.

or get the fixes in during night time in europe, not at the ******n prime game time.
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i can only hope that after this patch it lets me back into the game as after yesterdays maintenance i have been unable to access the game always getting this msg on my screen after logging into the login section Couldn't create D3D device. D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain failed E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057) i would be happy to know if anyone has this problem
    The True King In The North
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Who are you and what have you done with BranFlakes.

Did you kill him? Dezstravus sounds suspiciously like the name of a Tal Shiar agent.

You made my day man...the server down may come!:) LMAO
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klaitu wrote: »
    You'll probably get less fallout from maintenance if you were just to book every day from 7-9... make it a regular thing, since it is a regular thing.

Everyday.... let's say no. Terrible time for Europe...
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unlike alot of the other forums posters i have not had problems getting logged into the game and have been playing LoR just fine...i hope now that the rest of the forum population can get into your game Cryptic....your "server stability and maintenance patches" are starting to get old...i really cannot see any reason why this is happening other than you could not...would not, test things any better before pushing them to a "live" server.....as i've read....most of these problems were pointed out to you on tribble last week...and you did nothing to resolve any of the reported problems....so sad at your response.....sigh
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Next time please patch at 7PM PDT instead of 7AM PDT !!!

(Or in case of fairness alternate between 7AM and 7PM, so that not ALLWAYS the European players suffer the most from this downtime):mad:
  • captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [QUOTE=craig76;10356161
    What you's dont realise, is they are working 7 days a week.
    At least the rest of us, are being patient, and know, oneday, that they will sort the issues out. So stop complaining, and give the guys credit!
    I dont blame bran flakes for locking the thread last night,

Cryptic, keep up the awesome work you guys are doing, I am very grateful you are all trying to do your very best in fixing issues in-game :)[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, Cryptic have been working so hard for use players to create Season 8 Legacy of Romulus and I would say to have maintenance time is a blessing. Every so often on starships, Engineers have to do overhalls and engineering is always testing systems, never do you see the engineers not attending to the ship.

Well done Cryptic keep up the good work, The faithful players appreciate your work:)
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • idhasrkahnidhasrkahn Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ive still not been able to patch since release, ive sent several tickets, and get nothing but automated responses saying the issue is solved, but still cannot patch. its almost been a week since i could get on, and i was a daily player until the release date. ive uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times but when downloading patch the launcher stalls out somewhere between 500mb left and 1.5 gb to download, this last attempt ive been stuck on 700mb for 3 days, ive restarted launcher, especailly after maintenances and it will download 35mb and then freeze up again, any one have any ideas how to circumvent this?
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Two random things you could try, don't know how useful they will actually be:

1) Signup for tribble and download the entire client, then try and patch holodeck

2) Download the game through steam
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I agree with you, Cryptic have been working so hard for use players to create Season 8 Legacy of Romulus and I would say to have maintenance time is a blessing. Every so often on starships, Engineers have to do overhalls and engineering is always testing systems, never do you see the engineers not attending to the ship.

Well done Cryptic keep up the good work, The faithful players appreciate your work:)

But why allways patching in europe's prime time ???

An not in fairness alternate between 7AM and 7PM, so that not ALLWAYS the European players suffer the most from this downtime)
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    craig76 wrote: »
    i wish the whiners and cry babies would shut their mouths and give their bums a go!
    What you's dont realise, is they are working 7 days a week for ungrateful gits like you babies.
    I dont blame bran flakes for locking the thread last night, you cry babies are a pack of little school girls......grow up!!!

Cryptic, keep up the awesome work you guys are doing, I am very grateful you are all trying to do your very best in fixing issues in-game :)

Come off it, would ya!? They're not running a charity, you know!? They're having customers pay thru their noses! I've been out of it myself, for like 8 months, and when I came back, I saw they still haven't fixed even a tiny thing as my bofs hovering ca. 20cm above their seats on the bridge of my mobius temporal ship. These people fix ****, ever! All they do is work on newer ****, to have you spend more money.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i hope you fix the mailbox deletions, I'm trying to send my mails to all those newly created accounts but I cannot find any mails I didn't empty already, that 100 item limit is STUPID! I can't play my romulan because I keep important stuff in shared back like commodities and crafting mats so errybody can access them, but because I can't send my mk XII polaron cannons to my romulan I can't play this game.

Put the item limit to 400 or some ****, and allow us to delete mail.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • derqstartrekderqstartrek Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klaitu wrote: »
    You'll probably get less fallout from maintenance if you were just to book every day from 7-9... make it a regular thing, since it is a regular thing.

The other alternative is to wait until your fix is actually ready and just implement it all at once.

In Europa (Netherlands etc.) this means from 16.00 til 18.00 in the afternoon, every day !!! No, thanks we don't want this... :-((
  • ijimithyijimithy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to jump in on this but I have been playing this game since after it launched and don't get me wrong I love being able to fly around in ships and doing missions on Fed and Rommy sides etc BUT having the maintenance or emergency maintenance during European timezone is a kick in the teeth. I re subbed to gold because I wanted the stipend and the few other features and I buy C Store Ships because I want quality not TRIBBLE but when its down it's like your treating everyone on the European side like second class citizens. Make the maintenance earlier so its in the afternoon and even earlier in the morning for the US or how about get separate servers but have a link between them so if an EU player wanted to they could play with their US Counterparts.

I should stress that I am a loyal fan of this game and I know the Devs are working incredibly hard to fix all the bugs (and new content launches are often full of them so its kinda expected) but maybe someone above the Devs needs to get more staff. I'm fully aware companies are out for profit but you won't have profit if you fan base decides it's had enough and jumped ship to another MMO. Coming to think about it the Pandas in WoW aren't so bad and they don't bug out...

I'll keep playing this game but at some point I'm going to quit and probably a lot of others would too with all the stuff happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Drama, No Fuss, Just good old fashioned pew pew!
  • valetheonvaletheon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    totenmet wrote: »
    But why allways patching in europe's prime time ???

An not in fairness alternate between 7AM and 7PM, so that not ALLWAYS the European players suffer the most from this downtime)

It's a US based business man... Most people work during the day 8-5 etc. in ANY timezone so of course they are going to apply more patches first thing in the a.m. during their shift. Why come back into work late at night just to run a patch/fix?

Not saying us here in the U.S. are entitled or anything, but i'm sure MMO company's in other countries like yours probably follow the same practice. So if STO was Europe based i'm sure we'd be the ones wondering what the hell they were thinking doing patches in our prime time. :eek: :D

Either way someone gets screwed :/
    "Sometimes we're freakin idiots, and that's fun" -Fleetmate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One of many reminders that i'm not a REAL Romulan. >_<
  • antaran5antaran5 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't mind the dailly maint as i'm from SWG where the servers were down dailly for 2 hour maint, like others have mentioned it's just the timing thats frustrating as i'm in UK the times are 3pm till 5pm on average, this is one of my quiet times while kids are eating tea, any chance of some Euro love with timings now and then please.
    I love the expansion and will be taking advantage of the lifetime sale roughly 5 days before it's due to end, always told myself next sale i'd purchase i just didn't expect it to be when i'd already forked out for the legacy pack lol, with that said yeah i'm disappointed about the downtime and patches and remaining bugs but aside from the long que and random disconnects they're not game breaking, just annoying.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Edmund Burke
  • captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anyone know what time would this be in uk please :)
  • valetheonvaletheon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anyone know what time would this be in uk please :)

3pm? I think if I read your guys time right. :confused:
    "Sometimes we're freakin idiots, and that's fun" -Fleetmate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One of many reminders that i'm not a REAL Romulan. >_<
This discussion has been closed.