test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance (May 25, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• blazio73blazio73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eurialo wrote: »
    well, I will be another one player canceling his subscription... all in all what I am paying for?[/QUOTE

Have to agree with you. The only time I get to run is on the weekends, and it seems the server goes down every weekend.
  • mew4evermew4ever Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I said it at launch, and I'll say it again - This Rampant downtime HAS TO STOP!

It's not normal for MMOs to be down this often, get more servers running this game. If it's patch bugs - You have a test server. ****ING USE IT. And get off your lazy asses and fix the bugs everyone's reporting.

Would have been nice to get more warning on the shutdown. 1 minute, guys, really? I swear, Customer Service is at the bottom of the priorities list.
  • sinc0sinc0 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What rylanadionysis said pretty much sums-up my frustration as well; gold or silver players need to really know whats going on, even if its sabotage from one of your employees.

well thats some kind of cutie mark, but hey, it takes all kinds....
    tired of STO runnin home to momma>? Do that dusting you have been
    putting off.. whether its your nose or your drapes, is all on you.
  • joker13874joker13874 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's time to change hamsters...
    I pay and i don't play..this is a new question for you cryptic...:(
    www.confederazionestellareitaliana.com
    Premade Pvp Falchi Tricolori
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am betting Queue Ligin Time will be Log when the Server does come back up:mad:
  • egaloisegalois Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't even rage properly due to the lag on the forums!!!

in the mean time here's some jazz

We need this song in the game launcher always if a maintenance is running! Every day Jazz!
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and you ofc are a avid beta tester who done your job, if not then I suggest you shut your mouth.

No, and no, i do not shut up.
    - My Main is bugged since lor, i start an stf without Boff and with luck i can get 1 in during
    stf.
    - None of the Beta-testers tried to delete a mail?

And no, i do not spend my rare time on tribble, i have a full time Job already.
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • valdescaavaldescaa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. SOE has EXTRAORDINARY Customer Service. How do I know? Im one of the god damn GM's. And I've been with them long enough to actually know what im talking about
    2. EA sucks .I agree.
    3. Dont sit there an complain. Yes we ALL have issues with whats going on with STO. And YES it is extremely frustrating But To be honest you dont work in there company or have acess to there equipment. They have to deal with a lot more then 'point and click' here. Theres CODING involved Server routine maintenance. UDP protocols..and so much more. People make mistakes and BUGS happen. Its an inevitable expectancy for all MMO's or any game for that matter. If you want to get a honest and detailed reply from the devs and community managers then you need to approach them with some respect. Use a tactful approach and be polite.

Hi GM.
    For we say that Customer Service is terrible? Why not tell us, when you put a ticket or an email, invariably respond with prefabricated mesage does not answer or resolve me anything i have asked.
    This despite it you will be payed stipend, is indefensible.

If my mail response, from customer service, they write half of what you've written, explanations of the problems that they have, that was under repair, I would not be so angry. Me and the thousands of users who have used the recently service, who has feelt bad.

Will be simple example Customer Service care of respect us with information:
    We are under severe troubles,"" explaint them"". We are working on resolve, even it take long please be pattient.
    As you reported "" what the customer reported as malfuction"" we take it on count list to repair.
    ( or you can do this or that we love to help to solve some on out hands.)
    Thanks for patiens dear customer.
    Time Zone Spain. GMT +2. I'm not English, so try to understand my texts from the context.Thanks. Acolade Complete: Discontinuing Payment.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I said this the other day but . . .

Hey, in the latest lock box I got a

Very Rare System Engineer
    20% chance to keep network servers up 50% of the time

Did anyone else get one of these?

Doesn't matter - they don't stack.
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am betting Queue Login Time will be Log when the Server does come back up:mad:
  • spacebreederspacebreeder Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol the cry babys got nothing better to do ill sooner have them working on it and fixing stuff than someone like bigpoint that do TRIBBLE all allow hackers and cheats on the servers to play and TRIBBLE support and the dev that do nothing

try not moaning like a girl its a game it has problems atlest there fixing them unlike bigpoint and ea !!!!
  • vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in a few minutes for emergency maintenance -- we expect this maintenance to only last for 1.5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

remember all of rage with last seasons release (or possibly the season before I forget) about how players felt they were getting shafted over dilithium? All the player rage that DSthal complained about and said people should be more polite, well can you practice what your boss preaches?

The words after "Hi Captains" should be something like "We apologize for the inconvience but..." Be polite and at least pretend to give a TRIBBLE.
  • firetrekkiefiretrekkie Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    these forums are to funny the minute the server goes down people flock to the website and the people that don't get on wonder why well let me explain it in terms that are simple. its called overloading the server for the website itself what do you expect when you the people of the world flocking to the site to see what happened. my suggestions to you Cryptic is this KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK; iron out the kinks no matter how many times or how long it takes however to make it simple shoot a message out in the SMN (social media networks) like twitter or FB ect.. that way I don't die laughing at the comments about how person X couldn't get on right away. although I am curious I know its a new release and that could explain the problem but what is happening are you being over whelmed or over worked that you cant find the all the problems. hopefully you guys get a break in the islands of Jamaica after its all said and done. you deserve it
  • scortch0scortch0 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah, terms of service may say no refunds but every other game that u pay for when they have server downtime more often than not they at least give u credit for the money u spent that u did not get to use. what is wrong with rewarding the paying customers with a special in game reward or hell maybe even some free game time for those of us who pay.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SOE is literally the least reputable company in the entire video game industry and if they were the only company on earth producing video games, I would never play another video game again as long as I lived on general principle.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • mesoeemesoee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im a Vary big supporter of startrek and doctor who and I play this game When doctor who ends for the year! I am a doctor who addict and when a doctor who adict cannot get his fix of doctorwho he often turns to the next best thing this is my next best thing and IMA FREAKING OUT I PAYED OVER 50 DOLLARS IN THIS GAME AND NOW YOU PEOPLE CANT EVEN KEEP THE SERVESR RUNNING FOR MORE THEN 24 HOURS OH MY GOD
    DONT YOU DARE MAKE ME GO BACK TO WOW I WILL FREAKING THROW MYSELF DOWN 12 SET OF STARES THIS IS THE ONLY GAME THAT HAS NOT BEEN NEWBIEFYED SEAROUSLY WOW CAN NOW BE PLADE BY THREE YEAR OLDS IM NOT JOKING NY NEFEW PLAYS THE GAME STARTREK ONLINE IS THE ONLY GAME WITH A CHALLENGE DONT FOR GODS SAKE DONT MAKE ME GO BACK

P.S IMMM'A SADDDDDD PANNDA!
  • startrekkin81startrekkin81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    x0ligy wrote: »
    Said it before i'll say it again, servers are down more than a prostitutes knickers!

Since this my first time having the pleasure of reading this analogy, may I offer my hearty lol to this comment?
  • pompeoppompeop Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Generally I'm pretty satisfied with the game - I like the improvements (the new UI is a bit clunky, but I'll get used to it). Anyways, it's inevitable that there is going to be some bugs, and a little downtime, but the frequency of downtime after major updates is a bit excessive. Cryptic could definitely improve the way they perform maintenance.

And I agree that a little more information from the folks at Cryptic would be a good thing. Peoples anger about downtime or traffic jams or outages tend to increase when they don't know what's happening. That being said, I'm sure offering up the reasons why would garner unsolicited advice on how to run things from IT professionals. And amateurs. But I think the calls for blood and firstborns might be negated a bit if people knew they whys.

Just my .02
  • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starmanj wrote: »
    I am betting Queue Ligin Time will be Log when the Server does come back up:mad:

beat ya too it a few pages back...lulz
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SO MUCH LAGGGGGGG... oh wait I'm not playing STO? I'm on their forums? WTF?
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Much as I hate to say it, fixing game bugs aren't so useful if you can't actually play. Of course we all know bugs aren't being fixed, they just oiled the wrong part of the hamsters wheel.
  • mhudgelmhudgel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been playing since STO first released, and I have to say this is very disappointing, Cryptic should have known that there will be thousands of players that want to start a Romulan toon and never was ready for the release....next time plan ahead...in Star Wars they sent out emails for those to start logging in...and hour later a thousand more...and so on. Cryptic...plan ahead so that this MESS doesn't happen again.
  • drathorindrathorin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jmacomber wrote: »
    Devs, you are an epic failure. You are a waste of space, your not worth the dirt I tread on, I have spent well over 100 dollars possibly over 200 dollars on this game. I was considering becoming a lifetime member, however your recent failure to show me that you have a basic understanding of, well really anything. Im now debating quitting this game for good. You have downtime, it seems whenever I log on for longer than a half our. Now with the new release downtime is to be expected but this, this is absurd and you my friends are idiots of epic proportions. I have had it with this TRIBBLE. Fix it/delete it/leave it be whatever it may be, but you have enough money to buy another server, and if you dont you need to look at your budget again. Because this is absurd.

Can I have your account and stuff?
  • vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I said this the other day but . . .

Hey, in the latest lock box I got a

Very Rare System Engineer
    20% chance to keep network servers up 50% of the time

Did anyone else get one of these?

Yeap, I got 3. Unfortunately they don't stack
  • thecegorachthecegorach Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Y'know, when I said, "Man, I don't think anyone can ever top the Star Wars Galaxies NGE fiasco," it wasn't meant as a challenge. :P
  • juggernaught92juggernaught92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Woah, totally didn't see this coming (sarcasm) :cool:

Almost done waiting for these tardy dev's to fix something that should of been fixed a long time ago. Emergency Maintenance one day, and the next day? Oh lookie there, another Emergency Maintenance day...

I think it's funny the World of ******** dev's can fix something when it's broken, Star Wars The Old Republic dev's can fix something when it's broken...hell, even ********* dev's can fix something when it's broken! Wtf is up with Cryptic dev's? They too slow or something? Or they just don't give a d%#m?
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah. instead of treating EVERY server crash as

"meh, another day at the office, who cares if the fourms are filled with paying customers say they will quit"

IT should be be more important than that, its money going down the drain unless you want to save Neverwiner over your flagship since thats another brewing failure.

It makes me wonder......are you trying to kill your money maker by not updating the servers and hardware in favor of staring over with Neverwinter still in Beta?

Last time i check this IP is better than stinking Dungeons and Dragons.

Prove to me i'm wrong

I'm asking PWE the tech guys are all Cryptic......PWE is the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • relentlesshoperelentlesshope Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shard_(database_architecture) so you guys have an idea off what a shard is, and what they are maintaining... its a data structure, and either something is being read wrong, compiled wrong or the output is wrong. So they will have to go into it and actually check it, and since its most likely held across servers, which is the main reason you use a shard pattern and not the other patterns, they have to double check and update those as well. Does it suck that we cant play a game we enjoy, absolutely, but whining about it really doesn't help.
  • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I vote for bacon spam.
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
This discussion has been closed.