test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    McCoy: Where are we logging in at?
    Kirk: Where they went.
    McCoy: Suppose they went *nowhere*?
    Kirk: Then this will be your big chance to get away from it all.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    stephane2258stephane2258 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a dentist appointment, so I've didn't stay logged. I should apparently have tried. Cannot log back in:-(
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Well what costs them more money?

New servers, or all the lost costumers this big fiasco will ensure? (And the one that will inevitable result when NW goes live...)

Despite the rage here, it is unlikely that even a fraction of a percent of STO's subscribers would actually quit over this. The amount of lost revenue would be about the same as they pay the office cleaner for a half days work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    stryider8121stryider8121 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not getting a "login failed for unknown reason" I get this

Retrieving list of characters

then

Connection to the log on sever timed out

is this also under the same issue ?

the version I have is: ST.30.20130513a 12
  • Options
    capm7capm7 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doesn't help that this was the last LoR teaser they released...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
    ---Capm
    Founder, Midnight Squadron
    http://www.midnightsquadron.com
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good news, after a week (including literally 8 hours today to get from 46% to the finish line), I've actually finished patching!

Small victories.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well the sad thing is, not many games get a second chance like this. They've finally succeeded in drumming up a fair amount of interest, but they were so ill-prepared for it that chances are they won't be able to capture the vast majority of it.

So they better hope the changes work out or this'll turn into a net negative as they fail to bring anyone back (they wandered off because they couldn't play the game and never bother to try it again), AND lost existing customers they pissed off.
  • Options
    rustysurfingrustysurfing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well it has been fun trying to log in after patching for 2.5 hours.........so much for that. Good times.

i'm getting unknown reason, server fail and stuck at retrieving maps.
  • Options
    armitasarmitas Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can login until the msg "retrieving list of characters" and after loading some time the msg "login failed for an unknown issue"
  • Options
    ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see less and less posts per minute in here. Did people start logging in succesfully or just tired of whining?
  • Options
    duthekduthek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krilldarn wrote: »
    if the server is smoking green stuff it would explain the Lethargy of Romulus

I see what you did there.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear Santa,

For this Christmas, I would like to have a Star Trek game that lets me in to play and do cool stuff. Please give the elves lockboxes, so they can get something cool to play with. Thanks, Santa.

Love,

Little Annie and Tibers
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    This is the launch day of the games biggest season/expansion - why do people find this lag/login problems surprizing?
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    Soooo.... you're saying we have a better chance of logging in than getting the grand prize Lock box ship.
    Very nice reply! I salute you, sir! :D
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Despite the rage here, it is unlikely that even a fraction of a percent of STO's subscribers would actually quit over this. The amount of lost revenue would be about the same as they pay the office cleaner for a half days work.

Probably not however the whole big marketing push for LOR was at least in some part aimed at people not playing STO. This will entice em in you betcha.
  • Options
    annalislannalisl Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tbarlow wrote: »
    some Flak maybe but some ppl r just down right rude :( and a lot of them that r saying rude stuff r prob silver players and they prob haven't paid any money so the only ones that should have Flak r the gold members and they can at least be some what nice

We're saying rude stuff because the need for more/dedicated servers was a 100% predictable fekking outcome of bringing a new, highly-anticipated update online. MMOs have been doing this (and failing to have server capacity every damn time) for a while now. I can't believe that people PAID to do this for a living couldn't learn from a decade (and more) of MMO-update-launch mistakes and at least rent a few more servers for the month of the release. YOU, my friend are far too credulous of their corporate line.
  • Options
    retributionzeroretributionzero Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not even getting to the character selection screen. I try and log in, i get a login server timed out error, then it sends me back to the login screen!

I hope this gets fixed or someone comes up with a way to prevent this, cuz DAYUM i'm super excited for this
  • Options
    sandmahnsandmahn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally get to the character selection screen ... just in time to shut it down for dinner.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see less and less posts per minute in here. Did people start logging in succesfully or just tired of whining?

People are just giving up on the game. They are going cold turkey.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    velqua wrote: »
    Here is a special message about STO Legacy of Romulus from Wilford Brimley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R7tSSN2fHc

Well I'm disappointed...I was expecting that vid to show him in his role from the movie The Thing smashing up electrical equipment with a fire axe. :P
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I fear I am the last bastion of British posters, hanging on until tiredness overcomes me. In other words, most of Europe is now asleep, it's up to the Americans to carry the torch now. Go forth my brave forum posters!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    amahcreallyamahcreally Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've managed to get as far as Retrieving list of maps.... twice, but it hangs then I get 'login failed for an unknown reason' again.

Twice out of a dozen or so attempts this time around. The rest of the times it either hangs and times out trying to retrieve list of characters, or I get the infamous failed for an unknown reason message again.

All my attempts at loging in earlier all netted the 'Login failed for an unknown reason' message.
  • Options
    crimsonmagnuscrimsonmagnus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    my Starfleet captain has three Orion boffs

I'm not seeing the issue here.
  • Options
    scottyk27scottyk27 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I managed to get in briefly. After several login attempts, got the Map to 94%, then lost the server for about 5 minutes, then got to ESD. Started looking at some of the new character stuff, then after 5 minutes, got booted from the server. Haven't been able to get back in since....
  • Options
    fosslasfosslas Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I fear I am the last bastion of British posters, hanging on until tiredness overcomes me. In other words, most of Europe is now asleep, it's up to the Americans to carry the torch now. Go forth my brave forum posters!

im still here and in the uk :) gonna give it while more speand all friggin day doing update wanna see it lol
  • Options
    thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...Threadnaught stalling.......dig deep fellas!!!!...........
  • Options
    banditkoval440banditkoval440 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow its still happening i had time to go to wendys, sit down and eat, fix a loak on my car, drive around for a bit, come home, take a shower, call some dude about his cadillac.. and eat a piece of toast and its still.. not fixed... im sorry but forget me buying anything from this game.
  • Options
    fataiityx3fataiityx3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny thing is, I can log into Tribble just fine. I was able to only see a few friends playing. So I know a few people have made it in, before this trouble.
  • Options
    psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    Probably not however the whole big marketing push for LOR was at least in some part aimed at people not playing STO. This will entice em in you betcha.

LOR = Loss of Revenue.:P
This discussion has been closed.