test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CaptainGeko Twitter post: 32 Romulan Ships at Launch!

Comments

• Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm fairly certain that before the Klingon start level was increased to 20ish, they had T1 and T2 ships, if those are available again, they hardly count as new. :)
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And Geko just posted that the 32 number doesn't include the KDF ships, so we're still missing 3 Rom ships. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain that before the Klingon start level was increased to 20ish, they had T1 and T2 ships, if those are available again, they hardly count as new. :)
    They count as new for the thousand of people who've never seen them before. :)

Stop thinking like an old STO vet and start thinking like a new FTPer. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I said that they've "always been there" because even though they've been unused since Season 5, they existed before then and the information for them has sat around from then until now. The Koloth, B'rotlh, and Qaw'Dun are new models for the T1 & T2 Birds of Prey (and for the Koloth and B'rotlh, also for the B'rel Retrofit).

Those are the C-Store versions:

The Koloth is not new, it's been around before Season 5. But the B'Rolth (which is the Advance B'rel Frigates for Carriers) and the Qaw'Dun are new.

And they also added the Kivra (which is the old Toron shuttle).

Also, Geko revealed that there is an upcoming Negh'var varient (possibly the future Negh'var seen in All Good Things (which was known in the community as the VoD'leh, which Cryptic used the name for the Vo'Quv skin)).
  • Options
    quanmanchuquanmanchu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    They count as new for the thousand of people who've never seen them before. :)

Stop thinking like an old STO vet and start thinking like a new FTPer. :)

Do we have to? :(
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Koloth is not new, it's been around before Season 5. But the B'Rolth (which is the Advance B'rel Frigates for Carriers) and the Qaw'Dun are new.

And they also added the Kivra (which is the old Toron shuttle).

Also, Geko revealed that there is an upcoming Negh'var varient (possibly the future Negh'var seen in All Good Things (which was known in the community as the VoD'leh, which Cryptic used the name for the Vo'Quv skin)).

He mentioned the model, which was also used for the prime universe Neghvar in DS9. For those who are curious, he also said the the main cannons were missing, and that adding them would likely yield a Regent style Negh'var.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still may have both those Birds of Prey on my old KDF character.. But as for the 32 ships, has anyone counted the three mirror universe lockbox ships?
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    edited May 2013
    blitzy4 wrote: »
    I still may have both those Birds of Prey on my old KDF character.. But as for the 32 ships, has anyone counted the three mirror universe lockbox ships?

Yes they did.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could it be that they added 3 more KDF and 3 more Rom Mirror ships (for a total of 6) to match the Feds' 6? It wouldn't require new art and could be accomplished with some stat swaps.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could it be that they added 3 more KDF and 3 more Rom Mirror ships (for a total of 6) to match the Feds' 6? It wouldn't require new art and could be accomplished with some stat swaps.

Well, possibly. But that would mean that the roms would be getting something like Mirror D'Deridex, Mogai, Dhelan or T'liss warbirds. Which isn't going to happen whilst they're on sale in the C-Store.

I still put my money firmly on a Scimitar pack. We know it's coming, and the chances are that it's coming before the 1000-day ship and Romulan Timeship.

And even that would leave us one ship short of the target.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Well, possibly. But that would mean that the roms would be getting something like Mirror D'Deridex, Mogai, Dhelan or T'liss warbirds. Which isn't going to happen whilst they're on sale in the C-Store.

I still put my money firmly on a Scimitar pack. We know it's coming, and the chances are that it's coming before the 1000-day ship and Romulan Timeship.

There's 29 ships without the Scimitar. A 3-pack would take that to 32.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There's 29 ships without the Scimitar. A 3-pack would take that to 32.

Indeed. I meant if we assume for a moment that the Scimitar bundle is not the three mystery ships, then we could call the 1000-day ship and the Romulan timeship as possibilities. But that would probably leave us one ship short - unless they do a mirror Romulan timeship?

In which case - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

But we know they're not going to be ready at launch.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Indeed. I meant if we assume for a moment that the Scimitar bundle is not the three mystery ships, then we could call the 1000-day ship and the Romulan timeship as possibilities. But that would probably leave us one ship short - unless they do a mirror Romulan timeship?

In which case - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

But we know they're not going to be ready at launch.
    I don't expect to see the Timeship or the Vet Reward ship for a few months. The blogs stated they wouldn't be here for launch, and I doubt that's changed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't expect to see the Timeship or the Vet Reward ship for a few months. The blogs stated they wouldn't be here for launch, and I doubt that's changed.

Of course. So we've eliminated those from the picture, the leaves either the Scimitar 3-pack or three new ships that we don't yet know about.

Or Geko has said 32 when he meant 29. And all this speculation is for nought.
  • Options
    threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    romulan exclusive lock box ship, romulan exclusive lobi ship, and another romulan exclusive mirror ship. There's your missing 3.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    romulan exclusive lock box ship, romulan exclusive lobi ship, and another romulan exclusive mirror ship. There's your missing 3.

Well...nuts.

Forgot all about the upcoming lockbox ships. If that's the the three though, Monday's blog will likely be the reveal of the Tal Shiar lockbox (or w/e) and the confirmation that these will be dropping come LoR launch.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    well we know that the dominion lock boxes are gone come Tuesday, cryptic wont miss an opportunity to sell keys. can't think of anything else it could possibly be.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm a little iffy on the idea of a Rom Lockbox. It would seem to go against the idea of putting Faction-specific ships into Lockboxes. But it's possible. Geko did confirm they are all Rom ships.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm a little iffy on the idea of a Rom Lockbox. It would seem to go against the idea of putting Faction-specific ships into Lockboxes. But it's possible. Geko did confirm they are all Rom ships.

why not? time ships are faction locked.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    why not? time ships are faction locked.
    They're Faction agnostic. A Fed gets a Fed timeship. A Klingon gets a Klingon timeship. It would be cross-faction if the KDF got a Wells or the Feds got a Korath.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The devs did also say there probably won't be a scimitar at launch, I'm inclined to believe the lobi+lockbox+mirror ship theory.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Also the Tal'shiar lockbox is unlikely to have Romulan ships.
    Which is fine, but I was responding to the idea of a "Romulan" Lockbox. I don't believe Cryptic wants the Fed and KDF to be flying around in Romulan Lockbox ships. Having Fed and KDF in a D'deridex only diminished the importance of the Big D to the Rom players.
  • Options
    aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guess that they are the 29 Romulan ships and the 3 Mirror versions.
    The next Lockbox could probably add a Carrier or so.

Of course it would be awesome if we get a suprise message that the Scimitar is in the Store on Tuesday. That would be so amazing!
  • Options
    sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    True but if you check the post I quoted, the 3 mirror warbirds had already been taken into account when said poster reached a total of 29.

As I say, i'm just sayin' - He says 32. We count 29. He says that the Scimitar is likely going to be a 3-pack.

Either Geko's numbers are off or he's just dropped a bombshell he probably shouldn't have.

It's also possible that the MU Warbirds got doubled like the other non-MU lockbox ships. They shouldn't need to double it like they do with Fed/Rom Tholian ships, but maybe weird code logic fail.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Which is fine, but I was responding to the idea of a "Romulan" Lockbox. I don't believe Cryptic wants the Fed and KDF to be flying around in Romulan Lockbox ships. Having Fed and KDF in a D'deridex only diminished the importance of the Big D to the Rom players.

I agree, that's why I said romulan exclusive =p
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I agree, that's why I said romulan exclusive =p
    Yeah, but the wouldn't just do a Lockbox only for Romulan players. Not everyone is going to play a Rom. They need to do something that can be used by the people still playing Feds, and all the people doing the new KDF content too.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'd imagine a Mirror Haakona would be a natural counterpart to the Mirror Prometheus. Likewise, it wouldn't have a MVAM console but could use one from the C-Store version.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the mirror Ha'apax already exists
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I saw mention of a "Commander's Gig" when I talked to one of the officers in the Command Center shuttlebay, but no such shuttle was available at Ship Requisitions. I am assuming that the Gig would be the Romulan equivalent to the Captain's Yacht or the KDF's "Chariot" thingy. Dunno if that will be one of the new ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher