test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• tidalwave082tidalwave082 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, it's been nothing but problems from the start. Long patch time, then the launcher loses connection and can no longer load the page for awhile, more patching, then I get in and I'm in a que, then I'm loading in and it times out, for way over 300 secs. It simply refused to drop me so I had to close it, now this "unknown reason" happens every time I try to load my character list.

This is unreasonable, and to think on top of all that I have to wait even longer to get my "free slot" so I can play a Romulan. You know you rolled back NW yesterday just to keep everyone from being rich and gave everyone a little gift box with stuff in it. I think you guys owe us something here too for being UNABLE to play at all, especially your paying customers. Maybe the Veteran Boff or some free "I'm sorry" keys or something. I remember back near launch when PvP was so broken people couldn't get on the same maps and you gave everyone a free title, badge, AND emote. Now messes like this happen almost on a hourly basis (drops, lag, disconnects) if not at least every day or so, and we get nothing to make up for it.
  • admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got 'Out of Cheese Error.'

Dammit get those guys on the wheels some Dairylea.
  • countryghostcountryghost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got the same thing as everyone else, just don't think Devs know about it yet. I knew this was going to happen but at least I thought I would get on to a toon first! I can even login!
  • desklorddesklord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At this point has anyone been able to log in? Was the server taken down and cryptic did not inform us?
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same stuff. Finally was able to get the 200MB download in 6 hours and now I cant play cause of this freaking error
  • madaleinmadalein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me as well. :( I would like to know the unknown reasons though...

but then it wouldn't be unknown...
  • banditkoval440banditkoval440 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol get a load of this..... Got Duplicate LOGIN_SUCCESS.. Press support for aditional help.. lool i think cryptic is just trolling us..
  • finnwolfefinnwolfe Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too have been struck with the "login failed for unknown reason" curse. :mad:

"Zinda, his face black, his eyes red."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It isn't fun until someone loses an eye."
    ~ ancient klingon proverb
  • poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unknown Reasons. Well, I just got back from the pub, good times with family and friends, I figured I'd doodle about with a brand new Romulan. Now I have to go with plan B. Continue building my collector's edition Lego B-Wing, watch a good film and drink some chilled beer out of the fridge.

It's a good life and LoR will still be there tomorrow.
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chrondorr wrote: »
    Came home from work
    Da na na na na
    Turned on my PC
    Da na na na na
    Tried to play STO
    Da na na na na
    But the game said no
    Da na na na na
    Now I'm at home all bored
    Da na na na na
    So I'm here on the forums
    Da na na na na
    Yeeeeeeahhhhh baby that's the STO blues.....;)

LOL I laughed so hard my coffee came out of my nose!! Internet win for you sir!
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vladdie wrote: »
    All I heard was "I'm a whiny brat who doesn't understand how 350,000 people all hitting download and game servers at the same time might break things, like it has for almost every expansion in just about any MMO ever."

lol in a nut shell, in a freaking nut shell.
  • woodyice2470woodyice2470 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    but the big question is were are the devs to inform us of whats going on a bit like the blue mist of a nebula never to be seen again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nafeasonto1nafeasonto1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the hundreds of thousands of dollars/pounds they make on all the starter packs and lock boxes, ZEN purchases. How the HECK is this acceptable and they don't have decent servers after all this time?
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Basically we are in the usual SNAFU situation. I will say it patched briliantly fast but it is close to my bed time might try and log in tomorrow when it is quiter, though not holding my breath, but I will keep my fingers crossed.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm glad I didn't renew my subscription today... I was gonna for the extra bank and inventory slots while leveling up my Rom... Might put it off till next week now to make sure all the bugs are squashed.

Oh and... someone please let me know when I can stop screaming out of frustration! :P
  • mortrecmortrec Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So glad I stopped playing for free and upgraded to gold! I'd be upset if I wasn't paying for this fiasco!
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add me to the pile of folks having log in fail for unknown reasons.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TESTIFY the savior shall arrive and deliver us from this evil!

(followed by warbirds and such).

Apparently there was this black hole created when giving fed plasmonic leech and warbirds at the same time. Now all our characters are being sucked in for some unknown reason.
  • rayah9105rayah9105 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah same issue here, lifetime member too and the one time I did make it past the failed log in and the que it DC'ed me on actually loading in. Good job cryptic... good job.
  • aur7aur7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The sad thing is, no matter how much you flame about it on the forums, your complaints aren't going to fix the problem.
  • hylarrhylarr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm another one of those who gets the login failed for unknown reason message - I did manage to get in on my first try but then I saw I didn't have the extra slot for a Romulan character so I logged off again and went to the forums to find out what was going on and now can't get back in.

Why does this always happen? Is there NO internal testing of any kind? I did some beta testing on Tribble and everything was smooth as silk over there - you move the content to Holodeck and messes like this happen often - why is that?

Guess I'll not be playing STO today and I'm surely not buying an additional character slot that's for sure.

Signed,

NOT HAPPY AT ALL!
    My main character is T'Les which was also my former forum name and I want it back! Hylarr is one of my alts.
  • coffee2119coffee2119 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same prob here as anyone come up why it is doing it or are just passing the buck and cannot give a frak
  • scooterkhanscooterkhan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lucky of got a good supply of blood wine ................ I mean a lot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "SWEET JESUS ITS TAKING LONG ENUFF"
  • rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Compensation is in order... Bugships for everyone!
  • fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    are they still 'investigating'? any word from brandon yet? no? *goes back to sleep -.-
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
  • josegasparjosegaspar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unknown reasons... they are adding a Section 31 playable faction!
  • paul0222paul0222 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also having the same issue with the

"login failed for unknown reason"
  • kingofhearts81kingofhearts81 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This happens every major update doesn't it?

Edit: wth....join date may 2013? bull TRIBBLE my account is at least 2 years old.
  • tommyatstarfleettommyatstarfleet Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As long as it gets fixed i have no problem with it
  • levdarkenlevdarken Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    post moooore so can be the 666th poster!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.