Lobi Crystals should be account bound

morkargh117morkargh117 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
Anyone else agree? Having these character bound is a bit harsh
Post edited by morkargh117 on

Comments

• sesshoseki7sesshoseki7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I completely agree!

Lobi are aggravating enough to grind up to get ONE decent do-dad, if you have several characters like I do, it's crushingly difficult to get enough for each character to get them.

It's not like you're getting anything you haven't already paid/traded for, the lobi out of the lockbox, which you bought/traded for already.

Cryptic got their money off the master key, they aren't losing anything by letting a player use their own lobi how they see fit on their own account.
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this has been suggested alot.
    the answer is always no..
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,454 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Yea... Lobi should be Account Bound. Makes sense. Then you can save up something, then use it wherever you need it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sesshoseki7sesshoseki7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    artanisen wrote: »

Indeed, however persistence is merely the payment required...

Cryptic/PWE are resistant to even our suggestions that they continue to breathe, much less do anything the players want... Therefore we must make them "uncomfortable in their complacency"...

One small voice, alone in the wild, carries with it little weight... Many small voices however carry many little weights... Many small weights can move the Earth...

This request won't sway them, the previous requests have not changed their minds, and we expect that future requests won't either... But we are not expecting any of them to actually succeed, hence why such a position of contention is actually a strong footing of argument, I/we have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

As such, like a child that perpetually hounds their parent with "please" no matter how many times the parent says "no", the child knows they have a sufficiently strong position to continue asking away, however what makes our situation even more unique is that the "nay sayer" can't punish us for pestering them with the question incessantly, and more over they want US to give -THEM- something in order to continue to exist...

Will it happen soon? Highly unlikely, but can it happen? Absolutely if we unrelenting wail like banshees about it until we force Cryptic/PWE's hand.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unlike a parent Cryptic can just smack your account from the forums :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • staticmousestaticmouse Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lobi should be account bound. Or at least make ALL the items from the lobi store account bound. As well as ALL the items from the lock boxes that are bound change to account bound instead.
    edited May 2013
    it would be nice if they create 2 types of lobi crystal
    1 account bound, and 1 character bound.

and 2 different type of lobi stores lol.
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...in total agreement with the OP. I'm not even sure doing it the way they do now, character bound, even maximizes people using them more. I know I don't.

Opening everything on one character, especially as new ones come out like Romulans/Remans, character binding would seem to make less people want to even mess with them.

Cryptic....free the Lobi!
  • gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic got their money off the master key, they aren't losing anything by letting a player use their own lobi how they see fit on their own account.

This isn't true if you look at the bigger picture. Lets say that you want to buy a Tholian Sword for 50 lobi, and you have five characters on your account each with 10 lobi. If it were account bound, then you'd just pool your lobi, get the sword, and everybody would be happy right?

But because it's not account bound, you can't pool your lobi, and in order to get the sword you want, you must use the character who needs the item, and open more lockboxes for more lobi. Which means more Master Keys, which no matter how you get your hands on it, originally was real money to PWE.

They want to sell as MANY keys as possible, making the lobi account bound would be counter to that goal. We may not like it and we may not agree, but it is what it is.
    Belief manifests reality
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lobi should definitely be account-bound. It's not a role-play thing at all, the crystals come from the (OORP) boxes and the (OORP) keys. They are not part of the game universe in any fashion, and do not reflect any in-character actions. The only reason to make them character-bound is to sell more keys to people who do not open the boxes on the same master character.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, it is silly to have lobi character bound. Lobi are somewhat 'outside' the game as it is since you, or someone, has to buy the keys outside of the game.
    The only reason to make them character-bound is to sell more keys to people who do not open the boxes on the same master character.

I agree that is their reasoning, but I would suggest that it works to the opposite too. I don't open any on alt toons because it'd be a waste. Once my main toon has what I want to buy, that's it. No more opening lockboxes. Any leftover lobi just sit there unspent till the next thing I want on my main toon. Now if those leftovers got me 1/2 way to something I might want an alt to have, I might get more to use them up. But since I can't transfer those lobi...
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gamerjosh wrote: »
    This isn't true if you look at the bigger picture. Lets say that you want to buy a Tholian Sword for 50 lobi, and you have five characters on your account each with 10 lobi. If it were account bound, then you'd just pool your lobi, get the sword, and everybody would be happy right?

But because it's not account bound, you can't pool your lobi, and in order to get the sword you want, you must use the character who needs the item, and open more lockboxes for more lobi. Which means more Master Keys, which no matter how you get your hands on it, originally was real money to PWE.

They want to sell as MANY keys as possible, making the lobi account bound would be counter to that goal. We may not like it and we may not agree, but it is what it is.

Alternatively, for those of us with a modicum of self-respect and self-control, we accept that we can't have the item, don't buy/trade for any more Master Keys, and the experience annoys us enough that we potentially never do so again. It may even annoy us enough that we don't make an unrelated RMT purchase that we otherwise would have.

Focusing exclusively on "as many as possible" is a great way to look good in your performance review/shareholders report, but it's the kind of short-termist narrow thinking which is responsible for most of the issues with modern business.

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Absolutely agree that lobi should be account bound and not character bound.
    It would be very beneficial if someone has multiple toons,to help save up for something nice. I think zen,dilithium and all currencies should be account bound too,to help a player in the same way.
    Alas though,will cryptic ever listen to us regards that,sadly I doubt it.
    Too many restrictions will mean less players.
    A less restrictive game will mean more players.
    Cryptic,Please re-think about the character bound rule,it is very UNFAIR and harsh.
    Yes its wishful thinking,but I hope the DEVS read this,and think about it at least.
  • davidfloresiidavidfloresii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yup they should be
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can never see them unlocking it for account wide, they actually loose money from the whole enterprise.

a person with 10 toons wants a lobi ship each, with the unlock all characters can chip in and get it. it would make the grind a lot easier and because of the sharing business, it wont take as long to get.

a person with 10 toons wants the same as the first, but the lobi is character bound, it will take a lot longer and cost a lot more.

as a business, they look out for profit as number 1 above anything else, so the account unlock will not happen as a result.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't mind them being toon bound if they went into your assets tab instead of taking up a slot.

Mirror excuse me if I misunderstand your post.

If a player with 10 toons wants a ship on each it is the same amount of time regardless as to whether or not the lobi is character bound or account bound. With the curent situation they could be losing money not making it with that restriction.

The person could see how long it took with one toon to get it and not bother with it on the other nine. If the lobi is account bound the perception is that it was faster to get the ship and so they would do it for all 10.
  • emeraldagenda12emeraldagenda12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    artanisen wrote: »

Well spank me and call me a Rebel then, I will always fight for this issue.
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else agree? Having these character bound is a bit harsh
    This is, as they say, a no brainer.

It should have been that way since the start.

Then we got 'free lobi' in FE reruns, so they argued we could exploit the free lobi if it were account bound.

We asked them to bind just those ones, take them out, something....but nope.

:(
  • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice, but the computer says no.

Lobi come from lock boxes. the lock boxes have to be opened with a key. the keys are obtained from the C store, or from the exchange for about 1.4 mil EC a pop. If there are more opportunities for cryptic to get money through lock box keys then they are hardly likely to change, which will reduce their profit margin greatly over time. That is why they wont make them account wide. The day they take lobi crystals out of the lock box permanently is the day you will see them changed to 'account wide' usage.
  • bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    s such, like a child that perpetually hounds their parent with "please" no matter how many times the parent says "no", the child knows they have a sufficiently strong position to continue asking away, however what makes our situation even more unique is that the "nay sayer" can't punish us for pestering them with the question incessantly, and more over they want US to give -THEM- something in order to continue to exist...

So, you want us to act like spoiled brats? :rolleyes:
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • renegade1spiritrenegade1spirit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    but but but.. cryptic needs all da moneys possibru
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this happened, I would just make a toon, do the box starter quest from grym

get the lobi

put in account vault

delete toon

repeat for hours

use hundreds of lobi on whatever i felt like
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    decronia wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind them being toon bound if they went into your assets tab instead of taking up a slot.

Mirror excuse me if I misunderstand your post.

If a player with 10 toons wants a ship on each it is the same amount of time regardless as to whether or not the lobi is character bound or account bound. With the curent situation they could be losing money not making it with that restriction.

The person could see how long it took with one toon to get it and not bother with it on the other nine. If the lobi is account bound the perception is that it was faster to get the ship and so they would do it for all 10.

Are there people out there that need a lobi found ship that would go through that trouble? Doubt it, they use the same toon in most cases to farm and perhaps donate a ship/gear to another toon, or sell it on the exchange
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AGREEEEEEEEEEEE, they should make lobi account bound
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe we can hold an Epohh or Horta hostage until Lobi becomes Account bound instead of Character bound.
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this happened, I would just make a toon, do the box starter quest from grym

get the lobi

put in account vault

delete toon

repeat for hours

use hundreds of lobi on whatever i felt like

It doesn't take a genius to come up with the solution for that often cited narrow-minded obstacle to introducing account bound Lobi. The mission never needed to be introduced in the first place.
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Basically every time I get a few more lobi crystals I think to myself...

"Ahh another useless reward in my lockbox that I had to spend my hard earned cash to open...thanks Cryptic!:("
    edited May 2013
    TBH about it, there so passionate about saying NO
    to lobi being account bound, they dont even try to come
    up with a solution.
  • bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see Lobi become account-bound, but it's not a huge deal. Most stuff on the Lobi store comes in boxes you can trade to your other characters, so I've just been having one captain open all the lockboxes, so he gets all the Lobi. Still got 2-3 Lobi on my other characters, but oh well, no big deal.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see Lobi become account-bound, but it's not a huge deal. Most stuff on the Lobi store comes in boxes you can trade to your other characters, so I've just been having one captain open all the lockboxes, so he gets all the Lobi. Still got 2-3 Lobi on my other characters, but oh well, no big deal.

The problem are the things that aren't tradeable. Like Tachyo [from store] and mining claims [from boxes]. It's frustrating. Although honestly, looking at NW, I'm left thinking if they do make a means to trade/consolidate Lobi amongst your account, it's going to be with a surcharge.