test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Returning Player: STO Characters Missing due to account linking error?

WHere are all my characters? i log in and I only see 1 noob character.. Its logging me in under pw whice I made while back as a alt account for bank space.. Where are my characters from before the change to Perfect World? i think its the same login as PW's... Where do I go to recover my account/characters
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dunno if they're still around, but if u got an "old" cryptic account you may try this ;):
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=570451
  • Options
    tgnetblaisetgnetblaise Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    All that says is to log in
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How many did you have? Maybe you don't have enough character slots for them anymore (going to silver from gold) and you need to buy slots to get them back.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    "How do I link my accounts?

Navigate to https://my.perfectworld.com/sto and login. This will take you through the linking flow. Be sure to select the correct radio button for your account type."

so you already got an pw-only account or not? indeed if you got this won't help you.
    zorbane wrote: »
    How many did you have? Maybe you don't have enough character slots for them anymore (going to silver from gold) and you need to buy slots to get them back.

this can't happen. once unlocked is unlocked ;)
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zorbane wrote: »

does not work like that. if you have a character then its yours. you might lose the slot if you delete the character but thats a slightly different thing
  • Options
    jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2013
    Also remember that if you haven't logged on in a while, your characters may have been moved to backup storage. If you log out and back in again, they should be loaded back into the main server space. Give that a shot and see if they're back.
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    does not work like that. if you have a character then its yours. you might lose the slot if you delete the character but thats a slightly different thing

alright ignore me then :cool:
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    jheinig wrote: »
    Also remember that if you haven't logged on in a while, your characters may have been moved to backup storage. If you log out and back in again, they should be loaded back into the main server space. Give that a shot and see if they're back.

good to know for the possible heartattacks when semester ends and sto is back again :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The problem is when I log in i'm logging i under Perfect WOrld.. My Perfect world account has a lvl 2 or something character there.. Made it as a alt way back... My PW and STO login are the same user name.... SO when I go to login it thinks my accounts are already linked but they are not........When I log in on the web site there is nothen there that says Link accounts....
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    The problem is when I log in i'm logging i under Perfect WOrld.. My Perfect world account has a lvl 2 or something character there.. Made it as a alt way back... My PW and STO login are the same user name.... SO when I go to login it thinks my accounts are already linked but they are not........When I log in on the web site there is nothen there that says Link accounts....

Unfortunately, it sounds like your account is not correctly linked. Try logging I to the launcher with your old Cryptic information and go through the linking flow again. If that doesn't work, our GM team can assist. Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    How do I recover mu Cryptic STO User name/pw?

The pw reset/user name sends me to this link: https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

If you look on that page to the left of PW reset page there is a Cryptic STO/Champions pw/user name recovery.. I selected the STO pw/user rocovery because if I pick PW recovery it will just show my my PW user name... I already not hat...

After Clicking on Cryptic STO recovery It takes me to this page: https://secure.crypticstudios.com/startrek/forgot

Type in email to reset pw or click on user name recovery... I clicked on Forgot user name because I just wanted to make sure i was putting in the right user name to log in... So i put my email in so they can send me my user name.. They send me a email telling me to go to this site https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

So as you can see it pretty much sends you right back to the pw recovery site.....back to step one.... In the email it says:

This is an automated notification regarding the account name reminder request made for your Perfect World account.

A request for an account name reminder for this account was made at at Star Trek Online.

To get an account name reminder, navigate to the following URL: https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

*** If you do not want to get an account name reminder, disregard this email - no action needs to be taken.

Remember, you may find answers to Frequently Asked Questions at http://support.perfectworld.com

Additionally, you may contact the Account & Billing Support Team by emailing customerservice@perfectworld.com.

lol.....
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    yeah I'm re downloading the launcher atm should be done in 5mins.. Gonna try that....
  • Options
    thapurifierthapurifier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am having the same problem. But i already played last year with the perfect world account i think (was STO already run by PW in april 2012?).
    I had a decent/high lvl starfleet character and a noob lvl klingon.... both are gone. :mad:

I downloaded/installed the game through steam, now im downloading/installing directly from the site, maybe that helps... otherwise its a support ticket :s
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I downloaded/installed the game through steam, now im downloading/installing directly from the site, maybe that helps...

i don't think the problem is at steam. accounts are stored at cryptic-servers. the difference to non-steam is just, that you have to run steam to play it, and that the game files are in the steamfolders. but the filestructure itself/content of the gamefolders itselves are even (if i recall it correct).

myself having it installed over steam and i'm starting it with a exe-shortcut. so i don't have to run steam to play ;)...
    (was STO already run by PW in april 2012?).

jep, it was.
  • Options
    tysulanxtysulanx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ugh, I'm having the same problem. Ticket has been sent in, hopefully it does something otherwise I'm done with this game and the wasted cash.

I was looking forward to getting the Ambassador Class too.
  • Options
    fireshark223fireshark223 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey guys, here's what I did to fix this.

Apparently it's caused by an incorrectly linked account, and since my Cryptic account and Perfect World Entertainment account were the same password I could no longer access the Cryptic account.

However, the Cryptic account is still there, and by changing my password on the PWE account I could log in to the Cryptic account on the STO website.

These are the steps I took to fix everything.

1. Create a new PWE account with a different email from the one you tried to link to before.

2. Change the password on your old PWE account if it's the same name and pass as your Cryptic account.

3. Log in to your account on the STO website using your old pass that's still associated with the Cryptic account but no longer your PWE one. It should log in to the Cryptic account and tell you that you have to link accounts. Link your account to the new PWE account and email that you just made.

4. Log in to STO with the new PWE account that you just linked to and your characters will hopefully be there like mine were.

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    ggman22ggman22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    so far i got into my old cryptic account again but no way to link it just brings up the page with subscription and zen and what not but then go back to star trek online page to login with it but cant log into it at all
  • Options
    bjjlucasbjjlucas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I had the same issue when I signed up. Your username/password for your cryptic account were the same as they were for your PWE account, so it automatically assumes you're logging into your PWE account.

Go to https://support.crypticstudios.com/user/password and reset your password. This will reset the password for your Cryptic account. Now log into the game with those credentials and it should ask you to link it to a PWE account. Create a new PWE account to link it to and your old characters should be there.
  • Options
    batchimp007batchimp007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How do I recover mu Cryptic STO User name/pw?

The pw reset/user name sends me to this link: https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

If you look on that page to the left of PW reset page there is a Cryptic STO/Champions pw/user name recovery.. I selected the STO pw/user rocovery because if I pick PW recovery it will just show my my PW user name... I already not hat...

After Clicking on Cryptic STO recovery It takes me to this page: https://secure.crypticstudios.com/startrek/forgot

Type in email to reset pw or click on user name recovery... I clicked on Forgot user name because I just wanted to make sure i was putting in the right user name to log in... So i put my email in so they can send me my user name.. They send me a email telling me to go to this site https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

So as you can see it pretty much sends you right back to the pw recovery site.....back to step one.... In the email it says:

This is an automated notification regarding the account name reminder request made for your Perfect World account.

A request for an account name reminder for this account was made at at Star Trek Online.

To get an account name reminder, navigate to the following URL: https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

*** If you do not want to get an account name reminder, disregard this email - no action needs to be taken.

Remember, you may find answers to Frequently Asked Questions at http://support.perfectworld.com

Additionally, you may contact the Account & Billing Support Team by emailing customerservice@perfectworld.com.

lol.....

I have this problem. I've come back after a several months break but I can't remember my cryptic account info so can't log in to link it and when I try to recover it I get sent on that never ending circle. I've had to make a new account to post hear but because its new I can't even start a thread of my own to ask for help.

This sucks. Can anyone help?
  • Options
    bjjlucasbjjlucas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have this problem. I've come back after a several months break but I can't remember my cryptic account info so can't log in to link it and when I try to recover it I get sent on that never ending circle. I've had to make a new account to post hear but because its new I can't even start a thread of my own to ask for help.

Read my previous post, immediately before yours. You can use that link to reset your Cryptic information.
  • Options
    des101des101 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm stuck with the same problem as the op! Last time I played was not long after it went to F2P.

I can access my cryptic info but no-where on that site does it say about what account my cryptic one is linked to!!
    Tried logging into the game via cryptic u/n & p/w, go through the process of linking it to this account & it says it's linked to another FW account!!

So I try running the game on this account & i'm stuck with all my chars missing!

I've emailed support yet am told it's a 3-4 day wait?!?!?

Seriously not impressed

/rant over

Beta player - forum knows jack as to when I started

This no longer seems to work. because now the cryptic reset pw sends you straight to PwE. fustrating as hell.

Anyone happen to know the new way of doing it. my lvl 65 vice admiral is gone. and im not starting over.
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anterion39 wrote: »
    my lvl 65 vice admiral is gone. and im not starting over.

Lvl 65 eh?
  • Options
    dilbartdilbart Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    Lvl 65 eh?

Wrong game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    anterion39anterion39 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    Lvl 65 eh?

apparently the new max is lvl 50? idk when that changed, but i lvl'd my char back when STO first came out years ago. At least i remember it being 65. maybe im just wrong XD.
  • Options
    anterion39anterion39 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok, so i finnally figured it all out to where when i log into the game that it asks for a cryptic account to link.

The trick now is finding a way to break the currently link between this account on cryptic and the link to PWE so i can add that link to the new PWE account. But regardless if i change the pw on the cryptic/PWE account, it will change it for the other. So how do i break the cryptic/PWE account link?
  • Options
    kitsuneshoujokitsuneshoujo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having trouble linking my accounts, when I try to login with my account name which I think was my old gmail account it gives me an error message and to contact customer service.

When I first logged onto this account it asked me if I wanted to link my cryptic account with this one, but I kept getting errors.

My old cryptic @handle was this the same as this forum name...

Is this ok to post..?

And three to four days to hear back from customer support? Honestly, that is not a good response time.

Oh and another thing: when you ask the cryptic site to send you an email for you password or account name, the email never shows up (tried it with my current email), and even looked in spam.
  • Options
    kitsuneshoujokitsuneshoujo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been waiting for three days now for a reply to my email I sent... how long can I expect to wait to get my account back?
  • Options
    jedtedjedted Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh and another thing: when you ask the cryptic site to send you an email for you password or account name, the email never shows up (tried it with my current email), and even looked in spam.

I'm still waiting on my password reset email too. I can't remember when i last played STO but i guess it was before the PWE merge because my email address wasn't registered with the site.

Right now i'm waiting on CS to reply to my email but i'm not sure if they'll be able to help.
  • Options
    fawkjoofawkjoo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got mine linked but wheres my old forum name I tried to pick it but it wouldn't let me -_- I thought NC was annoying.

No idea if my characters are there,this made me laugh though.

You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 04:00 PM Funny,I don't remember that In fact I believe I wasn't born yet LOL

Everything else seems to of linked ok

Star Trek Online Del Taco Promotion C
    Star Trek Online - Preorder
    Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscription
    Star Trek Online - Collector's Edition
    Star Trek Online Closed Beta
    Star Trek Online - Digital Retail

idk if it's because it contains a capital letter in it maybe?