test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    aftershockofcormaftershockofcorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did one of the hamsters wander into the warp core again?
  • Options
    jcox2jcox2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    millacano wrote: »
    i don;t know if it's just cos it's prime time but i'm in a queue .. just giving people a heads up

ITs bad enough the queue's are back but they are also broken.... think its about time I cancelled my sub!
  • Options
    millacanomillacano Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have still not changed place in the queue (( 156 of 6k now ))i think i agree with others that the servers broken.

not moved an inch at all i would really love to get some time in before work tonight :(
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the server has actually melted. I have a login at 80/TRIBBLE sitting totally immobile for half an hour now, while the queue has gone from about 180 to 6K in that time. There has been NO change in position whatsoever. A lifer fleetmate last said he was switching...he hasn't returned. So NO one is getting in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sciondaynesciondayne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, those of us stuck waiting in line appreciate it.

If he says he's stuck in lag, you being in and stuck in lag doesn't really do much for you does it, other than be pissed off just as much that you can't do anything. So lay off.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess this means a fourth 100 meg patch in 5 days later this afternoon labelled with one small fix and "server stability improvements".

Oh goodie.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    beefsupreme79beefsupreme79 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The severs arent 'broken'

They simply cannot handle the load, something entirely different.

They refuse to upgrade their servers or do something about it because they like to run on bleeding edge.

In a few weeks the server load has dropped to acceptable levels thus a server upgrade isnt needed now in their eyes. Why spend unnecessary hardware for a few weeks? I know it sucks, but its business. They shut their mouth about it because they know it damn well.

i wish there entire boardroom would commit seppuku together, at once
  • Options
    enderssoupenderssoup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skotte1 wrote: »
    queue getting bigger - and i see this post gonna get massive :)

just wait anout 20 mins and queue will hit 20k, an hour later it will be 50k

massive. I love the conspiracy theory though.

"The que is fake, its just to make people buy a subscription
    This is my theory anyway..."

haha and this one too,

"i wish there entire boardroom would commit seppuku together, at once"
    Excuse me, excuse me, would you mind stopping that darn noise?
    obscene gesture, vulcan neck pinch, claps, cheers
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Note to self: check forums first

I restarted my computer thinking i was bogging down from it being on most of the night and playing under heavy load (pvp and high volume stfs) this morning

nope, its the login server again

1314/6808
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    U must be kidding PWE... This is absolutly worst poor server ever around the world.Sheme on u guys shame on u...I will share this all game blogs which one I can...This is not issue no more...This is unrespecting to customers
  • Options
    roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Cryptic

Google "Server Rentals"

Over 13,100,000 results
  • Options
    yepdatguyyepdatguy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did one of the hamsters wander into the warp core again?

Maybe a tribble got into the hamster feed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    enderssoup wrote: »

haha and this one too,

"i wish there entire boardroom would commit seppuku together, at once"

given pwes rep, i am inclined to support this theory
  • Options
    patricktypatrickty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good times. Got in a couple hours ago without a hitch, then switched to my Fed character and got stuck at 2538. Haven't moved a bit since then, but the queue keeps getting bigger behind me. :/
  • Options
    shulauhshulauh Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    server has a queue just to log? hey PWE or Cryptic who ever own this game i think its time for u to seriously improve ur stuff if u cannot handle having so many players, u cant say u dont have the cash for it -_-
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The severs arent 'broken'

They simply cannot handle the load, something entirely different.

They refuse to upgrade their servers or do something about it because they like to run on bleeding edge.

In a few weeks the server load has dropped to acceptable levels thus a server upgrade isnt needed now in their eyes. Why spend unnecessary hardware for a few weeks? I know it sucks, but its business. They shut their mouth about it because they know it damn well.

I beg to differ. The queue is growing. People are not advancing forward in the queue. The natural dynamics of a MMORPG dictates that player log in and out all of the time. You should be advancing even at a glacial pace. Being suck in the same place in the queue for 1 hours is high improbable. That's saying that not one player has logged out in that hour. The bottom line is that something is bad wrong.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    eviax wrote: »
    U must be kidding PWE... This is absolutly worst poor server ever around the world.Sheme on u guys shame on u...I will share this all game blogs which one I can...This is not issue no more...This is unrespecting to customers

you tellem english is my second language guy!

: ) joke
  • Options
    aftershockofcormaftershockofcorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got soooooo drunk last night, I woke up this morning with my liver lying next to me crying.
  • Options
    coldspike1coldspike1 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I,ve been playing since the beta and until this past week never have I had a problem getting in game until now and even if you get on the servers are so full there's a lag problem which also never happen to me before. I don't know what the fix would be, but it seems to me this problem could have been avoided by adding more servers maybe?
  • Options
    acylionacylion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enderssoup wrote: »

It amuses me that some people actually believe this, when the monthly and lifetime subscribers are stuck in the queue too.

Personally, I like to pretend this is part of the upcoming Borg expansion. My designation is now 1794 of 8283.
  • Options
    species1977species1977 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hehe i knew it, 1860/ 8900 for about 20 min,no progress,never mind,hope they will fix that and brake something else like usually ;)
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Notice that they removed the thread with 50,000 posts talking about the 25,000 player long que from the forum? I guess rewriting history is good damage control. Stalin would have been proud.
  • Options
    gonael77gonael77 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He, ya Craptic guys, as a subcriber i have to say when servers are full and ppl who are paying like subscribers/gold/ltm how ever you gonna call it, then you have to kick f2plers from the game.
    i wanna play and when i cant do it and you guys prefer the f2pler because you keep them in game so that subcribers are staying into queue nobody should pay anymore.
    Since your "LoR upgrade" everyday is something other broken.

Test your stuff before you launch it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vendahravendahra Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since the queue is only adding people, and moving none into the game, it appears they have locked entry. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down for maintenance shortly.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I got soooooo drunk last night, I woke up this morning with my liver lying next to me crying.

i hope you used protection.....i know my liver gets around
  • Options
    betanembetanem Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im getting tired of waiting in the queue! :(
  • Options
    sehlatkitten01sehlatkitten01 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    geez crytic now the ques again ?
  • Options
    sto151sto151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The queue has not moved in 20+ minutes and is only growing. Cryptic MUST start booting AFK players. It does not take a genius to figure this game has no programing in place to boot AFK players and they can stayed logged in until the eventual server crash.

How is it that Neverwinter is made by the same company and has very strict AFK booting policy and Star Trek has absolutely none?

The sad part is if they booted AFK players they could probably do away with queues because the population would rotate in and out naturally.
  • Options
    adzcriz1adzcriz1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hehe i knew it, 1860/ 8900 for about 20 min,no progress,never mind,hope they will fix that and broke something else like usually ;)

Its the weekend, PWE do not work Weekends/Bank Holidays if they can avoid it, aside fromt he odd forum mod that is. If there is a problem, monday would be the earliest i'd expect them to look at it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aeternaliaeternali Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vendahra wrote: »
    Since the queue is only adding people, and moving none into the game, it appears they have locked entry. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down for maintenance shortly.

Totally agree, great expansion when you can play it. Perfectworld and Cryptic neeg to get off their asses and deal with the infrastructure issues that plague the game even during the non-peak times.