We are the Cryptic...:D
    The Crash is futile...:D
    www.confederazionestellareitaliana.com
    Premade Pvp Falchi Tricolori
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jmacomberjmacomber Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Devs, you are an epic failure. You are a waste of space, your not worth the dirt I tread on, I have spent well over 100 dollars possibly over 200 dollars on this game. I was considering becoming a lifetime member, however your recent failure to show me that you have a basic understanding of, well really anything. Im now debating quitting this game for good. You have downtime, it seems whenever I log on for longer than a half our. Now with the new release downtime is to be expected but this, this is absurd and you my friends are idiots of epic proportions. I have had it with this TRIBBLE. Fix it/delete it/leave it be whatever it may be, but you have enough money to buy another server, and if you dont you need to look at your budget again. Because this is absurd.
  • Options
    kenlbenkenlben Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I lost the "paint job" on my odyssey class cruiser, looks rather ugly at the moment, ok its not that big a deal I realize, its just odd that the paint job shows up on the character selection screen but not in game
  • Options
    xraytecxraytec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree and on top of this I have one toon that cannot even enter game cause she is stuck between loading maps for 4 days now.

I also agree, my Federation toon has been stuck in an endless "server not responding" since the day of LoR was released!!!
  • Options
    shulauhshulauh Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seeing all that has happened since LOR launch it just make me remember a game from them that i used to play few years ago , the game lasted 1year and half , at first everything was alright , then massive patch came in , things broke after those patch , took them hours even days to notice it. then they announced maint , good it will be fixed i said to myself back then, guess what? it kept breakin' and they gave up at the end and closed the game , gave 10% refund to those who spent cash. server here cant hold so many players wich means they need serious upgrade on their gears yet they dont seem to do it. my question is : with all the money u made with alll those games. why dont you upgrade ur gears?? u cant say u dont have the cash comon ..... we aint stupid how do u want new ppl to suscribe when u see a 20k queue at the log screen? then when u manage to finally log IN , its damn laggy? first thing i bet u'll say , its ur comp? i heard this before and no it isnt and its not my connection. only in STO i see such things OUTDATED stuff need to be UPDATED thats all i had to say , have a nice day
  • Options
    elvenaarelvenaar Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really now why does it have to be that all maintenances are slotted for when it's prime time for european players? Why can't you slot some for when it's nighttime for both Europe and the US? These blody downtimes are getting ridiculous. I basically haven't gotten the chance to play today more than 20 mins. First the 2 game crashes that pissed me off greatly, then came the long wait in queue for about 20 mins again and then when I finally got logged I get disconnected for this maintenance right in the middle of the ground part of hunting for NR, so basically I'll have to redo that bit again, it's getting on my nerves already.

SO can you please please schedule your maintenances when it's night for both EU and US? Or heck just put it 2 hrs earlier, not right smack int he middle of EUs prime time. Thanks.
  • Options
    jalawaranjalawaran Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the last two weeks (even before the LOR release) the servers have degraded during day/prime time to the point where the only time anyone can even play is in the dead of the night in the US.

Its fricken memorial day weekend, one of the best and last times before the kids get out of school for the summer to get some play time in.

Stop being silent and diplomatic about this, get on here and explain to us what the heck the deal is. Especially to your PAYING customers. This is atrocious. I have played over a dozen MMOs in my lifetime, and this last fortnight worth of server slowdowns, crashes, queues, emergency maintenances that made the problems worse, tops even SOE and EA's penchant to blunder and deliver a shoddy CS/Technical support experience.

And here we are again for the fifth day in a row the servers are shot at prime time. Get it together. You are risking losing a LOT of paying subscribers. More to the point, I am considering going back to LOTRO or finding another game full stop. At least they can keep their servers running.

Well said.
  • Options
    xxnosxxxxnosxx Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok 1) Make multiple servers to help the problems
    2) Dont buy your servers at Wal-Mart
    3) Be Honest and tell us whats wrong...Dont sugar coat it
    4) compensate for your failures like 10 keys or something of that nature.
    5) Your losing paying customers and not just paid subscriptions but the free to play the put a ton of money into the game so realize that.
    6) I never won a prime ship from boxes and out of a few thousands of dollars...Im dont think im going to spend much more here....always see the same people win them.
    7)Dont say servers going down shortly...give us a time ....bad mgmt
    8)enjoy the new story line but cant play enough to enjoy it do to your failures.

GET IT TOGETHER.
  • Options
    lucretius8181lucretius8181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm gonna try and be impartial and polite:

Cryptic keep up the good work (The Techys) but i appeal to you guys over there to get on the phone and tell those idiots with the purse strings to invest in larger capacity servers or partitions or they will start to lose subscribers and money. LoR was supposed to attract gamers not lose them. :(
  • Options
    xraytecxraytec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree and on top of this I have one toon that cannot even enter game cause she is stuck between loading maps for 4 days now.

I also agree, my Federation toon has been stuck in an endless "server not responding" for several days.
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't even rage properly due to the lag on the forums!!!

in the mean time here's some jazz
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    xpandarenx007xpandarenx007 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warlordsob wrote: »
    Really you all take the servers off every 2-3 days for maintenance and after when I log back it still seem just as laggy, just as buggy, and just as shabby as it was before, if not worse off. Can't Cryptic get there company in order and provide the service they say they offer.

2 to 3 days!? its been at leas once per day since the LoR launch!
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 million EC says the login cues return post emergency maintenance..:eek:
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    globus4globus4 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *the natives are restless*

pull it together guys
  • Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No Refunds. Read the Terms of Service

well, I will be another player canceling his subscription... all in all what I am paying for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel this is on a level for us all to achieve one with bacon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLnK6BFT_2c
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    serlo371serlo371 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will this maintenance unlock those of us with characters in loading screen purgatory?!

2 of my 4 characters are unplayable since Wednesday including my new Romulan one that I was enjoying... :(
  • Options
    borgx666borgx666 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Oh damn. I just started a SB Def.

Well, I suppose I don't mind given that this maintainance is going to fix the lack of Romulan Boffs, the paltry Nukara marks rewards, the login glitches, the lag, the queues, the problems with KDF-Rom Uniforms, the inability to modify the Marauding boff, the inability to train current Romulan boffs, the ridiculous price of some items in the dilithium store and the fact that forums are slower than old people in a blizzard

It is going to fix these things, right?

LOLZ to the bold text ;)

Forums now has bad as game server :confused::rolleyes:
    Sto%20Final.png
  • Options
    warp1000warp1000 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this the issue after you click play and the fullscreen is loading screen,the music playing but nothing happens?

I did notice the other day, after waiting for 15 minutes, listening to the music that the screen said on the very top right " Press any key to continue ", when it always logs in automatically

I was like "what the heck", after I pressed a key it loaded, it caught me offguard and only happened that 1 time
  • Options
    sstrikersstriker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    x0ligy wrote: »
    Said it before i'll say it again, servers are down more than a prostitutes knickers!

So thats 2days and 4hours since LOR thats minus any emergency maintenance ive missed.... Yes im keeping recod just to see how much down time yu give players and how much subscription payers lose =)

mabey we will charge them zen for all the maintenance they are doing lets see 100 zen per hour? what you think?
  • Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you guys gonna reapir:

the not destroyeble galor class cruiser in the mission?

let the rage start, my popcorn is ready XD

if it's the mission i'm thinking off, ran into it too, trick is do not cloak, do not fire until both of you are in the encounter circle shown on the map.

first time i tried that one it would get to zero then never die, re-entered the mission and waited the second time until the above conditions and it died normally.

still a broken mission that needs fixing, but there's a possible work around
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please, at least tell us what's really wrong with the servers, like a detailed reply... :confused:
    i think im dreaming :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sighs....I'm really enjoying the Romulan stuff. It's....disappointing. It would be nice if they could just come out with honesty on everything.

Here's hoping, but I will now not be buying that lifetime sub I wanted, unless things drastically improve in the next couple of weeks. And I mean drastically.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kitsunetears, I am sure youre an excellent CSR for SOE. Most GMs there are decent.

However, the in game CSR's and ticket handlers are not who SOE are known for. Look to the history of Star Wars Galaxies and the sheer multitude of blunders (both the NGE fiasco and the way the game went to sunset after the playerbase was promised the game wasnt going anywhere soon).

Not a fan of SOE, and I was an 8 year SWG veteran.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG the server is down it's the end of the world......(sarcastic font)
    Really people? This happens EVERY season with new content I am rather use to by now. It happens, get over it....Oh wait that is logical & makes sence & there is no place for that on the forums here...never mind RAGE ON!
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • Options
    stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good luck with the 1.5hrs. Even the STO Website is slow. Indications of a much bigger issue.

Now I mite get mobbed for this. But other online games do this. Mite be a good idea for STo to do it too. Or PWE its owners. But I play a few online games that bring the servers down for maintainance everyday for 30mins to an hr. Maybe instead of STO & other PWE games constantly breaking down. You guys should take a leaf out of that book & designate a time that is the same every day to maintain your servers. It mite help alot. Instead of running them 24hrs a day everyday until a new patch is added & constantly having break downs cause of it.

But yer mobbing by the Addicts will come for suggesting that. LOL.
  • Options
    xxnosxxxxnosxx Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok 1) Make multiple servers to help the problems
    2) Dont buy your servers at Wal-Mart
    3) Be Honest and tell us whats wrong...Dont sugar coat it
    4) compensate for your failures like 10 keys or something of that nature.
    5) Your losing paying customers and not just paid subscriptions but the free to play the put a ton of money into the game so realize that.
    6) I never won a prime ship from boxes and out of a few thousands of dollars...Im dont think im going to spend much more here....always see the same people win them.
    7)Dont say servers going down shortly...give us a time ....bad mgmt
    8)enjoy the new story line but cant play enough to enjoy it do to your failures.

GET IT TOGETHER.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I said this the other day but . . .

Hey, in the latest lock box I got a

Very Rare System Engineer
    20% chance to keep network servers up 50% of the time

Did anyone else get one of these?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    carardrhas25carardrhas25 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elvenaar wrote: »
    Really now why does it have to be that all maintenances are slotted for when it's prime time for european players? Why can't you slot some for when it's nighttime for both Europe and the US? These blody downtimes are getting ridiculous. I basically haven't gotten the chance to play today more than 20 mins. First the 2 game crashes that pissed me off greatly, then came the long wait in queue for about 20 mins again and then when I finally got logged I get disconnected for this maintenance right in the middle of the ground part of hunting for NR, so basically I'll have to redo that bit again, it's getting on my nerves already.

SO can you please please schedule your maintenances when it's night for both EU and US? Or heck just put it 2 hrs earlier, not right smack int he middle of EUs prime time. Thanks.

Even if i?m also raging about this progressing downtimes. Please read AND understand before you post silly suggestions.

This is announced as an emergency maintenance...

I?m really interested how you would SCHEDULE an emergency maintenance....:confused:
  • Options
    pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel sorry for you cryptic guys..such amazing new content..you know..we would like to play it..but in a way..I stopped to care long ago...:(
This discussion has been closed.