test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime Subscription Sale Ending Soon! [Now Ended]

Comments

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allanastar wrote: »
    Will be signing up for this asap when get paid cant wait!

we get stipend of 500 points per month as well right?

We sure do.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • pattonj324pattonj324 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So if I was a gold member at launch and then dropped to a silver after F2P, could I still grab the Lifetime? I remember Devs saying back in the day that it wasn't possible to go back and forth...
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pattonj324 wrote: »
    So if I was a gold member at launch and then dropped to a silver after F2P, could I still grab the Lifetime? I remember Devs saying back in the day that it wasn't possible to go back and forth...

You absolutely can. The only problems I remember with going back and forth between Gold and Silver were in CO. I don't think STO ever had any issues with going between those. But yes, you can absolutely go get yourself a LTS if you want.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • darkness01101darkness01101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like two years later and im finally happy I paid for a lifetime way back then.. ROMULANS! :)
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the first time, I might actually be in a position to buy an LTS...

Kinda depends on a bit of extra income I should be getting.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • pattonj324pattonj324 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pattonj324 wrote: »
    Yep, you can buy a Lifetime regardless of your current Silver/Gold status.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • astrah60312astrah60312 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been a lifetime member since the beginning...and I can't even get it to download. Highly disappointed!
  • earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nobody thinks that even at a knock down price it's a simply insane amount of money to pay for a game ?

Don't get me wrong, I get a lot of fun out of it and have played it for quite a while now but I am just unsure if I will still be playing in 1 years time or 2 years time so not sure if it's worth it ?

I am currently at max level and all that is left to do is grind and grind for dilithium but nothing worthwhile to spend it on.

I just spent all my dilith and fleet marks on Elite Space gear only to find out that the Advanced fleet gear I had before was actually better :eek:

The only thing I might do every so often is buy a new ship from the C-Store and a lifetime subscription serves me no benefit in that regard and would mean that I would need to fork out even more money for the things that I want to have.

For well over ?120 I get things like a special forum title ? Special captains table sections ?

They also list loads of other stuff claiming it's "Free" Well.... it's not really is it ? I'm buying it no ?

Am I missing out on something here ? Can anyone enlighten me ?
  • feerinafeerina Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glad i waited. I was on the fence a week ago. :cool:
    edited May 2013
    earwigvr6 wrote: »
    Nobody thinks that even at a knock down price it's a simply insane amount of money to pay for a game ?

Don't get me wrong, I get a lot of fun out of it and have played it for quite a while now but I am just unsure if I will still be playing in 1 years time or 2 years time so not sure if it's worth it ?

I am currently at max level and all that is left to do is grind and grind for dilithium but nothing worthwhile to spend it on.

I just spent all my dilith and fleet marks on Elite Space gear only to find out that the Advanced fleet gear I had before was actually better :eek:

The only thing I might do every so often is buy a new ship from the C-Store and a lifetime subscription serves me no benefit in that regard and would mean that I would need to fork out even more money for the things that I want to have.

For well over ?120 I get things like a special forum title ? Special captains table sections ?

They also list loads of other stuff claiming it's "Free" Well.... it's not really is it ? I'm buying it no ?

I've been playing off and on since Season 1 (Tamarian Envoy, yo). If I could've afforded the Lifetime back then, I would've. Yes, it's a lot of money... but so is a monthly subscription. I'm sure I've put more than $200 into WoW over the years, putting it into STO isn't a big deal.

Edit: It helps to keep that in mind: $15 /month means you'll break even after a little over 1 year at $199 (just under 2 years at $299).

I'm going to buy a Lifetime next month, provided my finances work out as planned. There's enough that will keep me playing for quite a long time to come. And even if I take a few months off, I'll have my collected stipend when I come back.
    ____
  • ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    earwigvr6 wrote: »

Which is a better value? To buy one soda out of the vending machine or to buy a pack of sodas at the grocery store? Well if you are only going to have 1 soda all year then of course the vending machine is a better value. The answer is different for everybody.

It helps if you have multiple alts. Everybody is different. That is what's so great about F2P. You decide what your experience is like.

I did my research and paid for what I wanted. Started off free. Then got the Collectors Edition at discount (Free 30 days). Bought some Zen (At discount). Got 4 character slots. Got the Ultimate Edition at discount (Another 30 days). And now finally got my lifetime today (At discount).

You can find many threads where people have already crunched the numbers.

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
  • gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been a lifetime member since the beginning...and I can't even get it to download. Highly disappointed!

I finally gave in today and got the Lifetime Sub because I love this game and thought the sale is worth it. Now there is some unknown login error. Very vexing.

This is probably a dumb question; but is there a chance that upgrading to Lifetime is what is causing the Unknown Error?
    edited May 2013
    gl2814e wrote: »
    I finally gave in today and got the Lifetime Sub because I love this game and thought the sale is worth it. Now there is some unknown login error. Very vexing.

This is probably a dumb question; but is there a chance that upgrading to Lifetime is what is causing the Unknown Error?
    Nah. The login servers are overwhelmed. I'm on a Gold account at the moment, can't log in.
    ____
  • gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nah. The login servers are overwhelmed. I'm on a Gold account at the moment, can't log in.

Well, that's good I guess. Well not good, but you know what I mean.
  • no0nexxno0nexx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If i buy a lts will they let me log in or still get log in failed??
  • arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok so I bought a lifetime sub at full price back two monthes ago and now I can't even log into the game I just paid all that money to play guys how bout so priority logins for gold and lifers?
  • shadowaxxshadowaxx Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    KTS are having login problems also.

Bran... is there a timeframe for the Romulan Veteran Ship release?

Thnx for bring back the LTS discount. It's a great value for a hardcore STO player.
    edited May 2013
    arathin wrote: »
    ok so I bought a lifetime sub at full price back two monthes ago and now I can't even log into the game I just paid all that money to play guys how bout so priority logins for gold and lifers?
    Priority logins wouldn't matter, it's a server issue they're trying to fix.
    ____
  • arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah i saw its just annoying is all grumble grumble rage rage rant:mad:

oh well I am a lifer so at least I will be able to eventually login lol
  • goldentribegoldentribe Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thankfully I already got lifetime sub last time you had it on sale.

Life Sub + Legacy pack + 1 Tholian Recluse = Best Sci Borg Romulan ever!

I'm a Borg-Romulan flying a Tholian Recluse, I scare Federation children.
    Your Isokinetic Cannon deals 150902 (37320) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Vonph Battleship.

This here is my BOOM stick.
  • majorstormmajorstorm Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm new to this game but would like to purchase lifetime membership.

Is there a restriction to when new players can make credit card transactions? It won't update my account :(

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=287541
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,537 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Be warned for anyone looking to purchase. The priority over the queue for Lifer's seems to be gone or at the very least, isn't working. :mad:
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't seen any issues with login... but when I was on a little while ago , I experienced a form of lag that was truely insane....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • towdogtowdog Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To celebrate the launch of Legacy of Romulus, lifetime subscriptions are on sale from now until June 21st, 2013 at 10AM PDT! Visit this page for full details.

Link to the Lifetime Subscription page.

Hmmm, I actually considered the lifetime subscription idea, but now I think I'll wait on that.

I logged in to the upgrade, and I liked what I saw...right up until I got disconnected from the server. No problem, it happens, log back in, then I found myself in a login queue.

Okay...waited in the queue: 254 out of 2,000. Got to the point where it looked like I was getting in, booted again, and back at the end of the queue. Now at 8678 out of 14,844 and not moving.

I'll tell you what, stuff happens, I know, but seriously? Once you get to the front of the line FINALLY, there needs to be some accommodation, like if disconnected, you don't get queued for 15 minutes or so. Even TEN minutes.

It's going to be unplayable like this...disconnections are frequent and this just isn't going to work.
  • budm420budm420 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After the servers came back up at 8:30 pm PDT I have been stuck in queue. There is like 15,999 + in queue. Can't see servers being full with that many in queue and not seeing any light of getting on. As I have been in the same spot in queue since I selected my character.
  • towdogtowdog Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    budm420 wrote: »
    After the servers came back up at 8:30 pm PDT I have been stuck in queue. There is like 15,999 + in queue. Can't see servers being full with that many in queue and not seeing any light of getting on. As I have been in the same spot in queue since I selected my character.

Yeah, guess they're working on it. I gave up. Try again tomorrow I guess...
  • stearns1stearns1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heck they finally seem to have the login problem fixed and I still cant play cause they cant seem to figure out how big of a server they need to host the number of players they have. I'm 1800 out of 19000 in queue.. Beggining to wonder what the point of being a gold memeber is.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny they announced this sale today. And now we have login queues of 20k+. It's almost like "pay us or GTFO for a week." Almost...
  • qasdwerfqasdwerf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmmmmmmmmm
This discussion has been closed.