test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• nagon02nagon02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    heatguard wrote: »
    Started back at 2:30 est at 15180 out of 15189, now at 559 out of 24606. and as I near my time to finally get into the game a thought occurred to me, I can not remember what character I'm on now.....

Cancel the login and make sure you're on the right toon? :P
  • dwergarpdwergarp Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I waited one hour for a character login and said to hell with it. was still about 8700 is in queue. they need to fix this.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay... That does it for me... I'm done as a F2P player! I'm sick of these frakkin ridiculous log-in queues! I'm totally sick of not being able to play when I want to play!

So.... I'm renewing my gold membership tomorrow! So there! Muwhahahaha! :P
  • pinkrikerpinkriker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    >be driving
    >going around 50, with traffic steady but thick
    >car rides my tail, swerve passes me giving me a dirty look
    >I keep going and pull next to him at redlight
    >greenlight
    >guy burns rubber whilst I continue on
    >stop at next redlight next to him

happens all the time, just relax. we all have to stop at red lights
  • wintiemintiewintiemintie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nagon02 wrote: »
    Cancel the login and make sure you're on the right toon? :P

Itsa twwaappp.
  • russ2539russ2539 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do realize that you aren't the only person that plays this game right? There are tens of thousands of players and each one of them wants to get on and see the new LoR stuff as soon as possible.

And every single one of those customers who has a gold membership gets moved to the head of the queue.

Snarky comments like this one don't help. I've been queued up for well over two hours and can't get in. The same thing happened to me yesterday for over an hour. The problem is getting worse, not better. It's perfectly reasonable, and not self-centered, to be concerned and want answers.

If the folks at Cryptic/STO weren't prepared then they shouldn't have executed the massive update/reconfig until they were sure they had the server space to handle it.

Beyond that, I've been playing this game for only a couple of weeks, but I've been playing it every day. The game has gone down for "maintenance" at least once every day in that time. Usually in 3 hour blocks of time. This is entirely contrary to the company's assertion that they perform maintenance once per week.

I really enjoy the game, and I love the update. But if they don't improve the downtime issues and this maddening hours-long access queue, there's no way I'm upgrading to a paid membership.

Russ

P.S. When someone asks a legitimate question or makes a legitimate observation and you make snarky comments just for the sake of doing it, that makes you a "troll". And internet trolls are the lowest form of pond scum in the universe. Remember people, there are no stupid questions - just dumbass douches who spew their idiotic opinions on you when you weren't even talking to them.
  • russkulykrusskulyk Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah the Queue isn't moving very fast. They basically redesigned the entire game from what I saw yesterday. With so many changes it will take a while to work out all the bugs. This Queue thing is bad though, people will just give up and go play a different game. The worst thing your game can do is make people log off and go play another game so I hope the STO team gets this sorted fast.
    If the wait is still there in a few days I will likely just stop trying to log in and move on with my gaming life.
  • partyotterpartyotter Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol what a joke, i'm just gonna go play Dota 2, maybe if cryptic hasn't gone out of business in a month I will check back in.
  • nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know I think Cryptic have run out of excuses now. Ok it's understandable when a game for the first time isn't prepared for insane server loads and thousands logging on, however this isn't the first time with Cryptic. They should have realised now based on past experience that the servers need improving, one per game at least.

Sticking with the the whole "People will give up eventually and server will quiet down soon" isn't the right approach. You'd think they want to lose money, because by putting money towards their servers might mean the difference between returning players staying or leaving. If I was a returning player experiencing this, I don't think I'd stick around.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • loozackloozack Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhogen wrote: »
    This is a little ridiculous... a login queue, which I have never encountered before, of 24000?? In the middle of the day on a Wednesday!? Seriously....

I would say you need more servers or the ability to add more players... Or is this a F2P tactic?

Don't think it's the tactic - I've been reading the thread a bit and it seems to me that the money spenders are also exepriencing troubles with login...

Nevertheless it is extremly frustrating - I've been downloading the patch for the last week, more or less successfully (I'm on a 0,5 Mbit connection only, mind you), and after it finally was there I was stuck in the queue for 5 hours now. TRIBBLE it, going to bed.
  • bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikedigger wrote: »
    yes you are right cryptic should go and f*** themselves,but trust me they will get fu**ed. That expansion did cost time and money and yes 80 to 90 % of the players who got attracted by that expansion will be lost forever so will be for some time some older players who sit the next 2 weeks out and they definitely lost a lot of people who were consideiring the life time membership. Overall they will lose money and heads will roll. Just hope they publish the name of the fired people so that no one ever hires them.

By the way 23115 out of 25676 after i waited two hours to get in i got a server disconnect. Guess the server stability update works as intented

you may be right with this, heads will indeed roll.
    this is so bad for business right now.
  • nikkipadennikkipaden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to add a side note, if you are in game and not doing anything please log out, even 1 person leaving the game could speed the queue up for us 25,000 waiting to get in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    {UFP} Diplomatic Corps Foreign Officer, Romulan Imperial Guard Officer
  • wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    to put it more accurately, If STO's queue was a traffic jam, it would be a city in the new Sim City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
  • whoeishetwhoeishet Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was actually looking at buying the starter kit. Then i thought, lets login first and see.
    waiting queu 24K...

Lol guess again.

Later trekkies, i got better things to do.
  • wildeye042wildeye042 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I vote for letting everyone play Dabo while they are waiting in the queue.
  • dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Buy an extra server or two.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sutton12 wrote: »
    This is just ridiculous. Queues keep getting longer and longer. People - Gold and Silver alike - spend enough money on this game. If people are not able to play you annoy them. This does not entice people to upgrade their accounts. Get some extra servers in your farm already...
    You will notice that the higher number is just getting higher, while your number is getting lower, which means that you're getting closer to getting into the game. So it's not getting longer where you're concerned, it's just getting longer for those that come after you.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
    edited May 2013
    kane2007 wrote: »
    don't think ill be playing tonight as ive been in que now 4 hours I started at 25k am down to 11k
    I've been que'd for almost 5 hours. I was 12859/20678 then i checked and i was 56/25986 and got all excited i was finally gonna get to play.......then it went back up to 3056/26345 . I'm no expert but aren't you suposed to be getting closer to login than farther?
    I've been that guy saying be patient, but honestly i'm about to rage a bit.

that is a excellent example of LTSers getting 'preimum' spaces in the queue. Non-LTSers wait hours LTSer logs in and waits ten mins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lucass24lucass24 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi
    Just tried to get into the game and was sitting at 24,670 lol thought i would add my ten pence worth.....Lucass24
  • darktalon81darktalon81 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I discovered a fix! If you exit the game and repatch you should notice the queue shorter. Try it out!!

.:D
  • born9born9 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All they have to do to fix is the que is to get get more servers and it does not take all day to do it. I think they don't care and right now there no attempting to fix it
  • byzanathosbyzanathos Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    actually a bit of a shame thinking of the potential customers who have come to or come back to the game to check out the expansion only to not even be able to login. they will probably just walk away.
  • belthazorxbelthazorx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeaa same here... It's taking to long now.
    Already making decisions on what other game to play tonight :(

Hopefully they will get there things together quick...
  • zadamazadama Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, I'm not too bothered about the queue, as it shows that there is huge interest in the game and the Star Trek IP as a whole - no doubt Into Darkness has pushed up the number of people willing to give the game a try.

I remeber the Content Drought (of, what, two years ago?) under Atari and how the game came so close to being shutdown. The fact that people want to play the game isn't a bad thing; it's quite the contrary. Cryptic will get the problems under control, they just need a little time - like most other modern MMO makers.
  • mustakyymustakyy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mustakyy wrote: »
    Wohoo, your queue position is 24682 out of 24784. Ok, 10mins of tv and back to see the progress... 23870 out of 24254.
    I guess my DOF's didnt wanna work overnight.

ZzzzZzzzZ, over and out... 22723 out of 25202. Nite all (Its 11pm here), back to try again in 18hrs.
  • wintiemintiewintiemintie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    15.6K in Queue

At this rate its going to be a loonngggg time before I buy a D'D Refit.

You want our money cryptic, you gotta let us play. :|
  • jasperblaster696jasperblaster696 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just dropped que....i got bumped from 16k-24k up to 20k-25k... Only day off this week, and I feel like i'm being prison sexed....have a good day all.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vilkang wrote: »
    LOL started at 24179

welcome to mmo gaming
    maybe Im wrong but I bet the biggest complainers here don't even give PWE a penny
    Im not a premium suber but I think they are the ones that should be pissed off.

I'm an F2Per. My post expressed nothing other than genuine, if extreme, surprise.

Didn't read any of the other posts here, though. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited May 2013
    I discovered a fix! If you exit the game and repatch you should notice the queue shorter. Try it out!!

.:D

Yea the queue is shorter for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dispiacere1dispiacere1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I suppose tonight I'm not going to play, even after I spent a lot of ??? for a Legacy Pack.
    Now I'm queued at 20.000+.
    PWE needs really to start up some machines.