Install Arc
Options

Vulcan Girl on Home Page

2»

Comments

• Options
    dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for changing it. That Vulcan was seriously oversexualized, and obviously a cheap move to try and attract more players (CO has a similar new mascot, but is worse as CO's poster girl looks 15 years old). Romulan Lady is much more classy. It would be nice if Phaser Dude were somewhere else on the front page as well.

Hmm...actually I think it would take away that aspect of "The Legacy of Romulus" where its supposed to be about Romulans not really starfleet;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you so much for changing it!

Hopefully So'Hot will be a symbol to all MMO marketing teams that women can look sexy without exposing cleavage. :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you so much for changing it!

Hopefully So'Hot will be a symbol to all MMO marketing teams that women can look sexy without exposing cleavage. :D
    There's a difference between sexy, and sex object. The Romulan is the former, and that Vulcan was the latter.
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where'd she go? I like the Romulan much better.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Branflakes.

It doesn't pain me anymore to look at the main page.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aww I sad now... I liked the cute Vulcan ^^
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    T'boob and So'Hot are totally going to be BOFFs on my Romulan toon. :D
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The new mascot needs a bath and hair cut .... looks untrustworthy :cool:
  • Options
    cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yah know, can't we get clothing in game that are tighter (like leather) and a lot more sexy?
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • Options
    howiedizzlehowiedizzle Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

The fact someone with authority to do something about it caved is even sadder...
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fact someone with authority to do something about it caved is even sadder...

They didn't do it because they "caved", they did it to promote the launch of LoR.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    :D

Oh, Handsome Phaser Guy. Swoon.

The phaser guy is still on the home page, just in a smaller picture.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They didn't do it because they "caved", they did it to promote the launch of LoR.

I fully expected Romulan Lady to replace "Pretty Phaser Lady" (I think that's what Branflakes calls her) when Season 8 launched. So it's a little early.

Branflakes, do we have an "official" designation for the new mascot?
  • Options
    jadz3jadz3 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    otisnoble wrote: »
    The Vulcan Girl on the home page is all wrong. First shouldn't she be looking in the same direction as her phaser is pointing? Also, what Vulcan lady would show that much cleavage?

I think one Admiral T'ryssa Chen would :P And still the best explanation of that vulcan is: "A tripping elvish T'bossom."
  • Options
    oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why not, after the launch of LoR, have a trinity of the three characters?

While on that, we have a Vulcan, a Human, and a Romulan. Shouldn't we have a Klingon in the mix?
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

• Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are Klingons in this game? :D
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They just removed our half-vulcan lady to replace her with the romulan disruptor lady and her lovely smile.

Yeah. To promote the Romulans, the new stars of the expansion. Its a logical move.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    They just removed our half-vulcan lady to replace her with the romulan disruptor lady and her lovely smile.

Yeah. To promote the Romulans, the new stars of the expansion. Its a logical move.

Actually she was just moved to the set up your new account page.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    oracion666 wrote: »
    Why not, after the launch of LoR, have a trinity of the three characters?

While on that, we have a Vulcan, a Human, and a Romulan. Shouldn't we have a Klingon in the mix?

Yes, show a representation of all the factions working as a team.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, show a representation of all the factions working as a team.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. The Feds and KDF are still out murdering each other. You could have them split on both sides of the main page, with a fed and romulan on the left, and a klink and reman on the right, to represent the split nature of the romulan faction.
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

• Options
    edited May 2013
    oracion666 wrote: »
    Well, I wouldn't go that far. The Feds and KDF are still out murdering each other. You could have them split on both sides of the main page, with a fed and romulan on the left, and a klink and reman on the right, to represent the split nature of the romulan faction.

Though we are mortal enemies we have worked together in the past and as we are both allied with the Romulan people we can still work together for the good of the alliance.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think they should just bring back the handsome phaser guy.
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sjamesh wrote: »
    I think they should just bring back the handsome phaser guy.

What bring him back he never left?
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    True T'Pol showed some cleavage but the girl in the picture looks like she if about to fall out of her shirt. Also, is she falling because she is top heavy?

if that was the case, I'm surprised 7of9 didn't have that issue to.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    turalisj89turalisj89 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Vulcan Girl on the home page is all wrong. First shouldn't she be looking in the same direction as her phaser is pointing? Also, what Vulcan lady would show that much cleavage?

Hand over your man card.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    captw wrote: »
    if that was the case, I'm surprised 7of9 didn't have that issue to.

For the most part 7 of 9 was fully covered, albeit tightly coverd
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    turalisj89 wrote: »
    Hand over your man card.

Look I love cleavage as much as the next guy. I just didn't think it was appropriate for the Character.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen