test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Notice that they removed the thread with 50,000 posts talking about the 25,000 player long que from the forum? I guess rewriting history is good damage control. Stalin would have been proud.
  • gonael77gonael77 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He, ya Craptic guys, as a subcriber i have to say when servers are full and ppl who are paying like subscribers/gold/ltm how ever you gonna call it, then you have to kick f2plers from the game.
    i wanna play and when i cant do it and you guys prefer the f2pler because you keep them in game so that subcribers are staying into queue nobody should pay anymore.
    Since your "LoR upgrade" everyday is something other broken.

Test your stuff before you launch it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vendahravendahra Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since the queue is only adding people, and moving none into the game, it appears they have locked entry. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down for maintenance shortly.
  • beefsupreme79beefsupreme79 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got soooooo drunk last night, I woke up this morning with my liver lying next to me crying.

i hope you used protection.....i know my liver gets around
  • betanembetanem Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im getting tired of waiting in the queue! :(
  • sehlatkitten01sehlatkitten01 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    geez crytic now the ques again ?
  • sto151sto151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The queue has not moved in 20+ minutes and is only growing. Cryptic MUST start booting AFK players. It does not take a genius to figure this game has no programing in place to boot AFK players and they can stayed logged in until the eventual server crash.

How is it that Neverwinter is made by the same company and has very strict AFK booting policy and Star Trek has absolutely none?

The sad part is if they booted AFK players they could probably do away with queues because the population would rotate in and out naturally.
  • adzcriz1adzcriz1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hehe i knew it, 1860/ 8900 for about 20 min,no progress,never mind,hope they will fix that and broke something else like usually ;)

Its the weekend, PWE do not work Weekends/Bank Holidays if they can avoid it, aside fromt he odd forum mod that is. If there is a problem, monday would be the earliest i'd expect them to look at it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aeternaliaeternali Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vendahra wrote: »
    Since the queue is only adding people, and moving none into the game, it appears they have locked entry. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down for maintenance shortly.

Totally agree, great expansion when you can play it. Perfectworld and Cryptic neeg to get off their asses and deal with the infrastructure issues that plague the game even during the non-peak times.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gonael77 wrote: »
    He, ya Craptic guys, as a subcriber i have to say when servers are full and ppl who are paying like subscribers/gold/ltm how ever you gonna call it, then you have to kick f2plers from the game.
    i wanna play and when i cant do it and you guys prefer the f2pler because you keep them in game so that subcribers are staying into queue nobody should pay anymore.

"Hi, I'm a slow person that actually believes all non-subscribers don't spend on this game, even though a bunch of them are actually spending more than me.

Herp derp ummagumma."

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now, it's only Saturday. Since the developers and server folks other than admins don't work on weekends, you can imagine what Sunday is going to be like!

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • sciondaynesciondayne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got soooooo drunk last night, I woke up this morning with my liver lying next to me crying.

Bad service is a universal language. Being someone who does capacity planning, this is just plain stupidity. Someone had to be looking at the fact this is memorial day weekend and thus the stress on the servers was going to be much more than even a typical weekend which is already much greater than that of a week day on top of the fact it's right after a launch. So with that known they should have been preparing months and months ago and if anything you over prep rather than under. No excuse for this.
  • kreugekreuge Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vendahra wrote: »

My thought as well. Server is coming down soon.
  • distantworldsdistantworlds Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The severs arent 'broken'

They simply cannot handle the load, something entirely different.

They refuse to upgrade their servers or do something about it because they like to run on bleeding edge.

In a few weeks the server load has dropped to acceptable levels thus a server upgrade isnt needed now in their eyes. Why spend unnecessary hardware for a few weeks? I know it sucks, but its business. They shut their mouth about it because they know it damn well.
    Please, stop writing nonsense.

1) If your server infrastructure cannot handle the load, it is broken.

2) If your server infrastructure is not built on scalable cloud, it is not "bleeding edge". For years now, the edge has been building out servers on things like Amazon's AWS where you rent the servers and can add or reduce the amount you have easily. STO is clearly NOT doing this.

3) Your attitude guarantees nothing will ever change and you will be continually screwed over.
  • talonzahntalonzahn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just like that I'm playing along just fine, then get kicked all of a sudden.

Now in queue 1873 out of 8986.

LTM FOR THE WIN!

Doesn't seem to help me, lol.
  • smallbrainfieldsmallbrainfield Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Queue is now 4 times longer than when I logged in and growing.

Things are not moving people. Off to play something else 'til it gets fixed...
  • beefsupreme79beefsupreme79 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gonael77 wrote: »

Test your stuff before you launch it.

oh how sweet did you think you were special?
  • pumamandingopumamandingo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Paid for a gold membership, and I'm still 1550 in queue? Cryptic, what is going on? How is this acceptable?
  • thomas28ththomas28th Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gold members - at least in my experience - get kicked after 1 hour of inactivity.

Silver in 15 minutes.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Retrieving list of characters...

Connection to login server failed.

Retrieving list of characters...

Position in queue: 1081 out of 8241

CRIKEY

(Sorry, I've just always wanted to say that. >.>;; )
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is AFK booting.
    When u have been idle for 60mins u get disconnected automatically.
  • xevilxmasterxxevilxmasterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its over 9000
  • laro1984laro1984 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not true i got into the game back after loggin into another char ... was waiting 10min but at this time the line was onlie 1000 persons :D
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So yeah shouldn't I have moved from 2609 in the last 15 minutes, dontcha think?

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    acylion wrote: »
    It amuses me that some people actually believe this, when the monthly and lifetime subscribers are stuck in the queue too.

Personally, I like to pretend this is part of the upcoming Borg expansion. My designation is now 1794 of 8283.

Last que people were saying "i brought sub and jumped from x to 3rd, now im in the game" so my theory will stick. Besides alot of companies do favor new customers over loyal/old customers and jump them ahead of the que/ive them better deals.

Im 1049, not moved in 15-20mins so either
    A. the game is broke
    B. This is a fake que

Seeing as there is no posts from cryptic because they are always slow, im sticking with my theory... *puts tin foil hat on* YOU CAN NOT READ MY BRAIN ALIENS AND GOVERNMENT WORKERS!!!
  • jeyj13jeyj13 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems like every time that I think, "Gee, I want to subscribe", another issue shows up...

You figure that they would react maybe a little bit faster and get a fix out, unless this problem is worse than we think it is.
  • dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been at 4737 for the last 20 minutes.
  • starjumpersixstarjumpersix Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    laro1984 wrote: »
    Not true i got into the game back after loggin into another char ... was waiting 10min but at this time the line was onlie 1000 persons :D

I call shenanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • arbalisterarbalister Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And there always has been... not sure where the OP gets his misinformation.
  • hyperionbughyperionbug Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    queue 4034 of 9848

It's over 9000 XD