equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There isn't one.

Try this

Hope it works for ya.
  • Options
    arrowdasharrowdash Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's nice that people want to offer suggestions for fixing this issue, but please read through the thread before doing so. This issue is not resolvable on the client side. It is an issue on Cryptic's side.

Cryptic's communication outreach and technical support have been horrendous regarding this issue. The emails I received from tech support after I submitted a ticket are laughable in their lack of even comprehending the issue.There are players in this thread with thousands of dollars of real money tied up in characters that are no longer accessible. Cryptic has provided them with no explanation as to whether their characters will ever be accessible again in the future.

Even worse, its clear from reports in this thread that this bug is continuing to occur. That means that every player who makes a map transition in this game is placing their character at risk. Why this issue hasn't garnered widespread concern among the playerbase is beyond me. Why Cryptic hasn't been more vocal on this issue is also very concerning.
  • Options
    balorgafdanbalorgafdan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing in the patch notes suggests this will be fixed with the May 24th downtime.

/sighs

Vishala... still in some type of limbo since 5/22

Oh don't bother creating a ticket, they hit you with a TOS violation warning about creating a ticket for the same issue after they close the first ticket. Even though they tell you on the last line to submit a ticket if you're still having problems... LOLOL.
  • Options
    morden2morden2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you transfer to Tribble, the bug transfers with you.

So if (and it's a very big if considering character rollbacks and the like) something is corrupted that means the character's completely lost, it won't help.

Yes but I am able to access the character as long I don't map move.. So this is a good option to preserve the all of your information. I have proven this time and time again.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    morden2 wrote: »
    Yes but I am able to access the character as long I don't map move.. So this is a good option to preserve the all of your information. I have proven this time and time again.

Those of us posting in this thread are stuck IN a map move. Your problem is more than likely different. We can't access our character at ALL.
  • Options
    serlo371serlo371 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thomas28th wrote: »
    I think they broke something with certain characters... since I only get this one on the Romulan I want to play, and can use new characters and other previously existing ones with no issue.

My old Klingon character is locked as well. So it's definitely not only new Romulans.
  • Options
    champbaccachampbacca Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By now, I'm actually considering deleting the character, since she's only level 14, and starting a new one. The problem is, it can and probably will happen again, right?
    ____
    "Have you tried reversing the polarity of the neutron flow?" - T'Raava, captain of the U.S.S. Gordon Shumway
  • Options
    arrowdasharrowdash Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    champbacca wrote: »
    By now, I'm actually considering deleting the character, since she's only level 14, and starting a new one. The problem is, it can and probably will happen again, right?

In the absence of any explanation from Cryptic, and given that it has been reported here by players as continuing to occur, it appears that it could potentially happen to any character during map transitions in any location of the game.
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It could, but I'm not so sure...

I have something like fourteen or fifteen characters. One of these is stuck in the permanent 94% map transition thing. Two others on day one, when I tried to log them in, lingered on that screen for a while as well - until I closed the client - but since then function normally. And the others haven't been caught post-login in a transition at any point. Yet, anyway.

Mind you, I still want the one that's stuck back. I won't be devastated if I can't - I know full well others have fewer fallback options - but it's completed all duty officer tiers, two reputation tracks, has a bunch of dilithium and zen in non-reclaimable Fleet gear invested in it, so it's not most disposable of my many minions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Okay, not going to do that yet, then. It has been a few days after all, the probability of it getting noticed and fixed should increase a little.
    ____
    "Have you tried reversing the polarity of the neutron flow?" - T'Raava, captain of the U.S.S. Gordon Shumway
  • Options
    doktorrenzdoktorrenz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After the patch.... still stuck at 94%..

WTF Cryptic? What is wrong with you???
  • Options
    doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    doktorrenz wrote: »
    After the patch.... still stuck at 94%..

you f...... kidding me??.. WTF Cryptic? What is wrong with you???

TRIBBLE. Im off today, was hoping this patch would make me feel safe about playing. but ^ your still stuck? Forget it. Im not risking any of my toons.

Someone needs to get on the Red Alert channel in game and alert players to this monster that could destroy their toons. The public needs to know.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • Options
    secondof3secondof3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't had any problems with STO until todays maintenance. Now I'm suffering the same as most - IF my characters appear (i.e. the screen doesn't hang on 'retrieving list of characters' or 'unknown login error') than all I receive when attempting to play is a hang on 'retrieving list of maps'. As a software developer myself it is almost uncomprehendable the amount of time Cryptic spend with STO down for maintenance.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for your patience, Captains! STO maintenance is now complete. We'll see you in-game!

Haha, good one. I'd laugh, but I am detecting increasing quantities of mad particles within me which inhibit any kind of laughter...
    ____
  • Options
    eagle420eagle420 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting the same login fail error thought you guys fixed this already :rolleyes:
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even Neverwinter Nights is affected with it
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    woppy1woppy1 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they are an absolute joke, more interested in taking money off you and laughing all the way to the bank rather than fixing anything, people have been like this now for over THREE days but I bet they don't refund anyone for the inconvenience caused when they finally do PULL THEIR FINGERS OUT OF THEIR COLECTIVE A**E'S and get it fixed
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I barely have time to rage on the forum since the website isn't even up ;) Just take all the servers offline already... why say it's up again and then 5 mins later say sorry we have 4 hours emergency maintenance... as the years pass by its gets more frequent and more annoying. All about lock box, which is fair enough with regards to making a profit etc, but for the servers not to be up how do expect to make it?

It's not a login error. Just servers overloaded I expect. I was in game then the ship I was trying to kill stayed at 0% for 5 mins and I couldn't even load the website.
  • Options
    niihainiihai Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ***Resolved Issues***
    "Login failed for unknown reason" error

They really need to remove that from the header...

Same here. Haven't had any problems until today. Now, I can't get in at all. :confused:
  • Options
    niihainiihai Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ***Resolved Issues***
    "Login failed for unknown reason" error

They really need to remove that from the header...

Same here. Haven't had any problems until today. Now, I can't get in at all.
    :confused:
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    character load screen can't even be retrieved. ermm if it helps at all. before this patch/downtime I wasn't getting any of the loading problem that others was having.
    now I am :(
  • Options
    jash0416jash0416 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess Ill STILL not be getting on my main toon anytime soon. Hopefully Ill get another automated response to my support ticket about how to restart my computer because the problem clearly isn't with PWE
  • Options
    caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, this is getting very tiresome now. Can you just take the damn server offline and fix it?
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • Options
    revalahrevalah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cant seem to get on holodeck at all since the patch. I can get on tribble however
  • Options
    innerphoenixinnerphoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok what the heck pwi , i log on , slow as TRIBBLE , choose my fed character , says loading map lists , then starts loading then BAM login failed for unknown reason ? wtf come on you lazy punks login failed for unknown reason during loading ? i was already logged in you guys really need to pull up your socks , due to so many issues i have decided i will not be getting a LTS for STO any more.
  • Options
    valdescaavaldescaa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knerdy wrote: »
    Well I finally get in when I see it is going down in 10 minutes..LOL!

this is tested if you are 10min with the server not responding count it work?
    Time Zone Spain. GMT +2. I'm not English, so try to understand my texts from the context.Thanks. Acolade Complete: Discontinuing Payment.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    How is the log in unknown error even related to our issue??

SERVER NOT RESPONDING STILL

Unable to play my damn character - she's still stuck in a map transition.
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it because I ate that pizza Cryptic, I don't feel so good. Sky high sci fi over the hills.

Annoying it even takes a minute to make a sarcastic remark..
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, this is another issue entirely guys. Reserve this thread for the map transition bug, please. I'm sure there's five others for The Wrath of the Unknown Reason and the other new w.a.i. features.

(Although now I think of it, they might be related. The character of mine that got stuck was the first I (failed to) login to before getting the Unknown Reason fail. I guess I'll know for sure when they re-remove the Unknown Reason bug and I can't log into my main anymore.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    jeroen187jeroen187 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mehhhh still not able to login
This discussion has been closed.