test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    aftershockofcormaftershockofcorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got the same error.
    It tries to retrieve characters, and then gives an error.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DAM U mr unknown reason i hate you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    coverthcoverth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issues, very annoyed.
  • Options
    damadorrdamadorr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here - i didnt playe STO yet but have active NWN account ant there i can login without troubles
  • Options
    cdiederichscdiederichs Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep same problem here. Patched with no problem, but character selection screen bombs out for "unknown reason"
  • Options
    alexrichardsalexrichards Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone thinks their situation is bad - apparently my friend no longer as his lifetime status.. or any sub status/purchase history for that matter
    Admiral Alex 'Grumpy Cat' Richards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What you looking @ Admiral?"
  • Options
    ragnusthorneragnusthorne Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I patched with no trouble, about 20 minutes, got kicked off once, but picked up afterwards fine.

loads forever then fails to login for unknown reason. try again. success, new loading screen loooks sweet! but takes like 2 minutes to load and is laggy when switching characters, not bad but laggy, CPU is spiking to 100% but settles down soon after, I chalk it up to initial startup.

So I pick a toon and in I go, oh whats this? A Queue, so I wait another 10 minutes to login, and.. Server not responding.. well.. that was fun.

The condition of this server is kinda BS when you take into account how many thousands of players dump money hand over fist into this game. Who does their accounting? Would love to see a financial profile for cryptic sometime and see just how generous f2p really is.

At the same time this game is by and large way better than most other F2P games, and the market for sci-fi related mmo's is nil at most. (anarchy Online is still around but theyve been waiting on a graphic update for 6 years). But you have to take care of your customers. Gamers are a fickle bunch, don't tank like so many others have before.
  • Options
    bleapsbleaps Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dont worry.....about a thing, cuz every little thing.....she gunna be alright :D
  • Options
    pangur999pangur999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem. Character retrieval hangs up and then fails for "unknown reason":mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    tiriusavarotiriusavaro Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patching and playing went smoothly for me, I managed to reach level 8 on my Romulan and was about to finish the mission on Dewa III. Then I got booted, and now I also am getting the "unknown reasons" bug when I try to log back in. It seems to be stuck on "Retrieving list of characters".
    Vice Admiral Tirius Avara'o | U.S.S. Mistral (Fleet Star Cruiser)
    Vice Admiral Mathrias | U.S.S. Utrecht (Blockade Runner Retrofit)
    Vide Admiral Kyurin | U.S.S. Cairhien (Fleet Dreadnought Cruiser)
    Vice Admiral Kiarl Leftrin | U.S.S. Aegir (Fleet Recon Science Vessel)
    --= Starfleet Strategic Command =--
  • Options
    tangonationtangonation Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same happening to me :S
  • Options
    iticusiticus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed same thing...
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just randomly crashed out while standing and chatting at SFA. Getting the same error as everyone here. Coincidentally, I was chatting with people on how it was a good thing we have a month to decide on buying a LTS on sale. As it stands now, the server isn't inspiring a great deal of confidence.
  • Options
    razikhielrazikhiel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing here, folks.
    Patched, booted up the game, cannot retrieve characters, login failed for unknown reasons.
  • Options
    howtokhowtok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrsarcasto wrote: »
    Getting the same message.

After cryptic and LOR loading screens I get the "retrieving list of characters..." message for a few mins. followed by "Log in failed for unknown reason"

Same here, maybe the unkown reason is because we didnt buy any starter- / legacy-pack? :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
  • Options
    confessor1978confessor1978 Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    the only fixing they rush is getting more cash items in the shop the rest is so low priority the yts lad doesnt even bother fixing it.
  • Options
    maspien83maspien83 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic is not known for their stellar launches. They are know for the fantastic ones though. Zero server launch issues. No game breaking bugs. No exploits.
  • Options
    aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same happening here.

Shortly after Creating a New Romulin Character, in middle of tutorial and the black skin flickering was driving me mental so I switched to DX9 and restarted game and now getting this error.

Looking at my Modem/Router lights, there's no activity while game is trying to log in.

Obviously my internet connection is working fine as I'm posting here.
  • Options
    captainpetey001captainpetey001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting "invalid username or password" even though they're the same as my forum login and it's obviously working...

I had the same problem. I changed my password and was able to log on ... only to get the "unable to login for unknown reason" when retrieving my character list.

But hey, at least we now all have time for a quick beer-and-spaghetti-o's run :)
  • Options
    mwzmwz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also getting that message as well.
  • Options
    captainfarstarcaptainfarstar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well once you login there is que, I got through and even with a lifetime sub was 233 in the que.

Another Cryptic fail tbh.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    datawraith007datawraith007 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont have that torpedo equipped and i am getting the failed login.
  • Options
    hatch88hatch88 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im going to guess so many new characters just overloaded it. It'll be a bit before it gets back to working I'd bet. Ahh well. Happens to many games when they drop an expansion
  • Options
    banditkoval440banditkoval440 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep same i cant login with this same error... seriously... i could of done something better with my day and now i finished patching this TRIBBLE...
  • Options
    kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep same problem here. Patched with no problem, but character selection screen bombs out for "unknown reason"

me too when can we play this game
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • Options
    zona75zona75 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was able to log in once. I tried beaming to my ship from DS9 and the connection timed out, now every time I try to get back in I get the login error. :(
  • Options
    voleslovoleslo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that is what i get for taunting fleet members who are still patching :(
  • Options
    seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hsm2k4 wrote: »
    note to self: Perfect World launch date : 5/21/13
    actual day the game is playable: 5/22/13 or 5/23/13

|That isn't the gams fault tho is it, iv been playing the game since the update, and if im reading the date right its the 21st
  • Options
    demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All this can mean only one thing, Cryptics 56k modem crashed.
  • Options
    johndroidjohndroid Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Scotty our servers are giving all they got but they are melting to slag , why did we leave earth space dock before she was ready captain ??? ( endless silence ) ......
This discussion has been closed.