test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

paying a monthly sub and waiting inline behind free players to get on a full server?

Comments

• galacticroamer#3935 galacticroamer Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a lifer and started 2k in que and it's zippin' right along, I'll be in in a few minutes... woo hoo!
    Proud member of the 8th Wing Tactical Armada
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because i was expecting this...

I'm not going to loose anything if i just wait until tomorrow to play

aaawwwwww how cute, it thinks it will be able to play tomorrow.

Mom, can I keep him :D

quote from the top of the page on every page

BIGGEST lie in history.

Current que is 15,000 long **** that, how long has this game been running. Surely they can upgrade servers.
  • painkillerjaynepainkillerjayne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alacrityf wrote: »
    I'm not so sure that's true. I'm a lifer and I entered the queue at around 10,000. I doubt there's that many lifers trying to get in!

There's probably not. I'm f2p and I'm only #123. I've been #123 for going on 30 minutes now. The number has not gone up or down even by 1 in all that time. That's why I said earlier I smell something fishy...

I don't care that I have to wait. I can be patient, but I suspect something disingenuous about this whole queue business. I think they borked it and borked it reaaaally bad this time and don't want to admit it.

Has anyone had contact with someone who actually *is* playing the game right now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Command Officers of the USS Wyvern (from left to right):
    Aurellia Eshkah (Tactical); Indigo Shae (Engineering); Nysiay Chysiayki (VA, Ship Captain)
    Jeclia Sek (Science); Vally Mantivour (Security)
    edited May 2013
    I'm a lifer and started 2k in que and it's zippin' right along, I'll be in in a few minutes... woo hoo!

Wonder who will randomly dc from server to make that happen.
  • jcox2jcox2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stevefin1 wrote: »
    Wow you lifers/golds/0.1 old lifers are arrogant elitist. Be happy. I am 3719 out of 8000 and I have not moved up in que in 30 mins, be happy you are moving in que at all

elitist? those of us that PAY for the game others use for free are the reason its still around
  • hiraczonhiraczon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its amazing how far "I want/Deserve" can motivate people. Alexander only wanted to conquer the known world. William the TRIBBLE only wanted to be King of England. Bismarck only wanted his king in charge of a united Germany. The Italians only wanted a piece of that African bling to fit in (Okay bad example). Japan only wanted an end to the unequal treaties. Napoleon only wanted to be Emperor of Europe.

See lots of want getting things done. Imagine our world without people wanting things. It would be a sad and boring place.

that abomination beiber only wanted to be a good musician. i feel sick after using his name and musician in the same sentence, hence i have left the queue and gone to vomit.

but on a serious note when i left the queue was up over 16k for any game thats just ridiculous!
  • phuriousgeorge1phuriousgeorge1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's probably not. I'm f2p and I'm only #123. I've been #123 for going on 30 minutes now. The number has not gone up or down even by 1 in all that time. That's why I said earlier I smell something fishy...

I don't care that I have to wait. I can be patient, but I suspect something disingenuous about this whole queue business. I think they borked it and borked it reaaaally bad this time and don't want to admit it.

Has anyone had contact with someone who actually *is* playing the game right now?

Yup. A friend just got me into playing this game. Not a good way to show-off to new users/potential lifers
  • snowmane2snowmane2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its amazing how far "I want/Deserve" can motivate people. Alexander only wanted to conquer the known world. William the TRIBBLE only wanted to be King of England. Bismarck only wanted his king in charge of a united Germany. The Italians only wanted a piece of that African bling to fit in (Okay bad example). Japan only wanted an end to the unequal treaties. Napoleon only wanted to be Emperor of Europe.

See lots of want getting things done. Imagine our world without people wanting things. It would be a sad and boring place.

Well i'm F2P, I've put bare minimum into their pockets only because I refuse to. The prices are ridiculously extortionate as they are, not to mention the rubbish exchange rates for the UK. I'm at the TRIBBLE end of a 15 thousand strong queue. Do I care? Nope. I'll give it half hour then come back tomorrow and try again.
  • cw2fostercw2foster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think I have been very patient today, especially since I just plopped down cash to become a lifer, but to finally get in and im 1793 out 14730 puts a very sour taste in my mouth for the money I spent.....
  • haelishaelis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Que now at over 17,000 BUT the good news is, my que number is going down now. Woot.
    Now I can get booted back to login screen quicker. Woot.

:P
    And I'm old, not dead.
    If your're so smart how come you don't own everything? :D
    Proud Member of Starfleet Elite Task Force & Klingon Elite Task Force for 4 yrs
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    I am gold and 6400/17000

think I will go to sleep for a few days and come back to see if it moved - has not in 20 min
  • celairnaurcelairnaur Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jcox2 wrote: »
    if you pay for it and you cant access it due to an obviously poorly tested update, complaints are called for

Except you are obviously speaking out of your gluteus maximus. These kinds of things happen period and its not because things are poorly tested its because you can't test these things. These issue arrive because of stress placed on a server until such time as the servers are truly stressed you don't even know the problem is there. Also stress tests such as they are rarely if ever get the numbers that a launch does so even stress tests don't show all the issues that will arise.
  • snowmane2snowmane2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elitist? those of us that PAY for the game others use for free are the reason its still around

Get off your high horse. F2P may not pay to play the damn thing initially but they sure as hell spend more IN GAME than you probably do which more than equals your ONE TIME only life payment you made many moons ago.
  • limitasticlimitastic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I fail to see how paying for a lifetime subscription or having an active subscription entitles anyone to logging in faster than anyone else. We're all gamers. Generally we all have, or will, spent money on this game. I'm currently free to play, but I've held a sub for a great deal of time in the past. I've also dumped about a thousand dollars into STO in bits and pieces since the launch of the fleet starbases.

Just because I choose not to pay for a lifetime sub doesn't mean I don't support the game any less than someone who does.

Quit yer belly-achin and get in line and wait with the rest of us.
  • drliriodrlirio Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very short Beta period. Check.

Unfinished content pushed to Holodeck. Check.

Account messing (free slot, stipends, forum). Check.

Huge lag. Check.

Server instablity causing disconnects. Check.

Login problems. Check.

"Major" upgrade expands grinding in the game to a new level, often re-using game content and selling it as part of the "new content". Check.

Feedback from players of beta in the forums is not taken into account (mogai respec?). Check.

New lockbox with amazing ships so you can throw your money into the lottery. Check.

Forum filled with angry paying customers because they feel like idiots when they see the service they receive for their money. Check.

People kept not informed in the forum with only vague responses about estimated time of solutions. Check.

Yes... I've checked and this is exactly as any other succesful major STO update. No improvements at all... Cryptic must be doing great!!!

Yep, all those things have happened before, and they will happen again.

I don't complain because there are some problems at launch day. I complain because many could have been avoided if previous mistakes had not been repeated every major update. Please, Cryptic, learn a bit from past experiences... this mess was expected, why didn't you do anything to try to solve it before it happened?

A lifer or gold player should not know what a login queue is... that's the least expected, specially if people who haven't put any money into the game is playing. Thousands of places waiting in a queue... unbelievable.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    biggest problem is for everyone's complaining we/cryptic knows that almost all of us will wait and take what is give to us because they have a monoploy on Star Trek right now - other than that 6 hour long piece of doo doo FPS that came out based on JJcrap - this is it if you want to play.

So if we want a video game star trek fix - sorry we gotta take what little they give - and pay lots for it as well!!. That's the stark reality to all this complaining.
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This situation is so crazy that it is actually hilarious.

17000 people in the queue. I joined at 2700 as a lifer and a legacy pack owner. So for the sweet sum of around $400 dollars i can wait in a queue for something i have been looking forward to for over 2 months.

Christ its not like it jumped out of a cake and we had no warning! This should have been anticipated, at least by the number of starter and legacy packs you must have sold. Mega.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
    edited May 2013

yawn so you think only subscribers are why f2p games are still around? You have no clue at all. The f2p model of game exists because it generates MORE income than subscription based games. The reason for this is that all these people you metaphorically spit upon the silver players PAY for the game by buying zen. Its these mircotransactions that add up. So while any single non subscriber pays less than a monthly MORE people are paying than you would have in a subscription based revenue model. This means that MORE silver players are paying for the game then you subscribers and more revenue is made off these players then the subscribers. So stop pretending that you are subsidizing other players. The truth is the silver player bases is vital for the health of any F2P mmo.

Don't believe it? Well look up the facts about DDO and LotRO. They were the first major western MMOs to go F2P and they saw huge increases in revenue. All from the free leechers you think you are so superior to. Why do think most companies are going to the F2P model? It isn't because they want to be nice.
  • xavieraabrilxavieraabril Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a im 1403 of 19815.... o wait.... 1403 of 19911... o ....:eek:

1403 of 20415
    edited May 2013

lol 2nd biggest lie after the message at the screen saying "We'll see you in game"

No you are not.

It may be Free TO Play but all you did was pay the LTS fee and thats it. That is what, 2 years worth of gold and thats it. You get 500zen per month, free respec tokens and free VA ship whilst everyone else has to pay for it.

EVERYONE pays to play this game, FACT you just paid a one off fee and you think your better than everyone and your comment just reinforced the elitist comment as you think you are better than everyone else.

Off your high horse pal.
  • kamipoikamipoi Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    looks like we got some time to clean/eat/other things you know things you should be doing daily take a hot bath and when you get back you will be in or near in just check back every half hour its how you do mmo patch days you know!
  • krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snowmane2 wrote: »
    Get off your high horse. F2P may not pay to play the damn thing initially but they sure as hell spend more IN GAME than you probably do which more than equals your ONE TIME only life payment you made many moons ago.
    Nice assumption.

Many Lifers continue to buy C-Pts ....eerrr Zen now :/ I know I know........

Not to mention there are many of us who were around when we PAID just to Get a Copy of the Game.

I'm happy I bought My Collectors Edition, I do wish I would have bought it from anyone but Atari (No Extras, Unlike any other Website/Store version)

Enjoy the Free to download and Free to Play game.

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
  • painkillerjaynepainkillerjayne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At the top, a message from Cryptic:

"Update! We are aware of the queues players are currently in and are working to get you all in as fast as possible.

Update! We are aware that some players are seeing an error upon login and are working to resolve this."

Translation: Umm...we borked something up again so please don't leave and take your gaming dollars with you before we can fix the problem.

If your servers are full then how can you get us all "in as fast as possible"? Can you fill a cup with more fluid than it's designed to hold? Lol...over 20k in queue now. Even a Saint's patience has it's limits. :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Command Officers of the USS Wyvern (from left to right):
    Aurellia Eshkah (Tactical); Indigo Shae (Engineering); Nysiay Chysiayki (VA, Ship Captain)
    Jeclia Sek (Science); Vally Mantivour (Security)
  • psudosapienpsudosapien Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE for a subscriber or a Lifetime Membership to have to wait in line behind free players. Otherwise, what is the point in paying? If Cryptic has no respect for people who are PAYING to play this game, why should they expect continued financial support?

Priority Queues. Make it so.

Uh. Gold and LTS are getting priority. I logged out of a Fed character to create my Romulan. When I clicked Engage, I was 205 out of 20,000+

I am a LTS player.
  • kamipoikamipoi Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    look at it this way when you finaly get in and get to play you will forget about hat dirty que unless your trying to make a reman and have to login and claim it logout and make a reman XD
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, being Gold gets you queue priority.

Look at the numbers you're posting in complaint. "I'm 4203 out of 19901!" Know what that means? That you're not 19,900 out of 19,901. That you jumped into queue ahead of fifteen thousand people. That's not enough for you??
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited May 2013
    krell83sto wrote: »
    Nice assumption.

Many Lifers continue to buy C-Pts ....eerrr Zen now :/ I know I know........

Not to mention there are many of us who were around when we PAID just to Get a Copy of the Game.

I'm happy I bought My Collectors Edition, I do wish I would have bought it from anyone but Atari (No Extras, Unlike any other Website/Store version)

Enjoy the Free to download and Free to Play game.

Except that you seems to forget that companies went from the subscription based revenue model to the F2P model because subscriptions models do not make as much money as F2P models. How is this possible? because when you get people playing with zero investment on their part they are more than willing to buy things as they play.

This model does two things

1) it gets more people playing the game. These players are content. An MMO with no one to play with is boring. More people playing means the game is healthy and the more people playing your game the more new players they will bring in.

2) These non subscribers as a group spend more money they all the subscribers and lifers combined. Its the reason gaming companies have switch to this model. People are more willing to spend $5 ten times then they are to spend $25 once.

Its this basic tenant of human nature that makes these games possible now. Its why in truth all those unwashed silver players masses are the ones actually keeping the game alive. Which is not to imply that the gold playes and lifers are not contributing their bit its just not true that sliver players are subsidized by the lifers/gold members.
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    archon5012 wrote: »
    Be patient and relax.
    Or don't and quit and be happier for it.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    Or don't and quit and be happier for it.

This ... oh dear God ... this please! :D
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jelly0 wrote: »
    lol 2nd biggest lie after the message at the screen saying "We'll see you in game"

No you are not.

It may be Free TO Play but all you did was pay the LTS fee and thats it. That is what, 2 years worth of gold and thats it. You get 500zen per month, free respec tokens and free VA ship whilst everyone else has to pay for it.

EVERYONE pays to play this game, FACT you just paid a one off fee and you think your better than everyone and your comment just reinforced the elitist comment as you think you are better than everyone else.

Off your high horse pal.

and ive paid 3 times what that subscription is worth .....makes you kinda giggle you havent heard me cry ...im just gonna go find another game is all for a while one i dont even use net and ill just shut mine off....