test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

paying a monthly sub and waiting inline behind free players to get on a full server?

Comments

• hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tanthil wrote: »
    enough said. about to cancel my sub

You are not waiting behind Silvers you are waiting behind other Golds.

For instance I am 1,800 in a Que of 10,041 right now. See how many folks I instantly jumped ahead of?
  • sc4rhe4dsc4rhe4d Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haelis wrote: »
    OK I am subbed as well. Here is my problem. I logon to game. Finally loads. Make character select. Puts me in que with a few thousand other people. Que gets down to 38 or 39. A minute or two later I'm back at login screen. Says the server container is already in use. ???? hmmm ok. Log into game again. Finally loads. Select character again, choose safe this time. Puts me in que with a few thousand other people. Gets down to 38 or 39. A few minutes later I'm back at login screen. Log back into game once again. Finally loads and for a third time I choose a character. Put in que again with a few other thousand people. Gets down to 38 for the 3rd time. A few minutes later I'm back at Login screen again. Are ya seeing a pattern here? After 3 times I'm a "little" annoyed. Now I'm back in the forums. I've been almost seven hours now trying to move ONE ITEM from one of my Fed toons to my new Romulan toon. Trying hard not to complain. Trying to just go with the flow. But really? Just thought I'd let you know your 158mb "fix" is well.......broken. Sorry :eek:

I feel you bro. Its my 5th time right now trying. calling it a night after this one
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gold people in queue probably think Silvers are ahead of them because it's highly dubious that there are actually 8000 current gold subbers...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azrimazrim Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    So I guess calling people "entitled" must be the new scrub/noob moniker for the year.
  • jermzjerm1jermzjerm1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The funny thing is I just want to get to my KDF toon lol
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder what the server cap is, given these queue numbers.

5k? 10k? 20k?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • kusethkuseth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jermzjerm1 wrote: »

I feel you I want to get to my Fed, not worried about the new TRIBBLE atm. lol
  • painkillerjaynepainkillerjayne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find it --->really<--- hard to believe in the 15-20 minutes I've been sitting in the queue that *no one* has exited the game or been DC'd. My queue number hasn't dropped one...single...digit in all that time. Nor has it raised. If others with higher priority (lifers, golds) are entering the queue then shouldn't I be getting bumped down?

Something smells fishy to me...:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Command Officers of the USS Wyvern (from left to right):
    Aurellia Eshkah (Tactical); Indigo Shae (Engineering); Nysiay Chysiayki (VA, Ship Captain)
    Jeclia Sek (Science); Vally Mantivour (Security)
  • jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jermzjerm1 wrote: »

Wait! This line is for Star Trek online! I thought this was for Star Wars!!

"gets out of line head down light saber dangling at the hip"
  • hiraczonhiraczon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the simple answer is not high enough.
  • lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    472/11511 here.

I just want to beam onto DS9 and peddle in species misery. I mean trade medical doffs on the exchange. totally not slavery or indentured servitude. It's the Star Fleet way after all.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valormeer wrote: »
    Yo Real talk, I'm a life time sub and tbh We should be able too "jump" the Q As we have paid to be lifetime subbed to this game. I seriously doubt that 400 <-- Started here. Lifetime Subbers were in front of me. waiting behind Free or Gold Members shouldn't happen lets be real here.

All right lets be real then; the cheapos who make one large payment and expect to dine out on that forever are not the ones paying for this game, there aren't enough of you, the people paying for this game are Silver members who've succumbed to the psychology of F2P and spend silly amounts of money in the cash shop.

If we're going to start giving one group of players priority over others, it should be based on total cash value of contributions to the game's coffers, since that's the only distinction that really matters to the people running the show.

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a ftp player. Although, I've put a couple hundred dollars into the game so far. Guess I belong on the lower decks of the Titanic. If only Jack and Rose would open this gate!
  • snowmane2snowmane2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wowzer - Just bide your damn time and wait your turn to get into the game. Lifer, Gold or Freeper. The sheer arrogance of some of you astounds me. Typical ' I want' 'I deserve' attitude right there that won't get you any further up the queue.
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    795 out of 13846.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a ftp player. Although, I've put a couple hundred dollars into the game so far. Guess I belong on the lower decks of the Titanic. If only Jack and Rose would open this gate!

Sorry, no Jack or Rose here. Just a bunch of Cal Hockleys trying to shoot you. ;)
  • celairnaurcelairnaur Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think some people believed their mothers when they were told "you are the most important person in the whole world," well guess what you are not. You are just like everyone else. You may think you are somehow special but you're not. you are just another gamer who thinks any inconvenience to yourself is a crime.

I think people forget that non subscribers are content to the game. Non subscribers help populate the game and give players people to play with an MMO is pretty bloody boring if there is no one to play with. Also just because you are a subscriber doesn't magically mean you get no queues. You were never promised such as thing.

The number of subscribers increased dramatically for 1 month during an expansion like this on "Freemium" based games. Why? because most freemium based games have character bonuses as you level like STO. freemium based games all have queue priority for their "premium" members. So players say hey for X dollars for one month I'll get some free extras that stay with me after I unsubscribe plus is get shorter queues.

Is it any wonder there are lots of gold memberships during a launch that 99% of people will be rolling either a new Klingon or new Romulan if not both?

Stop being so self centered and just wait your turn.

[EDIT] I'm 4022 out of 14913 lol. I'm too lazy to rage could someone do it for me?
  • hiraczonhiraczon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think its time to call time on the release day of LoR im sat in the queue for nearly 20mins now and the only number to change is the number of people waiting.

pretty impressive that i have 0 seconds of game time with LoR let alone minutes. even guild wars 2 did better on release day and they were beset by bugs and hackers of all kinds
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also a F2P player thats spent a lot of good money building up ships and gear.

Looking for sympathy that you can't get in because of a queue system. Tough, wont get any from me and most F2P players. Personally I hate this privilege system. pick your number and get in line with the rest of us or come back in a few days when things chill down.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also a lifer... and I'm not even trying...

Do you want to know why?

Because i was expecting this...

I'm not going to loose anything if i just wait until tomorrow to play

what's the point of start crying so hard because a game?, does it worth it?

I don't think so....
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • admiralghostadmiralghost Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to do the smart thing and wait. While I may be a lifer, my friends are Silver and thus are at the back of the line. I know this will all be fixed once all the younger players decide to rage quit. :3
    iefgpf.jpg
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a lifer for God Sake and i got the legacy pack and I DON"T PLAY

I WANT A REFUND!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • alacrityfalacrityf Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tiekosora wrote: »
    Gold players wait behind us lifers, and I am in queue, so it's a bunch of lifers ahead of me, then you golds, then the freepers.

I'm not so sure that's true. I'm a lifer and I entered the queue at around 10,000. I doubt there's that many lifers trying to get in!
  • jcox2jcox2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tanthil wrote: »
    enough said. about to cancel my sub

Don't bother... once you do get in, you will get 'server not responding' multi errors , the worst lag ever, stf queue gives server error, then will kick you out and put you thousands more behind in the queue.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to do the smart thing and wait. While I may be a lifer, my friends are Silver and thus are at the back of the line. I know this will all be fixed once all the younger players decide to rage quit. :3

We can only hope. Until then it is forum PvP or go home. :D
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snowmane2 wrote: »
    Wowzer - Just bide your damn time and wait your turn to get into the game. Lifer, Gold or Freeper. The sheer arrogance of some of you astounds me. Typical ' I want' 'I deserve' attitude right there that won't get you any further up the queue.

Its amazing how far "I want/Deserve" can motivate people. Alexander only wanted to conquer the known world. William the TRIBBLE only wanted to be King of England. Bismarck only wanted his king in charge of a united Germany. The Italians only wanted a piece of that African bling to fit in (Okay bad example). Japan only wanted an end to the unequal treaties. Napoleon only wanted to be Emperor of Europe.

See lots of want getting things done. Imagine our world without people wanting things. It would be a sad and boring place.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pew pew!....Ill start the forum pvp
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • jcox2jcox2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also a lifer... and I'm not even trying...

Do you want to know why?

Because i was expecting this...

I'm not going to loose anything if i just wait until tomorrow to play

what's the point of start crying so hard because a game?, does it worth it?

I don't think so....

if you pay for it and you cant access it due to an obviously poorly tested update, complaints are called for
  • haelishaelis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm still trying to get back into game after queing multiple times. Getting to que and then getting kicked to login screen. When I started doing it about a hour ago the que number was around 2000. It is now well over 13,000. And now my place in the que is growing larger, not getting lower. As a network engineer this tells me that more people are getting booted from the server then there are getting back in. This is really going badly. I've been trying now for 7 hours to get back to my new toon. BTW in case you didn't read my original post I am a gold sub. No Lifetime but here since beta and spent a few hundred in c-store. Not trying to make a big deal of it, just worth mentioning. I would so love to able to play again. :(
    And I'm old, not dead.
    If your're so smart how come you don't own everything? :D
    Proud Member of Starfleet Elite Task Force & Klingon Elite Task Force for 4 yrs
  • phuriousgeorge1phuriousgeorge1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hell, I've been at #3 in queue for the last 45 minutes. What's your problem?