test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Another Stahl Tweet!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Melvin has started blocking out the skyline and building plots for Star Fleet Academy. Can't wait to see this done!
Check out our concept art for the new Klingon Academy grounds on Qo'noS. This will be the counterpart to SFA.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I saw one earlier where tehy were putting the finishing touches on skirts. ;D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Awesome! That is an extremely early build, but it tells us one thing: The bridge & skyline will definitely be there. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Haha there's no water I see under the Golden Gate :D

Reminds me of IRobot
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Seems like when its done, the Academy is going to be unforgetable.

Just wondering if we will have Starfleet Medical and HQ as part of the campus?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I hope we can test ships at the Academy. I been toying with maybe getting the dreadnought but i'm not sure yet
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Haha there's no water I see under the Golden Gate :D

Reminds me of IRobot

Water? Won't be in 'till Tuesday. :p
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    thefrayl wrote: »
    Water? Won't be in 'till Tuesday. :p

Darn, guess I'll have to ration out the last of the water I have :p

(Haha in reality it's been raining so hard here in NJ for the past 2 days my house is starting to flood :eek: :( )
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Now with Klingon Academy.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So they are actually building Starfleet Academy, but only in the concept art stage of the Klingon academy. Why am I not surprised? Wouldnt it have been mind blowing if they actually did the Klingon academy first?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Now with Klingon Academy.

That concept art is amazing. Here's hoping those sheer, crystalline rockfaces become a reality!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    dixonium wrote: »
    That concept art is amazing. Here's hoping those sheer, crystalline rockfaces become a reality!

I think it looks cool. Starfleet would definitely be easier to do since we've actually seen it on screen. I can understand why the Klingon academy is only at the artwork stage. They are having to make it up.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So they are actually building Starfleet Academy, but only in the concept art stage of the Klingon academy. Why am I not surprised? Wouldnt it have been mind blowing if they actually did the Klingon academy first?

The order in which these tweet leaks were posted indicates nothing regarding the stage of development for each map. Given the very early development on that Earth map, the explanation may simply be that the Klingon concept art is more impressive than any work currently done on the Qo'noS map. Either way, Starfleet Academy and the Klingon Academy are being developed and released side-by-side.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    dixonium wrote: »
    The order in which these tweet leaks were posted indicates nothing regarding the stage of development for each map. Given the very early development on that Earth map, the explanation may simply be that the Klingon concept art is more impressive than any work currently done on the Qo'noS map. Either way, Starfleet Academy and the Klingon Academy are being developed and released side-by-side.

I'd wager that work on Starfleet Academy actually did start earlier, while Klingon Academy was being designed, since, you know, we already know what Starfleet Academy and San Fransisco look lke, and Klingon Academy is being designed from scratch...

Seriously though Cryptic, fix baldrics.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I hope we can choose to do the academy even if we have a leveled up character. >.>
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Aisling wrote:
    I hope we can choose to do the academy even if we have a leveled up character. >.>

Indeed. that would be nice
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    it the KDF academy is just like that in the picture, ill wet myself over and over again, even with the bop landed on the surface that be epic. GO WITH THE PIC!