test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance Announcement (May 26, 2013 - 7AM PDT) [Complete!]

dezstravusdezstravus Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 2 Arc User
Greetings Captains,

We will be performing a maintenance on Sunday, May 26, at 7:00 a.m. PDT to deploy a stability update. We anticipate that this maintenance will take approximately two hours.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-Dezstravus and the Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who are you and what have you done with BranFlakes.

Did you kill him? Dezstravus sounds suspiciously like the name of a Tal Shiar agent.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shhhh. He knows your on to himJEX...:eek:
  • Options
    archer6621archer6621 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Greetings Captains,

We will be performing a maintenance on Sunday, May 26, at 7:00 a.m. PDT to deploy a stability update. We anticipate that this maintenance will take approximately two hours.

not only do i hope this fixes with the prob that every1 been having also can we have a sand buggy or a atv for nimbus 3?
    ya im a red shirt so what im a master at being cannon fodder so what?:cool:
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bran has obviously passed out in his cubicle...

:eek:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    dem613dem613 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will this fix the problem of people being constantly disconnected from the server? If so, how?

For example, every 1.5 minutes, my connection gets lost and I'm sen't to the log in screen. It gets worse when I do log in and then it logs me out (this could happen twice in a row to me)
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So this is Romulus' legacy.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Greetings Captains,

I also hope this fixes the Delete email problem
  • Options
    klaituklaitu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You'll probably get less fallout from maintenance if you were just to book every day from 7-9... make it a regular thing, since it is a regular thing.

The other alternative is to wait until your fix is actually ready and just implement it all at once.
  • Options
    zachy011zachy011 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm guessing a stability update means less crashes? It made me mad when they had to take the share down for "Emergancy Maintenence" so maybe more servers?
  • Options
    asheistheravenasheistheraven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just happy to be back on with my Romulan. We're cool.
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will be holding my breath on this maintenance. I will be crossing my fingers too. Just got back on after 4 days and I just hope that login problem won't happen again. Well we will see...
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    rhyspeacesrhyspeaces Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    will this fix roms not getting into ker'rat as we are missing a large source of income without it? (well I am lol)
  • Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't tell I am happy for this... every day a maintenance, again in the few hours I can play!!!! At least will this maintenance fix any of several bugs in lor?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • Options
    admiraldeathladmiraldeathl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »

Did you kill him? Dezstravus sounds suspiciously like the name of a Tal Shiar agent.

If there was a +1 or Thumbs up feature you'd get one for this comment haha XD

On topic yay more fixes!!! :D No seriously I'd rather have downtime then bug time. So keep up the hard work Cryptic, I still love you :D
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It was kind of expected. The first week after the release of Season 8 (Legacy of Romulus), just like any season before, brought us daily meowntenance and foundry downtime for two weeks to follow. However, in purrvious seasons, they infact did not do meowntenance on weekends. It would also be nice to shift around the times a bit, not always during European prime time (and yes, on weekends, everything past 4 in the afternoon is cunsidered prime time and it's again 16:00 to 18:00 for central Europe, with the usual 45 - 60 minutes of Extension, it's gunna be back at 19:00). People have to get out of bed on Munday morning, most of them before 7:00, so there is about two hours left to actually play.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013

BranFlakes tweeted that he's with family right now.

Of course, that's exactly what a Tal Shiar agent would do to throw us off the trail...
  • Options
    asheistheravenasheistheraven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought we were his family.... :(
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i wish the whiners and cry babies would shut their mouths and give their bums a go!
    What you's dont realise, is they are working 7 days a week for ungrateful gits like you babies.
    At least the rest of us, are being patient, and know, oneday, that they will sort the issues out. So stop complaining, and give the guys credit!
    I dont blame bran flakes for locking the thread last night, you cry babies are a pack of little school girls......grow up!!!

Cryptic, keep up the awesome work you guys are doing, I am very grateful you are all trying to do your very best in fixing issues in-game :)
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I believe he is one of the Neverwinter devs
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?290871-Patch-Notes-NW-1-20130416a-34-39
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    craig76 wrote: »
    i wish the whiners and cry babies would shut their mouths and give their bums a go!
    What you's dont realise, is they are working 7 days a week for ungrateful gits like you babies.
    At least the rest of us, are being patient, and know, oneday, that they will sort the issues out. So stop complaining, and give the guys credit!
    I dont blame bran flakes for locking the thread last night, you cry babies are a pack of little school girls......grow up!!!

Cryptic, keep up the awesome work you guys are doing, I am very grateful you are all trying to do your very best in fixing issues in-game :)

brown noser
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance... on a Sunday? During a US holiday weekend? #$%@ must be serious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Don't hold back, now- let us know how you really feel. :D
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stability Fix.. yes its needed but FIX THE BUGS IN GAME! I mean the game is littered with bugs.. not good quality, love the game but common devs..
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013

its a maintenance not a patch
  • Options
    morinonmorinon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its a maintenance not a patch

It's a serverside issue, not a clientside issue.

Also every one of these has come with a patch.
  • Options
    stressedchrisstressedchris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every day ive had off there has been downtime, its getting annoying, this is what you have a test server and QA people for.
    This feels like a week old MMO not one thats over 3 years old. If it does not work properly yet then I think its time to accept that its never going to be fixed and move on.

Cryptic should never had been given this license, it should have gone to a proper company that had a clue......
  • Options
    ixas1980ixas1980 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only way to fix the serverproblems for the future would be to open some regional servers.
    It?s realy funny to use one server for all players in the world.
    The best idea would be to make HOLODECK as an US Server and one new server as an european Server.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Best laugh i've had today,some people as so naive ;)
  • Options
    ixas1980ixas1980 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why everyone is crying as soon as something dosen?t work like he think that it schould work?

If all is running without a problem noone is saying THANK YOU FOR THIS GREAT GAME.

Be proud about the guys who are patching the servers on sunday morning US time. It?s much badder for us european unsers. We have the server shutdown at the early evening.
  • Options
    bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And hopefully the respec token issue...
This discussion has been closed.