test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck character: server not responding on loading screen [NOW RESOLVED!]

Comments

• arrowdasharrowdash Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look I don't understand all the anger on here they are explaining what is going on and giving us a time frame for a fix. They COULD just ignore us and give no response but obviously that would make them a pretty poor company.

Actually, they haven't explained what is going on and have given no time frame for a fix. For those who think tomorrow's patch is going to fix this issue, read Brandon's post:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10283201&postcount=14
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look I don't understand all the anger on here they are explaining what is going on and giving us a time frame for a fix. They COULD just ignore us and give no response but obviously that would make them a pretty poor company.

Nope, they don't explain what's going. And metthink they will never do, and frankly, I don't give a damn. What matters is that these people are getting a timeframe, update on the issue, access to their main character. Or are those, that migh loose a lot, allowed to knock on your door and ask you to refund the losses ??? Did you have read the release notes of the emergency patch. Nothing mentioned about this issue in it, only some server improvements and things that aren't that urgent or important. We have all our patiences with this issue, hoping that they solve it, but it starts to wear thin.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • pissonyoutoopissonyoutoo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Well i'm not angry, i'm new here and just informing the community about my status for the same problem. But i CAN undestand people who invest lot of time in this game and its their primary game where they spend their free time.
  • thetruexenosthetruexenos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My seconds are now over 9000!!!!! Over 10,000 actually. I will force my way into this game, ill do it!
    edited May 2013
    And 13,000! She cant take much more Captin'!

:(
  • jash0416jash0416 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its great that they have given us an update on this problem
    edited May 2013
    15,723s and counting! Its almost like im in queue, which was a theory.. that perhaps the queue system no longer appeared and i just say here tell there was enough room... it could be! Just.. gotta have patience right? THANKS FOR MY PATIENCE RIGHT?!
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As I said they are not going to do anything about it, they do not even talk about it. I promise you, by next Tuesday same story..... They have people working on costumes and trivial stuff like that. If they really thought that getting the hundreds? or even thousands? back in, they would not be worrying about costumes!
  • blacksouleternalblacksouleternal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was playing fine and then left the bridge and server not responding... went for over 500 seconds, no patching files message nothing, closed the game down and restarted, server light green, and now not responding again going 2000 seconds and climbing. o_O?
  • xenophreakxenophreak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same issue, can't play my character because it's stuck on infinite loading screen. Here's the ticket reply (note the pro signature). I feel like a valued customer after dropping hundreds of dollars into a game that gives me this kind of support:

Hello

Thank you for contacting us.

If you find that you have become stuck in a public zone, such as Earth Spacedock, please try changing instances. Doing this should return you to the nearest spawn point with no associated penalty.

Should you become stuck inside of mission you can try the ?Abort Mission? button located at the top left of the minimap which should allow you to leave immediately. Please note that this option will cancel any progress made in that mission, however, you should see the option to continue the mission once you have returned to sector space.

Additionally, a quick log out and back in has also been known to resolve certain stuck issues and return you to your current instance or mission.

If you are stuck in any space map, using ?Transwarp? should return you to Earth Spacedock or Qo?noS depending on your faction.

In the event that these options still do not resolve your issue please update this ticket with as many details as possible and we will attempt to contact you.

Thank you for playing! <your name here>
    Perfect World Support

HOW THE HELL DOES THIS EVEN APPLY TO MY TICKET!?!?!?! DID YOU BOTHER READING THE DAMN THING MR. <your name here>?
  • endeav1endeav1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karcorner wrote: »
    As I said they are not going to do anything about it, they do not even talk about it. I promise you, by next Tuesday same story..... They have people working on costumes and trivial stuff like that. If they really thought that getting the hundreds? or even thousands? back in, they would not be worrying about costumes!

Why do you assume the artist team working on stuff like costumes is capable of dealing with issues like this?
  • carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sftim725 wrote: »
    I hope they're going to compensate us with some sort of in-game reward.
    It's an Interruption of Service. No payments are refundable, for any reason.

Read sections 17 and 18 of the terms of service you agreed to before downloading the game.
  • dantherulerdantheruler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look guys MOST are fine and able to enjoy the game. It is not their job to make sure things are 100% just that most are having an enjoyable launch. We just have to wait our turn, if 1000 people have a graphical glitch versus a few that can't log in requires they take care of the 1000 first. Once there is enough of us that can't log in they will probably address this, so just relax.
    edited May 2013
    Look guys MOST are fine and able to enjoy the game. It is not their job to make sure things are 100% just that most are having an enjoyable launch. We just have to wait our turn, if 1000 people have a graphical glitch versus a few that can't log in requires they take care of the 1000 first. Once there is enough of us that can't log in they will probably address this, so just relax.

Lol, you are the funiest at home ???

When the trashcans are outside.

There is an amount of about 200 Mil EC's on my jammed main character, about 3.9 Mil of refined Dil and you expect that : hey, that isn't an urgent matter, so wait your turn and twist your fingers till they fix it. Might I knock on your account to fund me that amount ??? Think not. And as the topics of this issue spawned like mushrooms in autnum and the amount of posts in here, there is obvious a serious matter going that needs a fix without that any of those that are affected with this bug are losing anything of their possessions. It's clearly that this issue should be a top priorty for Cryptic, and not that trivial issue of aaaaack you dare to charge me 750 Zen for a costum ship look (solution was simple, or workaround, slap the randomize button till the ZEN counter showed 0).
  • amahcreallyamahcreally Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's on your end in the network somewhere between you and the game servers most likely. In the game right now and haven't been disconnected tonight yet.
    edited May 2013
    Captains log stardate 20,000s.

Still waiting, still spamming forums. Complaint has now reached 35, perhaps at 40 more attention will be provided, perhaps we must struggle on to 100 pages, i can not know, only that i must fight on for what i believe and in defense of the federation and the need to pewpew lazorz.

~Xenos
    edited May 2013
    I bet you won't be saying that when your main character gets stuck between maps :P
    edited May 2013
    I bet you won't be saying that when your main character gets stuck between maps :P

I hope he suffers the same soon:mad:
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's an Interruption of Service. No payments are refundable, for any reason.

Read sections 17 and 18 of the terms of service you agreed to before downloading the game.

Read that bit you quoted again. They aren't asking for a refund, just a little "we're sorry for messing this launch up so that you couldn't play for 4 days straight (and counting), here have this shiny". Which isn't at all unreasonable in my opinion.

Remember that they did a rollback in the Neverwinter Beta (not even a game that's gone to market) and compensated everyone with some shiny. Asking for some similar treatment in a game that IS actually on the market is assuredly fair and reasonable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
    edited May 2013
    I expect he is being a bit sarcastic gents. I choose to take it that way and find it fitting to the thread anyways.
  • blacksouleternalblacksouleternal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I rebooted, and tried yet again and it still goes right to server not responding forever. Everything else works, other games/general browsing etc etc.
  • tiger4195tiger4195 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't even really know what to say at this point that hasn't already been said 800 times over.... This is absurd. I've NEVER seen an MMO fail this badly at unlocking stuck characters. The worst I've ever seen was maybe a 2-3 hour wait on WoW to get a toon unstuck. But to have THIS many stuck, and NO ONE working on it? This is insulting....
    We have top men working on it.

Really? Really... You can claim that all you want, but until I see some sort of REAL information coming out of Cryptic, I'm not buying it. Not for a dollar, not for all the ocean front property in Arizona. If they could even give us an idea, a hypothesis, a GUESS as to what is wrong, and what they're doing to fix it, then I wouldn't be so frustrated. But right now, it just feels like they're ignoring us until they deal with the other stuff that's either an easy fix, or that makes the game look prettier, because that is SO important to those of us who CAN'T PLAY..... :mad:
  • azpatraoazpatrao Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems like there's server maintenance today, I wonder if we'll be able to access the game after that
    edited May 2013
    azpatrao wrote: »
    Seems like there's server maintenance today, I wonder if we'll be able to access the game after that
    Probably not: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10283201&postcount=14
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My guess is, that their dirty coding is really biting their a**es now.
    Years of quick dirty code-on-demand, very Little testing: *BOOM* in yer face!
    /Floozy
    edited May 2013
    Captains log stardate 25694.00

Still no response, campaign to spam vocally and a futile hope that my patience is in some way taking up server space while i linger in limbo still appears hopeless. For now i will sleep, perhaps come morning, some 28,800.00 seconds from now, something will be resolved, otherwise my war will continue.

Battle on brothers, leave no minute unbumped, we will be heard.

~Xenos
  • dtranquildtranquil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DAY 4: I am one of the FEW, they say they will look into my issue, but have not been able to play my toon! Cordial way to treat a lifer huh!
    "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

Your siggy needs updating

The needs of the lockbox outweigh the needs of the few

or

The needs of the cash show outweigh the needs of the player.

Or

The needs of the couple outweigh the needs of the few thousand.

As really fixing a graphical glitch where a bit of armour has a slight clipping issue is more important that people unable to use their chars since the launch of L O R ?

Yeah im a bit peeved time off work and i cant even use my main and cant even "fund" a new alt and playing from level 1 with the singularity speed restrictions is already driving me mad.....
  • dantherulerdantheruler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since none of us can log in anyways this seems like a great chance to invest in the Legacy pack, excellent value there. Or help support the game so we can get back into it by purchasing a lifetime sub for the discount rate, limited time offer people!
  • azpatraoazpatrao Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :D

Well that's not promising. We've been told that for a few days :(
  • tiger4195tiger4195 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since none of us can log in anyways this seems like an excellent chance to invest in the Legacy pack, excellent value there. Or help support the game so we can get back into it by purchasing a lifetime sub for the discount rate, limited time offer people!

So... Us not being able to log in and play our characters is a good reason to throw more money at them so we can STILL not play our characters? I fail to see your logic....

Either that, or this is brillt sarcasm, which I truly hope it is.... And if it is, bravo to you sir.

Still no response on my trouble ticket. Still can't play my main. I miss being able to play. Guys, c'mon. Give us something.... Please? An update? Some info? Something.....:(
This discussion has been closed.