test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the launch day of the games biggest season/expansion - why do people find this lag/login problems surprizing?

Because it's unprofessional, predictable, and at this point, unacceptable.

You expect SOME problems, but this level of issues *WILL* drive people away. Especially people that either hadn't played before or hadn't played for quite some time.

If someone trying to peek in to try it ends up walking away because it's not working properly, there's a pretty good chance they won't try it again.
  • Options
    draconin2000#1616 draconin2000 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm glad I'm not the only one getting this problem... :P
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love how ive waited months for this addon and on the day its released I CANT ****IN PLAY BECAUSE OF SOME "UNKNOWN REASON"!!

FIX THIS BUGGY **** NOW!!

see my post aobut it in the selection bug area and its due to lag 99% of this.

tribble with no one playing works perfectly.
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I fear I am the last bastion of British posters, hanging on until tiredness overcomes me. In other words, most of Europe is now asleep, it's up to the Americans to carry the torch now. Go forth my brave forum posters!

What time is it over there? 2:00AM? Don't you ever sleep????
  • Options
    spartan2862spartan2862 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This Same TRIBBLE happened at the anniversary launch a few months ago. It is kinda expected that these issues could happen with ant patch in STO. If it makes anyone feel better...I beta and alpha tested Defiance and a lot of the same issues happened with it last month and it is owned by Trion.
  • Options
    woodyice2470woodyice2470 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow can anyone meat 700 secs of server not responding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Excited to finally play LoR. Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons.

STO the Troll: Try to log in, I boot chu.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xxbrentisbeastxxxxbrentisbeastxx Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one who is still surprised the server is still up?

They need to take the server down and isolate the problem.
    I commend the team for working hard to get this problem fixed. But at least give those of us who cant log in, something other than a false sense of hope with the green server light still being up.
    "Saddle up. Lock and load." - Data

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gallowsbait1gallowsbait1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the launch day of the games biggest season/expansion - why do people find this lag/login problems surprizing?

Because we have had 4 weeks of continual server crashes and log in issues BEFORE the launch.

Because a week ago they installed new hardware and assured us all was well.

Because they already made Neverwinter a complete cluster**** and we didn't think they could be quite so stupid this time?

Because software is supposed to be tested and fixed before being released?

This isn't a minor glitch, its a monumental **** up that should have been obvious before launch.
  • Options
    birkepbirkep Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually started a romy and played first 3 missions. Mistake was trying to change toons. Had map load errors first, now just login server timeout or unknown error.

Maybe some of the content could have been rolled out in stages. Certainly if you want players to return then you would like the game to be available.
  • Options
    cr4ckf0xcr4ckf0x Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I fear I am the last bastion of British posters, hanging on until tiredness overcomes me. In other words, most of Europe is now asleep, it's up to the Americans to carry the torch now. Go forth my brave forum posters!

Noo... I too, fellow British citizen, hold on for a taste of this sweet morsel!
  • Options
    andym5andym5 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only way I've been able to play anything in the last couple of hours is to create a new character, when it eventually rolled the dice in favour of letting me get to the character screen.

However I then tried to switch toons like a ****** and got kicked.

Sigh.
  • Options
    zalzanyzalzany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chiefbrex wrote: »
    Regional servers wouldn't prevent people from other regions playing on servers they'd prefer. In WoW, for example, I was in a guild that had British and Australian players in it, and the server was an East Coast, USA server. Same thing with the server I am on now in WoW, players from around the world congregate on Proudmoore, even though it is an American West Coast server. And plus, with cross server communication, and the ability to team up across servers, you'd still meet people from all over. The idea was only suggested to help alleviate the problems with server stability. But, your idea works equally well. Now the true test: Getting Cryptic to actually do it.

I play with Australian in a multigame clan, they got a division for just about any decent MMO, and even some console games, and yes they do us US servers, but for them its about ping first and foremost. Australian servers believe it or not are not hosted in Australia, they have band with limits so doing this would cost a small fortune every month to host a server there, so instead they house them some where else and slap an Oceanic sticker on it.

One of the divisions I loved, that I actually started with however was for a game that decided to host in Singapore and the ping was so good there for the Australians that in a month they were all applying for free transfers, even though a lot of the players didn't even speak English there.

And regardless of that the annoying thing with wow is you have no idea who is on what servers unless you talk about it, I played WoW since week 2 and I didn't find out that half my family was grouped up on a little server till last year, because it just never came up when we saw each other once every couple of years. In games like STO you still don't really know but at least you don't find yourself doing paid transfers every year trying to spread yourself thin to play with people you know in real life and in games.
  • Options
    ronintenguronintengu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Guess it's time to play Tribble again.

Tribble just went down. It is time to update that too. Or they are taking the login server from that cluster to fix live....
  • Options
    zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they should bring it down to atleast try a reboot well atleat we have a fun login screen to look at
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Sounds like World War II. Too bad Paton isn't hear to take care of this mess. :P
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    kimyriellekimyrielle Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vie200 wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm not the only one getting this problem... :P

*giggles*

What makes you think that? ;)
  • Options
    lpevanslpevans Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Not the last good sir.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    indyshark wrote: »
    What time is it over there? 2:00AM? Don't you ever sleep????

SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!! We take the torch with honor my British cousins. We will carry it until we can't sleep either.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I play WOW, WOT, SWTOR, Rft, GW2, LOTRO All of them are functional on patch day or even expansion day. They usually have hiccups but I was able to log in and play. This is now a non functioning game. Not slow downs, not lag, simply not working at all.
    Big difference!
  • Options
    ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2nd succesful load of the map. I'm not switching chars now :p. Hope to see you guys inside as well
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not seeing the issue here.

Well, my only real issue is that's two more Orion officers than I actually have,

Additionally, my Klingon captain has two identical Nausicaan officers for no reason.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited May 2013
    Couldn't be bothered to do it right the first time, but working 10 times harder backtracking to fix all the TRIBBLE ups.....

Too funny!!:D
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • Options
    dragonseye1138dragonseye1138 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm in the game. it's very slow to do ANYTHING that involves direct communication between the client and the server, but it is working
    Q is a Magical Girl.
  • Options
    cr4ckf0xcr4ckf0x Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zigadeic wrote: »
    they should bring it down to atleast try a reboot well atleat we have a fun login screen to look at

Hey... your sig... interesting way to spell your name there...:D
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fosslas wrote: »
    im still here and in the uk :) gonna give it while more speand all friggin day doing update wanna see it lol

My good Sir/Madam, dost thou perchance have any Tea? I fear I may soon succumb to Hypnos and find myself wandering the subconcious pathways of my mind.

Then I'll wake up with keyboard face :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    alacrityfalacrityf Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still not fixed? TRIBBLE it, ima go play something else for the evening. :(
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one who is still surprised the server is still up?

They need to take the server down and isolate the problem.
    I commend the team for working hard to get this problem fixed. But at least give those of us who cant log in, something other than a false sense of hope with the green server light still being up.

Isn't the problem too many people want to play and there isn't enough power on Cryptic's end to allow this to happen? So even if they rebooted the servers, the problem would still remain.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    montinessmontiness Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unkoala wrote: »
    Seriously, nobody expected all this problems? If every time its the same with Cryptic.
    Every new season, every new special feature (winter event) Every new game (Neverwinter beta) we have the SAME problems.
    Because its the same problems every time... and we complain the same every time... its a game.

In everyone who's frustrated by thises defence, if it's the same problem, every time, then surely in anticipation to this they could implement measures to counteract it. Like, I dunno, maybe build a server cluster or whatever they're using that can handle the volumes that cause the errors in the first place? Get some more connections to handle the traffic? Not like they're broke... do they rationalize that because a new release is not all the time, this problem doesn't happen all the time, so it's not a problem? Who knows, maybe the lesson here is that people, companies, etc. don't go broke because they don't spend money?
  • Options
    sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Despite the rage here, it is unlikely that even a fraction of a percent of STO's subscribers would actually quit over this. The amount of lost revenue would be about the same as they pay the office cleaner for a half days work.

Well, except, it's F2P. And they bank on impulse buys. If folks aren't on to oggle the new D'borgidrex they aren't buying keys to get one. As the vaneer fades, they're less likely to impulse buy.

But generally, it's bad, and they want to get it fixed as much if not more than we want it to be fixed :).
This discussion has been closed.