test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vulcan Girl on Home Page

otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
The Vulcan Girl on the home page is all wrong. First shouldn't she be looking in the same direction as her phaser is pointing? Also, what Vulcan lady would show that much cleavage?
Fleet Admiral Stephen
Post edited by otisnoble on

Comments

• trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    T'Pol *tenten*
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • deyvaddeyvad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's a vulcan lady with generous cleavage

Now, for the direction of sight.

1st, she's not at a shooting range, 2nd, if you look closely (stare away from the cleavage), you'll notice she's running (or falling), so no, she doesn't need to keep looking at where she shot, she should focus on where she's going.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Vulcan hotties and cleavage for the win. What I can't figure out is where the rest of her right arm is.
  • deyvaddeyvad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    What I can't figure out is where the rest of her right arm is.

it's called a stump, and you shouldn't stare, she's really self-conscious about it
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deyvad wrote: »

1st, she's not at a shooting range, 2nd, if you look closely (stare away from the cleavage), you'll notice she's running (or falling), so no, she doesn't need to keep looking at where she shot, she should focus on where she's going.

True T'Pol showed some cleavage but the girl in the picture looks like she if about to fall out of her shirt. Also, is she falling because she is top heavy?
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    T'TRIBBLE has been an embarassment since the day she debuted. Angry Romulan Lady is much better.
    <3
    edited May 2013
    Since her arm was just blown off, I'm thinking that is the reason she seems to be unbalanced.
    edited May 2013

Shooting wildly without looking only works in movies, I was taught to keep my enemy in sight and aim for the center mass, hard to do if your not looking at the target.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • aliendejouraliendejour Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ... if you look closely (stare away from the cleavage), you'll notice she's running (or falling)...

So in summary, while blindly fleeing danger our hapless redhirt (ensign T'Klutz) trips, rips her blouse open and accidentally discharges her weapon.

See everything in this picture has a completely rational explanation. :D
    edited May 2013
    So in summary, while blindly fleeing danger our hapless redhirt (ensign T'Klutz) trips, rips her blouse open and accidentally discharges her weapon.

See everything in this picture has a completely rational explanation. :D

Actually she has four pips on her collar which would make her a Commander and her shirt is unzipped not ripped.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • aliendejouraliendejour Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    otisnoble wrote: »
    Actually she has four pips on her collar which would make her a Commander and her shirt is unzipped not ripped.

A zipper can still get accidentally "ripped" open when you trip. So I stand by most of my satirical statement... except for the ensign part.

You definitely got me on the pip thing, though isn't 4 pips a Captain?

Irregardless T'Klutz here has some serious competency issues.
    edited May 2013
    A zipper can still get accidentally "ripped" open when you trip. So I stand by most of my satirical statement... except for the ensign part.

You definitely got me on the pip thing, though isn't 4 pips a Captain?

Irregardless T'Klutz here has some serious competency issues.

OK on both counts, Commander is one black pip and three gold, Captain is four gold pips
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STO, the only game I've experienced so far where the community is not in favor of the TRIBBLE. Congrats, you classy cheeps.
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

• voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oracion666 wrote: »
    STO, the only game I've experienced so far where the community is not in favor of the TRIBBLE. Congrats, you classy cheeps.

Perhaps it's because in Trek, Vulcans and captains in general don't show that much skin in that area...

Or perhaps it's because of that ridiculous pose...

Or perhaps it's because Handsome Phaser Guy was so much more awesome!
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK on both counts, Commander is one black pip and three gold, Captain is four gold pips

nope, commander is just 3 gold pips, have you ever watched star trek:P j/k
    edited May 2013
    nope, commander is just 3 gold pips, have you ever watched star trek:P j/k

Thank you, I stand corrected again it's Lt Commander that is one black pip two gold, Commander Three Gold and Captain four Gold pips. Which would make our Lovely Vulcan a Captain.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
    edited May 2013
    Were the Vulcan Captain and the Romulan Lady drawn using models, if so could we see pictures of the actual girls.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oracion666 wrote: »

I like you.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My only problem with the vulcan lady is that she looks a bit pink.... arent vulcans supposed to be having a greenish tint to their skin due to green blood?

Mind, this most likely would be explained if she were part human.

Though yeah, the Romulan lady is better with her self-confident grin.

And she got a way better gun than that stupid looking phaser pistol that human guy and vulcan girl have.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    edited May 2013
    :D
    voporak wrote: »
    Perhaps it's because in Trek, Vulcans and captains in general don't show that much skin in that area...

Oh, Handsome Phaser Guy. Swoon.
    <3
    edited May 2013
    voporak wrote: »

I don't mind TRIBBLE, I like TRIBBLE. What I am complaining about is a Vulcan who is supposed to be hiding her emotions and thinks human lust is illogical would overtly show her TRIBBLE. T'Pol may have shown some cleavage but she was still modestly dressed compared to the young lady in question.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also a little wierded out that falling down seems to cause her to fire her phaser. Or is she supposed to be running? Either way, she's not going to hit anything.
    edited May 2013
    She should be standing up tall and proud like HPG, shooting the TRIBBLE out if the bad guys.
    <3
    edited May 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    She should be standing up tall and proud like HPG, shooting the TRIBBLE out if the bad guys.

Even John Wayne took cover sometimes. Mythbusters covered the myth of shooting wildly without looking and showed that other than a few lucky shots the myth was busted
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
    edited May 2013
    1) What's a cheep?

2) She's obviously being blown about by the wind, and as a Trek character she is obviously in the process of saving the universe - therefore, I assume she is facing more than one person.

3) One arm blown off, standing against both the elements and multiple baddies, clothes slightly immodest, still looking hot - what more do you want from her?

:P
    edited May 2013
    Even John Wayne took cover sometimes. Mythbusters covered the myth of shooting wildly without looking and showed that other than a few lucky shots the myth was busted

1. Plot armour.

2. She looks like a moron.
    <3
    edited May 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    1. Plot armour.

2. She looks like a moron.

Actually she looks dazed and scared. Not exactly Vulcan like.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    What Vulcan girl? :confused:

:cool: :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now all we need is for the actual Romulan Republic neutral uniform to have that same undershirt available too. :D
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What Vulcan girl? :confused:

:cool: :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Thanks for changing it. That Vulcan was seriously oversexualized, and obviously a cheap move to try and attract more players (CO has a similar new mascot, but is worse as CO's poster girl looks 15 years old). Romulan Lady is much more classy. It would be nice if Phaser Dude were somewhere else on the front page as well.