test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

paying a monthly sub and waiting inline behind free players to get on a full server?

Comments

• sc4rhe4dsc4rhe4d Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a lifetime sub. I got to #1 in line and it kicks me saying " login failed for an unknown reason" So still no Fix in my eyes
  • zalzanyzalzany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valormeer wrote: »
    Yo Real talk, I'm a life time sub and tbh We should be able too "jump" the Q As we have paid to be lifetime subbed to this game. I seriously doubt that 400 <-- Started here. Lifetime Subbers were in front of me. waiting behind Free or Gold Members shouldn't happen lets be real here.

Join date doesn't mean nothing, I bet there is at least 1000+ life subs in this game out of those probaly 600 playing maybe 300 in game already instead of que. Trust me if they did that lifetime sale for just one month longer or gave me some notice I would be part of your club as well.

Its like the days I worked as a gas station attendant all over again, when snowbirds came to town, constantly wanting cuts because they drove x amount of miles and are old so they think each and every one of them are better then every one else, even if 4 other people just like them are in line.
  • fysiknycfysiknyc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lifetimer here since beta and bought Legacy Pack - I entered queue at at almost 1000. this is insane.
  • kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    woo hoo im 75 out of 7356...eat that !:D
    Edited
    and just got in 5 mins after i tried and im a LTS
    Woo hoooo!
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • xblade7703xblade7703 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    archon5012 wrote: »
    No where in the info for lifers do they say you will have priority que's.

?No subscription fee: Play without a monthly fee forever!
    ?The Liberated Borg character species: Play as an escaped member of the Hivemind.
    ?The Captain's Table - A special area restricted to lifetime subscribers and longtime STO veterans.
    ?Exclusive costume option - An insignia available only to lifetime subscribers. Just visit a tailor in-game to add it to your current captain.
    ?"Career Officer" title - Show off that you're committed to Starfleet, the KDF, or the Romulan Republic for the duration.
    ?Forum goodies - Change the color of your username and show off a special title.
    ?(NEW!) Instant access to all Veteran Rewards!

ooo thats so cute! another person incapable of reading. u should prob click the "gold" part and see what thats all about. those lifer perks are lifer only, they of course get all the gold perks also. but i have faith in the human ability to learn so ill let u figure it out instead of telling u. as how would u improve urself then? thx me later btw
  • kdakota#5438 kdakota Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone should probally go do something else and circle back around to this later; everyone is trying to rush on.. like a kid at christmas morning.. to the game.. so yeah its going to be flooded.. their hyped up release.. and all that..

I myself.. I'm going to go play PS3.. some mortal kombat will do the trick.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're not waiting behind FTP's. GOlds and lifers get wedged into the queue ahead of SIlvers. But given the load there's still a TRIBBLE ton of people trying to log in, GOld and Lifer alike.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirkson2 wrote: »
    woo hoo im 75 out of 7356...eat that !:D
    I give you 2 tribbles for your spot? Whattayasay? :D
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • issueman1issueman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LTS as well, been here since beta... and guess what... in que as well. LTS SHOULD have the perk of skipping que, EVERY OTHER GAME HAS IT
  • jermzjerm1jermzjerm1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lifer here went thru twice and had failed login message both times lol, Now I'm at 475 in the queue for 3rd time lol
  • lhinterfacelhinterface Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand the rush to play, but execute some patience.

Launch days of expansions in any game is always chaos and huge server issues, not just free to play games.
    Player of the game since closed beta day 1
  • hiraczonhiraczon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lets not start critising people who do or do not sub in the game. let us instead blame the people who are truely responsible for this, PWI and cryptic for once AGAIN failing to estimate the demand a shiney new content update would put on the game! wheres the extra servers?!?!
  • azrimazrim Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    issueman1 wrote: »
    LTS as well, been here since beta... and guess what... in que as well. LTS SHOULD have the perk of skipping que, EVERY OTHER GAME HAS IT
    You forget that since we paid, we're not allowed to complain as that would make us "entitled."
    edited May 2013
    sc4rhe4d wrote: »
    I'm a lifetime sub. I got to #1 in line and it kicks me saying " login failed for an unknown reason" So still no Fix in my eyes

has anyone else had this problem yet? being #1 then kicked off?
  • kneeliftkneelift Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a freeper and I am in the game as we speak so LOL on you!!
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol over 9000 in queue

where is vegeta when i need him >_>

i shouldnt have tried to switch off my fed toon.

just goes to show how many players this game really has if over 9000 are queued just to get in

Edit: just 2 minutes later its over 10,000

I have a feeling its a one way street. if you log out or switch youre stuck unable to get back in or something
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I give you 2 tribbles for your spot? Whattayasay?

sooo tempted
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tanthil wrote: »
    enough said. about to cancel my sub

Good to know there is a lot of people playing! Also good to know that I made the correct choice of leaving sub. I was a 1100 plus day sub when I quit paying. Truly cryptic fault for me leaving. They kinda left the 1100 gold members in the dust by getting rid of vet rewards. Then turned around and gave the house away with the dog still inside to newer free and newer gold players encouraging them to go life. While we 1100 people saw no advantage beyond some cpoints that did not amount to the value of the subs.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,662 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sc4rhe4d wrote: »
    has anyone else had this problem yet? being #1 then kicked off?

yep server timed out and now I'm 1243 in line. an LTS should NEVER be that far back in the queue
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • rayduhzrayduhz Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This self entitlement for an online MMO is too funny. Cmon a major addition to the game just launched today. You make it sound like your waiting in line day in day out.
  • stevefin1stevefin1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow you lifers/golds/0.1 old lifers are arrogant elitist. Be happy. I am 3719 out of 8000 and I have not moved up in que in 30 mins, be happy you are moving in que at all
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think we've reached the point of a "Token gesture" like Neverwinter did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    yep server timed out and now I'm 1243 in line. an LTS should NEVER be that far back in the queue

agreed. I got to #1 got kicked to #1456
  • ijaylaijayla Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, I'm at 106 and holding. And have been since I logged in.

My friend is moving up sharply, having purchased a LTS. I'm still ahead of her but not for long.

Yeah, there IS a benefit to subscribing.
  • haelishaelis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK I am subbed as well. Here is my problem. I logon to game. Finally loads. Make character select. Puts me in que with a few thousand other people. Que gets down to 38 or 39. A minute or two later I'm back at login screen. Says the server container is already in use. ???? hmmm ok. Log into game again. Finally loads. Select character again, choose safe this time. Puts me in que with a few thousand other people. Gets down to 38 or 39. A few minutes later I'm back at login screen. Log back into game once again. Finally loads and for a third time I choose a character. Put in que again with a few other thousand people. Gets down to 38 for the 3rd time. A few minutes later I'm back at Login screen again. Are ya seeing a pattern here? After 3 times I'm a "little" annoyed. Now I'm back in the forums. I've been almost seven hours now trying to move ONE ITEM from one of my Fed toons to my new Romulan toon. Trying hard not to complain. Trying to just go with the flow. But really? Just thought I'd let you know your 158mb "fix" is well.......broken. Sorry :eek:
    And I'm old, not dead.
    If your're so smart how come you don't own everything? :D
    Proud Member of Starfleet Elite Task Force & Klingon Elite Task Force for 4 yrs
    edited May 2013
    they need to close servers like Blizzard does. have a Sol server and Quonos server, that way they can update one at a time, keep people happy and get one right then clone the other
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • thenumber55thenumber55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

1782/10041 here

tell you how many lifers there are now

//beta lifers should NEVER wait... ;)
  • jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kneelift wrote: »
    I am a freeper and I am in the game as we speak so LOL on you!!

haha! That was good;)
    edited May 2013
    lol Mark said TRIBBLE it he'll log in Friday and went to bed
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1126/10267

o.o
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus