Install Arc
Options

Network Outage (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    nuanilnuanil Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    correction, 4 hours. the tribbles are on strike again.

Someone poisoned the quatrotritracali
  • Options
    caltheman1973caltheman1973 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Profile Pic says it all
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why do I have an image of the keystone cops running around when I start thinking about whatever the network crew are doing?
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems I just got in.
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Next you should read about one of my all time heroes in the field of science, the ultimate, the legendary...

ISAAC NEWTON!

Sir Isaac Newton PRS MP (25 December 1642 ? 20 March 1727) was an English physicist and mathematician who is widely regarded as one of the most influential scientists of all time and as a key figure in the scientific revolution. His book Philosophi? Naturalis Principia Mathematica ("Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy"), first published in 1687, laid the foundations for most of classical mechanics. Newton also made seminal contributions to optics and shares credit with Gottfried Leibniz for the invention of the infinitesimal calculus.

Newton's Principia formulated the laws of motion and universal gravitation that dominated scientists' view of the physical universe for the next three centuries. It also demonstrated that the motion of objects on the Earth and that of celestial bodies could be described by the same principles. By deriving Kepler's laws of planetary motion from his mathematical description of gravity, Newton removed the last doubts about the validity of the heliocentric model of the cosmos.

Newton built the first practical reflecting telescope and developed a theory of colour based on the observation that a prism decomposes white light into the many colours of the visible spectrum. He also formulated an empirical law of cooling and studied the speed of sound. In addition to his work on the calculus, as a mathematician Newton contributed to the study of power series, generalised the binomial theorem to non-integer exponents, and developed Newton's method for approximating the roots of a function.

Newton was a fellow of Trinity College and the second Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at the University of Cambridge. He was a devout but unorthodox Christian and, unusually for a member of the Cambridge faculty, he refused to take holy orders in the Church of England, perhaps because he privately rejected the doctrine of trinitarianism. In addition to his work on the mathematical sciences, Newton also dedicated much of his time to the study of alchemy and biblical chronology, but most of his work in those areas remained unpublished until long after his death. In his later life, Newton became president of the Royal Society. He also served the British government as Warden and Master of the Royal Mint.

read more here!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bran, change server status on main page in website to OFFLINE!:confused:
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • Options
    dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, Captains. That ETA was inaccurate as we're now going to conduct a few network hardware changes before we bring the games and servers back up. I'll update the thread once I know more.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

STO and Neverwinter at Tanagra...STO when the walls fell,Neverwinter in winter
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the site is down for maintanace normal game is not affected
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "At first you first don't succeed Mr Kid" Mr. Win

"Try Try again Mr. Win" Mr. Kid

(James Bond "Diamonds are Forever)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Founding Fathers of the United States of America were political leaders and statesmen who participated in the American Revolution by signing the United States Declaration of Independence, taking part in the American Revolutionary War, and establishing the United States Constitution. Within the large group known as the "Founding Fathers", there are two key subsets: the Signers of the Declaration of Independence (who signed the United States Declaration of Independence in 1776) and the Framers of the Constitution (who were delegates to the Constitutional Convention and took part in framing or drafting the proposed Constitution of the United States). A further subset is the group that signed the Articles of Confederation.[2] Many of the Founding Fathers owned African American slaves and the Constitution adopted in 1787 sanctioned the system of slavery. [3] The Founding Fathers made successful efforts to contain or limit slavery throughout the United States and territories, including banning slavery in the Northwest Ordinance of 1787, and abolishing the international slave trade in 1807.
    Some historians define the "Founding Fathers" to mean a larger group, including not only the Signers and the Framers but also all those who, whether as politicians, jurists, statesmen, soldiers, diplomats, or ordinary citizens, took part in winning American independence and creating the United States of America.[4] Historian Richard B. Morris in 1973 identified the following seven figures as the key Founding Fathers: John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and George Washington.[5]
    Warren G. Harding, then a Republican Senator from Ohio, coined the phrase "Founding Fathers" in his keynote address to the 1916 Republican National Convention. He used it several times thereafter, most prominently in his 1921 inaugural address as President of the United States.[6]
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have an alternative I am using myself.... I for one absoluteley love the first BioShock game.
    That game gets me distracted so much I kinda forget 'bout sto...

Try some older game that you remember you loved playing and install that again...

I know, it isnt startrek online but you can still satiate that hunger to play a video game... And look at something different for some time so that you can jump into sto with a slightly fresher mind... :)

Cryptic: GET YOUR ****ING **** TOGETHER!
    topset wrote: »
    How about you take some time off from moaning to read about one of England's greatest scientist?

Charles Darwin!

Charles Robert Darwin, FRS (12 February 1809 ? 19 April 1882) was an English naturalist. He established that all species of life have descended over time from common ancestors,[1] and proposed the scientific theory that this branching pattern of evolution resulted from a process that he called natural selection, in which the struggle for existence has a similar effect to the artificial selection involved in selective breeding.[2]

Darwin published his theory of evolution with compelling evidence in his 1859 book On the Origin of Species, overcoming scientific rejection of earlier concepts of transmutation of species.[3][4] By the 1870s the scientific community and much of the general public had accepted evolution as a fact. However, many favoured competing explanations and it was not until the emergence of the modern evolutionary synthesis from the 1930s to the 1950s that a broad consensus developed in which natural selection was the basic mechanism of evolution.[5][6] In modified form, Darwin's scientific discovery is the unifying theory of the life sciences, explaining the diversity of life.[7][8]

Read here for more information!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Darwin

Dude two words. "darwin Awards" natural selection at its best
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    papabloodpapablood Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    renew1981 wrote: »
    Star Trek Offline is a mmo set in the star trek universe ,
    the game is free to play jump in now and experience all the content
    that oyu cannot play , gold members will have acces to features that they
    cannot use and content that they cannot play , please visit the zen store to
    purchase new items and equipment that you cannot use!

New content coming soon !

No you cannot play it. ! pre purchase now.
    LOL now thats funny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Target locked Captain....Alpha loaded....5,4,3,2,1.... Target dead captain, locking on next target
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For starters...I love the amount of time and effort it must have taken to make STO:lor...I adore that you brought DnD to the fans.

What I wish you would do now..is give your three games their own servers. Or something because clearly whatever you are currently doing..causes all three to crash at the same time.

Sincerly.

Bored with downtime
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...back in...

<chuckle>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, Captains. That ETA was inaccurate as we're now going to conduct a few network hardware changes before we bring the games and servers back up. I'll update the thread once I know more.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

translation, we will let you know in an hour if things improve, if not hold out until later...
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I expect "Crash Test Tribble" title being given away yet again...

Also, wouldn't be a bad idea to extend the test "weekend" for a day.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well at least it seems like they may have decided that one server running on someone's PC from home just won't cut it anymore....time to get someone else to setup their PC so this might just work for more then 30 seconds...
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's all lies!!!!
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously! Maintenance! What the phawk!
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirkson2 wrote: »
    pfft charles darwin pfft i say!

Charles Nowin
  • Options
    denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aww, server just officially 'closed for maintenance'.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jculbert wrote: »
    I hope the test weekend gets extended a day for people who have to work.

IMO, F*CK test weekend. Give me the product i've been paying for first.

Beta testing always struck me as...sad. But, i guess you get a free tribble to fondle :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    foxhunt75 wrote: »

"Working as Intended"
  • Options
    dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the site is down for maintanace normal game is not affected

and who made you king of the world all of a sudden ehh?? who are you Mr? smartypants
  • Options
    rickpellrickpell Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Back down again. At it was behaving wacky, too. Put me back in Defera medium, but beamed in my bridge officers, too. Never saw that before.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ... back out ...

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the cake is real im eating a slice, but the tribble server seems to of dropped again.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thomas Jefferson (April 13, 1743 (April 2, 1743 O.S.) ? July 4, 1826) was an American Founding Father, the principal author of the Declaration of Independence (1776) and the third President of the United States (1801?1809). At the beginning of the American Revolution, he served in the Continental Congress, representing Virginia and then served as a wartime Governor of Virginia (1779?1781). Just after the war ended, from mid-1784 Jefferson served as a diplomat, stationed in Paris. In May 1785, he became the United States Minister to France.
    Jefferson was the first United States Secretary of State (1790?1793) serving under President George Washington. With his close friend James Madison he organized the Democratic-Republican Party, and subsequently resigned from Washington's cabinet. Elected Vice President in 1796, when he came in second to John Adams of the Federalists, Jefferson opposed Adams and with Madison secretly wrote the Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions, which attempted to nullify the Alien and Sedition Acts.
    Elected president in what Jefferson called the Revolution of 1800, he oversaw the purchase of the vast Louisiana Territory from France (1803), and sent the Lewis and Clark Expedition (1804?1806) to explore the new west. His second term was beset with troubles at home, such as the failed treason trial of his former Vice President Aaron Burr. With escalating trouble with Britain who was challenging American neutrality and threatening shipping at sea, he tried economic warfare with his embargo laws which only damaged American trade. In 1803, President Jefferson initiated a process of Indian tribal removal and relocation to the Louisiana Territory west of the Mississippi River, in order to open lands for eventual American settlers.[2]
    A leader in the Enlightenment, Jefferson was a polymath who spoke five languages fluently and was deeply interested in science, invention, architecture, religion and philosophy, interests that led him to the founding of the University of Virginia after his presidency. He designed his own large mansion on a 5,000 acre plantation near Charlottesville, Virginia, which he named Monticello. While not a notable orator, Jefferson was a skilled writer and corresponded with many influential people in America and Europe throughout his adult life.[3]
    Though Jefferson owned many slaves, he opposed the institution all his life and consequently treated and took care of them very well and expected them to work no more than free farmers. Since 1802 historians and others have been divided over the controversy of whether Jefferson was the father of one or more children belonging to Sally Hemings, a slave at Monticello." Historians are also in disagreement with how much Jefferson was committed to the anti-slavery cause. In 1807, President Jefferson signed into law a bill that banned the importation of slaves into the United States. After Martha Jefferson, his wife of eleven years, died in 1782, Jefferson remained a widower for the rest of his life; their marriage produced six children, of whom two survived to adulthood.
    Though Jefferson has been criticized by many modern day scholars over the issue of slavery, he remains rated as one of the greatest U.S. presidents.[4][5]
  • Options
    cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Saw launcher window come up just and then was overjoyed..... till its went gateway timeout :(
This discussion has been closed.