• krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sean2448 wrote: »
    don't feel so bad i was 11 of 1125
    I got kicked and now can't load lancher for holodeck

solution for que might not be popular with silvers but here goes
    life timers jump ahead then last silver

there needs to ne a price for silver cryptic does not want to do this

the idle timer needs to be redueced from 1hr to 20 min to kick the freeloaders off

It's Gold (LTS/Subscribers) and Silver (F2P but pay for Cryptic Store items)...

Fun fact, you're paying for a jump in the queue on the Holodeck server, not on Tribble. Tribble, everyone is equal.

Also, my solution, you won't like. Put LTS behind everyone else since they don't pay anything other than that one time fee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • dragntyrrdragntyrr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a life account and I have not been able to even get the loader to open up for the last two hours. This is wrong since we are suppose to have queuing priority. I do not complain much about stuff But not even being able to log in to the normal STO game is wrong.
  • pioneerbobpioneerbob Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been trying to get on all day. I was moved from 357 to 3850 in the queue line earlier today..

Just now I was 257 out of 307 and read a post and checked on the queue and now I am 11609 out of 11609.. :( WHAT THE F***!!!

Oh almost forgot.. I am also a lifer... hmmm . I guess that does not mean squat in a test server.

PB
  • armistice171armistice171 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice if I could log in and play some actual Romulan content on tribble today, but it appears that the nice queue won't be letting that happen. I sat there at around 400 until it finally DC'd me. I would have assumed that the subscriber perk of no queues would have been in effect on tribble.

Not a huge issue though, already got my 1 hour in and a Romulan character created.
  • spike3082spike3082 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i had that same problem now i cant even pull up the game at all im a lifer with over 1100 days in
  • nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bad news for everyone: life's not fair.
    Now we can move on.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A few? More like a bit many. Still waiting for almost an hour (since the server was back up).
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wait a few minutes, you will progress in the queue.

if by progress going from 287 to 13000 range, while waiting. I seriously doubt there are 13000 people wanting to play or are trying to log in. This should play while we wait
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys and Gals ... this open beta ... one of the most important things for Cryptic and its developers to get out of this is a stress test.

That means the stuff you're all doing with the queues ... the waiting, the dc's the stress you're putting on the server, is HELPING them get ready for launch.

Hang in there and realize that this issue with the queues is one of the key things they WANT to see get tested. In just this manner. So that they have some lead time (say 10 days between now and the 21st) to smooth it out and get the actual launch to not be killed by these issues.

Thumbs up to everyone doing their part for stress testing the servers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cutedge242cutedge242 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The jump in queue position is a visual error. They had this problem in Neverwinter the first day it went into open beta. The lower number (when it displays) is correct.
  • rodirhalrodirhal Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice jumping from 450 to 14480.
  • admthomsonadmthomson Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same issue here, jumped from 480 out 491 to 14762 of 14762...

Then it changes to lower numbers, 450, 14762, 390, 14762, 364, etc

Seems to want to put me at the end of the queue then bumps me back up to where I "should" be... hmmm
    Karina%20Everdeen%203%20-%20USS%20Azzameen.png
  • brokenmirror2012brokenmirror2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a display Error. I went from 4 to 19000 something and then got logged in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a lifer and open beta tester, I have enjoyed previewing and testing the new content greatly. The constant server outages, however, have really tested my patience to the limit, though I have avoided any nasty posts up to this point. However:

1) Queue is screwed up. It says I'm 500th or so out of 500, and then after a while jumps to 14,500th out of 14,500. I am fine with waiting in line but not when the line is messed up!

2) Servers have crashed way too often this week for any company other than EA. (We all know what to expect from EA)

3) Tribble Test Weekend happens on Mother's Day weekend, which will make it very difficult to get on the servers for a lot of folks.

4) Unscheduled server wipe was frustrating. Then you block out the option to copy characters over from holodeck to force people during open beta to test the new content...seems like a heavy-handed thing to do since I wager most open beta testers, other than those who don't want to see spoilers, are going to want to check out the new content. However, it means it will be impossible for most testers, who didn't copy a high level character over in time, to test the new tholian reputation system gear this weekend.

5) With LoR beta and Neverwinter open beta all at the same time, queues of all kinds are taking longer to pop on Holodeck these past two weeks, and with the outages and now this interminable Tribble queue I am just fed up about all the lost time I have spent sitting in queues--especially queues that fail because of players going AFK instead of hitting "engage."

Since I cannot get ON tribble to test anything, I am going to submit the following report to the development team.

....................../??/)
    ....................,/?../
    .................../..../
    ............./??/'...'/???`??
    ........../'/.../..../......./??\
    ........('(...?...?.... ?~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.??
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys and Gals ... this open beta ... one of the most important things for Cryptic and its developers to get out of this is a stress test.

Now if only they were to upgrade their servers or even shock horror get another server to run alongside the first, it would be a great idea, reduced lag and higher user capacity in one investment, shame they don't do this :(
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • darklordkddarklordkd Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea same thing with me i was 22 out of 345 then all of a sudden 1546 of 1546
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was 200 and something but now I'm 15670:confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    notapwefan wrote: »
    I was at 839 out of 1174, and now suddenly I am 8388 out of 8388 after waiting for 20 minutes. No idea how this is decided but whatever it is, it is just idiotic.

...guess I should watch an episode of Games of Thrones.

mines is jumping between 25/270 and 15427/15427
    I assume its really the former.. :p
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • cutedge242cutedge242 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since I cannot get ON tribble to test anything, I am going to submit the following report to the development team.

Really dude? How is that helpful to anyone at all?
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, the queue is visually bugged, jumping from 100's numbers (the actual queue number) to the 10,000's, and back, completely at random :(

But I just want to say this, for those who don't know: Tribble doesn't have priority login. Only Holodeck uses that
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm not complaining about waiting in a queue, but I agree that the queue position numbers displayed are inaccurate. It keeps switching between what I assume is my actual position (numbers like "85 of 250"), and "15833 of 15833". I'm guessing that this is the result of the game client not getting an response from the server.
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mines is jumping between 25/270 and 15427/15427
    I assume its really the former.. :p

It is. The ridiculously high number (usually placing you at the back of that number) is a glitch. Ignore it.
  • dwalker1701dwalker1701 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this que is crazy ... I get bumped from 200 to 7652? I thought that part of paying was getting priority access to the que .. apparently that isn't so
  • penthaligonpenthaligon Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I encountered a harmless bug that seemed to put me at some strange place in the queue for a few moment before putting me back in the right place.

http://gyazo.com/8efc769dc7432a458aaefa7ba25f6c6e

This seemed to only happen when I Alt+Tab away from the queue screen. It's harmless enough, thought I could mention it.
  • sibekisibeki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got the same problem. Does this mean I may not alt+tab to browse while waiting?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We've identified the bug with the Tribble queue (i.e. queue sometimes displays incorrect position, jumps around, etc.) and are working on a resolution.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We've identified the bug with the Tribble queue (i.e. queue sometimes displays incorrect position, jumps around, etc.) and are working on a resolution.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for that.. Were just about to post or something. :)

It shows progress briefly from 300+ down to 250 ish, then jumps to 27k.

Edit: Q is buged ..hah!
    signwidrona.png
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does Tribble have the Gold/LTS "Jump-to-the-head-of-the-line" benefit attached to it?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ... 21,323 out of 21,323 ...

That's the biggest queue I've seen in quite awhile. :eek:

<chuckle>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif