test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime Subscription Sale Ending Soon! [Now Ended]

Comments

• tahlloltahllol Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wait you want people to buy a subscription for a massive price to sit in que for hours and hours?
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well gold and LTS do get in eventually... but non-paying peeps sit in unmoving queues.
  • nateofborg6nateofborg6 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in line 1531 for an hour still hasn't moved
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Bran, already got my LTS and btw, i really pitty you today, your job must have been HELL withe server login and patching problems...but hmm..just have to be a smartalek and ask...how many LTS did ya sell today really?
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • towdogtowdog Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in line 1531 for an hour still hasn't moved

I'm hoping there's a lot of ghosts in the queue. I may be in the queue several times myself, if that's happening.

It's moving, I'm guessing there'll be another push update soon.
  • ototo999ototo999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just made my numbers and with the current offer, if u gonna be Sub, in example, for 1 year is 16,99$/month, so i think i will do it if the launcher ever loads
  • kev1186kev1186 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So is there a way to buy lifetime but pay it up in instalments ?
    I don't have that kind of money sitting around to pay in one payment
  • bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kev1186 wrote: »
    So is there a way to buy lifetime but pay it up in instalments ?
    I don't have that kind of money sitting around to pay in one payment
    Nope, it's an all or nothing thing.

I suppose you could put it on a credit card, but the interest rate would really not be worth it.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question;

I'm part of a dirty commie Canadian credit union. Will PWE take my money? Or do they only take money from bailout industries?
    <3
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question:

I currently have a recurring 3 month subscription, I got during the last sale. My next payment date is July 10 (after the sale ends) I could buy now, but would I lose the month and a bit I have left when I do so or would I be able to delay payment by one month and still get the offer?

I got a month free since a friend bought me the Collectors edition, so I'd hate to lose out on a months worth of paid for play, but at least it would only be a month.

Thanks in advance,

T
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you have sub time left over when you upgrade to LTS, you technically lose that sub time. But then you have a sub for the lifespan of the game.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought as much, just wanted to check. Thanks

Shaka, when the walls fell.
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My birthday is coming up and I'm tempted to gift this to myself. The advantage seems to be the monthly Zen stipend. Can someone who's a Lifer tell me how that works? - does the Zen appear in your account on the 1st of the month or exactly 30 days after you sign up, or some random day?

I'm asking because my birthday is in mid-June and today is 5/22. If I sign up for Lifetime today, would I get the first "deposit" of Zen immediately, or will it happen on the June 1 or something?
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If memory serves me when I had a monthly sub it would show up on the day that I signed up and would be available via the c-store. The same applies to LTS I believe.
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • thomasv6545thomasv6545 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so glad i bought it now , 3 secs and im in the game no que for me !
    one may not always recieve what one expected
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    My birthday is coming up and I'm tempted to gift this to myself. The advantage seems to be the monthly Zen stipend. Can someone who's a Lifer tell me how that works? - does the Zen appear in your account on the 1st of the month or exactly 30 days after you sign up, or some random day?

I'm asking because my birthday is in mid-June and today is 5/22. If I sign up for Lifetime today, would I get the first "deposit" of Zen immediately, or will it happen on the June 1 or something?

So here's how this works. Your Zen stipend will come on the day after you originally bought your LTS. I'll use myself as an example. I bought my LTS on the 16th (not of this month, I got it a while back). My Zen stipend then showed up on the 17th. So now my stipend shows up every month on the 17th. So if you buy your LTS today your stipends would show up every month on the 23rd. Also you get your first stipend literally the day after you buy your LTS. So it starts right away.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so glad i bought it now , 3 secs and im in the game no que for me !

Enjoy that while you can; sometimes during peak times right after a content update, there are so many LTSers logging in, even we get queues. Much shorter queues, but queues nonetheless.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • socalking1998socalking1998 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whole reason I wont again subscribe to this game again, and the reason why I would never consider shelling out the money for a lifetime membership is because of issues like today: I get one lousy day off a week and I cant log into the game thanks to way over crowded servers and a continually crashing que.

I know the devs and people will say "its because of the new expansion". So? There havent been a ton of MMO's over the years that have had the same issues you can use as a template to avoid the issue? Not like it was a surprise.

Very big fail guys.
    edited May 2013
    Whole reason I wont again subscribe to this game again, and the reason why I would never consider shelling out the money for a lifetime membership is because of issues like today: I get one lousy day off a week and I cant log into the game thanks to way over crowded servers and a continually crashing que.

I know the devs and people will say "its because of the new expansion". So? There havent been a ton of MMO's over the years that have had the same issues you can use as a template to avoid the issue? Not like it was a surprise.

Very big fail guys.
    Again, people don't read the thread before posting. Even WoW has this problem with major patches/expansions. It's just not practical to set up servers for the rush, only for them to go idle later when traffic goes back to normal.
    ____
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so this is the goal shut everyone off the server till they pay now ...then i'd say quit fraudulently adverting this game as free to play cause it isnt then....you want ot advert this game give me a month of solid play....
    i am not your sucker....i won't be fooled again.

p.s. ive paid enough for 3.5 of these current priced life time memberships.....
  • gtpermangtperman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Again, people don't read the thread before posting. Even WoW has this problem with major patches/expansions. It's just not practical to set up servers for the rush, only for them to go idle later when traffic goes back to normal.

That is just so completely not true and irrational. I played WoW since launch (I also played STO since launch) and WoW had this issue a couple of times, like the ... uh, 4.0 patch, I think it was? And that big 1.2 or whatever that gave us tracker options and whatnot, but no, it wasn't like this. It didn't happen every week during peak hours, it didn't have 2 hour queues, it didn't take 2 days (or more) to fix. Sorry man, just not true. Also, it did NOT happen at their DLC addon launches. I got on and played easily BC, TFT, and Cata launches day one.

I've been in queue for 2 hours, and I know that if I go watch a movie or something and come back that I will have been logged out for inactivity and have to start over, so basically I have to watch the screen until I am in or not play until I pay. Not acceptable. And btw, they don't 'build servers that would sit idle after the rush' they rent server space and chose not to pay for enough. Like always though, the Lifers will defend that decision so they won't know any better and will lose out on hundreds of thousands of new players who won't want to wait around for this to fix.
  • bulabajonesbulabajones Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All these lifetime subscriptions, zen-store payments from people who aren't lifers, and still Cryptic doesn't care about customers, first impressions, or expanding the player base enough to upgrade to better servers to handle log ins, and now we're waiting in queues of 22,000 people.

No way I am buying lifetime subscription when the money clearly DOES NOT go towards something as simple as better servers.
    Patching 11 files, 0 KB/s
    SERVER NOT RESPONDING (362.32s)
    Patching 87 files, 160.08 KB/s

victorginsocv2_zpsjqzbzllh.png

• liamculverliamculver Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This latest server business is a big let down. Of what I've seen of the new expansion (the 5 mins I got last night before I got booted out for maintenance) it does look great.

The expansion is too big - simple as. Its a 4GB download, which restarted on me no less than 4 times yesterday wasting 5GB of my limited monthly data allowance (plus 4GB for the expansion on top of that). I don't really care about the new stuff - I just wanted to fry some borg.

I think people have every right to be angry here. Even though I don't pay a subscription, over the past year I have spent 300+ euro on this game - far more than I have ever spent on a game. That makes me a customer, and as such I have a right to value for money.

The developers should have seen this coming, and should have made measures for the temporary surge in traffic. Common sense (or simple maths) should have prevented this. I suspect that we'll be seeing more of these queues in future.

Anyway, straying from the point of me coming here my question is if I buy a lifetime subscription do I get to jump the queue?
  • gtpermangtperman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    liamculver wrote: »
    Anyway, straying from the point of me coming here my question is if I buy a lifetime subscription do I get to jump the queue?

Yes you do. But seriously? After your own post your solution is to reward them for this?
    edited May 2013
    gtperman wrote: »
    That is just so completely not true and irrational. I played WoW since launch (I also played STO since launch) and WoW had this issue a couple of times, like the ... uh, 4.0 patch, I think it was? And that big 1.2 or whatever that gave us tracker options and whatnot, but no, it wasn't like this. It didn't happen every week during peak hours, it didn't have 2 hour queues, it didn't take 2 days (or more) to fix. Sorry man, just not true. Also, it did NOT happen at their DLC addon launches. I got on and played easily BC, TFT, and Cata launches day one.

I've been in queue for 2 hours, and I know that if I go watch a movie or something and come back that I will have been logged out for inactivity and have to start over, so basically I have to watch the screen until I am in or not play until I pay. Not acceptable. And btw, they don't 'build servers that would sit idle after the rush' they rent server space and chose not to pay for enough. Like always though, the Lifers will defend that decision so they won't know any better and will lose out on hundreds of thousands of new players who won't want to wait around for this to fix.
    It certainly did happen for Pandaria. Hours in queue, lagtastic and bugtastic when I got in. And I had multi-hour queues for 5.2 as well. I seem to recall the Wrath launch being similar, but that's far enough back I can't be certain. Again, maybe you were on a low-pop server. Mine certainly wasn't.

And you're going to have to cite where they're "renting servers." I've never read that from any reliable source.

I'm not a lifer, so your comment is way off-base. In addition, I've read Lifers right here on the forums ******** about it too. Might want to check your preconceived notions at the door.
    ____
  • ru4tedwardru4tedward Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh, they TOLD us this was going to be a big one. And that's great. But making the startup screens bigger than the ESD map was a bit of a glitch. I think that's what STILL has some people unable to log in. I've downloaded 3 updates since the big one (which for me was 10GB) and it still locks up on the player selection screen. I for one, will not be putting anything in to the game until I can be sure I can at least log in.
    edited May 2013
    gtperman wrote: »
    Yes you do. But seriously? After your own post your solution is to reward them for this?

Are you sure about that? I will pay the subscription, but only if i'm 100% sure I'll be able to jump the queue.

I don't see it as rewarding them for messing up. I would subscribe simply because of the many many hours of joy this game has brought me and for how good a job they have done with it.

This nonsense lately is a real bummer, but what can I say? It's a great game. If it wasn't I don't think people would be so annoyed.
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    liamculver wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? I will pay the subscription, but only if i'm 100% sure I'll be able to jump the queue.

I don't see it as rewarding them for messing up. I would subscribe simply because of the many many hours of joy this game has brought me and for how good a job they have done with it.

This nonsense lately is a real bummer, but what can I say? It's a great game. If it wasn't I don't think people would be so annoyed.
    you know the saying...there is a sucker born every minute .....how many minutes do you take befor eyou risk it and its a lie.....cause they took cash for legacy packs and didnt upgrade THIS ISSUE WAS ON THE PUBLIC BETA ....two weeks back and you have to think reviewers and others are gonan drop in and more new people...ugh

all i see are excuses in this thread.
    and ive paid more then most fo rwhat i wanted....i even envisioned an epsidoal like foundary set for everyone .....well i htink i got suckered....

15697 of 24596
    woot
    and let me tell you a warning IF YOU think some dumb script kiddy hackers are drooling at the fact that you have like 50 K people hanging at a login your insane this is a security risk LARGE for them , me and everyone....the queue jumped 20000 in less hten an hour where are these magical people coming from......

lets all login to the tribble public test server and see what happens
    at least i can yell at the devs inside it....
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Your Zen stipend will come on the day after you originally bought your LTS. I'll use myself as an example. I bought my LTS on the 16th. My Zen stipend then showed up on the 17th. So now my stipend shows up every month on the 17th. So if you buy your LTS today your stipends would show up every month on the 23rd. Also you get your first stipend literally the day after you buy your LTS. So it starts right away.
    Thanks, that answers my question.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
    edited May 2013
    you know the saying...there is a sucker born every minute .....how many minutes do you take befor eyou risk it and its a lie.....cause they took cash for legacy packs and didnt upgrade THIS ISSUE WAS ON THE PUBLIC BETA ....two weeks back and you have to think reviewers and others are gonan drop in and more new people...ugh

all i see are excuses in this thread.
    and ive paid more then most fo rwhat i wanted....i even envisioned an epsidoal like foundary set for everyone .....well i htink i got suckered....

15697 of 24596
    woot
    and let me tell you a warning IF YOU think some dumb script kiddy hackers are drooling at the fact that you have like 50 K people hanging at a login your insane this is a security risk LARGE for them , me and everyone....the queue jumped 20000 in less hten an hour where are these magical people coming from......

lets all login to the tribble public test server and see what happens
    at least i can yell at the devs inside it....

Thanks for the rant, but it doesn't answer my question. And no, I'm no sucker. I'm actually quite financially savvy. I love star trek, ever since I was a kid. I attribute part of my success in life to the morals I picked up watching star trek. Playing this game takes me away from my hectic life for a few hours and I become a kid again. That's a steal at $200. But only if I can jump this horrendous queue ;)
This discussion has been closed.