test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CaptainGeko Twitter post: 32 Romulan Ships at Launch!

burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
Link: https://twitter.com/CaptainGeko/status/335451317864632320

"On rough count, Legacy of Romulus will launch with 32 new playable romulan ships (includes Warbirds, small craft, fleet ships, mirror ships)"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• subway7850subway7850 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd say Geko is TROLLING
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I count 29, so that's 3 off.

Miscount, or is the Romulan three pack ship coming out early? You be the judge.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    subway7850 wrote: »
    I'd say Geko is TROLLING

In that case, you would be feeding it, and we all know you shouldn do that...

I would never say a dev is a Troll... ;)
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    subway7850 wrote: »
    I'd say Geko is TROLLING

The ships we already know about (free, C-store, and fleet) come to 28, and patch notes mention a total of 3 mirror warbirds being added to past lockboxes bringing it to 31. That leaves only 1 unaccounted for, but a new lockbox on the way most likely accounting for another mirror warbird.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tier 1 (2): T'liss, T'varo

Tier 2 (2): Dhelan, Dhael

Tier 3 (2): Mogai, Valdore

Tier 4 (2): D'deridex, D'ridthau

Tier 5 Free (3): Ha'apax, Ha'nom, Ha'feh

Mirror Tier 5 (3): Mirror Ha'pax, Mirror Ha'nom, Mirror Ha'feh (found in existing lockboxes with mirror ships)

Tier 5 C-Store (5): T'varo Retrofit, Dhelan Retrofit, Mogai Retrofit, D'deridex Retrofit, Haakona

Fleet (7): Fleet T'varo, Fleet Dhelan, Fleet Mogai, Fleet D'deridex, Fleet Ha'apax, Fleet Ha'nom, Fleet Ha'feh

Shuttlecraft (3): Tiercel, Kestrel, Scorpion

...Yep, I only count 29. Maybe the new lockbox will have three more mirror Warbirds (possibly D'deridex, Mogai, and either T'varo or Dhelan)? Or they finished the Veteran and Timeship Warbirds earlier than they thought?
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well aslong as he doesn't say unique ships.

Also don't think a shuttle is a ship so. And of course adding a console slot for the fleet version and calling it a new ship hardly qualifies.
    edited May 2013
    Never mind, someone else did the same post while I was typing.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tier 1 (2): T'liss, T'varo

Tier 2 (2): Dhelan, Dhael

Tier 3 (2): Mogai, Valdore

Tier 4 (2): D'deridex, D'ridthau

Tier 5 Free (3): Ha'apax, Ha'nom, Ha'feh

Mirror Tier 5 (3): Mirror Ha'pax, Mirror Ha'nom, Mirror Ha'feh (found in existing lockboxes with mirror ships)

Tier 5 C-Store (5): T'varo Retrofit, Dhelan Retrofit, Mogai Retrofit, D'deridex Retrofit, Haakona

Fleet (7): Fleet T'varo, Fleet Dhelan, Fleet Mogai, Fleet D'deridex, Fleet Ha'apax, Fleet Ha'nom, Fleet Ha'feh

Shuttlecraft (3): Tiercel, Kestrel, Scorpion

...Yep, I only count 29. Maybe the new lockbox will have three more mirror Warbirds (possibly D'deridex, Mogai, and either T'varo or Dhelan)? Or they finished the Veteran and Timeship Warbirds earlier than they thought?

Well...if we're at 29, and the Scimitar is meant to be a three pack.

Jus' sayin.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He does say "at launch," and the Scimitar isn't at launch. However, like I said, the patch notes have mentioned 3 mirror warbirds being added to existing lockboxes, so that accounts for the full 32 (not 31 by my mistaken count).
    Mirror Warbirds have been added to existing Lock Boxes!

Romulan Players that open these existing Lock Boxes will have a chance at receiving new variant starships:
    Tholian Lock Box has a chance of containing a Mirror Universe Ha'apax Battle Cruiser Warbird
    Temporal Lock Box has a chance of containing a Mirror Universe Ha'nom Guardian Warbird
    Dominion Lock Box has a chance of containing a Mirror Universe Ha'feh Assault Warbird
    These ships may be traded while packed, but can only be unpacked by Romulan Republic Captains.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9745821&postcount=1
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay, mystery 3 pack a cometh!

Scimitar Dreadnought Carrier :D
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bran did mention there are two more blogs coming on monday...

One for the lockbox, one for the bundle?
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    He does say "at launch," and the Scimitar isn't at launch. However, like I said, the patch notes have mentioned 3 mirror warbirds being added to existing lockboxes, so that accounts for the full 32 (not 31 by my mistaken count).

True but if you check the post I quoted, the 3 mirror warbirds had already been taken into account when said poster reached a total of 29.

As I say, i'm just sayin' - He says 32. We count 29. He says that the Scimitar is likely going to be a 3-pack.

Either Geko's numbers are off or he's just dropped a bombshell he probably shouldn't have.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Either Geko's numbers are off or he's just dropped a bombshell he probably shouldn't have.
    Launch is 4 days away. There's nothing wrong with a tease this close. Heck, they teased Romulans for a month before they even announced they were doing them. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hevach wrote: »

The mirror ships were already counted in the known 29.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Launch is 4 days away. There's nothing wrong with a tease this close. Heck, they teased Romulans for a month before they even announced they were doing them. :)

True, and I wouldn't call it a "bombshell" when we still really have no idea. They also said all canon ships would be in-game and we haven't seen the scout ship or the canon science vessel (aka upside down scout ship) yet. It could be any number of things. In any case, only 4 days to go!
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's two new Klingon Birds of Prey coming out too, according to the latest dev blog.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
    edited May 2013
    diotw wrote: »
    There's two new Klingon Birds of Prey coming out too, according to the latest dev blog.
    Good point! When you take the 2 new KDF ships into account, and then whatever C-Store versions might also be available, that could make up the difference.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited May 2013
    The KDF ships are pure C-store.

And assuming you take everything said in the quote at face value, he specifically said Romulan ships.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    malkarris wrote: »
    The KDF ships are pure C-store.

And assuming you take everything said in the quote at face value, he specifically said Romulan ships.

Indeed, if we included the new klingon ships, we would have to include all of the off faction ships.
    edited May 2013
    cidstorm wrote: »
    Indeed, if we included the new klingon ships, we would have to include all of the off faction ships.
    The point is there are at least 2 new KDF ships coming with LoR - and I'm going to assume that it's 4 as their will be 2 free ships and 2 new C-Store ships.
    edited May 2013
    The point is there are at least 2 new KDF ships coming with LoR - and I'm going to assume that it's 4 as their will be 2 free ships and 2 new C-Store ships.

It's 2 new C-Store ships. The free KDF ships for the lower tiers are already there (B'rel and Quldun Birds of Prey, Somraw Raptor, K'Tanco Battlecruiser).
    edited May 2013
    It's 2 new C-Store ships. The free KDF ships for the lower tiers are already there (B'rel and Quldun Birds of Prey, Somraw Raptor, K'Tanco Battlecruiser).
    Based on today's Dev blog the KDF is getting 2 new free ships: a new T1 and a new T2. They couldn't have always been there as the KDF haven't had T1/T2 ships since FTP came out and their level minimum became 24. IE, they had no use for T1 and T2 ships at 24 - where they would need a T3 ship.

The new ships are the B'Roth and Qaw'Dun.

I assume there's going to be C-Store versions as well.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 is right. The KDF is technically getting 4 new ships, 2 free ones and the 2 C-store ones from the blog.

EDIT: I don't know if the old Somraw raptor will be availibe at T2 for KDF as well, anyone know?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Based on today's Dev blog the KDF is getting 2 new free ships: a new T1 and a new T2. They couldn't have always been there as the KDF haven't had T1/T2 ships since FTP came out and their level minimum became 24. IE, they had no use for T1 and T2 ships at 24 - where they would need a T3 ship.

I don't see where it says they are free ships. only that they are c-store and both come with a console :s

''We are also excited to announce that we?re adding two new Klingon ships to the C-Store with the launch of Legacy of Romulus!''
    edited May 2013
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    I don't see where it says they are free ships. only that they are c-store and both come with a console :s

''We are also excited to announce that we?re adding two new Klingon ships to the C-Store with the launch of Legacy of Romulus!''
    You are right, those are C-Store, but my point is, there are new KDF ships coming with LoR as well. Geko might be taking those into account when giving his 32 number - even if by accident.

Either way, we'll find out in 4 days. :)
    edited May 2013
    I said that they've "always been there" because even though they've been unused since Season 5, they existed before then and the information for them has sat around from then until now. The Koloth, B'rotlh, and Qaw'Dun are new models for the T1 & T2 Birds of Prey (and for the Koloth and B'rotlh, also for the B'rel Retrofit).

Those are the C-Store versions:

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Link to the STO Wiki.

See the Tier 1 & 2 BoP roster. There are 2 free BoPs with the two from the blog being their C-Store alterantives with unique consoles.
    You don't seriously expect that the KDF won't have free T1 & T2 leveling ships and be obliged to buy C-Store ones to play the game? :confused:

EDIT: I don't want to ruin the fun for anyone expecting the Scimitar 3 pack, but actually when I pay attention a bit more I come to this conclusion:

There are currently 29 Romulan ships announced for LoR.
    Currently at KDF Tier 2 there are the QulDun BoP, the Somraw raptor and the K'tanco battlecruiser. You can buy them for dili even now. That leaves the Tier 1 free B'rel + Tier C-Store 1 B'rotlh + Tier 2 C-Store QawDun = 3.
    29 Rom + 3 KDF = 32.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • starshipturtlestarshipturtle Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    EDIT: Nevermind.
    edited May 2013
    EDIT: Nevermind.
    Ok. We'll nevermind. :)
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    Link to the STO Wiki.

See the Tier 1 & 2 BoP roster. There are 2 free BoPs with the two from the blog being their C-Store alterantives with unique consoles.
    You don't seriously expect that the KDF won't have free T1 & T2 leveling ships and be obliged to buy C-Store ones to play the game? :confused:

no but my point is the dev blog only said they are adding 2 ships to the c-store. so that's a fact. there was no mention about them being free ship options. the dev blog needs more depth in information.