test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who are you allying your Romulan/Reman with?

Comments

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    It was not alternate for him, it was fact.
    There was also the Dauntless there..a ship that does not exist in our timeline any more.
    And if you go back and watch the scene, the ships were using Phase Cannons not Phasers.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Nova_at_procyon_v.jpg

Given that this future is even more alternate than the JJ verse, how is it supposed to be a fact that anything there will happen in this timeline as well?

phase cannons on a Prometheus? not likely and that ship in that picture is a nova class ship and it looks like it had phasers as well. i need harder evidence then this very thin picture take. i will rewatch that ENT episode but i am positive they had phasers.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • voxinvictusvoxinvictus Member Posts: 261
    edited May 2013
    Klingon.

I probably would have gone KDF anyway, but the crippled power levels of Warbirds makes the plasmonic leech practically a requirement (IMO).
  • dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Both...

/10char
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll be making some on both sides just to try everything, but after playing through the first dozen missions on Tribble, siding with the Federation feels more natural. You're trying to build a new homeworld and defend your people from a psychotic adversary, and it seems most of the RR NPCs you run into just want to be left the heck alone, and that just feels a lot more Federation than Empire. On the other hand the Empire has all the best equipment and doffing, so there is the bribery aspect (but what else is new?)

That said though, my Rom characters are Romulans, first and foremost. D'tan may be a hippie, but I think he's a little more sensible than he's often given credit for, and he's a heck of a lot better than the alternative. We'll side with the Federation or the Empire, but allied with them, not subordinate to them. We are Romulan.
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have two free character slots, so my plan is for one of each.

A few "seasons" ago, I made a custom "Romulan" Federation character, Eivesh Jo'rek. She was a Romulan refugee on Khoal who was rescued when the Federation liberated the planet ("Mine Enemy"). She was one of the prisoners in the hidden Tal Shiar base, where she "participated" in experiments conducted by Hakeev. She was augmented with Reman and Betazoid DNA, so she's no longer "pure" Romulan.

When Season 8 goes live, she's getting a sister, Aevana Jo'rek, who will ally with the Federation.

I was thinking of making a Reman character to ally with the KDF. I came up with a character design on Tribble for another Romulan character, so I'm planning to use that. No backstory for that character yet, just the name Sestrah. I'm planning to run her more as an "Imperial" Romulan.
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Frak the Feds

Frak the Klingons

Frak D'tan and his happy hippie hobos

Frak Sela and the Tal'shiar

I'm a Romulan, my allegiance is to myself and my crew...

But if the Federation wants to pay me to Frak some stuff up who am I to refuse, my plasma manifolds need an overhaul.

Other than grabbing my Point Defense System console from my thunderchild I'm sticking to all Romulan gear and ships. I'll never step foot on ESD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *Sarcastic Romulan voice*Hmm tough choice go Fed and start the reunification of the Vulcans with the Romulans like Spock wanted or go Klingon and basically become a slave to a people that hate you and even invaded your homeland.:rolleyes: Call me crazy but I think I'll go Federation it seems kind of counter productive to trade your oppressive Romulan overlord in for a Klingon one at least the Romulan overlord was Romulan.:P
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Definitely KDF...if a Cardassian faction ever comes around those I would probably make Feds.
  • felixhexfelixhex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My first Romulan toon will be aligned with the KDF. Im doing this RP where his brother, Kreezo, a half Romulan/Vulcan, raised on Earth is a member of Starfleet. I will then make another toon, Reman and maybe go the other way. I think I will maybe fashion his after the Reman that is a member on my VA ship.
  • dem613dem613 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Federation
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not 100% sure yet tbh..

At first I immediately decided FED, but on the other hand it could be nice to see what the grass is like on the other side.
    signwidrona.png
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ihavent decided but many years ago the romulans allied with the kdf and swapped plans for ships and cloaking devices. So I may go for that rather than ally with the feds. Not sure if I want to have a reman or romulan though may go for the latter but I have the option
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    If you ally with the Feds you may as well just turn the self destruct on

are you new to this game only a minority even pvps I stop back in year one of the game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • eyepaheyepah Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Definitely KDF...if a Cardassian faction ever comes around those I would probably make Feds.

This was my plan too.
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Tal Shiar... unfortunately stuck in deep cover with the Feds until some enterprising Foundry author (and not one of the stuck up prigs who continually call for nerfs) makes a proper Romulan storyline.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, given that the only fleet I'm in is on the FED side, I figure I'll ally with the FEDs. With my Romulan anyway. If I make a second character, I might ally with the KDF.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • nathan41867nathan41867 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we make Romulan characters now or after the launch of the Legacy of Romulus? I don't need anything new to make a Romulan do I?
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fleet disruptors and marauding make the Klingon side the easy choice.
  • darthlokidarthloki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather not ally with anyone as a romulan and just have the romulans as there own faction
  • peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a no-brainer for me: KDF. The one, big, and only reason: marauding. Why would anyone want to choose the Federation? Diplomacy doesn't even begin to come close to marauding.
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    because kdf would in slave you before you ever be a true ally and by that time you will call for feds to come and save you but by then it would be to late you would have picked kdf :P

with feds they are you know I put on a smile and say Jolan-Tru friend but really be saying this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fed.

Refused to touch Klingon til the Tribble test week because they weren't a true starter faction prior to that. Want my Klingon run to be pure, where I've done Fed back in the day so interesting to see what changes are brought to it without replaying as my Fed main.
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    KDF, because i want plasmonic leech to compensate for the energy nerf that romulans have lol.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    KDF, assuming the real patching will work unlike the pre-patching. There's literally not a single good reason to pick FED, other than human bridge officer's racial bonus I guess.

If the patching is still as messed up as it is now, none, I'll go play Path of Exile.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have 4 fed toons and 1 KDF, so probably KDF. Plus our KDF side fleet needs more help then our Fed side.
    phoenicius wrote: »
    KDF, because i want plasmonic leech to compensate for the energy nerf that romulans have lol.

Damn, man, that's an excellent point! :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • neohunter200neohunter200 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will most probably have two Romulan characters; one with the Federation and one with the Klingon Empire.
  • vhylevhyle Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Federation for me. I just seem to enjoy that side more than the KDF for some reason. I may change my mind before the expansion hits.
  • kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I lol at the Fed-minded people who think Romulans would automatically join the Federation just because Feds are sucking up to them. They conveniently forget the Romulans and Klingons have allied themselves in the past, where as prior to the Dominion War, no such alliances ever existed between the Romulans and the Federation. Hell, they didn't even want to join the Feds in that war.

:rolleyes:
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kain9prime wrote: »
    I lol at the Fed-minded people who think Romulans would automatically join the Federation just because Feds are sucking up to them. They conveniently forget the Romulans and Klingons have allied themselves in the past, where as prior to the Dominion War, no such alliances ever existed between the Romulans and the Federation. Hell, they didn't even want to join the Feds in that war.

:rolleyes:

that was when there was a united romulan empire and the typical romulan on the street was not concerned by the imperialistic nature of their government. and the reason why the romulans didnt join that war was because a powerful senator called senator "it's a faaaake!" Vreenak, he opposed the idea of an alliance and also because their own interests were not threatened until tricked into that war.

In 2409 with D'tan he mentions that the alliance has only been setup between federation and kdf because these rebel romulans cant really settle between the star empire and the empire without some significant support to back it up. so basically it is a peace movement but they are not interested in a short term alliance beyond a convenience, but perhaps when the republic has opened a dialogue with the vulcans for the long term, it is likely that these romulan republic types will have a stronger relation with the federation, but again as a man of peace D'tan is also likely to setup deals with the klingons as well to avoid a knife in the back of the RR by the kdf.

it is true there was an alliance between the klingons and romulans not too long ago, i dont know much of the details but it was between ToS and TNG where the breakdown happened as the last real act of an alliance between the sides, a deal was made for 3 D7 cruisers in exchange for the romulan cloaking device.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    first I ll go FED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]