test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    griz94 wrote: »
    haha, yah. just got into this game, registered yesterday before going to bed, then the patch, then maintenence, NOW THIS?!?!?!? seriously, What the F***

...wow Cryptic, just...... wow..

You my friend are an example of why there's a queue. I don't mean that as an accusation simply a statement of fact.

You represent an influx of new players. The servers were buffed to handle additional players, but Cryptic underestimated the sheer volume it seems.

Foolish given the New movie likely boosted web searches which lead to more people finding the game.

HEY I'm in!
  • Options
    jengofett649jengofett649 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it took over an hour for me to move 1500 spaces.... this is gonna be a long night lol
  • Options
    iusassetiusasset Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After being 354 and not moving in queue for 2 hours...I suddenly get a loading screen and immediately dumped into Server Not Responding.

And then I get disconnected from server after a minute and a half.

Magnificent.
  • Options
    lethallarry1lethallarry1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    after waiting in line for about 45 minutes, I've suddenly moved up from 10090 to 8794. At this rate I'll be able to play in a few days!
  • Options
    xaraphinaxaraphina Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    djxprime wrote: »
    Here we go. I figured this would be relevant. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32lGi8boBC8

lol.. 5 miles in 12 years..
  • Options
    silvarnsilvarn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Short queue? 20k people in queue is short? (been waiting in queue for hour now...)
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fascinating. I actually got in. And I'm f-2-p
  • Options
    dtranquildtranquil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    finally got in , last i saw the queue peaked at just under 24000.... now hoping i dont get booted lol
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    right in still above 20000 sounds to me like propoganda.....
  • Options
    corporalmaccorporalmac Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm back up to 20,000+ from 15,900+. Moving alright, in the WRONG direction.
  • Options
    betanembetanem Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well its move alot faster now. :)
  • Options
    ixandelixandel Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's over 21000 now..
  • Options
    khilia87khilia87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Queues are going down.
  • Options
    marxbrudermarxbruder Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    que # 1041 just got in after 1.5 hours. Good luck, guys, i'll prolly get kicked in 5 minutes, anyway.
  • Options
    madaleinmadalein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    numbers moving down gradually now...bet i get booted as soon as it lets me in
  • Options
    sirwinnersirwinner Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Almost 1 1/2 hours to get out the the LOGIN QUEUE hell.

Finally in STO... There is hope!

:)
  • Options
    griz94griz94 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1627 eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  • Options
    queeg9000queeg9000 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    May seem a strange place to ask but I am not allowed to make my own thread for some reason.

I just installed today,I'm guessing its the worst possible time to be a first time player But I do have a few questions.

Where is the server list?I don't get how its possible for 7k+ people can be trying to get on a EU server at 4-5am in the morning.Even wow does not have that many this late on a single server after an expansion.

That brings me to my second question,is there even separate EU and US etc servers even?
  • Options
    bjs1981bjs1981 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my problem isn't with cryptic. they actually are doing a decent job RESPONDING... it's lame brains here in the forum that are acting like this is normal and we should be happy about it.

key word is REACTING.... not being pro-active. which is unfortunate. this problem shouldn't have happened in the first place
  • Options
    gidydudegidydude Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1500 and falling. I will see you at Spacedock everyone!
  • Options
    jsck82jsck82 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bjs1981 wrote: »
    go take your smug espresso sipping attitude elsewhere. you just betray your idiocy. "hmmm let's see how stupid i can be! i enjoy NOT being able to use the things i pay for, and then trying to pretend to show how mature i sound by telling other people to not be upset at the problem. look at me! i'm happy that i get to sit here like a moron watching a little number on a screen change instead of playing the game."

what a moron. why do i have to explain basic life principles to morons? the purpose of this forum is to let cryptic know just how unsatisfied their customers are with their product.. if everyone was happy, they would have no reason to solve the problem idiot.

So, let me get this right. A thread reporting a server full issue is the place to explain things to morons, while you are directly attacking a player, and generalising?

Nobody has said be happy with the problem. The fact is that it is not an intended effect, they will address it, life will move on.

Perhaps you can take your self-righteous, entitled, rude, arrogant sense of self-superiority (which, for the record, is false) elsewhere, and leave the thread to the people who are less rude than you.
  • Options
    drifytdrifyt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Q is dropping like 1000 per min atm for me so may 10 mins and im in!
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    "Watch your future's end Cryptic"
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    section31ethansection31ethan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I went from 8000 something to 4000 something! THERE IS HOPE! Go up!
  • Options
    digtalnarcosisdigtalnarcosis Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Weird... now my game is downloading ANOTHER 4gb... Total clusterfu@* today.
  • Options
    megasilvermegasilver Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jsck82 wrote: »
    Or else what? You'll nerd rage more.

It isn't that they didn't learn. I'm betting they learned a lot. But I'm guessing that they are experiencing new issues.

Be patient...don't be one of the "MEMEMEMEMEME! GIMMEGIMMEGIMME!" generation... please.

Here's where you fail to understand, my good sir. The entitlement argument, that you seem to be labling me in, has absolutely NO DEBATE HERE. We gamers can act entitled, because WE ARE ENTITLED; we're entitled to a service we paid good freaking money for, we're entitled to a smooth running service. And for you to just come out an insult me like this by saying that I'm saying 'MEMEMEMEME,' there's something wrong with you. And you, are being an accessory to the problem that this godforsaken industry has.
  • Options
    lethallarry1lethallarry1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ... and now I've jumped from 8794 to 5446 - I think they fixed something, there's actual flow in the queue now.
  • Options
    robinoldsrobinolds Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    11803/17650.

Seems to be jumping up and down like a yo-yo.....:confused:

7:44

7409/14117

Some giving up?

7:46

Random Star Trek comic....

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/star_trek_into_darkness.png

2281/9571