test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who are you allying your Romulan/Reman with?

quanmanchuquanmanchu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
Since Romulan's can't be their own faction (at least for now....bwahahahahaha..),who do you plan to ally your Romulan and/or Reman with? I plan to have my Romulan side with KDF and my Reman go Starfleet. Hopefully, the devs will at some interesting dialogs for my Romulan choice. :D
Post edited by quanmanchu on

Comments

• captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I plan to do at least 2, maybe 3 characters so both.

probably romulan starfleet, and reman klingon and then a third alien character that could go either way.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well since the choice for the romulan faction dosent matter, i will go with fed

Edit: and KDF... Making two chars...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    KDF all the way baby. I'm not pretentious or self-righteous enough to qualify for Starfleet. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when that 3rd slot comes, i intend to have 2 remans and 1 romulan

1st Reman - KDF Allied. Tactical.
    T'varo retrofit - Plasma torpedo nightmare boat w/cutting beam and hyperlauncher. :D.

2nd Reman - Fed Allied. Engineer.
    Probably D'Deridex retrofit - Plasma beams and hyperlauncher w/cutting beam.

Romulan - KDF Allied. Science.
    Likely waiting for Scimitar - likely to be a DHC/DC w/cutting beam and hyperlauncher.

reason i am choosing two KDF allied is because i am 1 more Fed toon more then KDF, besides the Klingons are far more helpful and open to RR then Starfleet's cold response.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    KDF. Any toons I make will be KDF. All my current toons are KDF, and I wanna keep it that way.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My first character will be a romulan Engineer allied with Starfleet. I may then make a Reman who allies with either faction.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will be making 3 federation romulans and 3 kdf romulans, WHY? because romulans get access to all kdf/fed constent that there is no reason to play federation or klingon anymore, billions of ec and months of gameplay wasted because of the balance romulans have, just because romulans have access to EVERY CONSOLE IN GAME.. good job cryptic, how about balancing it and giving romulan consoles to kdf/fed too so we dont have to waste our life grinding a faction that is no longer the best, or dont allow the c store ships into romulan use so we dont see romulans using interceptors, acetons, leech, magnetogenerator and that kind of ****.. I hate you.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When Hobus exploded, Starfleet sent an aid package, and the Klingon Empire sent an invasion fleet. They have a massive military, a habit of occasionally attacking their allies, and they call their own experiment with democracy "the Dark Times."

I can't think of a reason to join the KDF . . . . oh wait, it's the only way to get a D7. Aw man, now I'm tempted anyway.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haven't decided if I am making a romulan yet.

Mainly because I dont want to grind reputation on more characters. Chances are I will just play tholian rep on my regulars and be done by the time the next reputation comes out.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    saxfire wrote: »
    I will be making 3 federation romulans and 3 kdf romulans, WHY? because romulans get access to all kdf/fed constent that there is no reason to play federation or klingon anymore, billions of ec and months of gameplay wasted because of the balance romulans have, just because romulans have access to EVERY CONSOLE IN GAME..
    Aww, calm down, Sax. It's just consoles. At least they didn't give away all the ships, too.
    saxfire wrote: »
    good job cryptic, how about balancing it and giving romulan consoles to kdf/fed too so we dont have to waste our life grinding a faction that is no longer the best, or dont allow the c store ships into romulan use so we dont see romulans using interceptors, acetons, leech, magnetogenerator and that kind of ****.. I hate you.
    Romulans can't use Interceptors...they've got no carrier to launch them from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think my signature says all of what my Rommie will be.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is only One answer to this question: kdf.

I mean, have you seen the Feds pvp?
    Why ally with the losing side of a conflict?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Romulans can't use Interceptors...they've got no carrier to launch them from.

they dont have carriers... yet.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am thinking Reman Science Officer allied with the KDF. Then maybe a Liberated Borg Romulan Engineer to ally with the Federation.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Romulan will be KDF. It is the right time to switch sides as I already have 2 fed mains.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having now seen the uniforms im going Federation (Fed romulan 2 is the best and smartest)
    Live long and Prosper
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    There is only One answer to this question: kdf.

I mean, have you seen the Feds pvp?
    Why ally with the losing side of a conflict?

>PvP
    >STO

Lolwutermelon
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • turks1turks1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Federation all the way.

I like to play the good guys, plus Daniels from the Enterprise show said the KDF will be a member of the Federation in the 26th Century, so I think I'll stick with the winning side.
    I'm a lover not a fighter. But I'm also a fighter so don't get any ideas...
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you ally with the Feds you may as well just turn the self destruct on
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    turks1 wrote: »
    Federation all the way.

I like to play the good guys, plus Daniels from the Enterprise show said the KDF will be a member of the Federation in the 26th Century, so I think I'll stick with the winning side.

Yeah, he said.
    But he said so in an alternate timeline where Archer and his crew hadn't blown up the Delphic Expanse Spheres and the expanse encompassed a hughe portion of everything.
    In that future the Federation was also still using Phase Cannons and the inside of their ships looked like cardassian space stations.
    Remember, in "Carpenter Street" he told Archer that the outcome of the Xindi conflict hadn't reached him and his people yet.
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kruge said it best:

"Oh yes. New cities, homes in the country. Your woman at your side, children playing at your feet, and overhead, fluttering in the breeze, the flag of the Federation. Charming."

KDF all the way baby.
  • itsthebishopitsthebishop Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    variant37 wrote: »
    Kruge said it best:

"Oh yes. New cities, homes in the country. Your woman at your side, children playing at your feet, and overhead, fluttering in the breeze, the flag of the Federation. Charming."

KDF all the way baby.

Precisely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Romulan Praetorian Guard
    Original join date:January 2010
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    variant37 wrote: »
    Kruge said it best:

KDF all the way baby.

Great Scott! I'm a Klingon :eek:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Yeah, he said.
    But he said so in an alternate timeline where Archer and his crew hadn't blown up the Delphic Expanse Spheres and the expanse encompassed a hughe portion of everything.
    In that future the Federation was also still using Phase Cannons and the inside of their ships looked like cardassian space stations.
    Remember, in "Carpenter Street" he told Archer that the outcome of the Xindi conflict hadn't reached him and his people yet.

but he was using that alternate dimension as an example of what might happen to convince archer of the importance of his mission, in addition you missed the fact that the federation had a Prometheus class ship flying past twice using its phasers and a vorcha cruiser in the background.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Going to make three Romulan characters at first
    A Liberated Romulan Fed allied Sci or Eng.
    A Reman KDF allied Tac.
    and something else.
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Romulan Science Officer, KDF allied

Why? The reason is probably a bit shallow but: those uniforms, oh god those uniforms...
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fed. Unless I could defect and go pure Romulan
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    but he was using that alternate dimension as an example of what might happen to convince archer of the importance of his mission, in addition you missed the fact that the federation had a Prometheus class ship flying past twice using its phasers and a vorcha cruiser in the background.

It was not alternate for him, it was fact.
    There was also the Dauntless there..a ship that does not exist in our timeline any more.
    And if you go back and watch the scene, the ships were using Phase Cannons not Phasers.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Nova_at_procyon_v.jpg

Given that this future is even more alternate than the JJ verse, how is it supposed to be a fact that anything there will happen in this timeline as well?
  • valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My first romulan will ally with the federation. I prefer diplomacy over marauding(doff system).