test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance (May 25, 2013) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in a few minutes for emergency maintenance -- we expect this maintenance to only last for 1.5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the last two weeks (even before the LOR release) the servers have degraded during day/prime time to the point where the only time anyone can even play is in the dead of the night in the US.

Its fricken memorial day weekend, one of the best and last times before the kids get out of school for the summer to get some play time in.

Stop being silent and diplomatic about this, get on here and explain to us what the heck the deal is. Especially to your PAYING customers. This is atrocious. I have played over a dozen MMOs in my lifetime, and this last fortnight worth of server slowdowns, crashes, queues, emergency maintenances that made the problems worse, tops even SOE and EA's penchant to blunder and deliver a shoddy CS/Technical support experience.

And here we are again for the fifth day in a row the servers are shot at prime time. Get it together. You are risking losing a LOT of paying subscribers. More to the point, I am considering going back to LOTRO or finding another game full stop. At least they can keep their servers running.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LoR= Laugh or Rage

That's all I got to say 'bout that.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you guys gonna reapir:

the qeue?
    the lag?
    the mail?
    the not destroyeble galor class cruiser in the mission?
    the server not responding?
    the bug you cant collect the red alert when on rommie?
    the "you will be removed in 5 seconds"?

and that all in 1,5 houre?

good luck guys! i will log back in 3, emercengy maintenance take's 1,5? well as always take the double amount of them 75% chance they TRIBBLE it up again.

let the rage start, my popcorn is ready XD
  • stunnednukestunnednuke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the last two weeks (even before the LOR release) the servers have degraded during day/prime time to the point where the only time anyone can even play is in the dead of the night in the US.

Its fricken memorial day weekend, one of the best and last times before the kids get out of school for the summer to get some play time in.

Stop being silent and diplomatic about this, get on here and explain to us what the heck the deal is. Especially to your PAYING customers. This is atrocious. I have played over a dozen MMOs in my lifetime, and this last fortnight worth of server slowdowns, crashes, queues, emergency maintenances that made the problems worse, tops even SOE and EA's penchant to blunder and deliver a shoddy CS/Technical support experience.

And here we are again for the fifth day in a row the servers are shot at prime time. Get it together. You are risking losing a LOT of paying subscribers. More to the point, I am considering going back to LOTRO or finding another game full stop. At least they can keep their servers running.
    I completely agree, can you at least give us updates of the maintience, and not just "its going well so far ;)", I'm going on holiday tomorrow and this is my last day for a week to play star trek, and I don't want to waste it looking on the forums for the done message!

Shouldn't you be more prepared for the launch, you probably should of known thousands of players would want to come and play on a romulan character!
  • warlordsobwarlordsob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in a few minutes for emergency maintenance -- we expect this maintenance to only last for 1.5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Really you all take the servers off every 2-3 days for maintenance and after when I log back it still seem just as laggy, just as buggy, and just as shabby as it was before, if not worse off. Can't Cryptic get there company in order and provide the service they say they offer.
  • x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Said it before i'll say it again, servers are down more than a prostitutes knickers!

So thats 2days and 4hours since LOR thats minus any emergency maintenance ive missed.... Yes im keeping recod just to see how much down time yu give players and how much subscription payers lose =)
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So im going to ask this directly to you Bran, why arent you guys upgrading your servers?

The game is lagging like hell for the past few weeks now.
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What rylanadionysis said pretty much sums-up my frustration as well; gold or silver players need to really know whats going on, even if its sabotage from one of your employees.
  • stunnednukestunnednuke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you guys gonna reapir:

the qeue?
    the lag?
    the mail?
    the not destroyeble galor class cruiser in the mission?
    the server not responding?
    the bug you cant collect the red alert when on rommie?
    the "you will be removed in 5 seconds"?

and that all in 1,5 houre?

good luck guys! i will log back in 3, emercengy maintenance take's 1,5? well as always take the double amount of them 75% chance they TRIBBLE it up again.

let the rage start, my popcorn is ready XD
    They are only going to fix the issue with the login queue, I expect a few hours to fix the mail and other issues (why didn't this come up in Tribble?!?)
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Oh damn. I just started a SB Def.

Well, I suppose I don't mind given that this maintainance is going to fix the lack of Romulan Boffs, the paltry Nukara marks rewards, the login glitches, the lag, the queues, the problems with KDF-Rom Uniforms, the inability to modify the Marauding boff, the inability to train current Romulan boffs, the ridiculous price of some items in the dilithium store and the fact that forums are slower than old people in a blizzard/

It is going to fix these things, right?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

guys, it's time for a refund... Issues happen, but this is ridiculous and moreover always when is evening in my country.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • kitsunetearskitsunetears Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013

1. SOE has EXTRAORDINARY Customer Service. How do I know? Im one of the god damn GM's. And I've been with them long enough to actually know what im talking about
    2. EA sucks .I agree.
    3. Dont sit there an complain. Yes we ALL have issues with whats going on with STO. And YES it is extremely frustrating But To be honest you dont work in there company or have acess to there equipment. They have to deal with a lot more then 'point and click' here. Theres CODING involved Server routine maintenance. UDP protocols..and so much more. People make mistakes and BUGS happen. Its an inevitable expectancy for all MMO's or any game for that matter. If you want to get a honest and detailed reply from the devs and community managers then you need to approach them with some respect. Use a tactful approach and be polite.
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So im going to ask this directly to you Bran, why arent you guys upgrading your servers?

The game is lagging like hell for the past few weeks now.

Even these forums are lagging. Its just... Unreal.

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.704434d.1369502289.1886f814

MT - Sad Pandas
  • epicmaster200epicmaster200 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    defcon1776 wrote: »
    LoR= Laugh or Rage

That's all I got to say 'bout that.
    LOL That is the best one yet!!!!!! :D:P
    ***Warning***
    This Post May Cause damage to unEPIC people...
    If you have trouble while reading this post. You are not EPIC enough to read it.

• bazgcbazgc Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warlordsob wrote: »
    Really you all take the servers off every 2-3 days for maintenance and after when I log back it still seem just as laggy, just as buggy, and just as shabby as it was before, if not worse off. Can't Cryptic get there company in order and provide the service they say they offer.

Whilst I agree it has been laggy at times (I'm in the UK so I can generally get some stuff done in the morning here), I've found that they have actually fixed some of the issues that I've been having with these updates.
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • kitsunetearskitsunetears Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eurialo wrote: »
    guys, it's time for a refund... Issues happen, but this is ridiculous and moreover always when is evening in my country.

No Refunds. Read the Terms of Service
  • valetheonvaletheon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems like their queue "fix" is just bringing down the Server hoping it kicks off enough inactive people to get rid of it altogether until the next large queue. :rolleyes: And whatever bug fixes they come up with each day.
    "Sometimes we're freakin idiots, and that's fun" -Fleetmate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One of many reminders that i'm not a REAL Romulan. >_<
  • demonicon2222demonicon2222 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I were one of the engineers working for you, I would try and use every possible way to not be on call after your patches...
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, if it means that all the bugs are squashed, and the server stability is drastically improved, then take the server down for a full 3 days or something...
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • jlewis1087jlewis1087 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is why i no longer pay for sto because there so many problems you guys need to look at romulan missions because the ships im fighting are rediclous and cant be killed these are the ercanti or whatever, you guys need to get your stuff together or sell the rights of sto to a company thats not a bunch of lazys....
  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, I'll defend this game from any amount of the TRIBBLE it takes from people, but I DO have to agree: your server stability is lacking. :rolleyes: And the lack of transparency and clarification as to WHAT the problem is as well really troubles me.

(Admittedly, I'm pissy because I was on the finale Elachi mission when it went down ...)
  • outsider1580outsider1580 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I agree and on top of this I have one toon that cannot even enter game cause she is stuck between loading maps for 4 days now.
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I called this Emergency Maintenance about 2 hours ago, do I get a prize?????????????????
  • quarauqquarauq Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ..."some" users "may" be stuck?

Seems like you have a firm grasp on things.
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, no, no the emergency maintenance is to fix a pair of costume boots that were not the right hue of black. I head people were heartbroken about it and refused to be play free any longer until it is fixed!
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys at Cryptic are hopeless.

Do you really think restarting the sever and hoping the people queuing will stop, is the answer?
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic. The server cant handle the load.

You either need one bigger server if you want to keep all your games on one server.

But you should just try this:
    Server Trek for STO.
    Server Super for CO.
    Server Fantasy for NW.

Instead of the current :
    Server "Dead from overtaxing" for all of them.

I know, new servers cost money.

But a lot of new players will not subscribe or invest money in your games if the got a very bad first impression from LoR and NW when it launches.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 246 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully we'll see a patch for the heal ability issue in space. I'm sick of hitting my heal abilities and having it randomly put them onto one of my torps. Every time I hit Tac Team, Transfer Shield Strength, Hazard Emitters, or Aux to SIF, I have to worry that they will probably go to my torps instead, is a pain.
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think these complaints when people cannot play STO shows that they realy like to play this game, because else they simply would do something else, unless those people enjoy complaining. But even then downtime seems servicing those people as well. :)
  • quarauqquarauq Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ..."some" players "may" be stuck?

Seems like you have a firm grasp on things.
This discussion has been closed.