Install Arc

Stuck character: server not responding on loading screen [NOW RESOLVED!]

Comments

• purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Account banks are craaaawling.
  • aristotecharistotech Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Between this issue dropping my new Romulan into nothingness and the stealth nerf with the unannounced 100 item limit on mail (which is completely filled with science and civilian common doffs) they are really testing my patience and interest in this game. Already cancelled my gold status and put that idea of buying a lifetime sub to the furtherest back-burner.
  • paulvbpaulvb Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they just don't give a damn anymore. and why should they? they have their money. that's ALL they care about
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game was working fine, now it's yesterday all over again - login failed for an unknown reason, absurdly long load times, crashes, timeouts etc.

So much for an evening with STO...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a 100 item limit in mail?
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • skynorskynor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So i just was doing asignments, and accessed bank on Alpha memory, then had this massive major lag spike, though will restart pc or so.... did it! well gues what, cant get back into game anymore, stucked nonstop on retrieving character list and then disconnect for unknown reason :D
    would be nice if they said - disconnected from server, cause we dont want you playing :D

well, does anyone else has such problem at this time of day?!

Lol i see yes, ppl compaining here like me too :D weird time showing on my forum :D - like 10 hours back
  • corseaucorseau Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok they say they fixed the login failed for unknown reason, ha wrong!! I load this morning it was fine until I tried to get stuff from the bank. I thought hey I will log out and back in. Bad, bad, bad, now I get the mysterious login failed for unknown reason. I wonder how Cryptic will like it when my subscription payment fails to go through, for unknown reasons.
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just the time of day when its busier then normal because of a new season launch. To fix this they should either not promote any new expansions or expand the server capacity. Are there queues at the moment? They tend to add queues after the server goes down.. bit late then. When the server comes back up its just as overloaded until people get fed up and don't bother (me included).
    edited May 2013
    im in im in im in :D yupppiii
    edited May 2013
    skynor wrote: »

how? send us your log files.
  • aristotecharistotech Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a 100 item limit in mail?

Yes, they have quietly inserted what appears to be an account-wide 100 item hard limit on mail attachments. Have 20 mails with 5 doffs attached to each; can't send anymore out, the attachment system is locked to you. Expired exchange items also count towards the limit. From what some folks are saying, this is related to Neverwinter and its pitiful storage space.
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah it's happening all over again. failed for unknown reasons, server not responding. when I do get in moving thing from inventory to bank and account bank just takes forever. but chat seemed fine.
    also the character screen is very slow at loading.
  • vinthebutchervinthebutcher Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    paulvb wrote: »
    how? send us your log files.

and........
    Change your timezone here.
    SEGA
    Nov. 2009
    yes, my avatar is my tattoo
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aristotech wrote: »
    Yes, they have quietly inserted what appears to be an account-wide 100 item hard limit on mail attachments. Have 20 mails with 5 doffs attached to each; can't send anymore out, the attachment system is locked to you. Expired exchange items also count towards the limit. From what some folks are saying, this is related to Neverwinter and its pitiful storage space.

thank you for the info, i'll have to go thru my mail and check every thing
    edited May 2013

dude respond....
  • hullkenhullken Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, well. Reinstalling the game SEEMS to have helped me.

Warning! My situation was different from nearly all here. Until now, I was unable to load the launcher even after deleting and reinstalling just the launcher itself.

IMO, there are far more people playing without problems than there people that are haveing problems. Therefore, it seems resonable that the database is corrupted for some accounts and Cryptic needs to put a team together and fix the individual accounts that are still having problers. In addition, there should be a compensation package for this group of individuals, say a 10-pack of keys or 1K zen. (I, myself, wouldn't get a compensation package because my problem is unlike yours and appears to be solved.)
    edited May 2013
    paulvb wrote: »
    dude respond....

He is probably in game and not troubling himself with the forums right now.
    edited May 2013
    At this point I would like to revert to pre-LOR because playing old content on my weekend is better than reading about new content that others are playing.
    edited May 2013
    I do love the queue to then get teh loading screen bug that is also a special touch.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Right, Milanvorius. At least I could get my reputation and duffing done.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • corseaucorseau Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ha now theres a que and im 647 of 1924. Guess ill go to work instead...:D
  • upr2000upr2000 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BTW

My Mainchar won't even Login on the Mainserver,
    but - on the Testserver with the new Patch .21 it works?

To say it in Spock's words: "Fascinating" ;)

PS.: Just playing a little with colors instead of black and white from the forum ;)
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's weekend. We should get used to login Q's even as lifers, and we should get used to lags like these from now on. Those who can, play during the week, it will safe you a lot of anger. It's what I'll do from now on.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
    edited May 2013
    It's weekend. We should get used to login Q's even as lifers, and we should get used to lags like these from now on. Those who can, play during the week, it will safe you a lot of anger. It's what I'll do from now on.

Qs are fine, i wish there was an indication in prior to log in. SOmetimes i want to touch base with an alt, get the queue and decide to disconnect to swap to main for long term play before Q gets worse.

Simple graph showing load percent or something would be nice, but it isnt in the cards till MMOs get even more competitive and start providing more customer friendly service.
  • rert78rert78 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is so annoying I just login click on my character press play gets to the end of the loading screen then it comes up with server not responding and does absolutely nothing for like 5mins by which point I am board of waiting and manually shut it down the worst bit is it was running the romulan campaign fine then the server went down for matntainance yesterday and when the mini patch came out after that it was bugged I fell sorry for people who paid for the game when it first cam out who are having the same problem
    edited May 2013
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    thank you for the info, i'll have to go thru my mail and check every thing

im in but laggy as hell, asinment finnishing delay ower 6mins, inserting /removing items from/in bank 5mins+, equiping toon, the same, so, guys you not missing much, same way as i would try to log in, just better picture
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm guessing the server is going down again soon.
    The server not responding is getting longer and longer, inventory moving is taking up to a minute now.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
    edited May 2013
    now i swapped toons and im out of game again... i believe maintenance team already working on this matter! solving problems always requires time
  • andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    getting the cant login for unexplained reason and long time server not responding during load screens.
    Edit: player booting failed. wtf is this one?
    edited May 2013
    andyslash wrote: »
    getting the cant login for unexplained reason and long time server not responding during load screens.
    Edit: player booting failed. wtf is this one?

lawl, i got it now too :D just rolling my eyes :D
This discussion has been closed.