What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck character: server not responding on loading screen [NOW RESOLVED!]

Comments

• Options
    thetruexenosthetruexenos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, i might have been able to bypass the sever not responding issue by using the safe log in option in the options start up, but now i have the "Login failed for unknown herpderp"

This is pretty bad, if they cant get this fixed before the weekend gets rolling im asking for a refund (LOLZ) or im going to write a letter to my senator. I could just rage quit, that is a more likely option.
  • Options
    woodrandywoodrandy Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried to find the old thread for this, but was not able to.

Has any progress been made in figuring out why some players are stuck at the map loading screen because of the server timing out?

Thank you for any update you may be able to give us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Admiral Randy Wood (UFP) - 1st Temporal Operations Group
    Admiral Womek (RR) - Temporal Operations Group
    Admiral Renan Wartok (RR) - Temporal Operations Group
    Admiral Raynal Waton (UFP) - Temporal Operations Group
    General Kragh (KDF) - House of Ta'al
  • Options
    captspock2233captspock2233 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why could they not leave well enough alone, for the last few days the only problem i had was not being able to delete my mail. How is is they "try" to fix one problem, and TRIBBLE something else up. why would they even touch the rest of the code.
  • Options
    upr2000upr2000 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Problems also occur in germany.
    Forums filling, lots of users can't login, mood is actually very bad about that new patch.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I thought perhaps i could fudge past the server not responding by starting in safe mode and porting to earth space dock, but now i have the "Login failed because we herp derp" issue. Furthermore, i can hardly post on the forums now!

We need more spam brothers, more spam!
  • Options
    balorgafdanbalorgafdan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or you could you know, use the thread for the Log in Issue and not take the focus off those of us who can't load our characters because they're stuck in a Map Transition for 3days.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If only there was some way we could just reset our chars to Earth Skydock or something, pulling them out of wherever they are. Not like its some unfair something, we can already transwarp there for free..
  • Options
    azpatraoazpatrao Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been waiting patiently for days, but this is going too far...
  • Options
    sk4psk4p Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been unable to log into my Fed main since Tuesday. Klingon alt, Fed alt, Romulan alt all good. "Server not responding".
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Login not an issue now, still main character still jammed in Server Not Responding. Bran, please an update on this matter ???
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    borg101010borg101010 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even after the patch today (5/24), my one Romulan toon can not be logged in...Server Not Responding. Gets to 94% and rolls time. All my Federation and Klingon toons log in fine.
  • Options
    shadowspar1shadowspar1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I managed to get in! Now lets see how long it lasts.
  • Options
    woppy1woppy1 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    Login not an issue now, still main character still jammed in Server Not Responding. Bran, please an update on this matter ???

you wont get an answer about that mate hes far too busy counting his money and laughing all the way to the bank to care about us little people!!!!
  • Options
    zackeryvosszackeryvoss Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mine does the same thing. I can login with all my other characters but my romulan. I get to 94.50s then my screen shows "server not responding". Its been like this since yesterday.
  • Options
    karath86karath86 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Going on three days of being unable to access my Romulan character because of this problem. I opened a ticket and got nothing but canned responses that had nothing to do with my problem. The lack of communication about this issue is frustrating. Legacy of Romulus is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth.
  • Options
    yeoman85yeoman85 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is getting silly now - how comes every time they patch it to 'fix' something, they break it somewhere else? I very nearly bought a lifetime membership earlier - nearly. That's ?128 that I'm glad I didn't spend today.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Agreed, good thing not much invested in this nut punch of a game.

I just want to fly and pewpew! :(
  • Options
    cryox1cryox1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem is not limited to |Romulan characters .
    For the last 48 hours i m trying to play one of my KDF chars and the map (Eta Eridani Sectoe Space) never opens as the "server not responding".
    I was hoping that the last patch may fix this but in vain.Nothing has changed.
    Basically i cannot access the game at all since i m unable to play the char i want.
    My patience is running thin.:mad:
  • Options
    outsider1580outsider1580 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem for me, cannot access my toon since May 21.
  • Options
    champbaccachampbacca Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there any way to make a poll or something, to find out just how many there are of us affected by this? Judging by the responses, this is getting rather widespread...
    ____
    "Have you tried reversing the polarity of the neutron flow?" - T'Raava, captain of the U.S.S. Gordon Shumway
  • Options
    morden2morden2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    doktorrenz wrote: »
    After the patch.... still stuck at 94%..

WTF Cryptic? What is wrong with you???

Well after today's patch I am still broken.. I still feel like we are not being heard..
  • Options
    grandadmthrawngrandadmthrawn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey,
    Anyone else unable to log in as a specific character? - It has been like this since the 21st.
    I can get to character selection, pick a character then it counts up to around 94 on the numbers on the right and the server just says "Server Not Responding" for ever, i've left it for over an hour.
    All other characters log in fine on the account.
    First support ticket was 'closed' without comment.
    Second one has been setup.
  • Options
    kreugekreuge Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This happened to me a few mins after logging in to the expansion. My character has been stuck and will not time out from "server not responding" bug. I am tiring of all this bs they are throwing at us. Already existing problems should have been fixed before adding the expansion.
  • Options
    unplayaunplaya Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    God this game gets my goat new romulus game is up all previous characters gone. Cannot even play any of my old characters all i get is server not responding have to start from scratch i have payed to play what a waste of money anyone having the same issues. :S
  • Options
    dekker05dekker05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well they changed the text at the top from yellow to green. So maybe that is progress?

Just tried it and my character is still stuck with the map transition bug. So this doesn't look fixed yet.
  • Options
    spaciumindagatorspaciumindagator Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What worries me is it is Friday and they won't have it fix for this weekend.

So most likely problem will persist through this Weekend.
  • Options
    serlo371serlo371 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unplaya wrote: »
    God this game gets my goat new romulus game is up all previous characters gone. Cannot even play any of my old characters all i get is server not responding have to start from scratch i have payed to play what a waste of money anyone having the same issues. :S

2 of my 4 character are in loading screen purgatory...you are not alone.

A game-breaking debacle this is. :(
  • Options
    elrac3elrac3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get to the character select, but regardless of which one I select it starts to load.. I do not get a server not responding message.. but ultimately it times out and give me the unknown reason message.
  • Options
    dwcjackaldwcjackal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup iv been haveing this problem for the parst 4 days or so. This is getting ridiculous now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Rabble rabble rabble!
This discussion has been closed.